Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Billboard boxscore figures for Europe
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 16, 2014 22:54

Not sure how to link but if you google Billboard Boxscore, it shows all the European shows with attendance and gross dollars. Ironically, the top 2 gross figures for this current edition are from a person named Vasco Rossi, who did multiple stadium shows in Milan and Rome! I've never heard of him but he sure is huge in Italy!

Re: Billboard boxscore figures for Europe
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2014 23:23

STONES NUMBERS SUMMER 2014 SHOWS:

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-16 23:28 by bv.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 16, 2014 23:57

Vasco Rossi is The Rolling Stones of Italy...single-handed.....voglio una vita spericolata

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:02

As I see, Billboard Boxscore normaly reports numbers from Festivals, where various acts are coming in. For example, last week BB reported Coachella's numbers. But I don't see statistics from the Festivals, where "our boys" were "Head Liners". Any explanation?

(Not even from Hyde Park. Despite the fact that, if memory helps, 130,000 people bought ticket to see the Stones and only the Stones, as any other act's participation was unknown at that time).

Stones 2014 Boxscore
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:03

Pollstar posted their midyear Top 100 report last week. Stones haves grossed 115 million thus far.

Numbers are averaged, listing 16 shows in 14 cities - which presumably includes Asia and omits the festivals.

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:35

So, if I estimate correctly, the Rolling Stones World Tour 2012 -2015 has attendance 1,015,603, for the time being...

Let's analyze it...

2012 - 2013: 326,998 (Glastonbury and Hyde Park not included)

2014 - Asia 204,044

2014 - Europe 484,561 (Lisbon, Landgraaf and Werchter not included)

And still counting...

Re: Stones 2014 Boxscore
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:42

bye bye johnny
Pollstar posted their midyear Top 100 report last week. Stones haves grossed 115 million thus far.

Numbers are averaged, listing 16 shows in 14 cities - which presumably includes Asia and omits the festivals.

[www.pollstar.com]

So after australia RS will sure be the no 1 of this years grossing Tours >grinning smiley<

Re: Stones 2014 Boxscore
Date: July 17, 2014 00:59

Unlikely, as the current number one has a slew of US stadium dates in the next few months.

No matter, as the Stones numbers are (and will be) substantial.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:08

OK. The stones could easily top it but they don't have to prove again and again that they are the greatest and biggest rock and roll Band in the world. What only matters is their playing which is great nowadays.smiling smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:54

These are very good numbers, but we can never reclaim number 1 touring gross with so few dates. To allow garbage like U2 to defeat us is a travesty.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 17, 2014 03:36

I'm a bit surprised at how high some of these grosses are. Zurich is an 50,000 person stadium at over $220 per ticket. The two smaller shows are around $250 per ticket. That's very high.

Stade de France ticket prices are a bit more reasonable, but it's still amazing that they could sell out 76,000 seats in a day at a venue that was 1/3 empty seven years ago. Not sure if it's the promotion or the economy or what, but these are incredible numbers. No wonder they don't spend time recording new albums. It makes no economic sense.

One other thought. I noticed many more younger people at the shows I saw (Paris and Stockholm). Interestingly those two shows were more reasonably priced - perhaps there's a correlation there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 03:41 by drbryant.

Date: July 17, 2014 03:39

We? Us?

Suspect that the actual members of the band and it's organization aren't the least bit chagrined.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 17, 2014 06:40

who cares..

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 08:05

Are we in a race for highest gross? 14 on fire will never reach the stars when it comes to gross monetary values.
I am quite cool with it that I was at the lowest grossing gig; Waldbuehne.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 17, 2014 08:07

I would think these numbers would be of little interest to most fans. I find them interesting only because I have had a few concert tour deals in my career, working on stuff most would consider painfully boring (documents and legal). But it gives you an understanding of how deals are structured and how the business works, which is interesting to me. I agree that anyone who looks at these numbers for some kind of validation of the continued relevance or creative worth or worries about whether the Stones can outdraw One Direction, Beyoncé/Jay-Z and the like, are a bit silly. But, to the extent anyone cares, these are spectacular numbers.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 17, 2014 14:12

Pity that Lisbon was not included:

It was their largest show of their 2012-2014 Tour.

Nevertheless it was a festival, I can assure that, that day 90.000 were there to see them, and, many of them were there to see them for the first time (indeed, many many youngsters) so, the Legend will continue!

Regards!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 17, 2014 15:04

marquess
Pity that Lisbon was not included:

I noticed that the festivals where the Stones played this year (Lisbon, Werchter, Roskilde and Landgraaf) are not included, since there's only 10 out of 14 concerts on the Billboard list.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 17, 2014 15:12

I don´t care what they earn, I love the fact
that the tour was SOLD OUT.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 17, 2014 15:14

drbryant
Not sure if it's the promotion or the economy or what, but these are incredible numbers. No wonder they don't spend time recording new albums. It makes no economic sense.

But does it make artistic sense?

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: July 17, 2014 16:01

those numbers are the GROSS INCOME from ticket sales, and exclude the gross from merchandising.
pretty incredible.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 17:04

they are great numbers, but i am an old fashioned man. i still consider more important the number of tickets you sell .

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 17:22

andrea66
they are great numbers, but i am an old fashioned man. i still consider more important the number of tickets you sell .

782,000 tickets for 14 shows. This number is not bad even for an old fashioned man, isn't it?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 17, 2014 19:16

flacnvinyl
drbryant
Not sure if it's the promotion or the economy or what, but these are incredible numbers. No wonder they don't spend time recording new albums. It makes no economic sense.

But does it make artistic sense?

Sure it does... Spend a month or more locked in a studio to produce 10-14 songs which (relatively) few people will ever hear and many of your long-time fans will spend endless effort telling anyone who will listen how crappy the "fake" new stuff is compared to the "real" old stuff.

OR

Spend a month or more doing some traveling, playing some of the greatest rock & roll songs in history for 10's & 100's of thousands of people who consistently have a wonderful time listening to you do so.

While many here and world-wide may not currently be thrilled by the Rolling Stones as RECORDING artists, apparently there are still apparently many people world-wide who are still thrilled by the Rolling Stones as PERFORMING artists.

As a return on the investment of TIME alone, I'd say the Stones have realized that there is far more reward for their artistic excellence in performing than recording.

What's the old saying about letting your light shine as opposed to keeping it hidden? While they may no longer be the recording or performing artists they were in their early years, they are STILL one of the top performing artists willing to walk on stage. They may have lost the willingness to burn the midnight oil in the studio, but as long as they're willing to walk on stage and let their light shine there, why complain and try to stop them? I seem to also remember an old saying about the greatest good for the greatest number of people. I'd have to say that their current touring is bringing a greater good to more people than their current recording most likely ever will again.

I may be wrong.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 17, 2014 19:27

Great post.

Wrong? Not by a country nile.

Date: July 17, 2014 20:09

We still want to be the #1 gross and reclaim our title. We need this to validate everything we have done over the years.

Re: We, Us, Our
Date: July 17, 2014 20:28

What a load of rubbish.

When speaking of the Rolling Stones, those pronouns are exclusive to the Rolling Stones.

Date: July 17, 2014 20:40

We will have to agree to disagree. When we won the gross for ABB most fans were thrilled. Likewise, when Bono and U2 defeated us with the Claw(and mocked us) most fans were very upset. We believe that reclaiming the gross is very important to the band. If you recall an interview with Keith, he mentions how U2 may have grossed more, but the Stones may have netted more. It obviously did not sit well with him or Mick, who is very competitive.

Date: July 17, 2014 20:47

With respect, there's nothing to agree or disagree about.

Unless you are Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, Bill or MT, there's no place for "we", "our" or "us" in any discussion.

Grossing Competition
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 17, 2014 22:06

Ok, so let's say the Stones won the competion in grossing out the most fans with the highest ticket prices?
that's something too, innit? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 17, 2014 22:09

For my wallet I like see the LOWEST grossing tour..

That way I would save money. haha.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home