Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick's fitness regime
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: July 3, 2014 04:37

I stand 5ft 11 inches tall. Few months back I used to weigh 84kg , but after lot of workouts,I have reduced it to 78.However I would like to be slim like Mick Jagger.The workouts which I normaly is skiping and crunch.can anyone tell me what he does to be in perfect shape?

Re: Mick's fitness regime
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 3, 2014 04:51

mate 78kg on 5ft 11in is a great size, Mick stands about 5ft 7in and would weigh in my estimate 68kg he is a fairly slight man, though he has excellent muscle tone (wellness clinic my guess) and very a high aerobic capacity, bought about by a lifetime of exercise and good food.

We are about the same size, I fluctuate between 78 and 84 depending on the season, winter now so i'm round 83-84kg, summer 78-79kg, any smaller and I look weedy and drawn.

I used to weigh 96kg when I played rugby and worked out daily, but I couldn't support that size anymore.

78kg is an awesome wieght, just build muscle, protein if your under 35 and Testorone replacement if your over 45

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 3, 2014 05:15

Go check out Zuzka's page!
[www.zuzkalight.com]

She has great workouts that are fun, easy to do around the house and short so they don't take up much time out of your day and you can easily do them 5 times a week.

If nothing else, she is smoking hot as so enjoy her videos smiling smiley

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2014 08:07

SKILLS
Mick stands about 5ft 7in

Man, he's shrunk in that case, or the early publicity info describing him as 5 ft. 10 was exaggerating. (And he MAY actually have shrunk--I have, I'm an inch and a half shorter than I used to be! Three inches for Mick seems unlikely, though.)

Posted by: Loose ()
Date: July 3, 2014 09:49

Mick is defintely around 5 ft 10 inches. Funny how often people insist he is shorter.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 3, 2014 10:05

Loose
Mick is defintely around 5 ft 10 inches. Funny how often people insist he is shorter.

I met George Harrison once, and he's always been listed as 5'11". In Beatle boots perhaps, but not when I met him.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 3, 2014 10:24

pftw04
I stand 5ft 11 inches tall. Few months back I used to weigh 84kg , but after lot of workouts,I have reduced it to 78.However I would like to be slim like Mick Jagger.The workouts which I normaly is skiping and crunch.can anyone tell me what he does to be in perfect shape?

Google a height/weight chart. Your weight should be within a given range for your height. 78kg sounds at the bottom end of the range for a person of 5' 11''.

MJ looks like he has a very low bodyfat % to me.

Do you only do skipping and crunches?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 3, 2014 11:34

What is 5 ft 11 inch in centimetres? Mick looks to be around 176 ( 1 meter 76 centimetres)

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2014 11:53

Slim is not the same as skinny. It sounds as if you are now slim. if you lost more, you'd probably be heading for skinny.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 3, 2014 12:04

Come On
What is 5 ft 11 inch in centimetres? Mick looks to be around 176 ( 1 meter 76 centimetres)

I looked it up...he is 1,80 in cm...really? Dylan can be something like 1,63 and Tom Waits and Neil Young 1,90....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 3, 2014 12:15

He was an avid runner in the 80’s, though I don’t know if he still is today. I also recall seeing footage of him backstage on the ’81 tour doing a lot of sit-ups. More recently, I’ve read that he does ballet & pilates, but I haven’t actually heard/read anything from Mick himself to support that. However, I can see evidence classical dance training in his moves in recent years that wasn’t present earlier. I assume he does many different things to keep fit & limber and eats healthy foods. He’s very small boned, has virtually no body fat, and in person looks very, very thin (but w/ great muscle tone). It works for him, and he does look great, but I’m not sure that the desire to obtain his level of uber-thinness is a positive thing (and it’s not even possible unless you have a tiny-boned frame like Mick’s). Your weight seems excellent for your height and you’re keeping fit, so, IMHO, best not to worry about trying to attain the superskinny look. Also, if a person’s weight is too low for their frame, the face will often look older & hollow. Lastly, and I don’t know if this is a factor or not, most ladies would prefer to be thinner than their husbands/boyfriends, not the other way around winking smiley

Date: July 3, 2014 12:38

Regarding Micks height, I stood right next to him in '81 (I was 5'9" / 175.26cm in heels) and he appeared to be just slightly taller. His shoes were flat (I'd estimate no more than 1/2 inch), and based on all of the above, I recall concluding at the time that he must be about 5'9" tall. The 5'7" estimate seems low to me. I'll bet he's done all one can do to prevent shrinkage (pilates, inversion boots, etc). He also has those very special sneakers to give him a "lift"winking smiley. After 6'3" L'Wren entered his life, funny how he suddenly stood noticeably taller that the rest of the guys in the group shots!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 3, 2014 13:40

I went to "La Fourchette" in 1987. Mick was there in the park. I stood at about 200 yards from him. I am 5.7 and I thought that he wasn't much taller than me. Then the gardener kicked me out of the property....
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2014 13:50

According to this article from 2013 [www.news.com.au] he still runs

The 69-year-old swears by ballet to help his balance, and also studies yoga and pilates. His routine also includes running eight miles a day, swimming, kickboxing and cycling. The star's workouts are masterminded by Torje Eike, a Norwegian personal trainer whose previous clients include Olympic athletes and national football teams.

"I train five or six days a week, but I don't go crazy. I alternate between gym work and dancing, then I do sprints, things like that. I'm training for stamina," he revealed.

Ahead of a show, he says his routine involves "bed early the night before, about 2am. Up at 10am the next morning. Any earlier, you'll be too relaxed by showtime." The Rolling Stones are currently in the middle of their 50th anniversary tour, and are scheduled to play at the Glastonbury Festival and in Hyde Park this summer.

If you want to slim down, slow jogging (or fast waking) is they key, one hour a day and it just burns off the fat (on top of the cardiovascular benefits) but you'll only look like Mick if you have the right build :

You can guess which one he is ;-)

As for his weight I'd be surprised if he were above 60kg...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 13:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 3, 2014 13:51

pftw04

Mick's body fat is at extremely low level, his muscle fitness is better than you would think because he just looks so slim. in 2006 he had maybe stronger arms than now, I guess he had trained them quite a lot back then, I looked how he moved in Stockholm and it was just spectacular for a 70 year old man, it was like a 40 year old man who is in a very good shape.

Date: July 3, 2014 14:40

rollmops
I went to "La Fourchette" in 1987. Mick was there in the park. I stood at about 200 yards from him. I am 5.7 and I thought that he wasn't much taller than me. Then the gardener kicked me out of the property....
Rock and roll,
Mops

Respectfully, 200 yards is quite a distance to form an estimate, imo. He was approximately 18 inches from my face (possibly less) in 1981, and looked to be 5'9" (based on my own height in heels and his height in relation to mine, factoring in the shoes he was wearing). In any event, he looks great, and is definitely large & in charge onstage smiling smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 3, 2014 14:47

Beast
Slim is not the same as skinny. It sounds as if you are now slim. if you lost more, you'd probably be heading for skinny.

I prefer the word "lean" than either of those. smileys with beer

Drew

Posted by: divinocalvo ()
Date: July 3, 2014 16:35

He was called Mick JOGGER at that time...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:49

5 foot 9 or 10.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: July 4, 2014 00:20

No way Mick is as tall as 5'10 still, but I doubt he's shrunk all the way to 5'7. He's probably 5'9 or so

Wyman is the one who's 5'7

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 4, 2014 04:45

<<No way Mick is as tall as 5'10 still>>

Why not? Just because you are 70, does not automatically mean that you have to shrink.

That shrinking effect has to do with contraction of connective tissue between the bones of the spine--but your actual bones remain the same length regardless.

With Mick's fitness regimen, always stretching and so on, no doubt he has retained all his height.

It's Keith who has shrunk a bit. You can see it in the band photographs of recent years, how there appears to be a difference of several inches between Mick and Keith, when originally there was less than an inch of difference between the two (Keith was listed as five foot nine and a half).

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 4, 2014 07:42

stonehearted

Why not? Just because you are 70, does not automatically mean that you have to shrink.

Pretty much yes it does.

[bodyodd.nbcnews.com]

From the linked article
"A little bit of shrinking is a normal part of aging, and it happens because of three things, basically," Raj says. First, as we age, the discs between our vertebrates lose fluid, so they flatten a bit and your vertebrates "simply come together, so your spine is actually shrinking a little bit," Raj explains.

The arches of your feet also tend to flatten a bit as we age. Finally, we lose muscle mass as we age -- especially in our abdomen, which leads to poorer posture -- which gives the appearance of being shorter.

On average, we shrink about a quarter to a third of an inch per decade for every decade after 40. All told, men will get about 1.2 to 1.5 inches shorter, and women will lose up to 2 inches, by age 70. "For men it's less prominent because they have more muscle mass in general and their bones tend to be stronger they lose less height," Raj says.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 4, 2014 10:21

It is an easy bet that Mick has been doing exercises that minimize old age height shrinkage. They may be specific or just a by product of his overall regime. Keith doing none of this is a good shrinkage comparison.

At MJ's age he is doing less aerobics and more stretching, yoga, tai-chi, kung-fu etc. None of this running 7 miles a day stuff as in former years. Too tiring and too hard on the system at age 70.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 4, 2014 11:02

Long John Stoner
stonehearted

Pretty much yes it does.

No, it doesn't actually.

As I pointed out above, so-called shrinkage is evident from the upper body. If Mick had shrunk, then he would appear somewhat hunched and stoop-shouldered, and we see that this is not the case.

Date: July 4, 2014 17:26

Long John Stoner
stonehearted

Pretty much yes it does.

[bodyodd.nbcnews.com]

From the linked article
"A little bit of shrinking is a normal part of aging, and it happens because of three things, basically," Raj says. First, as we age, the discs between our vertebrates lose fluid, so they flatten a bit and your vertebrates "simply come together, so your spine is actually shrinking a little bit," Raj explains.

The arches of your feet also tend to flatten a bit as we age. Finally, we lose muscle mass as we age -- especially in our abdomen, which leads to poorer posture -- which gives the appearance of being shorter.

On average, we shrink about a quarter to a third of an inch per decade for every decade after 40. All told, men will get about 1.2 to 1.5 inches shorter, and women will lose up to 2 inches, by age 70. "For men it's less prominent because they have more muscle mass in general and their bones tend to be stronger they lose less height," Raj says.

No one has to settle for muscle mass atrophy as they get older, although if we don't weight train, the rate of atrophy increases with each passing decade. There is no reason whatsoever why people in their 60s and 70s cannot maintain a good level of muscle mass and strength with proper training and a good diet. Muscle growth will be a bit slower as you get older, as will fat loss, but getting weaker and fatter is simply a lifestyle choice!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:28

My excellent back doctor says "WALK...WALK...WALK and STRETCH...STRETCH...STRETCH.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 4, 2014 19:42

chop
No way Mick is as tall as 5'10 still, but I doubt he's shrunk all the way to 5'7. He's probably 5'9 or so

Wyman is the one who's 5'7
I had a good look at him in Hyde Park last year and his back is perfectly straight and he has got an amazing posture

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 5, 2014 08:24

Father Ted
Long John Stoner
stonehearted

Pretty much yes it does.

[bodyodd.nbcnews.com]

From the linked article

No one has to settle for muscle mass atrophy as they get older, although if we don't weight train, the rate of atrophy increases with each passing decade. There is no reason whatsoever why people in their 60s and 70s cannot maintain a good level of muscle mass and strength with proper training and a good diet. Muscle growth will be a bit slower as you get older, as will fat loss, but getting weaker and fatter is simply a lifestyle choice!

I'll take science.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 5, 2014 08:53

According to the rest of the linked article, the science is that age-related shrinking is not a total inevitability:

"But you can stop yourself from shrinking too much by regularly exercising -- especially weight-bearing exercises like jogging or running, or other activities that work the legs and the hips. A diet rich in vitamin D and calcium also helps -- try almonds, broccoli or kale, or you can take supplements. One last trick: Maintaining a good posture keeps your bones healthy, and keeps stress off your vertebrae."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 08:57 by Beast.

Date: July 5, 2014 18:42

Beast
According to the rest of the linked article, the science is that age-related shrinking is not a total inevitability:

"But you can stop yourself from shrinking too much by regularly exercising -- especially weight-bearing exercises like jogging or running, or other activities that work the legs and the hips. A diet rich in vitamin D and calcium also helps -- try almonds, broccoli or kale, or you can take supplements. One last trick: Maintaining a good posture keeps your bones healthy, and keeps stress off your vertebrae."

Exactly. Regular exercise and a healthy can offset some of the physical effects of ageing.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home