Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 11, 2014 18:49

I don't think anyone knows for sure but it's sort of the reasonable conclusion to come to, no ? If anything it seems that it's what they did in 2012 with the O2 and NY shows and since that went well (better than expected?) they got the machine going again.

Stoneage
The weakest link is now Sir Michael. The "bug" on his voice seems to be chronic. Which means he can manage a few concerts but sooner or later the "bug" will reappear.
So I think we will have seen the last of long tours for The Rolling Stones. It's not doable anymore.

"chronic" ? Because one show in two years of touring got canceled?! Looks like a case of the [www.youtube.com]

georgelicks
It seems that Keith could release his album sometime between March and June and play a couple of gigs on his own and Mick could finish the Sticky Fingers re-issue for a mid-year release too.
Touring is another story.

Well it's a "story" we've been seeing for the past two years now so it's probably time to give it a bit of a rest, the 50th concept is a bit "stale"...The Keith solo LP and the SF project would be a nice change of pace before getting going again but of course they'd need to find a good "incentive" other than money.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-11 18:49 by gotdablouse.

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 14, 2014 12:35

BV, any news about SA, NA and EU?

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2014
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 14, 2014 15:07

LATEST UPDATE:

The rumoured shows in South America will not go on as rumored for Feb/Mar/Apr 2015. May be they might get something organized for later in 2015, but don't count on it. As of now, the last show of the tour will be in Auckland New Zealand Saturday Nov 22, 2014.

TOUR DATES - Confirmed and rumoured : [www.iorr.org]

PS. The main problem seems to be the economy in Argentina. They really want to go there, BA would be the fundament of the tour, but right now it is dificult to do the funding as it seems. May be later, say Nov/Dec 2015 some say.

PPS. They did Europe and North America already, so unless they get bored I don't see any more shows now in these markets. May be later.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-14 15:11 by bv.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 14, 2014 15:28

Any rumours of a London show while the are so well oiled ?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 14, 2014 15:29

So it might be true that the recording sessions this December happen and they will make another album released next summer and a tour promoting the album in the fall like they did in 1997, 2002, 2005. But with fewer shows of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-14 15:29 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 14, 2014 15:35

At the same time, I was wondering how the fans in Peru & Chile could afford ticket prices. I think the fare would have been reduced to accomodate eagerly awaiting fans.

I have a quesion & comment:

Why would the economy of one country compromise an entire continental tour ?

Also -The Stones recent North American last year did not span U.S. southern states.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 14, 2014 15:36

All this talk about London shows...

They were supposed to close out the tour. But now there is nothing to close out, as long as they still work on South America options. May be later. Everything is open now. As we all know, they don't HAVE TO tour anymore. But they love it, only problem is they need a reason. They have been all over now, except for South America and Africa, more or less. Everybody who can travel with a flight of say a few hours could have seen them now, except for these two areas. London got two times Stones, O2 and Hyde Park, also Glastonbury. I don't understand why they are expected to perform in London every year. They don't play London every year. But may be of course. It's all open.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Fuzzavelli ()
Date: November 14, 2014 16:59

I notice the tread has change it's now not 2012. - 2015 rumoured shows. Think be knows this it for a while

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 14, 2014 17:02

Now I'm kicking myself for not going to Australia, I thought I'd wait for South America instead.

To everyone that's there or going enjoy the rest of the shows in Australia and New Zealand.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: November 14, 2014 17:23

BV, what about rumours on stadium shows in NA around May-June? Stones are hugely rumoured for Rock In Rio in Las Vegas in May'15... That plus, let's say, Bonaroo in June, would alone make a good excuse to go out in the States and throw a few stadium shows in between...

Also, I'd say success of this year's European tour could lead them to add more shows in 2015... Let's be fair, they haven't played some of the continent (especially Eastern Europe) and the demand seems to still be there.

From Keith's recent interview it seemed that they will certainly spend a good part of 2015 on the road... So I'm not sure why they could have changed their plans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-14 17:28 by wickerman.

Posted by: memofromdylan ()
Date: November 14, 2014 17:36

If the discussion is South America in the second half of 2015, then what would be the logic in folding up until then? Doesn't add up. There's something to be said for the energy being so palpable only since Europe. No--latter 2015 is too long in the recliner. It would be a squander. Holiday, maybe some toying time in the studio to give them a "reason" and then a return to the States springtime, summer next year. Bonnaroo sounds about right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-14 17:38 by memofromdylan.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 14, 2014 18:31

London, well you don't know if you can wait untill 2016, at that CW is 75...

A few more conserts in their hometown could be likely. It is not Paris, Berlin or Madrid, it's London, the guys hometown, where they grew up and started playing, and as I could see in Hyde Park last years, the English loved it...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 14, 2014 20:07

<<So I'm not sure why they could have changed their plans.>>

Who knows indeed, but this insurance case probably doesn't help, even though the amount is a drop in the ocean for them.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 14, 2014 21:02

I think this insurance claim thing has really annoyed RS.com, as a lot of personal stuff has come out, and that is just not right in my opinion.

Doesn't effect their enthusiasm to play live gigs, as they are definitely on a roll at the moment, and I'm sure they want to keep on keepin' on.

Just got to sort out all the red tape and 2015 will be on at some time,but who knows when and where.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 14, 2014 21:59

bv
All this talk about London shows...

But they love it, only problem is they need a reason.

A new studio album would be one perfect reason to play any venue that they like, anew! What better reason could there be?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2014 01:17

Stonesfan2146
So it might be true that the recording sessions this December happen and they will make another album released next summer and a tour promoting the album in the fall like they did in 1997, 2002, 2005. But with fewer shows of course.

Any reliable source for that or just a guess? What georgelicks posted the other day looks like the more likely scenario : Keith solo release and Mick spending time on the SF reissue.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 15, 2014 01:37

gotdablouse
Stonesfan2146

Any reliable source for that or just a guess? What georgelicks posted the other day looks like the more likely scenario : Keith solo release and Mick spending time on the SF reissue.

I don't know what they will record but I heard around here that there are studio recordings planned in December. Don't know who posted it..

Rolling Stones to play Rock in Rio USA 2015 ?
Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: November 21, 2014 17:12

This website says YES

[vitalvegas.com]

Re: Rolling Stones to play Rock in Rio USA 2015 ?
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 21, 2014 17:21

I remember reading this some months ago on this thread.

Re: Rolling Stones to play Rock in Rio USA 2015 ?
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 21, 2014 21:28

its not that far fetched-mgm resorts own that piece of property where the festival is going to be held-outside of a couple of shows at the hard rock they've hosted every stones gig in las vegas since 1994.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 23, 2014 11:34

bv
LATEST UPDATE:

The rumoured shows in South America will not go on as rumored for Feb/Mar/Apr 2015. [...] PS. The main problem seems to be the economy in Argentina. They really want to go there, BA would be the fundament of the tour, but right now it is dificult to do the funding as it seems.

Why is McCartney touring South and Middle America in 2014 then?

Brazil (6)
Chile (2)
Uruguay (1)
Peru (1)
Ecuador (1)
Costa Rica (1)

So it´s all about wanting to do it. A tour would be possible without Argentinian shows as you can see. But why not play 5 shows in BA and
make no money? Where´s the problem? Get back the money in the
States!

bv
May be later, say Nov/Dec 2015 some say.

No one really thinks that economy gets better in a few months time. Anywhere.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 23, 2014 13:06

As for recording in December - the official reason given for not rescheduling Hanging Rock was 'prior commitments' or something similar. Not sure if that actually means any real band commitments though.
I personally doubt they are up for another months work straight off this tour though- but boy are they sounding great at the moment!

What happened to South America 2015?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 23, 2014 15:40

I just noticed that the 'rumoured' shows for South America have gone from the iorr showpage.......[www.iorr.org] ..........what happened? who's said what to unrumour them?.......sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 15:40 by EddieByword.

Re: What happened to South America 2015?
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 23, 2014 15:48

It's all about the benjamins. Economy in SA not so good.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 23, 2014 15:52

crholmstrom
It's all about the benjamins. Economy in SA not so good.

Why is McCartney touring South and Middle America in 2014 then?

Brazil (6)
Chile (2)
Uruguay (1)
Peru (1)
Ecuador (1)
Costa Rica (1)

So it´s all about wanting to do it. A tour would be possible without Argentinian shows as you can see. But why not play 5 shows in BA and
make no money? Where´s the problem? Get back the money in the
States!

No one really thinks that economy gets better in a few months time. Anywhere.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: November 23, 2014 15:54

that tells me they're coming to the USA sooner

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 23, 2014 16:04

If you read B.V report on the show from Auckland then he says there will be more next year.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 23, 2014 16:09

Nate
If you read B.V report on the show from Auckland then he says there will be more next year.

Nate thumbs up

ahh yes......."And next year? Yes, there will be more".............thumbs upthumbs up....Okay!.........thanks....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 16:09 by EddieByword.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 23, 2014 16:19

You can't get out BIG dollars out of Argentina, that's the main problem, 5 shows were like 25 million dollars, an impossible mark to get out of the country right now with all the controls that the goverment put during the last 2 years.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 23, 2014 16:28

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Where in the Auckland thread did you see this Nate? I've seen some BV comments in other threads though like the 2012-2014 world tour thread. What a great 2 year run the Stones just gave us!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home