Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 3, 2014 03:10

LOL - I'm not sure where the pesky Rams stand; KC Chiefs are a legimitate SB contender.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-03 03:24 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 3, 2014 06:12

crholmstrom
SF had a Colin-ostomy!hot smiley

i have no room to talk because the jets have been terrible but seattle is lucky the didn't drop the last 3 games. they played really bad the last 2 weeks and barely beat below average teams

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 3, 2014 08:40

crholmstrom
MKjan
The Oakland Raiders continue their reverse undefeated season mission.

& I sincerely hope that it continues as is this week!>grinning smiley<

Oakland forging ahead in their quest for perfection.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 3, 2014 11:50

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

i have no room to talk because the jets have been terrible but seattle is lucky the didn't drop the last 3 games. they played really bad the last 2 weeks and barely beat below average teams

I totally agree. The Hawks played really well in the first half & were a totally different team in the 2nd half. We have 1 more game to get our stuff together (New York Giants @ home). After that, things start getting uglier. 1 thing, a big chunk of the O line was out yesterday. 3rd string center, 2nd string left tackle. If we had been playing a good team we would've lost. All told, 6 starters out. Supposedly, some of those guys will start playing again next week.

Date: November 3, 2014 12:16

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

I totally agree. The Hawks played really well in the first half & were a totally different team in the 2nd half. We have 1 more game to get our stuff together (New York Giants @ home). After that, things start getting uglier. 1 thing, a big chunk of the O line was out yesterday. 3rd string center, 2nd string left tackle. If we had been playing a good team we would've lost. All told, 6 starters out. Supposedly, some of those guys will start playing again next week.

i didn't know that. a lot on injuries explains a bit of the issues

Date: November 3, 2014 13:49

I'm not in Florida - at the moment but this was the Sports Headlines of the Sun-Sentinel, which is a Ft. Lauderdale online newspaper. Again people need to understand that NFL= Not For Long.

20 things we learned: Miami Dolphins 37, San Diego Chargers 0

The surging Miami Dolphins take the San Diego Chargers to the woodshed in one of the franchise's most complete performances since the departure of Don Shula.

Date: November 3, 2014 13:54

Chris Fountain
I'm not in Florida - at the moment but this was the Sports Headlines of the Sun-Sentinel, which is a Ft. Lauderdale online newspaper. Again people need to understand that NFL= Not For Long.

The surging Miami Dolphins take the San Diego Chargers to the woodshed in one of the franchise's most complete performances since the departure of Don Shula.

You are up early if you are still in Cali! I work early, trouble sleeping. Today is a virtual day, start in half hour. Is nice to be finished at 1:30.

Date: November 3, 2014 14:22

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

You are up early if you are still in Cali! I work early, trouble sleeping. Today is a virtual day, start in half hour. Is nice to be finished at 1:30.

Yep- Still in California. No problem with client. It's the project team members that are making things difficult.

Date: November 3, 2014 14:24

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Yep- Still in California. No problem with client. It's the project team members that are making things difficult.

welcome to my world, haha!smileys with beer

Date: November 3, 2014 15:33

MKjan
crholmstrom
MKjan

Why can't the Raiders hold a Seance and have Al Davis lead them in the right direction?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 3, 2014 17:44

Chris Fountain
MKjan
crholmstrom
MKjan

Why can't the Raiders hold a Seance and have Al Davis lead them in the right direction?

It can't hurt...and there is no shortage of facilitators for a seance in neighboring Berkeleysmoking smiley

Date: November 4, 2014 12:38

Andrew Luck may be from another planet....

Date: November 4, 2014 15:18

I wouldn't read too much in that game as the Giants have been trending downward. However, it was impressive. Colts, Chiefs, Saints, and especially the Steelers are not to be taken lightly. I think the Ravens are overrated and too busy thinking how great they are.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:32

Being from the 'NY area' I'm profoundly disappointed in both the Giants and Jets this year. The last games tell me at least that both teams need to clean house.

Idzik, Ryan, Reese, Coughlin all must go. Giants have a few players (beyond E. Manning) to keep, but they need to add a lot. Jets need to start from scratch, end of story.

What an embarrassment for Giants and Jets fans.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 4, 2014 17:26

What do you guys think of the Bills vs Chiefs game this Sunday. Bills are coming off the bye but their two top running backs are hurt. KC seams to be clicking.

Date: November 4, 2014 22:36

More Hot Rocks
What do you guys think of the Bills vs Chiefs game this Sunday. Bills are coming off the bye but their two top running backs are hurt. KC seams to be clicking.

That's in Buffalo, right? I think it is a pretty good matchup. I would give advantage to the home team even with the RB situation. + KC has been a little schizo this year. I really like Jamaal Charles though. He brings it!

Date: November 6, 2014 19:55

The battle for Ohio tonight. Could be interesting.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 6, 2014 21:26

crholmstrom
The battle for Ohio tonight. Could be interesting.

Although it has nothing to do with the game, I'm hoping that the one Cincinnati players' daughter who has cancer gets on national tv tonight. I had heard the story previously but an update on my local radio this morning said that apparently she's well enough that she's going to be at the game tonight.

If some of you haven't heard, the Bengals kept a player (defensive lineman I think) on their roster who they would have otherwise cut simply so he (and she) would have access to the NFL's health insurance for her cancer treatments. In addition, the NFL/Bengals designated profits from sales of his jersey would go to a special fund to help with the costs of treatment. When the Bengals played the Patriots, all of the Pats cheerleaders wore his jersey as a show of support. According to the report I heard this morning, the New Orleans Saints coach bought $10,000 worth of jerseys as his way of making a donation. For all of the bad stories this year, it's been nice to hear a good story for a change.

For those who are interested in reading more about this:
Link to Google News Search Results about story

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-06 21:39 by mr_dja.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:00

As a Steelers fan, I'm not sure who to root for. Maybe a tie?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:46

gimmelittledrink
As a Steelers fan, I'm not sure who to root for. Maybe a tie?

I'm in the same predicament. A 0-0 tie helps the Steelers the most. Because of the story I mentioned in my post above, I'm hoping that I can safely root for "Leah Still to have one of her best days ever" and not have my Terrible Towel repossessed. Maybe I can root for the Bengals defense and against their offense? That's painful to even type.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 6, 2014 22:49

crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks

That's in Buffalo, right? I think it is a pretty good matchup. I would give advantage to the home team even with the RB situation. + KC has been a little schizo this year. I really like Jamaal Charles though. He brings it!

I don't trust Kansas City. Something tells me it will be Buffalo somehow winning.

Date: November 7, 2014 16:22

Well, it looks like the Bengals are bungling and the Steelers are tied with the Browns. The little girl was amazing last night.

Date: November 7, 2014 16:41

gimmelittledrink
Well, it looks like the Bengals are bungling and the Steelers are tied with the Browns. The little girl was amazing last night.

She is an amazing kid. That's one of those stories that breaks your heart & lifts you up at the same time. All the best to her! Really think the Bengals deserve credit for how they have handled the whole situation with her dad. Some heart in a big business entity for a change. We need more of that in the world for sure!smiling smiley

Date: November 7, 2014 17:31

I agree. I think the organization has eaten the cost of all those jerseys to increase the amount of money raised. Total class.

Date: November 9, 2014 14:39

Here we go, 2nd half of the season. Time to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Even though its been a rugged first half of the season for my Hawks, I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of the year. We control our own fate. If they take care of business, they will be back in the playoffs. First victim NJ Giants. Hawks 30 Lesser Manning 10. GO HAWKS!hot smiley

Date: November 9, 2014 23:27

JETS pull the stunner

Date: November 9, 2014 23:29

keefriffhard4life
JETS pull the stunner

Awesome! Hate the Steelers!smileys with beer

Date: November 9, 2014 23:46

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
JETS pull the stunner

of course at the end the steelers had their usual dirty plays to try and hurt people

Date: November 9, 2014 23:50

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
JETS pull the stunner

of course at the end the steelers had their usual dirty plays to try and hurt people

I can't stand anything about that team. @ least Ben R came back down to earth.

Date: November 10, 2014 16:21

Chris Fountain
LOL - I'm not sure where the pesky Rams stand; KC Chiefs are a legimitate SB contender.

I still don't trust the Chiefs to go beyond a wild card game. Today's NFL is wacky...The Steelers should've beaten the Jets, end of story, but they lost!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home