Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 12, 2014 13:27

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 12:09 by colonial.

Re: Like to see Mick Taylor out on the Catwalk and B-Stage
Date: July 12, 2014 13:29

He moved so much in London 2012 that I thought he would do the catwalk as well, but no... smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 12, 2014 15:28

colonial
As a Rolling Stone I don't think Mick Taylor has ever been on the Catwalk and B-Stage it would be so cool to see him out there yea... (just say'n yea) smoking smiley

Maybe next year, together with Bill he will Join the Band !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 12, 2014 17:40

corriecas
colonial
As a Rolling Stone I don't think Mick Taylor has ever been on the Catwalk and B-Stage it would be so cool to see him out there yea... (just say'n yea) smoking smiley

Maybe next year, together with Bill he will Join the Band !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

You've got more chance of hell freezing over twice than Bill joining them onstage again.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 12, 2014 18:35

Some people criticize him for it, but I think it was cooler when Taylor just stood there, concentrated and played. It was almost insolent, but it fit the image of the band.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 12, 2014 19:13

Hell, it would be cool to see MT out on stage anywhere, even behind the drums, if they'd give him 2 regular verse/chorus-type songs to solo on for once instead of having him play along with the improv that is MR and strumming acoustic on Satisfaction.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 12, 2014 20:44

15 minutes during midnight rambler is enough

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 12, 2014 21:47

Gooo
15 minutes during midnight rambler is enough

Actually, I think everyone would be happy if he got to really play leads on 3 'regular'-type verse/chorus/verse songs that were each 5 minutes long instead of MR. Heartbreaker, Dead Flowers and LIV would be a much more impactful and satisfying 15 minutes use of MT than MR.

Date: July 13, 2014 03:38

True

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 13, 2014 03:42

Absolutely terrible how they treated him. Unforgivable to not to integrate him into the show after so many performances. He could have add much needed fills when Keith was MIA.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 06:48

I want him standing dead still on Charlie's right hand side, playing those beautiful leads. What a missed opportunity....

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 13, 2014 09:17

Funnily enough I'd rather see MT regularly on dead flowers that CYHMK which can be great but has a high risk of a car crash .....

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: July 14, 2014 03:49

Why? He's not in the band. Just keep the rhythm boys out there and let the Stones go back to their double rhythm roots.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 14, 2014 04:04

CYHMK would be very interesting if they followed the Rambler model. That is, let Ronnie do his solo bit too, let them trade off. When they did it in '03, Ronnie's job was to throw a few Taylor licks in and then improv badly. But he's so solid and focused now, and add on to that the challenge that MT in your face presents. I'd like to see that! Just get Keith's guitar sound in the opening up to par. I know it's a hard intro to pull off perfectly, but a little more distortion would help.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 14, 2014 22:50

Brstonesfan
Absolutely terrible how they treated him. Unforgivable to not to integrate him into the show after so many performances. He could have add much needed fills when Keith was MIA.

why? he deserves nothing. he left the stones high and dry at a critical time in their career and totally screwed them over by doing it without warning just as they were getting ready to record an album and go on tour .

no warning,nothing just"i'm leaving". not- "i'll give you a year or two to replace me", not- "i want my song royalties or i'm out".not-"i'm doing too many drugs and i need some time off" just a big f-you,goodbye"

taylor underestimated the rolling stones.he thought they would be finished in a few years and he was gonna make this big supergroup with jack bruce and his star would keep shining after they were done.he gambled and he lost.deal with it.

the board adopts these pets from time to time and the theme is always the same.the stones [or usually just jagger]-are a bunch of rude pricks who treated them unfairly in some way and the pet of the day somehow deserves something from the band.you make your own path in life and you pay your own bills,taylors lucky the rolling stones ever talked to him again let alone let him onstage with them.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: July 14, 2014 23:24

Lem motlow: The Rolling Stones owe Mick Taylor big time.

There are no laws forbidding musicians to leave a band and Taylor is not the only person in history that did so.
However, there are legal rules and regulations pertaining to the rights an official bandmember has to be paid royalties over the records he helped to create. Whether someone leaves or not has no bearing on this entitlement.

You may not want to believe it, but the Stones have been in breach of agreement on the latter. You can decide for yourself what kind of names you may want to call them, but it makes no sense to try and blame Taylor for what they neglected to do.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: July 14, 2014 23:52

I don't care what went down and who's to blame, all I know is he's with them now, and they're arguably better and certainly more interesting with him playing on-stage. They've had 35+ years with the core four live, and probably will have more to come, why blow this current intersection of the five?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 14, 2014 23:59

Heavy duty statements...Where are actual facts?

Date: July 15, 2014 01:14

Chacal

There are no laws forbidding musicians to leave a band and Taylor is not the only person in history that did so.
However, there are legal rules and regulations pertaining to the rights an official bandmember has to be paid royalties over the records he helped to create. Whether someone leaves or not has no bearing on this entitlement.

You may not want to believe it, but the Stones have been in breach of agreement on the latter. You can decide for yourself what kind of names you may want to call them, but it makes no sense to try and blame Taylor for what they neglected to do.

where did i say anything about a law forbiding a band member from leaving a band or that mick taylor was the only person to ever leave a band??

taylor sued the rolling stones years ago for back royalties for songs he helped write and was paid his money.you can look this up,its pretty well documented.they also went easy on him because they gave him the money without a trial.can you imagine taylor going up against the stones lawyers? he most likely would've lost the case and ended up even more broke paying his own legal fees.

again,the rolling stones "owe " mick taylor nothing. he quit his job,sued for back pay and got it-have a nice life.

having said that,i'm a big fan of mick taylor and want him back in the stones full time.one thing though,you don't just walk back into the rolling stones,ask bobby keys.

taylors gonna have to work his way back in-

1.lose weight so you look like a stone again
2.just because they're letting you do these long solo's it doesn't mean you should,cut it short and step back.the rolling stones aren't a jam band.
3.find a place on the damn stage where you fit in. stop wandering around out there,stand back near chuck and ronnie and musically and physically be "in " the band.there's alot of unspoken,nod and a wink things that happen with these guys.they're only gonna put up with a elephant wandering aroung their stage playing long drawn out solos for so long before it gets old.

if taylor does this he stays,if he keeps on as it is he's a novelty and he'll be gone.

Date: July 15, 2014 01:28

lem motlow
Chacal

You may not want to believe it, but the Stones have been in breach of agreement on the latter. You can decide for yourself what kind of names you may want to call them, but it makes no sense to try and blame Taylor for what they neglected to do.[/quote

where did i say anything about a law forbiding a band member from leaving a band or that mick taylor was the only person to ever leave a band??

taylor sued the rolling stones years ago for back royalties for songs he helped write and was paid his money.you can look this up,its pretty well documented.they also went easy on him because they gave him the money without a trial.can you imagine taylor going up against the stones lawyers? he most likely would've lost the case and ended up even more broke paying his own legal fees.

again,the rolling stones "owe " mick taylor nothing. he quit his job,sued for back pay and got it-have a nice life.

having said that,i'm a big fan of mick taylor and want him back in the stones full time.one thing though,you don't just walk back into the rolling stones,ask bobby keys.

taylors gonna have to work his way back in-

1.lose weight so you look like a stone again
2.just because they're letting you do these long solo's it doesn't mean you should,cut it short and step back.the rolling stones aren't a jam band.
3.find a place on the damn stage where you fit in. stop wandering around out there,stand back near chuck and ronnie and musically and physically be "in " the band.there's alot of unspoken,nod and a wink things that happen with these guys.they're only gonna put up with a elephant wandering aroung their stage playing long drawn out solos for so long before it gets old.

if taylor does this he stays,if he keeps on as it is he's a novelty and he'll be gone.

I agree 100%!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-15 01:29 by Gooo.

Date: July 15, 2014 15:17

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 12:28 by colonial.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: July 15, 2014 17:38

First and foremost, MT is by far, the best guitarist they've ever had!! if you've been paying attention since 12/02, he HAS lost a lot of weight, they are a MUCH better band with 3 guitarists on stage instead of two, they have absolutely wasted a wonderful opportunity to build off RAMBLER and play songs with him like Heartbreaker, Street Fighting Man, Sympathy, All Down the Line, Love in Vain, in fact, screw it, they should've brought him out to finish shows doing Ya-Ya's start to finish!!! That being said, MT looks very happy and so do the rest of boys. For that, I say thank you for everything and congratulations.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: July 15, 2014 19:23

Could not agree more. Well put

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:15

lem motlow

Well you're the one that made it sound like Taylor committed a capital crime by leaving the band.
Are you equally judgemental about everyone that's ever had the audacity to change course in their musical career ? If not, then why make an exception for Taylor.

lem motlow

What you call 'well-documented', did in fact never happen. There are no legal records on this so called lawsuit because it didn't take place.
No he didn't sue for songs he helped to write. And no, they didn't pay him any money.

lem motlow

I realise you're probably not going to listen, but you're very very poorly informed on this matter and for that reason alone it would really be much wiser to refrain from commenting at all.

lem motlow

I fail to see how this is relevant to the issue we were discussing. Bobby Keys was never a bandmember. Regardless, he was hired back - at Keith's insistence.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 00:18 by Chacal.

Date: July 18, 2014 09:03

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 12:28 by colonial.

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: July 22, 2014 12:37

Like to see Mick Taylor on more songs.
As simple as that.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 22, 2014 14:32

Tough love there, lem motlow...can't say I don't agree with a lot of it, though.

I'm happy Mick T. is back as well, but he doesn't need a pity party. He did choose to leave the Stones and, happily, now he is back. Yes, it's a limited role, but I think he's probably fine with that. You learn to accept your lot in life with more grace as you get older.

Date: July 23, 2014 22:39

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 12:26 by colonial.

Date: July 23, 2014 22:55

ronkeith72
First and foremost, MT is by far, the best guitarist they've ever had!! if you've been paying attention since 12/02, he HAS lost a lot of weight, they are a MUCH better band with 3 guitarists on stage instead of two, they have absolutely wasted a wonderful opportunity to build off RAMBLER and play songs with him like Heartbreaker, Street Fighting Man, Sympathy, All Down the Line, Love in Vain, in fact, screw it, they should've brought him out to finish shows doing Ya-Ya's start to finish!!! That being said, MT looks very happy and so do the rest of boys. For that, I say thank you for everything and congratulations.

Best at what?

Surely, he's not the best to create riffs and songs in the band. Task #1 for a guitar player, imo - ownership to what you play.

However, he was the most accomplished solo guitar player in the Stones. But that's only one part of a guitar player's job. His solos ARE beautiful, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-23 23:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 25, 2014 02:20

chacal-

i dont know how it sounded but i just told the story of what happened when taylor left-its the story of him leaving out of the blue and telling the band at a party.everyone,including mick t himself agrees with this version of events.

what i will admit is that i have no facts to back up the claim that taylor got paid his song royalties.as a lontime fan of the band i could swear i read or heard about him getting that money but i could be totally wrong.

are you sure he didnt? its an interesting topic and one that has gone on for a long time so im curious about it.like i said,i could have sworn he got paid but you seem really sure he didn't.

maybe some of the other fans know something also.thoughts and information,anyone?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home