Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ot: rich robinson- the ceaseless sight
Date: August 22, 2014 06:30

man what a great release. i thought last year tom keifer shocked me last year with a great old school rock album but rich really knocked it out of the park here. if the rest of the crowes played on this and chris sang most of the songs, changed a few lyrics, added a few of his own songs and the band added 2-3 cover tunes this could have been a double album and also the best album the crowes released since the mid 90's and that says a lot because i though before the frost.., and warpaint were fantastic. anyone else have it?

Re: ot: rich robinson- the ceaseless sight
Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: August 22, 2014 06:55

Yeah,really dig some of the mellower tunes,too.
Definitely a step up from his previous album (Crooked Sun) as much as I also enjoyed that one.

Date: August 22, 2014 06:57

bonddm
Definitely a step up from his previous album (Crooked Sun) as much as I also enjoyed that one.

step up for sure. rich really one upped chris this year on their new releases.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: August 22, 2014 08:01

keefriffhard4life
bonddm

step up for sure. rich really one upped chris this year on their new releases.
I also liked the new CRB album.I wish both of 'em would tour Australia!

Rich Robinson and Mick Taylor Hendrix Experience
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: August 25, 2014 17:27

I met Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes Saturday night in Fairfield, CT where he is touring around his new release and 3rd solo effort, The Ceaseless Sight. Rich was a great guy, he sang and played exceptionally well and if anyone has the chance to see him LIVE they you will not be disappointed. In our conversation, the inevitable topic of the Stones came up and he mentioned that he was hoping to play with Mick Taylor in the upcoming Hendrix Experience Tour for some of the dates. With the Stones making up their tour dates in Australia Rich said he wasn't sure if they would be able to make it happen but he was really looking forward to getting to play with Mick sometime in the future. Check out Rich's Solo stuff (Paper, Through a Crooked Sun and The Ceaseless Sight). His voice sounds A LOT light Mick Taylor sounded in his Leather Jacket Days...

Re: Rich Robinson and Mick Taylor Hendrix Experience
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 25, 2014 23:38

He does a great version of Winter.

Re: Rich Robinson and Mick Taylor Hendrix Experience
Date: August 25, 2014 23:49

better yet, his favorite Stones tune is Torn and Frayed!!! smiling smiley

Date: August 26, 2014 00:06

his 3 solo albums are great but this one is easily the top of the 3. this is even better then chris robinsons release this year.

Date: August 26, 2014 16:30

Having my first spin on it now. Sounds very good, but it takes some time to get accustomed to his voice, which sounds a bit anonymous to me. It might grow on me, though. I remember not being to fond of Gregg Allman's voice the first time I heard him as well, and now I love him smiling smiley

Date: August 26, 2014 21:54

You aren't kidding, this freaking CD rocks. He even has his drummer do the Charlie Watts drum finish on the first tune, "I Know You". Chris's stuff is great but I'm sorry, brother Rich blows him away. He's a great guy, very friendly and he just blew me away Saturday night. Check him out LIVE when you get the opportunity!!!

Posted by: TRS ()
Date: August 26, 2014 23:46

This is fantastic... Thanks I really like those Robinson boys both are very talanted and underestimated. Not that it matters but I don't think rolling Stone even reviewed Chris brotherhood latest.but anyway Rich's latest is really great.... Thanks for posting I didn't even know he had a new one out,downloaded immediately and can't stop listening.

Date: August 26, 2014 23:59

TRS
This is fantastic... Thanks I really like those Robinson boys both are very talanted and underestimated. Not that it matters but I don't think rolling Stone even reviewed Chris brotherhood latest.but anyway Rich's latest is really great.... Thanks for posting I didn't even know he had a new one out,downloaded immediately and can't stop listening.

rich seems to be more under the radar

Date: August 27, 2014 01:14

None of them are underestimated.

Date: August 27, 2014 17:31

You are so right, I've been playing it constantly since Saturday night, his last release "Through a Crooked Sun" is also stellar. "Lost and Found" is an incredible track that he performed amazingly in Fairfield, CT on Saturday. I'm going to get his first CD "Paper" and I'll check that out as well.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 28, 2014 00:04

I listened to a few tracks today and found it rather boring I must say

Date: August 28, 2014 16:34

then you must not like Mick Taylor's Leather Jacket, Woody's solo stuff or Keith's Winos CD's.....

Date: August 28, 2014 16:46

ronkeith72
then you must not like Mick Taylor's Leather Jacket, Woody's solo stuff or Keith's Winos CD's.....

Not really comparable, imo. I like Rich's new album better than Leather Jacket and Taylor's debut album, for instance - but it's not up there with Slide On This or Talk Is Cheap.

The playing is great, his singing is passable technically - but it is kind of anonymous - a bit soulless, imo.

The music, the guitar playing and the arrangements - is all very nice.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 28, 2014 21:53

Love the Crowes and Rich Robinson but much like Taylor's solo work the singing is so flat it kills the song. I really like the new Chris Robinson Brotherhood album.

New Ryan Adams stuff is also worth checking out.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: August 29, 2014 10:42

Just got it, it's cool on 1st listen. Can't say I agree that it's better than the CRB release from this year. Will see after a month or so. The CRB stuff is superb.

Date: August 29, 2014 17:09

Bottom line, they are both very good live as solo acts. However, the Black Crowes on this last Tour with Jackie Greene playing guitar with Rich were performing at as high a level as they evr have. I hope the Crowes return in 2015-2016!!!

Date: August 31, 2014 06:30

champ72
Just got it, it's cool on 1st listen. Can't say I agree that it's better than the CRB release from this year. Will see after a month or so. The CRB stuff is superb.

you can really see where rich is right now and where chris is. chris is into more grateful dead type stuff and rich is still with the late 60's/early 70's roots rock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-31 06:30 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 31, 2014 11:02

And you can see that they still need each other. While Rich's album is very strong, he still is no lead singer by any stretch. And Chris' Brotherhood stuff is just kind of boring. Not a lot of spark, and not rock n' roll enough. They need to be together and play with that brotherly tension and Rich giving the riffs, and Chris the lyrics and singing.

Date: August 31, 2014 11:20

whitem8
And you can see that they still need each other. While Rich's album is very strong, he still is no lead singer by any stretch. And Chris' Brotherhood stuff is just kind of boring. Not a lot of spark, and not rock n' roll enough. They need to be together and play with that brotherly tension and Rich giving the riffs, and Chris the lyrics and singing.

i agree but if they aren't seeing eye to eye i'd rather them just tour as the black crowes every few years and do music apart so tensions don't arise. maybe play some new songs live, record that and release it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home