Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 27 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 27, 2015 19:04

Seahawks 31 Patriots 28.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 27, 2015 19:05

Hey is it true that the a lot of the 12th man left early during the Green Bay game?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2015 19:45

More Hot Rocks
Hey is it true that the a lot of the 12th man left early during the Green Bay game?
Not really... very few left considering.

I would go so far as to say that of all teams,Seaheawk fans hung in there and stayed till the (non) bitter end more than any other fans would have.

The ones that did try to get a jump on traffic got what they deserved tho... angry smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 27, 2015 20:34

The local paper here in Phoenix is running articles every day about Super Bowl related stuff. One of the more interesting tidbits regarding Super Bowl week activities was the notice that Steven Tyler, of Aerosmith fame, and a woman singer/performer named Charli XCX, will be the performers at the Rolling Stone (I assume it is the magazine) party at Venue Scottsdale on January 31st. Ticket prices for this show top out at $67,000 dollars. And, yes, that's what the paper listed - $67,000 Yankee dollars. And, to think, you thought Stones tickets were pricey?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 27, 2015 21:33

dmay
The local paper here in Phoenix is running articles every day about Super Bowl related stuff. One of the more interesting tidbits regarding Super Bowl week activities was the notice that Steven Tyler, of Aerosmith fame, and a woman singer/performer named Charli XCX, will be the performers at the Rolling Stone (I assume it is the magazine) party at Venue Scottsdale on January 31st. Ticket prices for this show top out at $67,000 dollars. And, yes, that's what the paper listed - $67,000 Yankee dollars. And, to think, you thought Stones tickets were pricey?

Not worth $15 without the other members of Aerosmith. Hey do you all remember this Superbowl musical moment?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 27, 2015 21:39

I'm going to go Seattle 27 NE 20. smileys with beer

Date: January 28, 2015 09:34

I'm just here so I won't get fined!grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-28 09:39 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 28, 2015 18:23

NE 35
Seattle 21

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 28, 2015 19:04

crholmstrom
I'm just here so I won't get fined!grinning smiley
+1

Date: January 29, 2015 00:11

"Y'all know why I'm here".

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 29, 2015 02:18

It'll all come down to if the Seattle D will be able to do to Brady what it did to Peyton Manning in the previous Super Bowl.

If not, it should be pretty close. Unless we're looking at another NFL dynasty team (not likely).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-29 02:19 by nightskyman.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 29, 2015 02:52

Patriots 27
Seattle 20

Posted by: ts ()
Date: January 29, 2015 03:26

no matter i want the Pats. Seattle is strong.the Stones ever play in Seattle?

Date: January 29, 2015 03:54

((((((((( SEA !!! ))))))))

Date: January 29, 2015 08:11

ts
no matter i want the Pats. Seattle is strong.the Stones ever play in Seattle?

Stones have played Seattle area several times including Century Link Field the last time. Was the only stadium show by them that I've seen that actually sounded good (talking stadium acoustics). Also, the last truly awesome Keith show I saw was in Key Arena on the ABB tour. Motley Crue opened & Ronnie wasn't ahhhh at his best. Keith did all the heavy lifting on guitar with help from Blondie Chaplin. I think they actually turned Ronnie way down in the mix after the solo in Tumbling Dice. Mick was visibly unhappy & Ronnie basically just ran around & did Ronnie antics. Keith was stunningly good though. When the little stage came out I was about 15-20 feet away from Keith's amp. Honky Tonk Women..good times!smoking smiley

Date: January 29, 2015 15:58

Re-living the Stones at the Superbowl

I never saw the press conference footage but I loved the show and the stage.

Date: January 29, 2015 21:31

mighty stork
Re-living the Stones at the Superbowl

I never saw the press conference footage but I loved the show and the stage.

They were really good. To be honest though, I'd have to say Prince playing in the downpour in Florida was my favorite halftime show of all time. Enjoyed Bruce, U2 & Tom Petty too. Katy Perry is ok but I think what they need is Axl Rose out there with a bottle of JD & his cig holder. Or Metallica. Maybe with a rap cameo for that demo. That would be what the true fans would be into. The halftime shows are for the casual 1 game a year fans. I think Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam could do a worthy show too. We'll hope for the best with Katy & Lenny Kravitz. Confession: I thought Katy did a pretty good job on Beast of Burden in Vegas with the Stones. It definitely didn't detract from the show like say, Emotional Rescue. Haha. IMO only!smileys with beer

Date: January 29, 2015 21:33

It's too bad Van Halen have never done a halftime show. It would be incredibly hilarious.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 29, 2015 22:20

patriots cheat. they should be stripped of all their super bowls. it's that simple.

Date: January 29, 2015 22:23

SB VI halftime

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 29, 2015 22:43

alhavu1
patriots cheat. they should be stripped of all their super bowls. it's that simple.

True true. Pats 38 Seattle 24

GO PATS

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 29, 2015 23:16

alhavu1

the rule they ran afoul of wasnt in effect when they won the super bowls in 2001,2003 and 2004. in 2007 and 2011 they lost so you cant take those either.

everyone was doing the same thing-taping the coachs hand signals on the sidelines and then watching it later to steal the signs.
the league put out a memo in 2006 telling everyone to stop,some did and some didnt.the patriots didnt.they ignored the rule change and were later caught.

super bowl winning coachs from the dallas cowboys[jimmy johnson] and pittsburg steelers[bill cowher]have both stated publicly they did the same thing and have confirmed this is what happened.it came out the patriots never taped the other teams practice and have no other violations-so no we're not taking their super bowls away.

to this day teams try to steal signals.instead of filming[as was the case in "spygate"] they simply watch and write down what they see and also use lip readers to decipher what the opposing coachs are saying.[notice during the game they cover their mouths while talking]

my team, the san francisco 49rs have won the super bowl more times than new england and seattle combined so i dont care either way but at least have the facts straight.

the truth is the patriots are one hell of a team. i'm going with the hawks with my money but no matter what we're gonna see some serious head bangin.

Date: January 30, 2015 00:07

Natlanta

SB VI halftime

When I first scrolled down to this picture I thought at first glance it was James Brown from Superbowl XXXI.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 30, 2015 00:31

Natlanta

SB VI halftime

these two people have more talent in one of their fingers than 99% of the clowns you'll see doing the halftime show in this day and age.

thats legendary trumpeter al hirt playing with ella fitzgerald singing in new orleans.

not pretending to play along with a backing track and lip syncing -playing and singing.

Date: January 30, 2015 01:34

Love Ella, grew up listening to her in our household. Why is he blasting his horn in her ear?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 30, 2015 01:59

lem motlow
alhavu1

the rule they ran afoul of wasnt in effect when they won the super bowls in 2001,2003 and 2004. in 2007 and 2011 they lost so you cant take those either.

everyone was doing the same thing-taping the coachs hand signals on the sidelines and then watching it later to steal the signs.
the league put out a memo in 2006 telling everyone to stop,some did and some didnt.the patriots didnt.they ignored the rule change and were later caught.

super bowl winning coachs from the dallas cowboys[jimmy johnson] and pittsburg steelers[bill cowher]have both stated publicly they did the same thing and have confirmed this is what happened.it came out the patriots never taped the other teams practice and have no other violations-so no we're not taking their super bowls away.

to this day teams try to steal signals.instead of filming[as was the case in "spygate"] they simply watch and write down what they see and also use lip readers to decipher what the opposing coachs are saying.[notice during the game they cover their mouths while talking]

my team, the san francisco 49rs have won the super bowl more times than new england and seattle combined so i dont care either way but at least have the facts straight.

the truth is the patriots are one hell of a team. i'm going with the hawks with my money but no matter what we're gonna see some serious head bangin.

Well the Broncos were fined for similar violations as late as 2010. I get the feeling the practice of finding out as much as you can about the opposing team, legal or not, is widespread and sneaky beyond imagination. The bottom line is that wherever big $ is involved, corruption seems to follow. peace

Date: January 30, 2015 02:01

Patriots are a good team. They win a lot. Jealousy comes in many disguises. If the deflated balls in the first half were to be of an advantage it didn't work. Brady had a crap game. Everyone has said it wouldn't've mattered if they'd used a brick or a beachball - the Patriots kicked ass.

And still, from what I have read, there's no proof that 'they' deflated the balls.

Patriots should win Super Bowl ex el eye whatever it's called.

Date: January 30, 2015 11:21

Marshawn Lynch actually speaking to the media yesterday was awesome. I think he is being vilified by the NFL because corporate USA doesn't really care for free spirits. I fight that daily where I work. They want robots. I think the Beast is going to have a big day on Sunday. If that happens, the Hawks win. NE stops him, they win. Think it all boils down to that. I want to see him win MVP of the game just to spite the media & their masters. GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!hot smiley

Date: January 30, 2015 14:41

Bold prediction: Richard Sherman lines up at wide receiver ala JJ Watt @ tight end for at least one play. There have been hints of this all season. Think they have been saving it for the big game. Not a bad concept, as Richard was initially a wide receivder at Stanford. GO HAWKS!>grinning smiley<

Date: January 30, 2015 16:49

is everybody ready?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 27 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home