Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 26 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 20, 2015 21:58

So will Seattle be asking for a chance to feel New England's balls before the game?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 20, 2015 22:58

mighty stork
crholmstrom
mighty stork
I don't know who to cheer for in two weeks.

C'mon over! We will make you honorary 12th Man. You have been worthy adversary.smileys with beer

Hmmmmm I might take you up on that since I have family in Seattle and nobody around here wants to watch it. I'll bring the cheese.

We definitely got the wine covered. & Fireball. &...you get the picture. Welcome!smileys with beer

Date: January 20, 2015 23:00

mighty stork
So will Seattle be asking for a chance to feel New England's balls before the game?

Deflated balls....sounds painful! The evil one, coach B, is capable of anything. Let's hope he hasn't been down the crossroads lately!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 13:34 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 20, 2015 23:38

last one...

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 20, 2015 23:52

New England cheats, AGAIN.

Date: January 21, 2015 13:36

Things are getting interesting on Ballgate. One player on Indy said that maybe he should chill on the strawberry margaritas just in case! Haha. Don't think the NFL will go that far but clearly some sort of punitive action is warranted.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2015 22:37

Aaron Rodgers likes the balls over-inflated.

YAWN.

Well there is this:

[espn.go.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 22:39 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: January 21, 2015 23:00

Belichick is easily the best coach in football, but he will always be tainted by the cheating scandals. I would not be surprised if he is suspended for part of next season. Of course, he'll probably cheat his way out of that, too.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 22, 2015 00:19

For a little NFL side note: The last time the Super Bowl was played here in Phoenix, former Phoenix Suns player Charles Barkley was arrested on indecency/sex charges, getting caught in Scottsdale (part of the greater Phoenix area) having oral sex in a car. Barkley's defense was that the young woman in the car with him wanted to have oral sex with him and he just couldn't say no. Mrs. Barkley, who was in town with her husband for the game, was decidedly not amused. One can only wonder what wonderful human interest stories will show up in the local news this time around.

Re the Super Bowl itself, I have no dog in this hunt, so all the bs happening over the next 10 days in The Valley - what the greater Phoenix area is called - leading up to the game is something I will endeavor to avoid, along with the game itself. I would watch the game, though, if Katy Perry could assure us that, during the halftime show, she could be counted on to have a "wardrobe malfunction".

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 22, 2015 02:07

Both teams used the deflated balls, so who cares?

Date: January 22, 2015 12:47

Koen
Both teams used the deflated balls, so who cares?

I don't think that's the case. I could be wrong but I think that each team controls 12 balls for use on the offense.

Date: January 22, 2015 17:45

Yes, each team provides their "own" balls...

I find it hilarious that some of the sports talking heads kept saying 'Seattle is going back to Arizona' when... they could only go back to New Jersey. They've never played in Arizona for a Super Bowl that they've won...

Date: January 22, 2015 18:24

BYOB >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 22, 2015 18:34

Katy Perry ordered to deflate boobs for halftime show.

Date: January 22, 2015 22:05

MKjan

I heard Lenny Kravitz was to join her onstage and if so expect them to do American Woman (maybe with a malfunction).

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 22, 2015 23:01

mighty stork
MKjan

I heard Lenny Kravitz was to join her onstage and if so expect them to do American Woman (maybe with a malfunction).

It wouldn't seem right without a half time malfunction. smiling smiley

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 23, 2015 01:49

Ballgate is ridiculous. I am so tired of it. There are many levels of cheating we could get into the whole PED thing that several Seahawk players have been suspended for etc. I want to get back to focusing on the Super Bowl. Seattle is similar to NE in that they will find a way on the field to win. New England has three of the top ten players in the league in Brady, Gronk and Revis and all we can talk about is footballs. That had no bearing on that game at all Indy was outplayed in every facet of the game. Looking forward to the game.

Date: January 23, 2015 11:06

GasLightStreet
Yes, each team provides their "own" balls...

I find it hilarious that some of the sports talking heads kept saying 'Seattle is going back to Arizona' when... they could only go back to New Jersey. They've never played in Arizona for a Super Bowl that they've won...

The Hawks do play in that stadium once a year. Perhaps that's what they meant.

Date: January 23, 2015 17:50

They said it meaning the Super Bowl. They're such sticklers for history yet get the simplest fact wrong.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 24, 2015 07:18

It is sad that there is so much attention on the idea that a great team with a brilliant head coach and a legendary quarterback, let alone other excellent players, would ever feel the need to take such a great risk as having nearly all their footballs deflated. It is my guess that after 40+ interviews, there will be no evidence of intentional tampering with the balls and no punishment delivered. There are two superb teams going to the Super Bowl and I hope it is a great ball game. Enough negativity and blame. On with the festivities.

Date: January 24, 2015 07:22

Obviously with a week of playoff football where there were no controversial calls or picked up flags the media had to find something to talk about.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 24, 2015 07:36

Tate
It is sad that there is so much attention on the idea that a great team with a brilliant head coach and a legendary quarterback, let alone other excellent players, would ever feel the need to take such a great risk as having nearly all their footballs deflated. It is my guess that after 40+ interviews, there will be no evidence of intentional tampering with the balls and no punishment delivered. There are two superb teams going to the Super Bowl and I hope it is a great ball game. Enough negativity and blame. On with the festivities.
Uh..

"Super Bowl QB Admits to Paying for Balls to be Scuffed

Super Bowl XXXVII Champion quarterback Brad Johnson admitted to paying
$7,500 to have the footballs used in the game scuffed beforehand."

Of COURSE they cheated and gained an advantage from it. To hear this "legendary qb and "brilliant" head coach tell it in their pressers, they were barely aware if the ball was full of air or stuffed. Football??.. What Football???cool smiley

Guilty as charged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-24 07:37 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 24, 2015 11:02

The scandal has gotten ridiculous. All 3 major networks (& I'm not counting @#$% Fox) led with "Deflategate" on their nightly news. Is too bad because it is diverting attention from what could be an all time great Super Bowl. Not to mention possibly the greatest 6 minutes of NFC Championship ever. The Beast is getting riled up. Think he is going to have a great game just to show people what he's about!smoking smiley

Date: January 26, 2015 13:52

Here we go, Super Bowl week. Let the hype begin!>grinning smiley<

Date: January 26, 2015 14:13

Good heavens, it's a whole week now?

Date: January 26, 2015 14:22

Koen
Good heavens, it's a whole week now?

Is one of the high holy weeks, especially if your team is in it.smoking smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 26, 2015 23:48

let's go Hawks... what?

Date: January 27, 2015 12:00

Natlanta
let's go Hawks... what?

Looks like your Falcons are going to get Seattle's defensive coordinator for coach. Think Atlanta is making some good moves on the coaching front. Maybe we will play you in the postseason next year.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-27 12:19 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 27, 2015 14:44

crholmstrom
The scandal has gotten ridiculous. All 3 major networks (& I'm not counting @#$% Fox) led with "Deflategate" on their nightly news. Is too bad because it is diverting attention from what could be an all time great Super Bowl. Not to mention possibly the greatest 6 minutes of NFC Championship ever. The Beast is getting riled up. Think he is going to have a great game just to show people what he's about!smoking smiley

What 6 minutes??? Oh yeah I had put that out of my head as it was more like the worst 6 minutes. I do have to say Marshawn was looking strong again and will be a force in the Superbowl. All this talk about quarterbacks and the footballs has left out the running backs who do a ball check of their own:

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2015 18:52

RE-PETE!!!

Predictions start now.
Mine:

Seahawks- 38
Patriots- 12

GO HAWKS!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-27 18:53 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 26 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home