Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: How was your Rolling Stones European Tour ?
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 19, 2014 23:50

Loved your review WarMachine and just wondered at first about your name on IORR,but hope it's just something you just came up with. eye rolling smiley

Easily the longest and most detailed review I've read,after following The Stones since 1962.

Glad you enjoyed the gig and hope you can make it to London,for another show ,next summer. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2014 00:47

I hope there is a gig in London next year Crawdaddy ! If so I'm sure some of the Oslo crowd will be there too. Half the ones I met there had been to at least 1 Hyde Park show or the O2. I hope it isn't Hyde Park again, but I'll still go even if it is...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2014 00:50

...Or maybe they'll come back to my home town of Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland. The last time they were there, THIS happened !!!!

[www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

I met the fan interviewed for this article queuing up for Hyde Park 1. This show was so OTT wild that even Mick J still remembers it. Bill certainly does>grinning smiley<

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-20 00:52 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: WarMachine ()
Date: July 20, 2014 12:05

Gooo
Great reviews!

MingSubu
I agree. That was a great read WarMachine.

stonesrule
Very interesting and well-written.
Thanks for posting!

Thank you all kindly! smileys with beer

crawdaddy
Loved your review WarMachine and just wondered at first about your name on IORR,but hope it's just something you just came up with. eye rolling smiley

Oh, it's just the title of a decent AC/DC song. I'm all about love and peace, man.

crawdaddy
Easily the longest and most detailed review I've read,after following The Stones since 1962.

Well, that's certainly flattering to hear. Thank you very much!

crawdaddy
Glad you enjoyed the gig and hope you can make it to London,for another show ,next summer. smileys with beer

It certainly wouldn't be the worst idea ever, but I don't know. We'll see... smiling smiley

Date: July 20, 2014 16:19

A great read indeed, WarMachine!

One question: You discovered the Stones superficially as late as 1997. At the same time you're saying that Keith probably hasn't been near the top of his game for a long time. It would be interesting to know which time frame you're thinking of here?

Thanks again for a great review thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2014 17:32

Manofwealthandtaste
One thing I noticed and I thought a little unusual....there were no tour posters around any of the cities I was in announcing that the Stones were in town. OK, they were sold out, but usually you see some promotion of the Stones performing in town by way of a billboard or a simple poster pasted onto a lamp post/phone box/etc.
probably they were all snatched up already? on this tour it was very unlikely to find stuff like ticket stubs in the parking lots

Date: July 20, 2014 17:41

paulywaul
How was your Rolling Stones European Tour ?

F***ing great !!
impressive tour, expressive words; i have to agree sir.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 21, 2014 00:08

I loved it. I saw two shows - Lisbon and Paris -and both shows were fantastic. Unfortunately work commitments meant that I could not get to more shows. My dream was to spend a week or so travelling around Europe seeing Stones shows but it wasn't to be. Still, I have been very lucky - I saw both O2 shows and both Hyde Park shows. So I've seen 6 shows in the last 18 months which I really can't complain about.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 22, 2014 01:10

paulywaul
How was your Rolling Stones European Tour ?

F***ing great !!

What he said

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 22, 2014 07:36

These Euro shows were probably the most enthusiastic and largest audiences we have had in some time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-22 18:54 by Brstonesfan.

Date: July 22, 2014 10:37

There were so many youngsters under 30ish ,and good to see loads of teenagers wanting to get right up front.

Four generations of fans attended those shows.

Every gig was 100 % success for the fans and The Rolling Stones.

They were that good.

I was definitely not in the younger generations ,but there were still a lot of fans I met and saw, who were 10 years older than me.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: July 22, 2014 12:27

For me Berlin, Vienna and Stockholm. I couln't write anything better than this:

Manofwealthandtaste
I saw three shows on this tour..... I am not one to analyse each gig, song by song, and say which was best. I enjoyed them all 'in the moment' each with their own atmosphere.... One thing I noticed and I thought a little unusual....there were no tour posters around any of the cities I was in announcing that the Stones were in town. OK, they were sold out, but usually you see some promotion of the Stones performing in town by way of a billboard or a simple poster pasted onto a lamp post/phone box/etc.....

As someone wrote on this board, your feeling about a show depends also on so many personal parameters, such as your place in the venue, the people you meet, your own mood etc..

Looking forwards to Australia !!

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: July 22, 2014 23:32

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: July 23, 2014 23:18

I attend in three shows:
second hyde park - what a great venue to see the stones, what a great atomosphere
waldbuhne - great venue as well and the sun
dusseldorf - great setlist WAY and SFM on one show
Rumors about london next year make me happy.

Date: July 24, 2014 00:28

thumbs up

Posted by: WarMachine ()
Date: July 31, 2014 13:23

DandelionPowderman

One question: You discovered the Stones superficially as late as 1997. At the same time you're saying that Keith probably hasn't been near the top of his game for a long time. It would be interesting to know which time frame you're thinking of here?

Oops, I missed this one. Thanks for the compliments! Very much appreciated.

Back in the superficial introduction days I don't think I paid a lot of attention to Keith's playing. On the decline I probably started paying more attention around the time when the 50 & Counting tour began as it was maybe that fall when the Stones really became my favorite band. This then lead to listening to many live recordings, whether official releases or bootlegs, and it became quite evident that it was during the Bigger Bang tour when the decline really began. But then again, Keith has had his on and off nights on every tour, so... But at the end of the day, it's a good thing I always prefer simple/easy licks and solos to excessive noodling. smiling smiley

Date: July 31, 2014 17:47

WarMachine
DandelionPowderman

Oops, I missed this one. Thanks for the compliments! Very much appreciated.

Back in the superficial introduction days I don't think I paid a lot of attention to Keith's playing. On the decline I probably started paying more attention around the time when the 50 & Counting tour began as it was maybe that fall when the Stones really became my favorite band. This then lead to listening to many live recordings, whether official releases or bootlegs, and it became quite evident that it was during the Bigger Bang tour when the decline really began. But then again, Keith has had his on and off nights on every tour, so... But at the end of the day, it's a good thing I always prefer simple/easy licks and solos to excessive noodling. smiling smiley

does "discovering superficially" include seeing them live in 1997?
because i first saw them in 1999 and needless to say i was very impressed.
as i was 10years old at the time, you could talk about a life-altering event.
i second your point about powerful licks opposed to aimless noodling. funnily,
the Keef moment i remember most vivid from my first concert was him noodling
on Chuck's keyboard during HTW. it sounded like a piglet being tickled. mind
you i was "encouraged" by my parents at the time to learn the piano, but it
was seeing that Keef could play it what made me serious about it.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home