Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2014 21:55

DandelionPowderman
The "Very Insane Person"-section should be fenced in a bit more...

Not to worry, the Norte's are keeping watch over them

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 17, 2014 00:08

Announcement coming soon

Springsteen Booked for Rock in Rio USA
posted Sep 11, 2014, 2:00 PM by Brandon Thompson

"A few months ago there were rumors about Springsteen and Rock in Rio USA negotiating a deal to get the band to play the Las Vegas festival in May 2015. On Twitter, @VitalVegas claims that Bruce Springsteen has just been officially booked for the event. They also go on to say that The Rolling Stones are very close to striking up a deal for the same event, making this a huge festival event. Rumors have it to expect Springsteen to take the festival stage on May 8 or May 9. Rock in Rio USA says that the official lineups are coming out soon and there is the previous rumor of Springsteen announcing a US tour in December."

Fits good in to plans for Stones coming from SA to US and then to London 2015.

[www.blogitallnight.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 17, 2014 00:37

The "big event" rumors regarding USA shows, if true, would not bode well for any further arena shows there. One would imagine they'd maintain a similar pricing structure to Europe, thus making themselves more accessible to younger fans.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 17, 2014 01:53

No arenas for the next States tour next year, only Stadiums or festivals are considered, no more than 8 shows it seems.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 17, 2014 11:37

Any news on which cities they're gonna hit in the States? Any chance for comeback to Chicago or NYC?

Stones in the summer of 2015
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 14, 2014 11:18

In the summer of 2015 Mick will be 72 (July), Keith will also be 72 some 6 months later (December), Charlie will be 74 and Ronnie 68 (both in June).

If they're still playing live somewhere or other (anywhere) next summer, we should be ...........

CELEBRATING hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Catch 'em when you can, or forever regret it if you don't !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Stones in the summer of 2015
Posted by: Christos ()
Date: September 14, 2014 11:34

"Catch 'em when you can, or forever regret it if you don't !!"

Oh come on we've been reading this for the last 20 years and more.
Those of us who can't afford travelling to South America will just have to wait for the ...16 On Fire tour in 2016 smileys with beer

Date: September 14, 2014 11:53

Christos

Those of us who can't afford travelling to South America will just have to wait for the ...16 On Fire tour in 2016 smileys with beer

I guess so. Each to theirs .....

My point is: they're getting on in age, so if they're still out there playing somewhere or other and you can see 'em, then do it !!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 14, 2014 15:31

paulywaul
Christos

My point is: they're getting on in age, so if they're still out there playing somewhere or other and you can see 'em, then do it !!

Don't forget Bill still out there playing at 77 (78 next month), catch him while you can smileys with beer

Date: September 14, 2014 19:25

Rollin92
paulywaul
Christos

Don't forget Bill still out there playing at 77 (78 next month), catch him while you can smileys with beer

Yes, I'd like to. Never seen the Rhythm Kings

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:14

I saw them as the house band for the Zeppelin reunion show, and was impressed enough to want to see them do their own show sometime.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 13:41

I am seeing The Rhythm Kings here late November, looking forward to it. They were great when I saw them years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 14:35

According to the rumours, if they Are coming to london I will do everything i can do to go and see them . I don't think i will have other chances to see them in europe again ..

Date: September 15, 2014 14:55

Yep, if the rumours about those two London shows in a BIG venue (I would guess that probably means Wembley Stadium, seeing as they've "done" Hyde Park) turn out to be true, then I would respectfully suggest that anyone who lives in Europe most definitely does not miss them then. As I suggested in the opening post of this thread, taking their ages into consideration, especially Charlie's, it is well within the realms of possibility that those two shows might be where it finally ends for the Rolling Stones as a live act. One helluva way to go out, if that's what in fact they choose to do.

I'm not making any predictions, far from it, but I for one will be treating those shows as very important indeed, and if they do actually come to fruition, there is no way on earth I would be missing them.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 15, 2014 14:58

paulywaul

I would respectfully suggest that anyone who lives in Europe most definitely does not miss them then.

I won't.hot smiley

- Doxa

Date: September 15, 2014 15:05

Doxa
paulywaul

I would respectfully suggest that anyone who lives in Europe most definitely does not miss them then.

I won't.hot smiley

- Doxa

thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 16, 2014 10:07

Yes, that would be a suitable end to the "saga", not that they would likely plan it this way given their history but if that's how the cards fell down...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 16, 2014 15:51

paulywaul
Yep, if the rumours about those two London shows in a BIG venue (I would guess that probably means Wembley Stadium, seeing as they've "done" Hyde Park) turn out to be true, then I would respectfully suggest that anyone who lives in Europe most definitely does not miss them then. As I suggested in the opening post of this thread, taking their ages into consideration, especially Charlie's, it is well within the realms of possibility that those two shows might be where it finally ends for the Rolling Stones as a live act. One helluva way to go out, if that's what in fact they choose to do.

I'm not making any predictions, far from it, but I for one will be treating those shows as very important indeed, and if they do actually come to fruition, there is no way on earth I would be missing them.

if they call it off next summer shouldn't it be in Richmond or Ealing where it all started? eye rolling smiley As much as the European Tour was successful I still enjoy the arena shows much more. Anyway for those who love the big venues Wembley would be a must go.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 16, 2014 15:57

I hope for any European concerts next summer. And I have a good feeling I'll have my wish.winking smiley

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: September 16, 2014 19:29

shame they wasted so much time not recording new material.especially sicnce mick sounds better than ever.my advice save the money.go see the old 97s,better band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-16 19:31 by backstreetboy1.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 17, 2014 11:57

I've also got a feeling they might add a few Euro dates before London... Actually quite a few countries got skipped out this year and the success of this Euro run could easily mean they will add more cities...

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: September 17, 2014 13:46

I can imagine to see The Rolling Stones back in Europe.

Dates could be:

London - Slane Castle - Edinburgh - Barcelona - Budapest - Munich - Prague - Milan - Sofia - Zagreb - Moscow - Helsinki - Luxembourg - Liechtenstein

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: September 17, 2014 14:05

Ladykiller
I can imagine to see The Rolling Stones back in Europe.

Dates could be:

London - Slane Castle - Edinburgh - Barcelona - Budapest - Munich - Prague - Milan - Sofia - Zagreb - Moscow - Helsinki - Luxembourg - Liechtenstein

With so many "New" European countries that might be declared by summer 2015, I expect many of the "The RS never have played the republic of %$##$% since it was founded in 2014 and its not fair they do not now" type of threads... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 17, 2014 14:27

Wroclaw

With so many "New" European countries that might be declared by summer 2015, eye rolling smiley

...a less sensitive soul would say: "Dàmn all these St. Andrew's places"... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Rehearsals?
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: September 15, 2014 20:08

Any news? Where and when?

Re: Rehearsals?
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: September 15, 2014 20:25

its not the right thread but does anyone know what the band are/have all been doing since the end of the tour?

Richards
Wood
Jagger
Watts
Taylor
Jones

kinda got a fair grasp on Jagger/Richards but less so on the others

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 15, 2014 20:37

I have some bad news about Jones...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 15, 2014 20:44

not that one the other one..

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 15, 2014 20:45

I hope he means---Daryl...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 15, 2014 20:54

Jagger promoting his new movie
Richards promoting his new book

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home