Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18
Re: Tour Posters 2014 - 14 On Fire
Date: November 20, 2014 16:43

Naturalust
Must admit I really love some of the tour posters, especially the windsurfing, surfing and shark posters. Oz really brings out the best in Stones artwork.

But, I am getting a bit tired of the tongue. Once it was Warhol hip , now it is ubiquitous and overused in the art. I'd like to see an artist dare NOT to use the icon and still capture something that is Rolling Stones.

Maybe it is a requirement, specified by Mick or his people, but it's starting to get a bit predictable, like the setlists. Anyhow, I'm not holding my breath. peace

I partly agree. It gets a bit predictable especially in regards to animals or other creatures with the lips and the tongue sticking out as a motif. Some of them are nevertheless great (the black swan, for example, the Geisha or the shark). But I think the ones, where the tongue and lips are interwoven in another way, are more interesting. The most uninteresting ones are in general those, that simply show a full page tongue with different patterns or colours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 17:04 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 20, 2014 16:53

Can't believe they misspelled "Centre" on the Brisbane posters. Yank spelling don't cut it around here grinning smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 20, 2014 19:33

StrawberriesBlueberries
Naturalust
Must admit I really love some of the tour posters, especially the windsurfing, surfing and shark posters. Oz really brings out the best in Stones artwork.

But, I am getting a bit tired of the tongue. Once it was Warhol hip , now it is ubiquitous and overused in the art. I'd like to see an artist dare NOT to use the icon and still capture something that is Rolling Stones.

Maybe it is a requirement, specified by Mick or his people, but it's starting to get a bit predictable, like the setlists. Anyhow, I'm not holding my breath. peace

I partly agree. It gets a bit predictable especially in regards to animals or other creatures with the lips and the tongue sticking out as a motif. Some of them are nevertheless great (the black swan, for example, the Geisha or the shark). But I think the ones, where the tongue and lips are interwoven in another way, are more interesting. The most uninteresting ones are in general those, that simply show a full page tongue with different patterns or colours.

Either way it's a very ambitious undertaking. Have they ever done posters for individual cities on a tour? Aukland #1 is a real beauty IMO.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 20, 2014 20:10

OneHit
Can't believe they misspelled "Centre" on the Brisbane posters. Yank spelling don't cut it around here grinning smiley

Mispelling and mistakes on stones'stuff is a long time trade mark.

HMN

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: November 20, 2014 20:22

Are these posters really limited??????????

John Nicholls

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 20, 2014 20:29

john nicholls
Are these posters really limited??????????

John Nicholls

Limited to the amount of people who will buy them is my guess. Hoping the artists get paid in proportion to the sales but more likely they were paid a set fee and given a Stones DVD. peace

Date: November 20, 2014 21:52

Honestman
OneHit

Mispelling and mistakes on stones'stuff is a long time trade mark.

Only the second poster is misspelled. So now what about misinformation?….lol

Posted by: bener ()
Date: November 21, 2014 01:41

How do you guys all find such comprehensive info on these posters/lithos? I'm amazed by your depth of knowledge!

I'm going to the Auckland show and would love to get my hands on a copy of the kiwi bird poster, and the fern one if anyone finds it, but with my rudimentary google searches I have found nothing!

Thanks for the interesting read, this thread enticed me to join, and the insight of the forum members here is great!

Edit: that link to the Arian Buhler facebook page has some awesome posters... Love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-21 01:43 by bener.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 21, 2014 13:43

Date: November 21, 2014 15:16

Maindefender
StrawberriesBlueberries
Naturalust

Either way it's a very ambitious undertaking. Have they ever done posters for individual cities on a tour? Aukland #1 is a real beauty IMO.

You're right of course, and I didn't want to give the impression, I don't enjoy, what they are doing with these posters. I absolutely do and always look forward to the next one. They are mostly great, some really stunning, only some I don't like. I just reflected about what Naturalust wrote about the danger of overusing the tongue. But that doesn't harm the joy, if it's a creative, well done work. I also like the Kiwi (with its kind of visual illusion effect) for Auckland.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 21, 2014 15:55

The 2nd Auckland Poster is probably a reference to the New Zealand Rugby Team 'All Blacks'.

Air New Zealand special livery 'All Blacks'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-21 16:55 by Irix.

Date: November 21, 2014 16:12

Cool!! Maybe a rugby style shirt?? Sign me up...

Date: November 21, 2014 16:40

Because the emblem of New Zealand's Rugby Team 'All Blacks' is a silver fern leaf, they should print the T-Shirts and Poster with a silvery gleam - this could look noble.

As I saw the 2nd Auckland Poster in simple black/white for the 1st time, I thought it's a obituary to the Rolling Stones .... winking smiley

Date: November 21, 2014 19:38

Thanks BBJ and Irix thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2014 19:47

Arian Buhler is GOOD!!! thumbs up

Date: November 22, 2014 16:55

Déjà-vu confused smiley

February 11, 1973:

[www.iorr.org]

November 22, 2014:

[www.rollingstones.com]

April 16, 2006 (Western Springs Speedway · Auckland · New Zealand):

[www.iorr.org]

[Twitter.com]

November 22, 2014:

[www.Facebook.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:41

RoyalHue, wow, from what I could see in the links, you did some of my favorite pieces for the tour!!!

What a talent you have, imagination and the skill to carry out your designs.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: RoyalHue ()
Date: November 24, 2014 18:59

angee
RoyalHue, wow, from what I could see in the links, you did some of my favorite pieces for the tour!!!

What a talent you have, imagination and the skill to carry out your designs.

Wow, thank you for the compliment Angee. I appreciate that very much. I was really honored to take part and contribute to their tour. I put a lot of work in all designs I produced and it's really nice to have it received so well. I've been a fan of the stones since diaper days and creating something for musicians I like personally makes it pretty fulfilling on it's own. Thank you again.

Now on to the next tour!smiling smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 27, 2014 00:30

Royalhue, which of the posters did you design? The recent posters are beautiful.
I have purchased quite a few and hope this will continue into 2015 and the
shows which we are all looking forward to. The variety in the various poster
Designs is exciting!

Date: November 27, 2014 00:45

swimtothemoon

Royalhue, which of the posters did you design?

At least these Posters are from the Royal Hue Studio / A.J. Fichera.

(Press the »Esc« Key if the Login-Window from Pinterest appears)

Date: November 27, 2014 19:45

Two pictures of the Tokyo Posters have been updated now with better quality: [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: December 1, 2014 06:07

Did anyone else purchase a lithograph recently from the ebay seller digfurthurdown? Two weeks ago I purchased the Paris lithograph from him, I bid on Berlin but was outbid. He had the European ones for sale, and based on his listings, at least 5 or 6 sold. He currently has the Singapore one for sale for $250. Anyways, I paid him $120, it's already come out of my account, and I have the PayPal receipt which I emailed to him. I asked him yesterday about the order status and he said he would mail out Monday, meaning Dec 1st. I got an unpaid item claim case notice from ebay today, so that's why I forwarded him the PayPal receipt. Did anyone else here buy one of the lithographs from him, and if so, have you received it yet?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 23:49

Not long before the posters are posted out.

friday i believe.

Date: December 12, 2014 16:18

Anybody recieved any notice of posters being shipped out?

Or is it the usual stones shop cock up?

Date: December 12, 2014 23:07

Not showing on my account to say its been shipped out.

Anybody else?

Date: December 12, 2014 23:46

@odean73

First of all , I'm sad to hear that you have no news and you are still waiting for your order.Then, about Bravado that's not new, these guys are the shame of the Collector's business.I don't order anything from them since a while for several reasons, time between payment and shipping, missing informations, and most of all the very very bad packaging.
Just got one advice for you, say it LOUDER !!!!! maybe one of their boss will read this thread and will start to move his ass for the safety of the trademark.
Good luck !

HMN

Date: December 13, 2014 00:54

Honestman
@odean73

First of all , I'm sad to hear that you have no news and you are still waiting for your order.Then, about Bravado that's not new, these guys are the shame of the Collector's business.I don't order anything from them since a while for several reasons, time between payment and shipping, missing informations, and most of all the very very bad packaging.
Just got one advice for you, say it LOUDER !!!!! maybe one of their boss will read this thread and will start to move his ass for the safety of the trademark.
Good luck !

Thanks for the head up.

I know its early days and will give them a few days before i start firing a few cyber bullets.

Date: December 13, 2014 23:12

Nobody?

Is this thread dead now?

Date: December 17, 2014 09:00

My mistake, just noticed on my email confirmation that the posters are posted out on the 19th december.

Will be interesting with the xmas post and all that.

Date: December 18, 2014 23:44

Okay, start again.

The posters should be started to be sent out tomorrow.

Lets hope we have a pleasant surprise and they will be delivered over the weekend or early next week. I think we paid enough postage money for this.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home