Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Berlin Waldbühne 10 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2014 00:11

Thank you for those fine clips, Heart for Stones!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 00:38

Just got back London and feel so privileged to be a fan of this band and to have been in their presence in Berlin. What a performance. Did not mean to.upset anyone with my Scarf me comment especially Keith, who I worship.and respect. After so many years and in spite of the arthritis affecting his hands, he still capable of giving the audience moments of true musical beauty. I have never expected perfection from this band, as I have said before they are indeed, perfect imperfection, their rawness represents pure musical genius. Their love and knowledge of music is indisputable. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but it was a great performance. Thank you for the photos, I was sitting in F, with a shitty camera phone, so I only took a couple S souvenir. Looking forward to reports from the remaining concerts. Wish I could be at one or two more. Would sell my soul, but as my mum says, nobody wants to buy it!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:07

Poor quality pic, but I loved their little interaction on the catwalk here. Seems to be a lot more interaction with Keith and Mick on this leg of the tour.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2014 05:17

jacollini
And for some there were "additional attractions" like being allowed by security to jump over the railings during Brown Sugar smiling smiley
i actually managed to do that twice. the upper one at daylight (because Out Of Control!), then the lower one as they started with Rambler. those weren't so much railings, rather 3m high massive stonewalls. so the fall kinda hurt. anyway i somehow tore my left shoe apart during the warhorse section, so whatever. somebody earlier said something about being able to move around to change sightlines, amen to that. best concert setting ever (for me so far)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-13 05:29 by Nikkei.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 13, 2014 05:53

bv
This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones Waldbühne show in Berlin, Germany on 10 June 2014. Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Is that how water is served (in the tall clear bottle) or is that a retail brand? Or is it just filled with tap water?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 13, 2014 06:06

Did anybody get a Berlin poster, meaning did it exist? They only seemed to have one poster, pre-rolled, and when I unrolled mine it was just the generic 14-on-Fire poster. sad smiley I got the Tshirt, and wish I'd got more stuff for others who couldn't be there, but it was a madhouse and I was half dead from climbing back up all those stairs . .

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2014 07:04

Aqua, there's a Berlin poster in the UK online store, like the t shirt.
Looks like they are still here:
[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

So glad you had a good show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-13 07:16 by angee.

Date: June 13, 2014 07:15

angee
Aqua, there was a Berlin poster in the UK online store, like the t shirt.
Looks like they might be gone now.

So glad you had a good show.

I tried to buy one and they said "you asked for three [I didn't] but we only have two," so they wouldn't let me order at all. sad smiley Guess it's eBay for me.

But yes, it was a fantastic show--thanks! :-)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2014 07:18

Oh, wow, Aqua.
I see. Had you tried that link above that I just added into my post?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 13, 2014 07:33

No, but I took a final shot at it and the order finally went through, yay!! Thanks for your help! :-)

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:00

Topi
Good job getting the pick, wickerman! It hit my finger before falling into your feet. I was the one saying "gut gemacht,ich hab zwei" winking smiley

Lol, yeah, that was my lucky day! Do you know how many picks does Keith usually throws during the show? I'd say 2-3 max?

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:17

Aquamarine
Did anybody get a Berlin poster, meaning did it exist? They only seemed to have one poster, pre-rolled, and when I unrolled mine it was just the generic 14-on-Fire poster. sad smiley I got the Tshirt, and wish I'd got more stuff for others who couldn't be there, but it was a madhouse and I was half dead from climbing back up all those stairs . .

When I came back from frontrow everything I was interested in was sold out:

Berlin shirt, Berlin poster, program

Asked if they will sell leftovers in Düsseldorf then. No , sold out :-( (except program of course..)

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-13 16:19 by electricmud.

Date: June 13, 2014 16:31

Really regret not getting the t-shirt. You can never have too many Stones t- shirts. Thinking about it.....

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 17:34

So I have finally sorted my pictures and I am ready to post my little review of this fabulous night I will vividly remember for the rest of my life.

It was an exciting event from the moment I managed to score a standing ticket in the Bild presale, just as I am sure it was for all those who were there inside this very special venue. I went there to take a walk the evening before the show and there were about 10 people waiting already, incl. this young couple in a tent , that as somebody else wrote have been fans since 3 months ago :-) Nice.

We all knew in advance it would be hot in many ways. Sun and 34°C is really not a perfect weather for a long waiting and I seriously considered to come later in order not to be exhausted before the show even started. In the end I arrived to the venue at 4.30 p.m., half an hour before the gates opened and this half an hour was actually the most demanding, since it was on a direct sun. I drank more water than during the whole day. The fact that we were allowed to take only 0,5 l of water inside was a bit scary at this point.

Okay, shortly after 5 p.m. the gates opened and in a couple of minutes I was down there in the pit. It was great to find out that the front of the pit was already in a shadow of the shelter above the stage. Those 3,5 hours before The Stones hit the stage went by really fast and the weather was actually no problem at all. I didn't even drink that 0,5 l of water I had with me.

At 7.25 The Temperance Movement started to play. A support band is usually something that one has to suffer through, but even though the best part of their show was when they left the stage, since it meant that The Stones would be on soon, I have to say that they were really good. They rocked. I believe they could be quite big if they were born 40 or 50 years earlier. It is great that there are good young bands playing this kind of music, but it is sad that they can never really get the following they would deserve nowadays.

7.55 - The Temperance Movement is off the stage and we have to wait a bit more. During this time I spotted Joe Perry from Aerosmith on the stage and thought that Aerosmith, that played in Berlin the night before, might actually join The Stones on the stage for a number. It didn't happen though.

8.35 and The Stones hit the stage. It has been 7 years for me since I saw them the last time, and here they are. Keith hits the Start Me Up intro in the Hyde Park way (well, not exactly, but it was wrong anyway) and is all smiles. I can't help myself but smile too. He f...d it up! Yeeeesss!

From this very moment the show is absolutely fantastic. The Stones are obviously having a great time, which is the most important and most pleasant thing. As I wrote, it was my first show since 2007 and so I was mostly curious about Keith. And he was...great. He played really well, did his Keith Richards thing - kicking the air and throwing hands, interacting with the audiance, BUT he never posed just for the sake of posing as he did so often on The Bigger Bang Tour. The music was always first and he delivered. There were some bum notes of course, but those didn't take away anything from his playing. His timing and unique sence of rhythm is as good as it has ever been. He even did a very nice solo on Sympathy. They had actually some problems getting into the song, first Charlie had to sort some problem with his headphones and then Mick waited a couple of bars before he started to sing. But this problem seemed to get them all really focussed. The Sympathy was great. Speaking about mistakes, during the second pre-chorus of Out Of Control was Mick ahead of the rest of the band. It didn't sound wrong actually, just different. He sang "Now I'm out" twice at the beginnig of the chorus and got back on the right timing.

Now Mick - there is this one obvious thing everyone has to wonder and ask. The man will be 71 the next month. How the hell can he run the stage back and forth for more than two hours and work the crowd like he did 30 years ago and deliver absolutely perfect singing on top of all that? The thing is, that this thought runs through your head during the first song. Then you just think...well...it is Mick Jagger, what else to expect? It is simple as that. I believe he might do his thing in 15 years from now and it would still look absolutely natural. It is Mick Jagger, right? What else should we expect. :-)

Charlie - what can one say about the best drummer in the world? Actually one can wonder pretty much the same thing as about Mick. Charlie doesn't run much during the show :-), but to drum for more than two hours is a serious physical work. Yet he is there, effortlessly hitting the skins, smiling all the time. There was this moment during Midnight Rambler, when the guitars got a bit off the rhythm for a couple of seconds. Charlie gave his drums two or three really strong beats (it sounded almost angry) and put the whole train back on the track immediately. You know instantly what is he there for. And yea, the introduction - Charlie had to be introduced twice, since he didn't show up the first time. Mick seemed to be almost worried, when he said "Who will be drumming?"

Ronnie - his interaction with Keith was spectacular (as was the interaction among the whole band really). I personally didn't notice a single bum note on his part, he was absolutely steady and reliable. The most enjoyable part of the guitar work was probably Midnight Rambler, when Mick Taylor joined the band. It was the first time I saw him and I was really impressed by his playing. All three guitar sounded amazing on this song. Of course, there is this endless discussion why doesn't he play on more songs (even though the acoustic guitar on Satisfaction is nice, the song can do without it just as well). I think it is pointless. He delivers great on MR and that is all that matters. Speaking about Midnight Rambler - I was among those who Mick baptized from the cup he drank from :-)

As for the setlist, it was pretty much the same as on other dates, so no "club" thing there, Out Of Control, Get Off Of My Cloud and Waiting On a Friend (which Mick dedicated to the Berlin airport - I wonder what happened to them there) were the "surprises" thrown in. I personally could not care less, and would not mind seeing / hearing exactly the same setlist again.

How to summarize it? It was only my 4th Rolling Stones gig. The first one was in Prague in 2003, where we were standing right by the B-stage. I didn't know much about the band back then, but was absolutely blown away by them and became hooked. In 2006 in Berlin I was sitting really up and far away from the stage, but had an amazing time anyway. In 2007 in Brno, I was in the FOS and had a splendid time, despite Keith's playing was not 100%. But I still hoped to see them one more time and get a perfect Rolling Stones gig, where I would be really close and and the whole band would be on fire. It happened in Berlin and it was in this absolutely amazing venue with an amazing acoustics. And it gets even better - I will see them again on Monday in Vienna! :-)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 13, 2014 18:06

Loved the review and all those great pics.

The Stones are genuinely enjoying every single show,I am sure. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 13, 2014 18:14

Wow really Nice pics, thanks

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2014 18:28

Thanks for the beautiful review and splendid photos, Happy24!
You must be a great runner to arrive at 16:30 and get so close to the stage.
It looks like you were standing on those strangely-positioned cement steps that comprise the front few rows

Date: June 13, 2014 18:39

Thanks sssoul! I was actually not on those steps, I was some maybe 2 meters behind. But still pretty close :-) Those people on the steps luckily didn't obscure the view fro where I was (next to the catwalk), but I noticed a buch of guys on a side of the stage that were really towering above those poor people behind them.

And to be honest I didn't really run for the stage. I arrived at 16.30 and there was a looong line to the side entrance a looot of people in front of the main entrance. I just went to the most distant gate (close to the place where the lucky dips were to be collected), where there were not many people in front of me. I didn't push myself anywhere, just stood and waited and I was in within 5 minutes after the gates opened. I guess I was lucky with choosing my spot :-)

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:00

great photos Happy24 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:05

Mick T looks like he's in pain! Or not having much fun.

Maybe not enough fun.

Probably not enough fun.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:13

I was having issues with my camera in the pit. Maybe I talked to you. I was the guy with the 64gb SD card and my camera would only support up to 32gb. Was looking to trade. I had space for 4 pictures on my camera's internal storage, so I was constantly deleting and keeping the top 4. After dusk I gave up and enjoyed the show, but here's a nice one of Mick: http://instagram.com/p/pMKVRlsdv_/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-13 19:20 by joshbg2k.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:15

Fantastic Happy!
So you are just a few steps away from me, as I was near to the cement steps.
So who are you on this photo, can you see yourself?

[twitter.com]

Date: June 13, 2014 19:18

Happy24 thanks for the lovely pictures and the review enjcool smileyfoy Vienna!

Date: June 13, 2014 19:20

Sorry this one works better:

scroll down to pic nr. 4

Date: June 13, 2014 19:22

Happy sorry I´m messing it all up:

Please got to page 4 of this thread, scroll down to pic nr. 4 - can you recognize yourself?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:27

I'm sort of bummed out about the MT situation, the fact that he removed himself from the final bows and doesn't look very happy up there with them anymore makes me sad. Sure he desperately needs the money so I don't see him going anywhere but it's just sort of unfortunate the way this has played out with him.

Date: June 13, 2014 19:52

caschimann
Happy sorry I´m messing it all up:

Please got to page 4 of this thread, scroll down to pic nr. 4 - can you recognize yourself?

The 4th picture is from Ronnie's side and I was on Keith's. So I am definitely on the first picture on the page 4, but the resolution is too small to be able to recognize myself. On the first picture one can clearly see the backs of those tall guys on the steps the side - there are no people directly behind them, since it was probably impossible to see anything fro that place.

Anyway, I was hoping to meet some IORRirians there, which didn't happen, I was really surprised by the fact that everybody around me spoke German. During that waiting I haven't heard anybody speaking English. I spoke to one German guy next to me and I asked him whether he was on IORR. He said he was reading it, he was even registered, but didn't contribute. Which is a pitty, he really was a nice guy. His name was Jorg (if I got it correctly). So Jorg, if you are reading this - thanks for the nice chat again :-)

Date: June 13, 2014 19:54

joshbg2k
Maybe I talked to you. I was the guy with the 64gb SD card and my camera would only support up to 32gb.

No, you didn't speak to me - from the picture of Mick you posted (which is fabulous, by the way), I can see you were on Ronnie's side, while I was on Keith's

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: June 13, 2014 20:45

joshbg2k
I was having issues with my camera in the pit. Maybe I talked to you. I was the guy with the 64gb SD card and my camera would only support up to 32gb. Was looking to trade. I had space for 4 pictures on my camera's internal storage, so I was constantly deleting and keeping the top 4. After dusk I gave up and enjoyed the show, but here's a nice one of Mick: http://instagram.com/p/pMKVRlsdv_/

Great picture, but I don't understand you prefer to take pictures first instead of watching and expiering the show, expecially if you are so close.
I was in the pit too, but did not take one picture. Had a great time singing, dancing with friends and watching The Stones close up.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: June 13, 2014 21:14

Good Review and really close, good shots, thank you, Happy24

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home