Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2014 23:35

Saints won today by essentially losing. What a pitiful team they have. Wow.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 22, 2014 11:25

It was glorious! >grinning smiley<

Date: September 22, 2014 11:28

crholmstrom

clearly though seattle isn't the same team as they were last year and denver is a better team then last year. i think by week 12 or 13 lynch is going to be gassed

btw good job steelers, winning by running the ball over 200 yards with 2 guys who shouldn't even be playing right now with drug charges

Date: September 22, 2014 11:59

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

clearly though seattle isn't the same team as they were last year and denver is a better team then last year. i think by week 12 or 13 lynch is going to be gassed

btw good job steelers, winning by running the ball over 200 yards with 2 guys who shouldn't even be playing right now with drug charges

It was a great game to be at for sure. The season should be interesting. A lot of newer guys produced yesterday. Due to budgetary considerations, I'm not going to a game until Arizona in November. Have SF in December, too. We do have a run of home games against kind on not so good teams (NYG, Dallas, Oakland). A few of the road games are worrisome (Philly, NFC West). I think the Hawks will definitely be in contention at the end of the year.

Date: September 25, 2014 13:54

South Park weighed in on the Washington name controversy. "Washington Redskins, go f yourself". Very funny!>grinning smiley<

Date: September 28, 2014 10:03

Kind of week schedule today. Lot of good teams (Seahawks, Broncos, Cardinals, Bengals) all have bye weeks. Looking forward to to the 49er/Eagle matchup. Think Philly may put a stake through the heart of SF/SC. Michigan job may start looking real attractive to Harbwhaugh.grinning smiley

Date: September 28, 2014 21:40

crholmstrom
Kind of week schedule today.

Well it is Sunday, the last day of the weak.

Date: September 29, 2014 00:44

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Sorry. It was middle of night. On some nasty new meds that making me really sick. SF are looking terrible. So sad. NOT!smoking smiley

Date: September 29, 2014 01:43

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Sorry. It was middle of night. On some nasty new meds that making me really sick. SF are looking terrible. So sad. NOT!smoking smiley

Ha ha. Just razzin' ya!

Date: September 29, 2014 01:44

There are some teams I can't stand, like Dallas, and I hope they always lose. And tonight I hope they really lose. Then again, the way the Saints are playing... who knows.

Date: September 29, 2014 02:17

GasLightStreet
There are some teams I can't stand, like Dallas, and I hope they always lose. And tonight I hope they really lose. Then again, the way the Saints are playing... who knows.

I am not a fan of America's team either. The SF empathy comes from the rivalry. Don't have that hatred for Arizona (yet, haha). You were right earlier about the Jets schedule. Hopefully they come out of it stronger & make things interesting the rest of the year. AFC East is far from being a done deal.New England hasn't blown me away this year. I'm starting to think the Seahawk loss to San Diego isn't going to look so bad at the end of the year. The Chargers are sure looking like they are for real. The SF/Philly game has turned out to be a good one. Hope the night game is good, too. I really hate bye week but it has been kind of nice not to be emotionally invested in game this week. Last week, the Hawk/Denver game took a lot out of me. In a really good way, of course!smoking smiley

Date: September 29, 2014 06:13

well a lot of teams are 1-3 now and that means despite a miracle their seasons are pretty much over. i feel bad for saints and jets fans as both teams had the talent to be playoff contenders

Date: September 29, 2014 06:57

Ugh. Saints will be lucky to finish 3-13 at this point. Pathetic.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: September 29, 2014 19:02

Snoop Dogg expressed my feelings quite eloquently about the Pittsburgh game.

video: [www.tmz.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 29, 2014 19:10

Go Los Angeles!.......Oh, wait, and wait, and wait...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 29, 2014 19:53

keefriffhard4life
well a lot of teams are 1-3 now and that means despite a miracle their seasons are pretty much over. i feel bad for saints and jets fans as both teams had the talent to be playoff contenders

There's no chance any of those 1-3 teams go on a super hot streak and win 10 straight or 10 out of the last 12 and make the playoffs?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 29, 2014 21:33

nightskyman
keefriffhard4life

There's no chance any of those 1-3 teams go on a super hot streak and win 10 straight or 10 out of the last 12 and make the playoffs?

While there is still a mathamatical chance that a team could do what you describe, in the NFL, historically it is fairly improbable. According to a couple of places I found on the web, "since the NFL adopted its current playoff format in 1990, 25 teams have gotten to the playoffs after starting the season 1-3 or 0-4."

Not sure what the probability is for a 3-1 team to NOT make the playoffs but I've got plenty of space on my "anti-Cowboys bandwagon" if anyone would like to get on-board!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 30, 2014 00:04

GasLightStreet

hey that division is so bad they could go 8-8 and possibly finished first and make the playoffs

Date: September 30, 2014 00:06

nightskyman
keefriffhard4life

the teams i mentioned haven't shown any signs they can do that. the jets have even more injuries on defense to their secondary, which was already weak, and had to put a guy from the practice squad on the field yesterday. that raises a red flag with me

Date: October 4, 2014 18:59

Some good matchups this weekend. Should be superior to last week's games. More later. "working" winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 4, 2014 19:26

Let's see how AZ plays at Denver..... At this time - T A&M vs Miss State is an awesome game

Date: October 5, 2014 03:13

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

hey that division is so bad they could go 8-8 and possibly finished first and make the playoffs

Yeah. Isn't that great? Almost as bad as that year a team with a LOSING RECORD not only won a division but made the playoffs AND hosted a game!

People gripe about that, that if the Saints had been at home they would've won. No way. They were so injured it would not of mattered who they played yet alone a Seattle team that made the playoffs by complete default.

As long as Craplanta doesn't win the 2015 Super Bowl (or any Super Bowl) I'll be fine.

Date: October 5, 2014 10:30

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Yeah. Isn't that great? Almost as bad as that year a team with a LOSING RECORD not only won a division but made the playoffs AND hosted a game!

People gripe about that, that if the Saints had been at home they would've won. No way. They were so injured it would not of mattered who they played yet alone a Seattle team that made the playoffs by complete default.

As long as Craplanta doesn't win the 2015 Super Bowl (or any Super Bowl) I'll be fine.

I watched an ESPN special about that 1st NO/Seattle playoff game yesterday. Think the Beastquake run is one of the best I've ever seen. It never gets old. Sort of set the bar for greater things to come!>grinning smiley<

Date: October 5, 2014 18:31

patriots make some more odd roster moves

Date: October 5, 2014 19:08

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

I watched an ESPN special about that 1st NO/Seattle playoff game yesterday. Think the Beastquake run is one of the best I've ever seen. It never gets old. Sort of set the bar for greater things to come!>grinning smiley<

Alas, it should've never happened. The playoff scenario is pathetic.

Date: October 6, 2014 04:18

Saints won. By default. Another horrible game by the Saints. People acting like they'll get it together, turn into a 13-3 team. I don't see it.

Date: October 6, 2014 05:38

GasLightStreet
Saints won. By default. Another horrible game by the Saints. People acting like they'll get it together, turn into a 13-3 team. I don't see it.

well every aspect of the jets looked bad today

Date: October 6, 2014 06:18

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Do you think they are going to play Michael Vick? & is Rex going to be coach all season?

Date: October 6, 2014 07:51

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Do you think they are going to play Michael Vick? & is Rex going to be coach all season?
vick played no better than smith. Ryan is probably gone at the end of the year

Date: October 6, 2014 11:31

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

vick played no better than smith. Ryan is probably gone at the end of the year

We didn't get that game here. Had the Broncos & Cards games. I was doing some heavy duty switching back & forth. The Cards are just snakebit. I think there ought to be a rule about Phil Simms calling more than one game a week. He's just insipid. Blah blah blah. Still think my favorite color commentator is Dan Fouts. Knows when to shut up. They are going to have to install a cold shower in the booth for Gruden tonight with Russell Wilson playing & Gruden's brother coaching. GO HAWKS!hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home