Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones museum in the works?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2014 16:02

Mick Jagger visits the ABBA museum, June 30.

The Rolling Stones are planning a museum

The Rolling Stones are planning to set up a museum of their own in London.

Mick Jagger checked out the popular ABBA Museum in Stockholm to "get inspiration" for their project.

"That's why he visited our place," says Bjorn Ulvaeus of the legendary Swedish group.

Rock star Mick Jagger made a private visit to one of the top spots of every tourist's itinerary in the Swedish capital: The ABBA Museum, located in the vast Djurgarden park.

Security guards protected the star when he left the landmark Grand Hotel just opposite the Royal Castle through a backdoor on Monday night. From there he was brought to the ABBA site where he got a private tour.

"I heard he was on his way. I suspect something similar will be built for the Stones in London. That's why he wanted to have a look at our place," says Swedish superstar Bjorn Ulvaeus, one of the four members of the long-defunct ABBA group.

"An inspirational visit"

Ing-Marie Halling is a curator at the ABBA Museum. She confirms the Stones museum plans.

"It was an inspirational visit. He said they have saved lots of clothes to exhibit. He was very cute and asked a thousand questions," she said.

Mick Jagger took many pictures with his smartphone during the one-hour-long visit. He also took the opportunity to appear as one of the ABBA stars. Like any tourist he went on stage where you can "perform" together with ABBA in a hologram projection.

"He was very curious and asked practical questions," says Ing-Marie Halling.

- Johannes Selåker

[www.expressen.se]

Re: Stones museum in the works?
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 1, 2014 16:27

This would only work properly if Wyman was on board.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 1, 2014 16:45

There's already a Stones-Fan-Museum in Lüchow, Germany (Lüchow is located in Wendland, eastwards the half way between Hamburg and Brunswick).

Posted by: basti ()
Date: July 1, 2014 16:47

Yes, I was there last year on my birthday ....
Great Museum

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:10

Irix
There's already a Stones-Fan-Museum in Lüchow, Germany (Lüchow is located in Wendland, eastwards the half way between Hamburg and Brunswick).

Yup, great museum, there´s everything Stones fans want to see. So if Mick wants to open a own museum, he have to contact Uli Schröder (owner of the Lüchow museum). ;-)

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:17

The Stones fan museum is great because it is featuring nice memorabilia items like tshirts and all that stuff.

But if the Stones open a museum it might be even more interesting... image what stuff they have to show... unseen video footage,personal pics from the tours, setlists, guitars etc...

Image what a museum shop could be like... If they do it right it could be awesome. They could easily offer recordings of concerts in the shop because if they open a museum I think Jagger will have recognized that they could get more money from opening the vaults instead of doing something new.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:24

That would be a very smart move by Jagger!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:28

I thought Sticky Fingers Restaurant WAS the Stones museum.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:43

The Stonesfanmuseum in Lüchow has a huge collection of Ronnie Wood Artworks and Sebastian Krüger and other Artists, a few of mine as well, Signed guitars and the huge Stones signed pooltable, I went to visit the Museum again a few months ago and it was amazing to see that there are so many new Stones related items again.
Go and check it out.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:54

About time! I will be a regular visitor, and I will have yet another excuse for going to swinging London city! What else can a poor boy do?

Bjornulf

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 1, 2014 17:55

They should just open Matt Lee´s rooms to the public smoking smiley

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: July 1, 2014 18:23

I prefer next tour then museum.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: July 1, 2014 20:02

I remember there was talk of setting up a Stones museum / exhibition at the Mick Jagger Centre in Dartford a few years back.

This was quickly stopped allegedly by MJ himself who was quoted as saying "I ain't no museum piece yet"!!!

How times change.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 1, 2014 20:50

bisonvodka
I prefer next tour then museum.

Me too. I hope they will take our good advice.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 1, 2014 21:28

This is certainly a great idea. A good reason to travel to London, you're right BV.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 1, 2014 21:38

At least they'll have a proper place to store their guitars.

It also means that Video Rewind will literally be coming to life, or coming to reality, or to a museum near you, or something.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 1, 2014 21:39

Wow---far out--fantastic news! I'd love to consult on this project (my co, Living Archives, is all about
bringing history to life through interactive experiences, exhibitions, multiple media storytelling, etc,
focusing on mid/late 20th C social, cultural, and musical history -- and favorite band is the Stones, obvi!
And otherwise, will love to visit many many MANY times!

- swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-01 21:43 by swiss.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 1, 2014 21:51

Physical real-life museum = cool.
Digital museum with all recordings ever made available on-demand = what I am really interested in.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 1, 2014 22:47

Kaisan
Irix

Yup, great museum, there´s everything Stones fans want to see. So if Mick wants to open a own museum, he have to contact Uli Schröder (owner of the Lüchow museum). ;-)

I saw the owner of this museum at the show in Düsseldorf. He was standing very left in one of the first 10 rows on the Ronnie Wood side in the 1st FoS, during Satisfaction (or maybe also during the whole show).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-01 22:47 by Ladykiller.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 1, 2014 22:52

It certainly would be a very fun excuse to visit London. It's nice that Mick seems to be more comfortable now celebrating their past. Don't hear him much these days pooh poohing nostalgia.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 2, 2014 00:29

stonehearted
At least they'll have a proper place to store their guitars.

It also means that Video Rewind will literally be coming to life, or coming to reality, or to a museum near you, or something.

Yeah, Keith did mention a museum when he talked about his ca. 3000 guitars he has.
He can still use them when he needs 'em.

"Pierre, go and fetch me exhibit #1357 and #399 for next week"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 00:31 by open-g.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2014 03:59

Now this makes some sense:

“The interesting thing to come out of it is that we are now exclusive representatives for the Rolling Stones Memorabilia Tour which is a very exciting project.” The tour will launch next year in London and is essentially a mobile museum of personal items connected to the Rolling Stones. The tour is run by iEC and Rush has been appointed to secure a suite of sponsors including the presenting partner and other brands which get category exclusivity. It doesn’t stop there.

[www.forbes.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 2, 2014 04:55

Cristiano Radtke
Now this makes some sense:

“The interesting thing to come out of it is that we are now exclusive representatives for the Rolling Stones Memorabilia Tour which is a very exciting project.” The tour will launch next year in London and is essentially a mobile museum of personal items connected to the Rolling Stones. The tour is run by iEC and Rush has been appointed to secure a suite of sponsors including the presenting partner and other brands which get category exclusivity. It doesn’t stop there.

[www.forbes.com]

Thanks so much for sharing, Cristiano! Completely fascinating.

They got the idea from the Hard Rock Memorabilia Bus that toured America in 2011.
I checked out the bus when it was in San Francisco -- tons of fun! As well as a party
afterward where I tuned and held Jimi's guitar and my friend played Brian's Jones' Vox
Phantom teardrop guitar. Not sure my photos here on Facebook will show up or not,
but some are pretty cool.

- swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 01:39 by swiss.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2014 05:02

swiss

Thanks so much for sharing, Cristiano! Completely fascinating.

They got the idea here -- I checked out the bus when it was in
San Francisco -- as well as a party afterward where I tuned and held Jimi's
guitar and my friend played Brian's Jones' teardrop. Not sure my photos
here on Facebook
will show up or not, but some are pretty cool.

- swiss

Thanks for the pics! We can see it was a wonderful day to you. smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 2, 2014 05:17

<<The tour will launch next year in London and is essentially a mobile museum of personal items connected to the Rolling Stones.>>

So, does this mean that next year, in lieu of a concert tour, they'll instead be sending around a collection of their stuff, the way Elvis once sent his car on tour, just as a means of keeping the brand up front in the public eye while they take a year or two off with solo projects?

Elvis' Gold Cadillac on display at the press conference - Sydney Trocadero, Australia, January 17, 1968 - See more at: [www.elvis.com.au]

Date: July 2, 2014 05:42

"So, does this mean that next year, in lieu of a concert tour, they'll instead be sending around a collection of their stuff"

No.

2015 dates in South America have long been rumored, and Charlie recently told witer Diego Pierri "Argentina is in our plans".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 05:44 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:07

bye bye johnny
He also took the opportunity to appear as one of the ABBA stars. Like any tourist he went on stage where you can "perform" together with ABBA in a hologram projection.

...Please, please, please, please, please... put it out on DVD.
Open that vault!!

Agneta, Anni-Frid, Björn and Brenda.
Hell YEAH!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:36

RoughJusticeOnYa
bye bye johnny
He also took the opportunity to appear as one of the ABBA stars. Like any tourist he went on stage where you can "perform" together with ABBA in a hologram projection.

...Please, please, please, please, please... put it out on DVD.
Open that vault!!

Agneta, Anni-Frid, Björn and Brenda.
Hell YEAH!! >grinning smiley<

I wonder as which Abba member he performed, was it Benny?

I regret I didn't have time to visit the Abba museum now that I'm in Stockholm but I've heard that place is very high-end place, they have done great work with that place, so no wonder if Jagger was interested in that place. And I have always been a GREAT Agnetha fan, including her solo career, one of the great female singers IMO!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:10

rollingon

I wonder as which Abba member he performed, was it Benny?

More likely Agnetha - showing a nice Butt ..... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 13:45 by Irix.

Date: July 2, 2014 15:41

Fishwrap tabloid The Daily Star reports that a "desperate" Mick, riding in a limo with blacked out windows, made a top secret, after-hours visit to the ABBA museum via a 'hidden entrance".

That hidden entrance...

Stefan Söderström/Expressen

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home