Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Date: August 27, 2014 09:33

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
pete and the seahawks fined. seriously does this guy even know how to run a program without breaking some rules. thats at least twice he's broken the CBA since he became the coach in seattle. had player drug related issues with the jets, usc and seattle. had ncaa violations in usc.

"He's just an excitable boy" Warren Zevon. Seriously, pretty minor stuff on the CBA. & if you look at the roster now, think they only have 1 guy left who had the PED issue. Bruce Irvin. The rest are gone. Watch out for Percy Harvin this year. I've got a little voice telling me he's going to have an epic year. When healthy, don't think anyone can stop him. GO HAWKS!

its minor stuff as far as the CBA goes. it was just my point even the 1 year he coached the jets he had rumors/allegations of things against league policy with his players, staff, training methods, etc

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 27, 2014 10:42

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
pete and the seahawks fined. seriously does this guy even know how to run a program without breaking some rules. thats at least twice he's broken the CBA since he became the coach in seattle. had player drug related issues with the jets, usc and seattle. had ncaa violations in usc.

"He's just an excitable boy" Warren Zevon. Seriously, pretty minor stuff on the CBA. & if you look at the roster now, think they only have 1 guy left who had the PED issue. Bruce Irvin. The rest are gone. Watch out for Percy Harvin this year. I've got a little voice telling me he's going to have an epic year. When healthy, don't think anyone can stop him. GO HAWKS!

its minor stuff as far as the CBA goes. it was just my point even the 1 year he coached the jets he had rumors/allegations of things against league policy with his players, staff, training methods, etc

With the state of the AFC, I think your Jets have pretty good shot at making the playoffs at least. Applaud the decision to go with Geno rather than Vick. If they think he's the quarterback for the future, they have to play him.

Date: August 27, 2014 10:51

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

With the state of the AFC, I think your Jets have pretty good shot at making the playoffs at least. Applaud the decision to go with Geno rather than Vick. If they think he's the quarterback for the future, they have to play him.

i'd like to believe they can make the playoffs but i think their schedule is too brutal and the secondary is such a big issue for the QBs that they face i just don't see it. in the first 10 weeks of the season we play the packers, bears,lions, chargers, bronocos, patriots, chiefs and steelers.

Date: August 27, 2014 10:58

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

i'd like to believe they can make the playoffs but i think their schedule is too brutal and the secondary is such a big issue for the QBs that they face i just don't see it. in the first 10 weeks of the season we play the packers, bears,lions, chargers, bronocos, patriots, chiefs and steelers.

we'll soften up the packers, broncos & chargers for you!winking smiley

Date: August 27, 2014 11:08

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

we'll soften up the packers, broncos & chargers for you!winking smiley

well good. this is also at least the 2nd year in a row the jets play the patriots on a short week. the patriots are coming off of their bye this year to play us thursday night while the jets play denver just 4 days before that

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 27, 2014 22:28

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

I believe the Jets at least have a shot at Steelers, Lions, and Chiefs (I've lost confidence in the Chiefs). None of those teams I take seriously anymore. And the Pats they place twice, so maybe they split the two games? No shot in defeating the Broncos, Chargers or Packers. The Bears are tricky, dunno maybe a 50-50 shot there.

So perhaps they can get away with a 4-4 record in those games at least spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-27 22:32 by nightskyman.

Date: August 28, 2014 08:53

nightskyman
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

I believe the Jets at least have a shot at Steelers, Lions, and Chiefs (I've lost confidence in the Chiefs). None of those teams I take seriously anymore. And the Pats they place twice, so maybe they split the two games? No shot in defeating the Broncos, Chargers or Packers. The Bears are tricky, dunno maybe a 50-50 shot there.

So perhaps they can get away with a 4-4 record in those games at least spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

whats funny is the espn experts have the jets destroying the chargesr and then the steelers just embarrassing the jets. i don't see that happening at all.
here is are schedule and what i see happening

Oakland Raiders win
at Green Bay Packers loss
Chicago Bears close game 50/50
Detroit Lions close game 50/50
at San Diego Chargers loss
Denver Broncos loss
at New England Patriots close game but loss
Buffalo Bills win
at Kansas City Chiefs close game 50/50
Pittsburgh Steelers close game 50/50
bye
at Buffalo Bills win
Miami Dolphins win
at Minnesota Vikings win
at Tennessee Titans win
New England Patriots close game 50/50
at Miami Dolphins loss

so right now i see 6 wins for sure and 5 games they are a loss. the other 5 games are the ones they need to steal a win at. this all depends though on if the CB situation gets straight and if geno throws around 14-17 INTs for the season and at least 20 TDs. the team also needs at least 14 rushing TDs between the RBs and the QB and the RBs to get a combined 2,100 yards or so

Date: August 28, 2014 11:28

1 week until the real season begins! Woo hoo! GO HAWKS!hot smiley

Date: August 29, 2014 12:15

Well glad we got that out of our systems. My Hawks laid a big steaming, well never mind, in Oakland last night except for the first 2 minutes. Not super worried. Will be a good wake up call & I'm willing to bet that they will be hearing about it from uncle Pete plenty. Hope Packers bring some nice wine to go with the cheese...>grinning smiley<

Date: August 30, 2014 11:53

maybe Rams should take a look at Terrell Pryor.

Date: August 30, 2014 12:50

crholmstrom

yeah.

i can't believe the cincy released benjarvus green-ellis

Date: August 30, 2014 13:22

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

yeah.

From afar, Cincy sure makes some wacky decisions sometimes. That team is loaded. Just can't quite get over the hump.

Date: August 30, 2014 13:51

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

yeah.

From afar, Cincy sure makes some wacky decisions sometimes. That team is loaded. Just can't quite get over the hump.

green-ellis is a bit old for a starting RB, 29 1/2 this year. his production dropped since joining cincy, though the o-line could be the issue. maybe this ends up being a move like the browns with trading trent richardson where it right now made no negative impact and trent looks the same on the colts as he did with the browns

Date: August 31, 2014 01:16

now i can't talk about the cincy roster cuts as the jest make even less sense.

Are the going for the ever elusive no secondary defense this year? Cuts include:
CB Patterson (projected started 2 weeks ago)
CB Brandon Dixon (rookie projected to get minutes)
CB Johnny Patrick
CB Jeremy Reeves
SS Rontez Miles (projected to get minutes)

I wonder if they are going to try and get Champ Bailey or one of the several veterans still out there in free agency

add to this 1-2 guys who play offense i thought would make it

Date: August 31, 2014 03:45

keefriffhard4life
now i can't talk about the cincy roster cuts as the jest make even less sense.

Are the going for the ever elusive no secondary defense this year? Cuts include:
CB Johnny Patrick
CB Jeremy Reeves

I wonder if they are going to try and get Champ Bailey or one of the several veterans still out there in free agency

The wide receiver who was 2nd round pick last year. Name eluding me. Puzzling. Stephen Hill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-31 03:46 by crholmstrom.

Date: August 31, 2014 04:02

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
now i can't talk about the cincy roster cuts as the jets make even less sense.

CB Johnny Patrick
CB Jeremy Reeves

The wide receiver who was 2nd round pick last year. Name eluding me. Puzzling. Stephen Hill.

yeah hill. Gates is an odd cut too

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 31, 2014 21:55

College Football-

I would like to put in my 2 cents worth on the FSU- Oklahoma State game played last night in Irving.

Yes- the Noles did not mirror a number one team whatsoever. However, they beat a respectable opponent. FSU, Miami never back down from playing anyone, anywhere, any place any time. Unlike the Gstors.

The WolfPack escaped a loss from a well-coached athletic Ga. Southern team. Good day -

Date: August 31, 2014 22:31

Gurley @ UGA sure looked like a Heismann candidate to me. I don't really have an allegiance but my friend is from Georgia & she has much influence. Go Bulldogs!smiling smiley

Date: September 1, 2014 01:36

CR - I agree; Gurley is scary good. I wonder if the Dogs face Texas A&M during reg season -

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: September 1, 2014 05:33

We (Dolphins) will be 8-8 again IMO.

Date: September 1, 2014 14:51

Brstonesfan
We (Dolphins) will be 8-8 again IMO.

tough division until Tom Brady is done.

Date: September 1, 2014 20:29

The Santa Clara 49er fans have been strangely quiet until now. Where are you all?

Date: September 1, 2014 20:43

crholmstrom
The Santa Clara 49er fans have been strangely quiet until now. Where are you all?

I was watching the West Coast News this a.m. and it is reported a 49er player was arrested last night. No big deal-

Date: September 1, 2014 22:13

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

I was watching the West Coast News this a.m. and it is reported a 49er player was arrested last night. No big deal-

Felony domestic violence. Going to put Goodell's new policy about that to the test right away. Ray McDonald, starting defensive end. Could be looking at 6 game suspension. 49er defense is getting decimated from injuries & suspensions.

Date: September 2, 2014 00:14

Miami -Louisville at 5:00 PDT - Hopefully, Duke Johnson is healthy again!!

Date: September 2, 2014 02:41

Chris Fountain
Miami -Louisville at 5:00 PDT - Hopefully, Duke Johnson is healthy again!!

I'm gonna watch. Just got home from getting my Earl Thomas 3 jersey. My friend & i are going to be a mini Legion of Boom when we go to games. I got her a Richard Sherman jersey. She is most happy!smiling smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 2, 2014 02:43

Bears...Cutler MVP.

Date: September 2, 2014 02:51

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Felony domestic violence. Going to put Goodell's new policy about that to the test right away. Ray McDonald, starting defensive end. Could be looking at 6 game suspension. 49er defense is getting decimated from injuries & suspensions.

yeah 49ers took a hit lately. at first many experts said toss a coin and either seattle or the 49ers could win that division. i don't see that happening now

Date: September 2, 2014 03:16

shadooby
Bears...Cutler MVP.

Earl Thomas 3, Super Bowl MVP.winking smiley

Date: September 3, 2014 13:27

Wes "Heisenberg" Welker. Tsk, tsk!grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home