Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Daily Express article 5 June 1986
Date: July 29, 2014 14:50

I didn't know there were doubts of any of those three points?

Please enlighten me about those, and don't hesitate providing info about Keith dumping Anita quickly after he got off smack while you're at it smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 29, 2014 16:45

Interesting read that article, as well as the NME one that I'd bought back in the day, except it came out a few months before when Keith was still hoping they would tour.

Feels like a lifetime ago now...but WWIII probably established a pattern where it seems tat they work and go on the road when Mick feels like it, like McCartney does with his backing musicians really.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 29, 2014 19:37

IT IS FUNNY TO ME THAT MANY FANS THINK MICK & KEITH ARE STILL "FRIENDS".

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 29, 2014 20:31

BILLPERKS
IT IS FUNNY TO ME THAT MANY FANS THINK MICK & KEITH ARE STILL "FRIENDS".

Well in a way they still are because they have this one big friend that binds them: money.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 29, 2014 21:11

Mr Perks is right. Ever since "World War III" the band has been a dysfunctional unity. And it was Jagger who split up the band in the mid-eighties. Keith has many faults but he can't be blamed for this one.
Mick wanted to, somewhat, keep the band and still be a star of his own. An impossible equation.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: July 29, 2014 21:56

Revisiting what could have been in the 1980's is really just crying over spilled milk at this point.

One nice outcome from the prolonged break in the 1980's and specifically not touring in 1986 was Keith's involvement in Chuck Berry's Hail, Hail! Rock n' Roll. He did a wonderful job as the band director and did allow Chuck to finally deliver one great concert. No small feat. And I specifically remember Keith commenting in the film that if he could work with Chuck, he could work with anyone. We all know who he was talking about there. This experience along with Jagger's lackluster solo career allowed the Stones to come back together in 1989.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 30, 2014 00:17

Redhotcarpet
with sssoul
lem motlow
mick never had a drug problem-thats total bullshit.its never been said by him,anyone in the band or anyone who meant anything.

I remember an interview from the '90s when Mick himself said it took him a long time to get clean.

And he did OD on something in 1976. Jerry claims he smoked heroin and he sure looked like he did in the 70s. To snort smack isnt and wasnt a big deal for the A-list as along as you have your vitamin drinks and daily workouts.
One thing is for certain: the huge effort to change their image and never ever get busted again also meant they could never ever allow footage like CS blues or any other dirty backstage stuff 1981 onwards.

mick od'd on something in 1976? i've never heard that before,could you give me your source for that one?

did jerry say in her book he smoked heroin? that's sort of strange for a guy who quit smoking cigarettes to save his voice but she did live with him a long time .

Date: July 30, 2014 08:44

She said that in her bio. He quit smoking way, way later.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 30, 2014 09:40

lem motlow
Redhotcarpet
with sssoul
lem motlow
mick never had a drug problem-thats total bullshit.its never been said by him,anyone in the band or anyone who meant anything.

I remember an interview from the '90s when Mick himself said it took him a long time to get clean.

And he did OD on something in 1976. Jerry claims he smoked heroin and he sure looked like he did in the 70s. To snort smack isnt and wasnt a big deal for the A-list as along as you have your vitamin drinks and daily workouts.
One thing is for certain: the huge effort to change their image and never ever get busted again also meant they could never ever allow footage like CS blues or any other dirty backstage stuff 1981 onwards.

mick od'd on something in 1976? i've never heard that before,could you give me your source for that one?

did jerry say in her book he smoked heroin? that's sort of strange for a guy who quit smoking cigarettes to save his voice but she did live with him a long time .

It's in one bio, they even named the hospital and date. It's not that weird at all given the lifestyle of Jagger back in the day. He is so good at changing his image. I mean I look at Knebworth and I still feel and think Keith is the only one with a problem because his drug problems were part of his image. Later on his "recovery" or his rise to the real original Rolling Stone, back from the dead - image took over and thus it was impossible to picture him having any kind of problems with drugs.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 30, 2014 23:37

the o.d. thing sounds like bullshit. if mick jagger was put in the hospital for a drug overdose it would have been in every newspaper and t.v. newscast on the planet 5 minutes later.

anyway,as i said before, there is a big difference between someone who takes drugs and a person with a serious drug problem.i know that sounds strange in todays world where it has now turned into the 1950's again but its true.

jagger didnt have a drug problem, he had an ego problem-he thought he was gonna make it as a solo artist and be in the stones at the same time ala rod stewart with the faces.

even if jagger had been face down in the gutter it doesnt make keiths crying to the press everytime something bothered him any less cringeworthy.
what did he think was gonna happen? the writer was gonna call mick and tell him how to conduct his business and he was gonna say "oh, o.k thanks guys i'll get right on that"

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home