Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14
Re: Why no Mick Taylor in final bow?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2014 01:01

and it had something to do with his challenge..

What challenge ??????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 29, 2014 01:52

Rockman
and it had something to do with his challenge..

What challenge ??????????[/quote
He knew something the rest of us didnt
...the challenge was to figure out what it was..
or he claimed to know..

Date: May 29, 2014 01:59

Chacal
NICOS
Because they see him as a guest I gues't.........at least it looks like this.......pity though I never make prediction as this will be the last tour (they already predicting this back in '73)......but if it is they should let him play more songs

No, that's not it.
If you watch the video of 'Satisfaction plus final bow' in Oslo, you'll see that Taylor is present for the first bow, but then makes a point of walking off the stage despite the invitation to stay for the next one.

I didn't notice the invitation. Why do you think he didn't accept it?

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: May 29, 2014 02:30

DandelionPowderman

Keith is on his left (from audience perspective). He's extending his hand to Taylor and expecting him to stay on for the final bow, but MT is gesturing: 'No, you go ahead. I'm leaving'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 02:37 by Chacal.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2014 02:43

...which kind of makes sense given how little involvement he's given, what's the point of pretending he's a "member" by being in the final bow?

Don't remember that SadDayBadDay business? At the end of the day if he's around I suppose he's enjoying it at some level and the fans get to experience some "musical magic" (remembering seeing him come out for MR at O2/1 from the front of the pit gives me goosebumps to this day...) so it's win-win!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 03:18 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 29, 2014 03:27

Chacal
DandelionPowderman

Keith is on his left (from audience perspective). He's extending his hand to Taylor and expecting him to stay on for the final bow, but MT is gesturing: 'No, you go ahead. I'm leaving'.

Well done by Mick.

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: May 29, 2014 03:42

kleermaker
Chacal
DandelionPowderman

Well done by Mick.

I totally agree. Taking a bow is one bit of "involvement" he can control! But I don't think he meant to be disrespectful -- perhaps he doesn't feel comfortable taking a final bow as a core RS when his role is limited to a highlight rather than more integration (which would be so easy! and he so willing! and the show that much more textured and fabulous! even music critics are asking why limit Taylor?! and people who do not know would not care and so what? no harm done). Whether his gesture reflects an earnest assessment of what he feels entitled to or something else, it IS noticeable and thus the first time we Taylor fans have the chance to ponder his take on the situation that has US kinda scratching our heads.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 07:38 by LookoutMountain.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 29, 2014 03:42

Chacal
NICOS
Because they see him as a guest I gues't.........at least it looks like this.......pity though I never make prediction as this will be the last tour (they already predicting this back in '73)......but if it is they should let him play more songs

No, that's not it.
If you watch the video of 'Satisfaction plus final bow' in Oslo, you'll see that Taylor is present for the first bow, but then makes a point of walking off the stage despite the invitation to stay for the next one.

He looks unhappy in most candid photos. We can't count out the fact that he quit and was invited back. That's it. Not full member as much as we would like. Mick is in charge... the fans want him to play a stronger role. But a 30+ year absence will certainly knock him down a notch or two. I'd love to see him there for the last half of the show....

Date: May 29, 2014 05:13

Just want to add I'm not saying that by not taking a final bow he isn't appreciative or having fun -- but just calling a spade a spade. And that's fair -- at least until the time when, in his estimation, his contribution deserves the accolade. I wonder what The other boys made of it?

Posted by: MidnightPeanut ()
Date: May 29, 2014 06:07

From the vantage point of a 40+ year fan, this whole Mick Taylor 2-3 songs per night bs seems extrememly petty. I'm happy for MT and grateful for his contribution, however small, but I hate to see this petty old man shit in this band i've loved for so long.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 29, 2014 06:47

Can't imagine that anyone told Mick T not to take a bow.

A GREAT player but he is a bit of a strange duck.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: May 29, 2014 06:51

Hijack alert:

Chacal

So, Chacal, what's up with the touchy-feely Midnight Rambler?

Date: May 29, 2014 07:07

MidnightPeanut
From the vantage point of a 40+ year fan, this whole Mick Taylor 2-3 songs per night bs seems extrememly petty. I'm happy for MT and grateful for his contribution, however small, but I hate to see this petty old man shit in this band i've loved for so long.

You may be over-interpreting just a little sad smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 29, 2014 07:40

My interpretation of the non-bow wasn't as a protest, but just modesty.

Posted by: MLC5555 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 08:21

tAYLOR AND jAGGER LOOK TO BE HAVING A GOOD TIME.
JUST WROTE IN: TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE ON THE SONG REQUEST -
AS MANY TIMES AS I COULD....
HOPE THE GLIMMER TWINS SEE THAT!!!

mlC

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 29, 2014 10:58

He has a back problem

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 29, 2014 11:31

Strange times are strange.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: May 29, 2014 12:15

Keith wanted him to stay and so did MJ - but he didn't want to - that's it smoking smiley
I guess he was off for the best toilet seat in the backstage area grinning smiley

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: May 29, 2014 12:26

There were previous MJ-MT snippets of positive interaction on this video of Midnight Rambler:
[www.youtube.com]
MJ looks for MT 7:40 and finds him 7:49
MJ bursts out laughing on the heavy guitar tremolo 8:18

MT seemed to play happily on Satisfaction:
[www.youtube.com]
After the first bow, MT applauds twice to KR. With sincerity IMO. It's no longer the 50th anniversary tour. MT is natural. No issue, but (I wish I were not mistaking)...

Besides MT had rather play on more songs.
What most fans long for.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-30 20:55 by MarkSchneider.

Date: May 29, 2014 13:33

The band decided to include him and its been a couple of years. to most who care about Taylor it's natural to hope more involvement for him. I guess it's possible he wants this very limited role. Maybe he's much happier with his own bands in small venues.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:44

smokeydusky
Hijack alert:

Chacal

So, Chacal, what's up with the touchy-feely Midnight Rambler?

Thats what cats do when they lick dogs. They are not affectionate, they dominate. Jagger tells Taylor to stop. smoking smiley

Date: May 29, 2014 14:09

He didn't tell Taylor to stop at all. It was merely a part of his showmanship, similar to when he was hitting or shoving Ronnie in the late 70s.

Mick was really on top of his game in Oslo thumbs up

Date: May 29, 2014 14:36

"Thats what cats do when they lick dogs. They are not affectionate, they dominate. Jagger tells Taylor to stop. "

wait..cats lick dogs..?

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: May 29, 2014 14:39

Who cares

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 29, 2014 14:41

duke richardson
The band decided to include him and its been a couple of years. to most who care about Taylor it's natural to hope more involvement for him. I guess it's possible he wants this very limited role. Maybe he's much happier with his own bands in small venues.

Highly doubtful. MickT has to be bored tagging along, all to be up on stage the minimum. The upside is the money is good and he enjoys the deluxe accommodations and interacting with flattering people unlike his usual semi-hermit lifestyle. This tour is zero stress for him unlike his own tours where the logistics (cheap travel and cheap hotels) and finances fall on him and a manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 14:46 by triceratops.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: May 29, 2014 14:45

Mick Taylor gets far too much adoration relative to the adoration received by other, founding, Stones guitarists I would think.

Date: May 29, 2014 14:54

Aquamarine
My interpretation of the non-bow wasn't as a protest, but just modesty.

It's all interpretation but his whole behaviour and face expression is that of not feeling happy or comfortable. Of course there's something of protest in not accepting the invitation. He isn't that modesty as people always say. Just nice.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 29, 2014 14:55

duke richardson
Stoneburst
duke richardson
...>>how come nobody here seems willing or able to post the truth about why taylor is on board with the lads these days? i know several posters are aware of what's going on. fear of reprisal? banning?<< (SadDayBadDay )

still waiting for the truth..or something..

Was SadDayBadDay banned after he posted this?

indeed there was a banning and it had something to do with his challenge..

he's the Joker and the Riddler combined..

He got banned for asking people to guess why MT was playing with the Stones? I didn't realise that MT had been brought back for some ulterior reason. Is there a story here?

Date: May 29, 2014 14:56

DandelionPowderman
He didn't tell Taylor to stop at all. It was merely a part of his showmanship, similar to when he was hitting or shoving Ronnie in the late 70s.

But Taylor doesn't seem to appreciate it, doesn't he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 14:56 by kleermaker.

Date: May 29, 2014 14:59

duke richardson
I guess it's possible he wants this very limited role. Maybe he's much happier with his own bands in small venues.

Of course he doesn't and of course he isn't.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home