Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:23

AussieMark
24FPS
That is the most 'normal' I have ever seen a Rolling Stone dressed. Plaid shirt and blue jeans. And Ronnie, of all people, who seems very interested in how he looks.

Ronnie's clearly done his research on what guys wear in Adelaide - he nailed the look 100%.

Just needs a rats tail and a Holden jacket

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:35

And a can of Jim Beam??

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:50

The most important and pressing sartorial question is, of course , has the BLUE JACKET been ditched .....

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 16, 2014 02:28

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 20:11 by colonial.

Date: October 16, 2014 03:09

Adelaide is the king of the goatees.

And you should also see the guys.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: October 16, 2014 13:01

I keep hearing rumours about gig at Warsaw's National Stadium sometime next summer... Mind you, we almost got a show this year but lost to Tel Aviv (Jun 4 date was also rumoured for Warsaw). Let's see what happens!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 16, 2014 16:52

EJM
The most important and pressing sartorial question is, of course , has the BLUE JACKET been ditched .....

I think it's 50-50 he will have the blue silky Primark bomber jacket at the Adelaide gig.

He loves it. winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 16, 2014 18:50

wickerman
I keep hearing rumours about gig at Warsaw's National Stadium sometime next summer... Mind you, we almost got a show this year but lost to Tel Aviv (Jun 4 date was also rumoured for Warsaw). Let's see what happens!

I hope not. If they do a concert in Warsaw I hope it's anywhere but there. Even the Sala Kongresowa! I know Warsaw well and by all accounts the sound for concerts at the Narodowy is awful. It may be an excellent football stadium but it's an awful concert venue. I'm not Polish but I know Warsaw well and have friends there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 16, 2014 18:53

Deathgod
Adelaide is the king of the goatees.

And you should also see the guys.

I'm thinking of visiting Australia next year,I've just crossed Adelaide off the list.

>grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: Strzykawa ()
Date: October 16, 2014 20:28

grzegorz67
wickerman

I hope not. If they do a concert in Warsaw I hope it's anywhere but there. Even the Sala Kongresowa! I know Warsaw well and by all accounts the sound for concerts at the Narodowy is awful. It may be an excellent football stadium but it's an awful concert venue. I'm not Polish but I know Warsaw well and have friends there.

I don't think so with polish National Stadium. Many soundchecks people doesn't know how to do perfect. Depeche Mode was sounds very good. It depends of skills with that. It's not difficult to adventures with Stones for me, even other lands. I was 6 times on 14 on fire, but many people in Poland are dreaming to see them, so National Stadium could be the best place in our country to organize the show ;-)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 16, 2014 20:48

Any new rumors regarding the South American tour?

Date: October 16, 2014 21:02

Strzykawa
grzegorz67
wickerman

I don't think so with polish National Stadium. Many soundchecks people doesn't know how to do perfect. Depeche Mode was sounds very good. It depends of skills with that. It's not difficult to adventures with Stones for me, even other lands. I was 6 times on 14 on fire, but many people in Poland are dreaming to see them, so National Stadium could be the best place in our country to organize the show ;-)

My local Warsaw friend saw Paul McCartney there and he couldn't even tell what song he was playing. I do hope the sound engineers eventually get it right. I was in Chorzow in 1998 and it was a fantastic show. However, I don't know what's now happening with the Slaski Stadium, since Euro 2012 it seems to have been abandoned and forgotten...

I had a ticket for the concert planned for Lotnisko Bemowo in Wawa in '06 but did not return for the one at Slusewiec in 2007, where they doubled the prices!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 17, 2014 00:22

I love how Mick can change lives by just ordering a feed.

Apprentice chef Pellegrino Cimmino, 20, said he was “honoured” to serve traditional Italian fare for The Rolling Stones frontman.

“It was pretty exciting to cook for a famous person, it was an honour really,” he said.

Assaggio head chef Camillo Crugnale took Jagger’s booking for 9pm on Wednesday night, just hours after The Advertiser snapped the first photographs of the band’s guitarist Wood outside the InterContinental Hotel.

What Mick ate ... apprentice chef Pellegrino Cimmino with the crab pasta dish he cooked for Mick Jagger at Assagio restaurant. Picture:
Mr Crugnale said Jagger appeared relaxed and was a “total gentleman”.

“You get a lot of people in the limelight who are extremely demanding; he was just like an everyday person,” Mr Crugnale said.

“I got the young crew to cook for him, so that it becomes memorable for them. Mick could see who was cooking because we have an open kitchen and he was very appreciative, he thanked all the servers and the chefs.

“We’ve had astronauts, basketball stars and other identities and I have never seen the whole room in silence. I used to say to myself: I wonder who we are going to get who will knock us off our feet, and you get Mick Jagger. The big kahuna!”

Jagger ordered grilled prawns wrapped in pancetta and saffron “guitar string” pasta with blue swimmer crab, requesting a little less tomato in his sauce.

“He had no dessert or wine, just local beer,” Mr Crugnale said.

“His support crew ordered local Italian varietals of wine, which they enjoyed immensely.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-17 00:32 by Deathgod.

Date: October 17, 2014 00:29

What Mick Jagger ate

Entree

CODE DI GAMBERI

Grilled prawns wrapped in flat pancetta with fire-roasted capsicum, cashew and cannellini bean salad, accompanied by a pomegranate and pink grapefruit dressing $21

Main

CHITTARE ALLO ZAFFERANO E POLPA DI GRANCHIO

Saffron ‘guitar string’ pasta with South Australian Blue Swimmer crab and a roasted tomato and shellfish sauce $32

Beverage
Mildura Brewery Mallee Bull Strong Ale

Date: October 17, 2014 01:45

So he still drinks a beer now and then. Cool!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 17, 2014 10:36

Good on yer Mick.

He likes a strong local beer as well.

Would love to have a few tinnys with him and a chat one day. >grinning smiley<

Date: October 17, 2014 12:49

grzegorz67
My local Warsaw friend saw Paul McCartney there and he couldn't even tell what song he was playing. I do hope the sound engineers eventually get it right. I was in Chorzow in 1998 and it was a fantastic show. However, I don't know what's now happening with the Slaski Stadium, since Euro 2012 it seems to have been abandoned and forgotten...

I had a ticket for the concert planned for Lotnisko Bemowo in Wawa in '06 but did not return for the one at Slusewiec in 2007, where they doubled the prices!

Well, I've seen some shows at Narodowy (Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Metallica) and I admit it's hard to get the sound right at this venue, especially with closed roof. I'm not sure why they close the roof during concerts (probably due to noise restrictions) but it kills the acoustics of the place... Still, the sound pretty much depends on where you are - it's better at some parts of the venue and worse at others.

Slaski Stadium is undergoing renovation for quite a few years now... Apparently they don't have money to finish it and there isn't a good business plan for the venue - all major shows have moved to National Stadium and there is competition from arenas like Krakow Arena or Atlas Arena in Lodz... I sadly feel there won't be any major events happening at Slaski anytime in the future... sad smiley

Date: October 17, 2014 15:35

wickerman
grzegorz67

Well, I've seen some shows at Narodowy (Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Metallica) and I admit it's hard to get the sound right at this venue, especially with closed roof. I'm not sure why they close the roof during concerts (probably due to noise restrictions) but it kills the acoustics of the place... Still, the sound pretty much depends on where you are - it's better at some parts of the venue and worse at others.

Slaski Stadium is undergoing renovation for quite a few years now... Apparently they don't have money to finish it and there isn't a good business plan for the venue - all major shows have moved to National Stadium and there is competition from arenas like Krakow Arena or Atlas Arena in Lodz... I sadly feel there won't be any major events happening at Slaski anytime in the future... sad smiley

Which is a pity as it's a stadium with a lot of history. Do Ruch Chorzow still play there ? With the new stadia built for Euro 2012, its future must be rather bleak. However, as far as I know, there are no large stadia in that part of Poland so surely there's still a need for it. I found this photo and it is clearly unfinished, like you say.

[tadion_%C5%9Al%C4%85ski.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">en.wikipedia.org]

I have very happy memories of it from 1998 and my Polish friends recorded it for me when it was shown on Polsat 2 weeks later. It was thought to be amongst the very best shows of the BtB tour and they played a LOT of shows on that your.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: October 18, 2014 19:57

Deathgod
What Mick Jagger ate

Entree

CODE DI GAMBERI

Grilled prawns wrapped in flat pancetta with fire-roasted capsicum, cashew and cannellini bean salad, accompanied by a pomegranate and pink grapefruit dressing $21

Main

Saffron ‘guitar string’ pasta with South Australian Blue Swimmer crab and a roasted tomato and shellfish sauce $32

Beverage

I'll have what he's having...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 19, 2014 18:47

Is it still the 50th Anniversary tour? 14 On Fire, sure, but...

Date: October 20, 2014 10:21

GasLightStreet
Is it still the 50th Anniversary tour? 14 On Fire, sure, but...

52th

Date: October 20, 2014 11:56

I've heard that if they play next year it will be called the get what you need tour,has anyone else heard this too?

Nate cool smiley

Date: October 20, 2014 15:00

So now what's the rumoured scheudule for 2015?

May-June - US stadium/festivals?
July-August - Europe + Wembley London?
October-November - South America?

Wonder if they will change the tour's name to "15 On Fire"? grinning smiley

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 20, 2014 18:36

US in the spring

Date: October 20, 2014 19:50

Is South America not going to happen in February and March then?

Nate

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 20, 2014 21:16

Straycat13
Deathgod
What Mick Jagger ate

Entree

CODE DI GAMBERI

Main

Beverage

I'll have what he's having...

Geez who cares!

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 21, 2014 04:04

wickerman
So now what's the rumoured scheudule for 2015?

May-June - US stadium/festivals?
July-August - Europe + Wembley London?
October-November - South America?

Wonder if they will change the tour's name to "15 On Fire"? grinning smiley

Where's this latest prognostication coming from?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 20:59

"15 On Fire" European leg:

- Ziggodome Amsterdam
- Helsinki
- Hamburg
- Stuttgart/Koln/Munich
- Wien
- Milan
- Lyon/Marseille
- Barcelona
- Prague
- Belgrado
- Waszaw
- Glasgow
- Dublin
- Hyde Park London
- Wembley Stadium London

Could be a good choice!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 22, 2014 00:27

This is what we will get

- Hyde Park London
- Wembley Stadium London
- O2 Arena
- Hammersmith Apollo

A pure London Good-Bye

Date: October 22, 2014 23:28

mailexile67
"15 On Fire" European leg:

- Ziggodome Amsterdam
- Helsinki
- Hamburg
- Stuttgart/Koln/Munich
- Wien
- Milan
- Lyon/Marseille
- Barcelona
- Prague
- Belgrado
- Waszaw
- Glasgow
- Dublin
- Hyde Park London
- Wembley Stadium London

Could be a good choice!!

You forgot Oslo!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home