Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 30
OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 25, 2014 12:55

With training camps starting this week, I figured this was as good a time as any to get a a thread started for the season. I had a lot of fun with all of my friends on this site last year for the whole season. I even include the 49er fans in that group, haha! It's all in good fun. That being said, this year should be glorious with my beloved Seahawks attempting to repeat as champions. It will be a long, tough road. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it. Everyone can be at this point. Monday, the Seahawks put the single game tickets on sale. Ticketmaster crashed immediately. I kept at it & over the course of a few days scored really good ADA (American Disabilities Act) tickets for the Denver & Arizona games at face value. As to be expected, there was a significant price hike this year. It's a good thing the Stones aren't playing the USA in the near future as I blew up the entertainment budget for awhile for a total of 4 tickets. My lady friend is very happy though, so its all good. I'm shocked that I was able to get the Denver game. I really tried to get tix for the 49er game but it was not to be. I got Arizona tickets as a pretty darned good consolation. The 49ers play here late in the season, so it could still happen. On a humorous note, the Seattle sports talk stations are referring to the 49ers as the Santa Clara 49ers from now on. I will admit the new 49er stadium looks pretty nice. Hope all of you 49er faithful enjoy it. They used the same architects as the Seahawks, so I would advise ear protection when going to games. The home Seahawk games are louder than a Metallica concert! We'll be visiting you Thanksgiving night. It should be epic. Let the games begin....smileys with beer

Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 25, 2014 17:25

I'd love to see a Seahawks - Patriots Super Bowl, to see if can up end the Pats in same way they did the Peyton Broncos.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 25, 2014 19:51

Go Chargers!!!!!

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: July 25, 2014 20:27

will be rooting for Manning and the Broncos again....nightmare finish to an amazing season

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 25, 2014 22:21

Read online that Marshawn Lynch is planning to hold out and not show up for training camp? Buddy in my office with season tickets is looking forward to the new season, driving down from BC for the games. Several Seahawks were in Vancouver recently doing some promotional appearances.
I'm ever optimistic my Bears will do something this year. Still have faith in coach Trestman, who coached for Montreal up here in the CFL for several years.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 26, 2014 00:52

GO REDSKINS!!!

Date: July 26, 2014 05:53

DGA35
Read online that Marshawn Lynch is planning to hold out and not show up for training camp? Buddy in my office with season tickets is looking forward to the new season, driving down from BC for the games. Several Seahawks were in Vancouver recently doing some promotional appearances.
I'm ever optimistic my Bears will do something this year. Still have faith in coach Trestman, who coached for Montreal up here in the CFL for several years.

John Clayton (The Professor) of ESPN predicts that the Lynch holdout will last about 6 days. After that, it starts costing Marshawn serious money. You never know with the Beast though. We'll hope for the best. Go Hawks!smoking smiley
PS: Your Bears are playing a preseason game here. I'd go if they didn't charge full price for meaningless exhibition games. Maybe you can talk your buddy into taking you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-26 06:43 by crholmstrom.

Date: July 26, 2014 09:07

can't wait to see if this ne revamped jets team has anything to offer

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 26, 2014 09:25

If/when the Bills get sold, I hope they stay in Buffalo. Bon Jovi has joined a group from Toronto looking to purchase with the eventual intent to move them to Toronto. Rogers Centre (Skydome) isn't large enough so a new stadium would have to be built. An NFL team in Toronto would most likely be the end of the CFL.
If they do move, I'm sure the NFL would like to see them in LA. They could play out of the Coliseum or Rose Bowl until a new stadium is built.

Date: July 26, 2014 12:18

DGA35
If/when the Bills get sold, I hope they stay in Buffalo. Bon Jovi has joined a group from Toronto looking to purchase with the eventual intent to move them to Toronto. Rogers Centre (Skydome) isn't large enough so a new stadium would have to be built. An NFL team in Toronto would most likely be the end of the CFL.
If they do move, I'm sure the NFL would like to see them in LA. They could play out of the Coliseum or Rose Bowl until a new stadium is built.

Bon Jovi has way too much money! I've been watching a little CFL on ESPN. It's different but still fun. Those folks in places like Winnipeg sure seem to enjoy it. Good on them. Sure is starting to sound like the Raiders are going to be back in LA in the not too distant future. Don't think they want to be in Santa Clara subservient to the other Bay Area team who shall not be named. Haha. Kidding before I start getting the hate posts!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 26, 2014 15:50

DGA35

It will never happen. The State, county and Terry Pegula which I predict will be the new owner will see to that.

The is a lot of pressure on Buffalo to make the playoffs this year. Looks like they might do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-26 15:54 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: July 26, 2014 21:16

More Hot Rocks
DGA35

It will never happen. The State, county and Terry Pegula which I predict will be the new owner will see to that.

The is a lot of pressure on Buffalo to make the playoffs this year. Looks like they might do it.
buffalo will not finish ahead of the patriots in that division and more than likely not finish ahead of the jets either

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 27, 2014 09:01

crholmstrom- Good to see you are back my fellow Seattleite.

Hope you are felling better !

The Super Bowl victory was awesome.

Our beloved Hawks are young and confident and face a huge
challenge this year.

We shall root for them with great vigor once again my fellow 12th Man.

Go SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!

Date: July 27, 2014 10:08

Midnight Toker
crholmstrom- Good to see you are back my fellow Seattleite.

Hope you are felling better !

The Super Bowl victory was awesome.

Our beloved Hawks are young and confident and face a huge
challenge this year.

We shall root for them with great vigor once again my fellow 12th Man.

Go SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!

It was glorious & on many levels one of the best days of my life. GO HAWKS!!!!smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-27 10:10 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: July 28, 2014 07:53

This better not be true...
Marshawn Lynch Retires At 28
[dailyleak.org]

Date: July 28, 2014 11:29

I'm gonna wait until it comes from a better source before I jump off any bridges...
Seriously though, think its a negotiating ploy. Even if it does happen, I think the Seahawks will be ok. The defense is the key to the whole thing. We shall see soon enough. 5 weeks from Thursday, the countdown is on!grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-28 14:10 by crholmstrom.

Date: July 28, 2014 16:41

I would throw a couple more million at him for a one year run! Then take his salary from this year and give it to Russell Wilson next season and go with Christine Michaels.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 28, 2014 17:51

RAIDERS

Date: July 29, 2014 11:10

potus43
RAIDERS

I used to love the Raiders when I was a kid, before the Seahawks came into being. Tough road this year playing NFC West & their own division is getting better too. I was originally trying to get tix for the Raider game here but the Denver game popped up. Budgetary considerations...smoking smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 29, 2014 17:10

crholmstrom
potus43
RAIDERS

I used to love the Raiders when I was a kid, before the Seahawks came into being. Tough road this year playing NFC West & their own division is getting better too. I was originally trying to get tix for the Raider game here but the Denver game popped up. Budgetary considerations...smoking smiley

Gotta stick with your team thru thick and thin

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 29, 2014 17:43

This thread is at least half as amusing without all the SCREAMING from Max . smoking smiley

Date: July 30, 2014 10:38

Koen
This thread is at least half as amusing without all the SCREAMING from Max . smoking smiley

Ya, I miss Max's. I was waiting for him to start this thread when I noticed he hadn't been posting lately, so I got it rolling. Promise it will get better when the season gets started! We're just getting warmed up now. I haven't seen anything out of the 49er guys yet.grinning smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 30, 2014 17:23

I'll be rooting (ineffectively) for my Steelers again with plans on jumping on the Patriots and Broncos bandwagons after the others eliminations.

USA Today Is Predicting the Seahawks to repeat as champions.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 31, 2014 00:11

Terry Pegula is highest bidder on The Bills at 1.3 billion.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: July 31, 2014 01:49

I have never looked at this post but now I have. I am a Buffalo Bills Fan, through and though, that should count for something at the Pearly Gates.
This year - playoffs. (Note - statement made every August since forever) - always disappoints.

this year is it!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 31, 2014 03:03

Yes look for Buffalo to get in. I'd put money on it.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:15

Looks like USA Today has a spelling problem. They spelled the superbowl winner s-e-a-h-a-w-k-s instead of the correct spelling : P-A-C-K-E-R-S

Date: July 31, 2014 03:46

roryg
Looks like USA Today has a spelling problem. They spelled the superbowl winner s-e-a-h-a-w-k-s instead of the correct spelling : P-A-C-K-E-R-S

5 weeks from tomorrow my friend. Century Link full of rabid 12th men & women. Hoisting the NFL CHAMPION banner. Don't think we're going to need any questionable officiating this time. Packer fondue may be on the menu for a post game snack.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-31 03:50 by crholmstrom.

Date: July 31, 2014 03:56

More Hot Rocks
Yes look for Buffalo to get in. I'd put money on it.

In the CFL playoffs, eh? Seriously, you Buffalo fans are long overdue for a little postseason happiness.

Date: July 31, 2014 05:43

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home