Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 14, 2014 18:55

Fair enough. smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 14, 2014 18:58

crawdaddy
Mr savage likes to wind people up, and knew that from his very first posts. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You're a Londoner Crawdaddy, or at least you sound like one the times I've met you smileys with beer

If they have a home, then it's the Crawdaddy Hotel, on their home turf where it all began and if it hadn't we would never have had this great band to enjoy regardless of where some people may perceive their home to be...

Date: July 14, 2014 19:09

Yes Gregor. My home town is Kingston, and Richmond was another place on the 65 bus route where we used to go as kids. Never went to The Station Hotel opposite Richmond Station but did visit in the '70's when it was The Bull 'n Bush pub.

Played football for my pub in Kingston,The Row Barge against that pub a couple of times on a Sunday afternoon. Back to the pub after for a drink or 10. winking smiley

Date: July 14, 2014 19:19

Dunno if it's my laptop, but have we all lost our signatures?

Date: July 14, 2014 19:19

crawdaddy
Yes Gregor. My home town is Kingston, and Richmond was another place on the 65 bus route where we used to go as kids. Never went to The Station Hotel opposite Richmond Station but did visit in the '70's when it was The Bull 'n Bush pub.

Played football for my pub in Kingston,The Row Barge against that pub a couple of times on a Sunday afternoon. Back to the pub after for a drink or 10. winking smiley

Blimey! What a place to grow up and at the time you did!

So in a roundabout way you've merely been following your local pub band all this timewinking smiley

Does the Station Hotel still exist/function as a pub today ? I believe several other acts who went on to achieve fame played there. It could justifiably be turned into a museum. It would be perfect for the recently mooted Stones Museum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-14 19:25 by grzegorz67.

Date: July 14, 2014 19:28

I was still at school then and almost saw them at Kingston Granada 1964 but homework came first and mum said no.
They also played at Cellar Club in Kingston 1963 .It was just a house in Ashdown Road with a big cellar. Knocked down years ago.
Station hotel is now a posh Gastro pub/restaurant I believe.

Date: July 14, 2014 19:38

crawdaddy
I was still at school then and almost saw them at Kingston Granada 1964 but homework came first and mum said no.
They also played at Cellar Club in Kingston 1963 .It was just a house in Ashdown Road with a big cellar. Knocked down years ago.
Station hotel is now a posh Gastro pub/restaurant I believe.

Mick should show up one day and make them an offer they can't refuse. If it's opposite Richmond Station then easy to find for Stones Tourists. Walking through the front door with the knowledge that they are on the precise spot of their 1st regular slot would be awe inspiring for most fans, including this one.

Mick, if you're reading this, get your small change uptogether and just do it! A sure fire nice little earner as that other mythical Londoner Arthur Daley would say...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 14, 2014 21:30

jjo and michaelsavage should have a chat and discuss what they don't like about The Rolling Stones history of playing in the London area...................their home town ,and mine......................and eventually in years to come, playing their very last gig in London. That's what's gonna happen. winking smiley

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 14, 2014 23:35

Really?

Date: July 15, 2014 00:01

Yeh ! About the very last gig ever for The Rolling Stones in good old London Town.............................not for a long time yet. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 15, 2014 00:25

Doesn't Belo Horizonte - sound so good?

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 15, 2014 18:23

crawdaddy
Yeh ! About the very last gig ever for The Rolling Stones in good old London Town.............................not for a long time yet. >grinning smiley<

Right. Several shows in NYC and London

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 16, 2014 12:04

Has this been asked? WHY is the title of this thread "...2012-2015"?

What's been announced for next year, or is BV just...in the know?

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 16, 2014 12:36

bitusa2012
Has this been asked? WHY is the title of this thread "...2012-2015"?

What's been announced for next year, or is BV just...in the know?

South America and UK strong rumors for next year.

We gotta have somewhere to talk about these potential dates without it getting messy...right winking smiley

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: July 16, 2014 15:35

michaelsavage
crawdaddy

Probably 5-7 Shows in MSG wrapping up US tour, then 1-2 shows in London

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: July 16, 2014 16:45

WEMBLEY STADIUM spinning smiley sticking its tongue out thumbs up

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 16, 2014 18:21

jjo
michaelsavage
crawdaddy

I really can't see 5 shows or more in msg, what about other cities in US/Can.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 16, 2014 18:56

babyblue
I think the Stones will do 15 cities in North America after South America,I got this from a good source. When I was in Europe this summer at one of their shows I met a guy that was doing the stage, we got to very good friends and he revealed that to me.

[www.iorr.org]

babyblue

A few days ago in this very thread, a "very good friend" on the Euro crew tipped 15 cities in North America. What cities were they?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 16, 2014 19:34

babyblue
jjo
michaelsavage
crawdaddy

Tickets for Barclay's sold slowly so I can't see 5 shows at the Garden, if they charge the same prices (or probably higher). I can see a couple of shows at Citi Field or Yankee Stadium for similar prices to what they just charged in Europe. If they do play the Garden, I will be in the pit for one show, at least.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 16, 2014 19:38

BV has only put up South American dates and possible London .....

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 16, 2014 20:55

Correct..Barclay's was very, very slow!!! No demand what6soever here in the States. They should not return as it would be embarrassing. They deserved better.

Date: July 16, 2014 21:19

Didn't Barclay's sell out?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 16, 2014 22:05

DandelionPowderman

Eventually but there were still good tickets on sale the week of the show, both on Ticketmaster and StubHub. In my section, everyone was talking about how much they paid and most paid less than face. There should have been a "No Taylor" discount.

Date: July 16, 2014 22:06

Barclay's like most shows eventually "sold out", but it was an add on after the 2 Newark shows had been sold. It was annoying to me because I wanted to be at the opener and had to buy another pit ticket and fly in just for this show after already purchasing tickets for the Newark shows. Also no MT. The concierge at the hotel I was staying out told me his sources were "worried" as tickets were moving very slow for Barclays. I do not see the demand for more than 1-2 shows in the NYC area. particularly, if prices are similar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-16 22:10 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 16, 2014 22:10

I seem to remember the US tour sales been a bit eratic . Some had extra $85 tickets available closer to gig dates and prices on secondary sites plummeted in the end. Others sold really well. Chicago was a hard ticket, even with three shows.

sc uk

Date: July 16, 2014 22:14

straycatuk
I seem to remember the US tour sales been a bit eratic . Some had extra $85 tickets available closer to gig dates and prices on secondary sites plummeted in the end. Others sold really well. Chicago was a hard ticket, even with three shows.

sc uk

Very erratic..Some cities sold well, others required major "flexing" to fill up venues on the day of the show. No one who wanted a ticket had a problem if they waited in most every venue.

Date: July 16, 2014 22:32

bleedingman
DandelionPowderman

Eventually but there were still good tickets on sale the week of the show, both on Ticketmaster and StubHub. In my section, everyone was talking about how much they paid and most paid less than face. There should have been a "No Taylor" discount.

Same thing with a couple of Euro shows. But if it sells out, it sells out...

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:03

North America shows sold FAST and sold out

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:33

If they do US in summer they will concentrate in Stadium shows with lower prices. The demand will be much higher because more people can afford 90 - 250 $ instead of paying 190 - 600 $.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:41

If they ever announced that this is it, as strongly suggested over and over here, they could sell out anywhere any time. If the said this is good bye to our American fans, they would sell out 7 MSG shows easily with people from all over.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home