Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O T Bose?
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 25, 2014 13:35

Already have a small portable bose blue tooth speaker and always been impressed with it.

But was just wondering if anybody reccomends any other blue toooth make, as i am looking to buy another one and looking at around £200 - £300 mark.

Re: O T Bose?
Date: July 25, 2014 18:34

Nobody please.

I seem to recall a heading a couple of years ago and a lot of people were saying don't bother with Bose as there ware a lot of better other makes around.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 25, 2014 18:35

Not a recommendation but have a look orbitsound.com

Date: July 25, 2014 20:09

exhpart

Thanks.thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 25, 2014 20:16

There's a lot of British makers that'll give you a most satisfying listening exp.

Personally I would stay away from Bose.

(PS : how's your wife Odean?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-25 20:17 by dcba.

Date: July 25, 2014 20:52

dcba
There's a lot of British makers that'll give you a most satisfying listening exp.

Personally I would stay away from Bose.

(PS : how's your wife Odean?)

Thanks for the info.

Thanks also for asking about my wife. Teresa is doing very well considering what she went through and is getting stronger as the weeks go by.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 25, 2014 21:37

odean73
exhpart

Thanks.thumbs up

I'm in the exhibition business and they've done a few events with me...seem like a good firm and getting good press

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 25, 2014 23:43

They've a nice shop in Regents Street, but I prefer Bang & Olufsen.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 25, 2014 23:51

tomcasagranda
They've a nice shop in Regents Street, but I prefer Bang & Olufsen.

So do i,i have Beolap 1 as my front speakers

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 26, 2014 00:18

My hifi enthusiast son has a Minx Go by Cambridge Audio (and also advised me against Bose when I was looking for something else a while back). It always sounds pretty good to me! I've had other Cambridge Audio gear and considered it to be excellent.

Date: July 26, 2014 19:41

There are different types of BlueTooth enabled speakers .... portable , desktop , in-home system etc. .

I agree to stay away from Bose. They are not completely horrible for BlueTooth but there are better options out there. Bang and Olufsen + Cambridge Audio are 2 of those better options and there are probably a dozen more.

Whichever one you go with,I would get one (or a set) with the option of hard wiring the connection,when convenient,for better sound quality >>>> usually via a 3.5 mm audio input connector jack or by the old red and white RCA style audio input connector jacks.

Date: July 26, 2014 20:24

BlueTooth Speakers to strongly consider =

- Geneva Sound System Model S Wireless (Voted the best under 400 pounds by What HiFi.) : * [www.genevalab.com] *

- ClearView Audio Clio : * [www.clearviewaudio.com] * + * [www.soundandvision.com] *

- Creative Labs ZiiSound D5x : * [www.soundandvision.com] * + * [us.creative.com] *

- DALI Kubik (Kubik Free + Kubik Xtra) : * [www.aptx.com] * + * [www.dali-us.com] * (The 2nd speaker in the Xtra set-up draws its power from the 1st one.)

- WHARFEDALE COBALT WIRELESS BLUETOOTH SPEAKER : * [www.musicdirect.com] *

- Wharfedale DS-1 (Desktop Style) : * [www.whathifi.com] *

- NuForce S3-BT (Desktop Style) : * [www.nuforce.com] *

- Grain Audio PWS.01 : * [www.quantum-wireless.com] * + * [www.soundandvision.com] * (Portable)

- Soundmatters Dash 7 : * [www.audioadvisor.com] * (Portable)

- Carbon Audio Pocket Speaker : * [www.digitaltrends.com] * (Portable)

- Nakamichi NBS 10 : * [www.nakamichi.co.uk] * (Portable)

- Soundcast Systems Melody Bluetooth Speaker : * [www.soundandvision.com] * (Portable)

--------------------------------------------------

Date: July 26, 2014 20:38

Non-BlueTooth Wireless Speakers to consider =

- Audio Pro Air One Wireless AirPlay Speaker (High-End ; Available in 3 Different Colors) : * [www.amazon.com] *

- Libratone Zipp , Live , Loop , and / or Lounge : * [www.libratone.com] *

These non-BlueTooth models use Air Play and / or D.L.N.A. ; wireless network technologies.

Date: July 26, 2014 21:01

Lastly,if you are looking to have BlueTooth as an option in your home Hi-Fi audio / home theater set-up,you can simply just get a surround sound processor (pre-amplifier) OR an audio / video receiver (home theater amplifier) with BlueTooth capabilities.

That way,you could use virtually ANY speakers (ones that match the amplifier) and then have the option for making a BlueTooth connection when desired.

Examples =

- Denon AVR-X3100W : * [www.crutchfield.com] *

or,you can add this optional BlueTooth Adapter to any Marantz gear ( AV8801 / SR5004 / SR7008 etc. ) WITH an " M-XPort " :

- Marantz RX101 : * [www.onecall.com] *

I hope that this thread does not get deleted or merged as it directly relates to music. Obviously,you play back music (Stones music) using audio equipment.

I just spent nearly an hour trying to clarify this issue for other Stones fans ...... providing various options for different applications ..... for listening to Stones music as well as any other music.

Date: July 26, 2014 23:44

Apologies it's been a busy day, elderly parents etc.

Just to say thanks for all the info and especially winning ugly I do appreciate all the research involved.

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: July 27, 2014 14:33

Just picked up one of these, very happy with it!

Date: July 27, 2014 21:15

UnpurePurist
Just picked up one of these, very happy with it!

Thanks.

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: July 28, 2014 12:41

Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200. Astonishing sound!

Matti

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 28, 2014 17:53

Buy the UE. Not expensive and great

Date: July 29, 2014 08:31

potus43
Buy the UE. Not expensive and great

thanks, will check all these out.thumbs up

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 29, 2014 22:09

I got a lesson on Bose many years ago when inquiring at an independent electronics shop about some of their equipment. They had it for comparison reasons but did not sell it.

Bose sells a good product. They also spend the most on marketing and anyone who sells their products agree to their price; you can't really shop around for better prices, its all price-controlled by Bose.

After the Bose demo, I received a demo of a Denon receiver with Boston Acoustic speakers. The sound was actually better...at less than half the cost.

My conclusion about Bose was very good equipment but very overpriced due to its huge amount of marketing and price controls.

Date: July 29, 2014 23:25

kovach
I got a lesson on Bose many years ago when inquiring at an independent electronics shop about some of their equipment. They had it for comparison reasons but did not sell it.

Bose sells a good product. They also spend the most on marketing and anyone who sells their products agree to their price; you can't really shop around for better prices, its all price-controlled by Bose.

After the Bose demo, I received a demo of a Denon receiver with Boston Acoustic speakers. The sound was actually better...at less than half the cost.

My conclusion about Bose was very good equipment but very overpriced due to its huge amount of marketing and price controls.

Thanks for the info.

To be honest I could not understand the dislike against Bose, apart from the inflated prices ( that rings a bell lol ) I do have the mini portable Bose speaker and quite pleased with it.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 30, 2014 04:08

Odean 73, I too just got the mini bluetooth Bose speak and think it is great. It wasn't that expensive in relation to others I tested and had the best bass response. For a small little think it really can put out great sound. I also have the Bose noise canceling headphones and those are amazing!

Date: July 30, 2014 08:50

whitem8
Odean 73, I too just got the mini bluetooth Bose speak and think it is great. It wasn't that expensive in relation to others I tested and had the best bass response. For a small little think it really can put out great sound. I also have the Bose noise canceling headphones and those are amazing!

Thats the one i have and very pleased with it.

I was going to get another mini Bose speaker, but they have another Bose for another £100 more and not sure if to go for that one.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:16

the thing about most domestic Bose audio equipment is that it isn't "Hi Fi" in the truest sense.

It's always engineered to sound very pleasant and listenable, with impressive scale but it's sonsequently too charactorful to reveal any real recording subtlety and detail.

I would however concede that, given the quality of much modern production and mastering, this won't always be a bad thing !

Date: July 31, 2014 16:38

Spud
the thing about most domestic Bose audio equipment is that it isn't "Hi Fi" in the truest sense.

It's always engineered to sound very pleasant and listenable, with impressive scale but it's sonsequently too charactorful to reveal any real recording subtlety and detail.

I would however concede that, given the quality of much modern production and mastering, this won't always be a bad thing !

Hi,

What is your preference for Bluetooth portable speakers?

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: July 31, 2014 16:52

We just went thru this on THIS post

Date: July 31, 2014 17:57

alhavu1
We just went thru this on THIS post

Don't shout!!

Just asking for spuds preferences, no need to get upset.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-31 17:58 by odean73.

Date: July 31, 2014 18:05

The best way to handle this is to check the audio equipment review sites for direct comparison.

Very few individual people outside of the industry actually purchase multiple different brands and / or models of speakers in the same category and then perform direct evaluations and side by side comparisons.

The review sites are given or loaned review samples for this exact purpose.

Now,I would not base my opinion off of one single review (for various reasons) but,rather form a consensus from reading a wide range of reviews from multiple sources.

Review Sites for Audio Equipment :

- * [www.hometheaterhifi.com] *

- * [www.cnet.com] *

- * [www.soundandvision.com] *

- * [thewirecutter.com] *

- * [www.ecoustics.com] *

- * [www.whathifi.com] *

Then,there are also the Amazon customer reviews which,while not really much of a source for direct comparisons,it is a great source for general overall level of satisfaction and,the big issue with some items,the level of reliability.

Date: July 31, 2014 18:23

I noticed while looking up those links for the review sites that CNet seems to be recommending the " Nyne Bass " . :

* [www.cnet.com] *

" The Nyne Bass is an attractively designed wireless Bluetooth speaker that delivers fuller sound than other speakers in the $ 150 / £ 125 price range. "

Also,The WireCutter recommends the Marshall 'Stanmore' : * [thewirecutter.com] * + * [thewirecutter.com] * .

Wren , JBL , and Fluance were given honorable mention .... in that order.

The Marshall Stanmore and the Wren V5BT (Bluetooth) seem to be a little bit more portable than the Nyne Bass or the earlier mentioned 'Soundcast Systems Melody Bluetooth Speaker' .

The SoundMatters models have always gotten top marks for small BlueTooth speakers .

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home