Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Europe 2014
Posted by: novica ()
Date: June 9, 2014 12:43

maybe i'm wrong,
but i think that they haven't played ,so far, not even once ?confused smiley

Re: Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Europe 2014
Posted by: muffie ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:01

novica
maybe i'm wrong,
but i think that they haven't played ,so far, not even once ?confused smiley

That's right, not played yet. Wish they would. It's a number that makes Jagger look very sexy to the ladies (hint hint, if MJ's reading.. pls play it).

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:06

I think CYHMK and Sway are both very tricky and they never really performed these songs with easy. Keith is already struggling with e.g. the intro to Gimme Shelter (only playing it as a chord, not the individual notes) and many other songs, so I think it's a pretty big risk they don't want to take.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:20

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-10 17:06 by DiamondDog7.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:24

DiamondDog7
I remember something...

There are NO horns during this European tour. And no Bobby Keys. So I think they will not play CYHMK. :-(

No Bobby Keys? What?!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:33

DiamondDog7
I remember something...

There are NO horns during this European tour. And no Bobby Keys. So I think they will not play CYHMK. :-(

Bobby Keys and Tim Ries are playing on this tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:37

Must be someone's idea of a joke...the horns CARRIED "Rocks Off" at Pinkpop ;-)

Yeah, let's hope they play CYHMK or Sway at least once on this little trek...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:40

I remember DP saying that Keith had some difficulties to play the main riff during the rehearsals.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 9, 2014 13:57

The riff in the middle. The main riff was fine.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 9, 2014 14:01

Ah yes that's it. Thanks winking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: June 9, 2014 14:34

Dreaming they will play this song in Madrid

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 9, 2014 18:56

DandelionPowderman

not to belabor this point, but..

no need for him to play it really..he can leave it to Ronnie and or Taylor and the first solo is usually Bobby Keys'..

Keith would be playing those muted rhythm chops which aren't noted but are more percussive...?

am I wrong..?

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: June 9, 2014 20:19

dream to hear CYHMK and SWAY with Mick Taylor

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 9, 2014 20:33

jhrock83
dream to hear CYHMK and SWAY with Mick Taylor

I believe you've probably missed your dream by a year. Even the fanvotes now are devoid of any possibility of hearing Taylor, he's strictly Rambler Boy from now on.

Date: June 9, 2014 20:54

duke richardson
DandelionPowderman

no need for him to play it really..he can leave it to Ronnie and or Taylor and the first solo is usually Bobby Keys'..

Keith would be playing those muted rhythm chops which aren't noted but are more percussive...?

am I wrong..?

He has always played it, but there is no reason why he shouldn't let Ronnie do it, I agree.

Date: June 9, 2014 22:22

DandelionPowderman
duke richardson
DandelionPowderman

am I wrong..?

He has always played it, but there is no reason why he shouldn't let Ronnie do it, I agree.

its looking more like there's been a decision to once and for all limit Taylor's participation, for whatever reason..

hope I'm wrong.. I don't think theyre gonna play both Rambler and CYHMK..even if Keith was fine with all of Knocking..

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 9, 2014 22:41

DandelionPowderman

"Fine"? It never has been fine since STICKY FINGERS was released in 1971... No balls, no edge, no fire, no rock and roll... Keith's been always the weak link when playing this classic live, unfortunately. They should do, like solo Taylor does, just go straight to the instrumental part, and forget the beginning...

- Doxa

Date: June 9, 2014 23:41

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

"Fine"? It never has been fine since STICKY FINGERS was released in 1971... No balls, no edge, no fire, no rock and roll... Keith's been always the weak link when playing this classic live, unfortunately. They should do, like solo Taylor does, just go straight to the instrumental part, and forget the beginning...

- Doxa

I meant his playing was fine. Finding the SOUND of his guitar on the studio version again would be like finding the holy grail.

And, no, they should not skip the riff, all the lyrics or the brilliant choruses, imo smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-09 23:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2014 23:45

They rehearsed it in Oslo several times. Ask the same question one more time the day after tomorrow.

Bjornulf

Date: June 10, 2014 00:04

ok..

duly noted..
no pun intended
smileys with beer

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: June 10, 2014 00:05

Finding the SOUND of his guitar on the studio version again would be like finding the holy grail.

Amen brother! smileys with beer

Date: June 10, 2014 00:35

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

I meant his playing was fine. Finding the SOUND of his guitar on the studio version again would be like finding the holy grail.

And, no, they should not skip the riff, all the lyrics or the brilliant choruses, imo smiling smiley

Well. I don't think the secret in the original is just the "sound" in the means of having nothing do with the man and in his hands and attitude but just the guitar, the amp and mix... true that the modern live versions have very weak and lame guitar sounds, and the riffs suffer from that but it also has something to do with what the man does...

yes yes yes... skip all that. Jagger is always having problems how to deliver the song, and Keith sounds like a boyscout playing a flipper, not the caveman deciding to explode his guitar, amp and what else. The danger and threat that song manifests is totally out of their recent scope.

But the jam part always goes fine, be it Wood&Jagger or Taylor in charge. Not to forget Bobby and Charlie.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-10 00:39 by Doxa.

Date: June 10, 2014 00:40

If you listen to what he plays, it is actually pretty good on CYHMK. But that doesn't quite cut it, when the sound is too clean and gritless.

Date: June 10, 2014 00:48

DandelionPowderman
If you listen to what he plays, it is actually pretty good on CYHMK. But that doesn't quite cut it, when the sound is too clean and gritless.

Well, a guitarist is responsible for his sounds... and the sounds always affect on the way one plays (or one needs to keep the way the guitar sounds in mind while playing)... so no freepass for Keith. He sounds weak, makes the song sink, and that's it. Sorry.smoking smiley

Nothing is "pretty good" if it sounds lame... It's the result that matters...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: June 10, 2014 00:50

Technically pretty good, but the result is lame. The riff in the middle was technically beyond rusty smiling smiley

Date: June 10, 2014 00:52

Okay!grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 10, 2014 02:42

DandelionPowderman
Technically pretty good, but the result is lame. The riff in the middle was technically beyond rusty smiling smiley

Thing is, that middle part is much easier than the intro. I play a decent guitar and I can get that opening riff right if I REALLY focus. Keith needs a little more distortion (like on the SF version). But that middle part should not be a finger buster. It's the Monkey Man riff, but much simpler. I suppose he could get lost in the jazzbo stuff goin on. I imagine Darryl/Charlie could lead things along there.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 10, 2014 03:05

It could easily be played by Ronnie on guitar or even by Daryll on bass instead.

Thing is, even with that part ok, Mick's voice just does not work for that song anymore.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 10, 2014 05:34

I know it won't happen, but it is doable. They just put out GRRR two years ago, just play songs from that album. I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES and the concerts have been excellent, but adding 3 or four more songs isn't going to make the concert crowd mad!

1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Emotional Rescue
6. She's So Cold or Doom & Gloom
7. Heartbreaker with Mick Taylor
8. Bitch
9. Respectable
10. Honky Tonk Women
11. You Got The Silver
12. Little T&A
13. Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor
14. Street Fighting Man with Mick Taylor
15. Miss You
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Sympathy For The Devil
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar
20. You Can't Always Get What You Want
21. Satisfaction with Mick Taylor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-10 05:36 by JohnnyBGoode.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 10, 2014 06:31

Bjornulf, are you saying they may play this in Berlin?
That would be great.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home