Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2014
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2014 04:34

Rokyfan
Naturalust
bv
Macca is ONE person. The Rolling Stones are FOUR.

Take four dice. Roll one of them and see how easy it is to get six. It happens every 6th time statistically. Then try to get all four at six at the same time. This is the difference in MACCA touring and STONES i.e. four lads touring.

I will make a separate tread about future shows soon, just need to sort out some other stuff first.

Well except that Ronnie will tour whenever Keith and Mick tell him to, so it's more like trying to get three sixes with four dice. Then considering the dice have a common goal and are communicating and cooperating, I'd say we are down to two sixes. Then throw in the huge $ incentives, the "we are well rehearsed and not getting any younger", we are down to one six. Finally add the "we can't let that rainy, not sold out show in New Zealand be our last one, and the hints from side musicians, Jagger and Ronnie, I'd say we are much better than 50/50.

peace

As long as we are doing idle speculation over what may happen in the future, mine is that the Rolling Stones (and that's four men, I don't discount some of them) do not know as we sit here today whether there will be another Rolling Stones show.

It is also my opinion that they will never announce a final show or a farewell tour, we will only know after the fact that there will be no more. This is for many reasons, one is I think they think the "farewell tour" is cheesy, but also for economic reasons.

As sdstonesguy keeps pointing out, the Rolling Stones as an economic entity that will outlive the individuals. That economic entity is worth more if the possibility of future shows is out there. that is another reason they will never announce it is over.

In other words, after the last show, Ronnie and Bobby Keys, etc. will still be saying "see you next year" because that's how it works.

Not necessarily. If you're now talking about sales of merchandise and music, sales could actually increase if they turn around and say "thanks, we're done", as there is potentially no more product.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 25, 2014 07:19

treaclefingers
Rokyfan
Naturalust
bv
Macca is ONE person. The Rolling Stones are FOUR.

Take four dice. Roll one of them and see how easy it is to get six. It happens every 6th time statistically. Then try to get all four at six at the same time. This is the difference in MACCA touring and STONES i.e. four lads touring.

I will make a separate tread about future shows soon, just need to sort out some other stuff first.

Well except that Ronnie will tour whenever Keith and Mick tell him to, so it's more like trying to get three sixes with four dice. Then considering the dice have a common goal and are communicating and cooperating, I'd say we are down to two sixes. Then throw in the huge $ incentives, the "we are well rehearsed and not getting any younger", we are down to one six. Finally add the "we can't let that rainy, not sold out show in New Zealand be our last one, and the hints from side musicians, Jagger and Ronnie, I'd say we are much better than 50/50.

peace

As long as we are doing idle speculation over what may happen in the future, mine is that the Rolling Stones (and that's four men, I don't discount some of them) do not know as we sit here today whether there will be another Rolling Stones show.

It is also my opinion that they will never announce a final show or a farewell tour, we will only know after the fact that there will be no more. This is for many reasons, one is I think they think the "farewell tour" is cheesy, but also for economic reasons.

As sdstonesguy keeps pointing out, the Rolling Stones as an economic entity that will outlive the individuals. That economic entity is worth more if the possibility of future shows is out there. that is another reason they will never announce it is over.

In other words, after the last show, Ronnie and Bobby Keys, etc. will still be saying "see you next year" because that's how it works.

Not necessarily. If you're now talking about sales of merchandise and music, sales could actually increase if they turn around and say "thanks, we're done", as there is potentially no more product.

Yes I agree, the market for Stones stuff will just increase if they announce the end and if they officially announce a last show or tour it does nothing but increase their demand for tickets and merch. peace

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 25, 2014 07:50

Naturalust
Yes I agree, the market for Stones stuff will just increase if they announce the end and if they officially announce a last show or tour it does nothing but increase their demand for tickets and merch. peace
Yes, your reaction is exactly what i meant by cheesy (not you, but how it would be perceived). A "farewell tour"is viewed as a money grab. Multiple farewell tours even more so (that's a Who dig). I don't think they are out to grab every t-shirt dollar this year (no I am not talking about that), they are about preserving a long-term legacy, and business, that will outlive them. I think Mick may have even said that they will never announce a last show or anything like that. We shall see.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 25, 2014 18:16

Meanwhile, today it's been two years since the first 'big' show of the tour: O2 Arena London, November 25th 2012...

The concept is still running: MT on MR, the choir on YCAGWYW, the tongue ramp, D&G in most setlists, and one can expect this to be continue in the possible 2015 shows.

The Bigger Bang tour was just over two years: Aug. 205-Aug. 2007.

Re: What happened to South America 2015?
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 27, 2015 01:55

New rumours ;

[www.americatv.com.pe]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home