Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Brian Jones home recordings discovered...
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:39

sonomastone
someone emailed me that they had a tape which was made of the famous bathroom song writing session - where ALO locked mick and keith in and told them not to come out until they had written a song. as we know, they wrote "as tears go by" that day. apparently keith sang lead some of the older versions, with mick providing percussion by banging on the toilet seat. the recording is claimed to have several of these versions, as well as an early version of "had it with you", which was resurrected and remixed for inclusion on "dirty work". rumor is that "had it with you" is actually *about* ALO.

there's also an email going around that in an unreleased outtake of the chess recording sessions you can hear muddy waters painting in the background, but it's unclear whether or not this is apocryphal.
Great post. Let's get some brief snatches

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:52

An exciting read. A truly amazing discovery.
Must be very exciting for you HM/P: congratulations with this catch smileys with beer
And good luck with mastering/restoring and publishing!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:40

Hm you are the best. smileys with beer

First one sounds like keith+Brian
Second Brian on piano, could be keith also but more Brian if u compare to Brian playing ruby on piano

These are likely not the tapes Anita and others spoke of. very exciting still

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:45

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 01:40 by His Majesty.

Re: dead thread
Date: June 12, 2014 00:45

Hey what happened hm? Why dead thread?

Date: June 12, 2014 00:46

Any idea as to why this thread (formerly discussing a woman who found some of Brian's reel-to-reel demos) is now labeled 'dead thread'? Did the woman refuse to give copies/reels to HM?

Date: June 12, 2014 00:47

whats happening his majesty? Don't delete the thread plz

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 12, 2014 01:13

All dead

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 12, 2014 01:57

Visited by the Men From ABKO? RS Inc.? The ghost of Brian? Allen Klein? Stay tuned...

Date: June 12, 2014 02:03

bleedingman
Visited by the Men From ABKO? RS Inc.? The ghost of Brian? Allen Klein? Stay tuned...
>grinning smiley< *Cue dramatic organ 'dun...dun...DUNNNNN!!!!'*

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:49

I was serious about being careful with this...I hope the woman on the other end has locked the original
tapes away in an undisclosed safe deposit box. winking smiley

His Majesty may or may not be able fully to tell us what happened. My guess is, after posting the 2 wonderful
clips here he received some kind of Cease and Desist "order," or maye bv asked him to take it down(?).

Or the oriiginal owner requested it not be publicized...? or a collector offered the original owner a great
sum of money for the tapes and doesn't want them floating around...? I guess speculation will get us
nowhere.

I'm so happy I had the opportunity to hear those clips tho - the dulcimer/guitar duet was really
nice - and [to me] did sound like an actual song in the making.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 03:59 by swiss.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 12, 2014 04:16

A speculative response from HM until there is resolution to this unfortunate development:

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 12, 2014 04:31

Sigh...I wish there was more transparency on this site. Things often disappear mysteriously with no explanation. China censors its Internet. We are entitled to a something a little better I think.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 12, 2014 08:10

Sigh...I wish there was more transparency on this site. Things often disappear mysteriously with no explanation.

YEAH but it's His Majesty himself that has shot it down ... not BV

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home