Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 30, 2015 17:07

Natlanta

is everybody ready?

Getting there! Have Saturday work rotation & then off to get party supplies tomorrow. The good part is I get a flex day on Monday. I luv it when a plan comes together! smoking smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 30, 2015 17:43

crholmstrom
Marshawn Lynch actually speaking to the media yesterday was awesome. I think he is being vilified by the NFL because corporate USA doesn't really care for free spirits. I fight that daily where I work. They want robots. I think the Beast is going to have a big day on Sunday. If that happens, the Hawks win. NE stops him, they win. Think it all boils down to that. I want to see him win MVP of the game just to spite the media & their masters. GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!hot smiley

I liked when he said nothing much more than what he was spouting yesterday. He came across as a thug punk kid to me not as an intelligent man. The worst part was that the media played it like it was on an endless loop Boooo to both of them.

Date: January 30, 2015 19:08

mighty stork
crholmstrom
Marshawn Lynch actually speaking to the media yesterday was awesome. I think he is being vilified by the NFL because corporate USA doesn't really care for free spirits. I fight that daily where I work. They want robots. I think the Beast is going to have a big day on Sunday. If that happens, the Hawks win. NE stops him, they win. Think it all boils down to that. I want to see him win MVP of the game just to spite the media & their masters. GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!hot smiley

I liked when he said nothing much more than what he was spouting yesterday. He came across as a thug punk kid to me not as an intelligent man. The worst part was that the media played it like it was on an endless loop Boooo to both of them.

this is awesome!:

[teamcoco.com]

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: January 30, 2015 19:15

mighty stork
crholmstrom

I don't think he probably is all that intelligent. There's been lots of characters in the game who would have made something interesting out of having to do those media appearances, Lynch basically acts like a lobotomized mental patient.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 30, 2015 19:45

The Oakland Raiders are on standby to replace the Patriots this Sunday.

Date: January 30, 2015 21:58

MKjan

All is not hopeless in Oaktown. I think they made a solid coaching hire & there are some good young players. Hang in there!

Date: January 30, 2015 23:08

crholmstrom
MKjan

All is not hopeless in Oaktown. I think they made a solid coaching hire & there are some good young players. Hang in there!

You have more faith than I regarding Oakland's prospects.
With them, I can only hope for bad and prepare for worse.

Date: January 31, 2015 12:57

Interesting comparison between Goodell's press conference & Marshawn Lynch's. Goodell managed to say less than Marshawn whilst using about 100 times as many words. I guess it ok as long as you have a lot of pics of smiling faces...smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2015 16:40

crholmstrom
Interesting comparison between Goodell's press conference & Marshawn Lynch's. Goodell managed to say less than Marshawn whilst using about 100 times as many words. I guess it ok as long as you have a lot of pics of smiling faces...smoking smiley

Roger Goodell is like Bobby Jindal - 100% of what comes out of their mouths is too much and it's complete garbage.

Date: January 31, 2015 18:26

I guess I should weigh in with my prediction. I stated a couple weeks ago that whoever won the Seattle/Green Bay game would win the Superbowl. If the Seahawks play as bad as they did for most of that game they have no chance as New England will not go for field goals near the end zone. A couple injuries on Seattle's side also has me concerned so I'm flopping my early prediction:

New England : 24

Seattle : 21

Posted by: leftybill ()
Date: January 31, 2015 23:52

"Winning Ugly" is fine with me. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

Date: February 1, 2015 00:16

I'm just trying to get into some bar pools.

Date: February 1, 2015 01:02

BEAST ME!hot smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2015 01:03

Seahacks will go Back To Zero...

Date: February 1, 2015 03:50

GasLightStreet
Seahacks will go Back To Zero...

You mean like the <S>aints?winking smiley

"Who dat, who dat, who dat team gonna beat the Aints?" - apparently everyone! Just teasing. Enjoy the game even with your predilections. Think regardless of how it turns out it will be a good one. Worse comes to worse, we can always hope for a Katy Perry wardrobe malfunction. To paraphrase M Python & the Holy Grail, there are some huge tracts of land involved.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-01 16:14 by crholmstrom.

Date: February 1, 2015 15:22

Breaking news: Hawks have offered the Beast a huge contract extension. Woo hoo! Could be an omen for a huge day today. GO HAWKS! >grinning smiley<

outtakes from Conan. very funny!

[teamcoco.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-01 16:16 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 1, 2015 17:50

Go Haqks!!!!

Ball Control hot smiley is the key to this game. I think Seattle should just turn this event into a blood bath and run it down their dispicable vulgar throats.

20-10 suits me well!

Go Hawks!!!

Sons of Seattle!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 2, 2015 01:18

Based on the songs playing while the teams took the field I'd go for the Patriots and Ozzy! But I'm going to predict The Hawks 24-14.

peace

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 2, 2015 01:18

Enough with the flag waving, let's play some ball!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: February 2, 2015 03:07

A good first half...not classic, but at least a guarantee of exciting football the second half.

Date: February 2, 2015 03:35

Love to see the Patriots dominate the 2nd half but I suspect Seattle will find a Defense for those quick under the zone passes and exploit their Big running backs and big Matthews to New England's demise....

Whoo Hoo, Nice to see my buddy Kelly Slater surfing a tube on the NFL commercial!

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-02 04:15 by Naturalust.

Date: February 2, 2015 05:15

uh-oh

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: February 2, 2015 05:15

Well,that was a wild ending.

Date: February 2, 2015 05:18

Whew! Gotta love that one. The underdog comes through in the last minute of play. I know Brady will probably get MVP but I'd sure like to see Edelman get it.

Looked like a friggin' hockey brawl there at the end! peace

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 2, 2015 05:30

That was a very disappointing ending. not even a fan of either team. Seattle threw it away.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 2, 2015 05:31

Love it that the Seahawks lost. Not that I like The Patriots but Lynch is a crackpot. great running back but the maturity of a 4 year old.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: February 2, 2015 05:35

Well the 12th man got it jammed right back down their throats. I hear Lynch in already back in his playpen. Small minded immature thug.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 2, 2015 05:36

Unbelievable ending indeed, glad the Pats won.

I can't stand that Pete Carroll or that Richard Sherman guy either, they make it easy to root for New England or ANY team they play... and to throw that ball with the "Beast" in the backfield was the dumbest play call I've ever seen, HA!!!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 2, 2015 05:44

great football game... gotta hand it to TB - throws the 2 picks and then leads the big comeback against the best defense in football.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 2, 2015 06:49

Great comeback even though its inexcusable how the Seahawks lost there. I have nothing against the Patriots, but 2nd down, 1 yard away, with whether you like him or not Beast Mode Lynch on the field to run it in. Its truly unfathomable. They had 2 chances, even 3 if you count 4th down, to get that ball one yard, and to throw is just insane. In any other circumstance, it wouldn't be as terrible, but here, the victory was literally sealed. As someone that was rooting for the Seahawks, unfortunately after a call like that they deserved to lose.

Made for an incredible football game though. I'm sad to see anyone lose, and the problem with it being to the Patriots is that they are the Yankees of football. If they lose, EVERYONE shits on them, which isn't necessarily fair to them. I can understand feeling terrible when most want you to lose. And then when they win, everyone's like "well, they cheat" and there's all this begrudging acceptance and angriness. Sad to see, but someone had to win, and after a call like that the Patriots nailed it with the interception.

The more time that goes by, the more it sinks in how insane that play was. The only reason I don't feel worse is because they won it last year.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home