Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829
Current Page: 29 of 29
Re: Oslo 26 May 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 29, 2014 07:24

Yes. I am a big fan of Sir Mick. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 07:35

EddieByword
angee
Yeah, that red "boa" seems to be the 14 on Fire version of the long dark gorilla coat...not appealing, either time.
At least the other one looked more substantial, richer, I suppose.

Great pics, latvianinexile.

The Gorilla coat was a L'Wren creation ...so I read..

I'm sure they had to do something with the ostrich capes from previous fashion shows...SFTD capes

Here's the original

[www.style.com]

That's been my guess, at least, since the first one that looked like a gorilla.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 08:07 by Straycat13.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 29, 2014 10:56

gotdablouse
Nice pics, what song was Matt Clifford playing on? I spotted an extra keyboard player on WAY but I think it was Tim Ries?

Matt Clifford was playing on Can't be Seen.

Date: May 29, 2014 11:03

grzegorz67
latvianinexile,

Excellent photos. I'm the Scotsman you met a few times over the weekend - the one with the US flag Licks Tour shirt. I saw you achieved front row, standing alongside the German woman who lives in Egypt (didn't get her name, but she spoke perfect English and lived in Egypt).

I got to front row on the Podium at the end of the catwalk.

Hi grzegorz67,

Was nice meeting you. The German girl from Egypt was Lilly. See you in Stockholm maybe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 14:55 by latvianinexile.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 29, 2014 11:11

Hey Bigger Nut. I was talking to you before we entered the Arena and we stood together at the rail. Great to meet you - you have inspired me to visit Tokyo for the next Tour!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2014 12:23

latvianinexile
gotdablouse
Nice pics, what song was Matt Clifford playing on? I spotted an extra keyboard player on WAY but I think it was Tim Ries?

Thanks, I don't believe that had been mentioned before, interesting that Matt would be allowed back on stage on a Keith tune, well it's a SW song so I suppose it makes sense ;-) Just found this interesting thread about him : [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 29, 2014 12:28

latvianinexile
grzegorz67
latvianinexile,

Excellent photos. I'm the Scotsman you met a few times over the weekend - the one with the US flag Licks Tour shirt. I saw you achieved front row, standing alongside the German woman who lives in Egypt (didn't get her name, but she spoke perfect English and lived in Egypt).

Hi grzegorz67,

Was nice meeting you. The German girl from Egypt was Lilly. See you Stockholm maybe.

It was great meeting both of you!

Date: May 29, 2014 12:29

gotdablouse
latvianinexile
gotdablouse

Thanks, I don't believe that had been mentioned before, interesting that Matt would be allowed back on stage on a Keith tune, well it's a SW song so I suppose it makes sense ;-) Just found this interesting thread about him : [www.iorr.org]

He plays a lot on the studio version.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:00

Re: Height of the Stage.

Moved it over to the stage thread.
[www.iorr.org]

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 13:22 by TE.

Date: May 29, 2014 13:09

Yeah I noticed that in the videos, there are guys in that "box", video crews possibly?

Can you repost here in the "stage" topic : [www.iorr.org] - thanks !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:18

gotdablouse
Yeah I noticed that in the videos, there are guys in that "box", video crews possibly?

Can you repost here in the "stage" topic : [www.iorr.org] - thanks !

Ah, forgot that thread, tnx.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:24

thecitadel
Hey Bigger Nut. I was talking to you before we entered the Arena and we stood together at the rail. Great to meet you - you have inspired me to visit Tokyo for the next Tour!

Ah, now I know you ! Great !!

Yea, I can to see you again in Tokyo. Maybe at 60 years anniversary tour.smiling smiley

And I hope you all guys enjoy rest of European leg. It is your turn.thumbs up

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:46

Thanks for all the reviews, objective and rather comforting. Mick king of the show.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: May 29, 2014 16:14

DandelionPowderman
latvianinexile
grzegorz67
latvianinexile,

Hi grzegorz67,

Was nice meeting you. The German girl from Egypt was Lilly. See you Stockholm maybe.

Same here smiling smiley

Here's a pic of DP talking to some radio station while queuing at gate D2.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 29, 2014 16:47

propably asking for a date winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 19:19

latvianinexile
DandelionPowderman
latvianinexile
grzegorz67
latvianinexile,

Hi grzegorz67,

Same here smiling smiley

Here's a pic of DP talking to some radio station while queuing at gate D2.

Ditto. For me by far the very best Stones show I've ever been to for hanging out and meeting people I've only ever had exchanges with on a message board. I had an absolute ball of a time. On many occasions I was able to work out the IORR poster after a few minutes of talking. Here's a great shot with us all in it from the Stones' Instagram Site. Crawdaddy deserves a mention too as well as the Dutchman & German who'd done 150 shows each. I thought I was introducing them to each other(yeah right) opposite the grand Hotel on Sunday and of course they were on 1st name terms and knew each other for decades! The German guy was your friend, LatvianinExile.

[instagram.com]#

I like the emphasis on the keen young fans queueng up for top spot :-) I'll drink to that smileys with beer

I'd be surprised if there weren't even more IORRians than just we 3 in this shot. The 2 girls to my right were teenage schoolgirls from Sweden who skipped school to attend. Both were next to me at the 'B Stage Podium' and they screamed when Keith & Ronnie came down to us.

LatvianinExile. I'm in GC Keith's side in Stockholm so could well see you there.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 29, 2014 20:43

I agree with you entirely Gregor.

Had such a great experience meeting all you guys and gals.

First night on Friday after rehearsals was a gas with DP,Eric whose IORR name I can't remember and another fan who was a great guy but not sure if he was on IORR.

Also gibsonman and I think another guy I met was TheWorst.
So many others mainly Norwegian on Saturday in town, and also Sunday evening at The Churchill pub I think was the name and later on The Scotsman.

Can't remember their names from that night but it was great. smileys with beer

Date: May 29, 2014 20:51

Powerage
Thanks for all the reviews, objective and rather comforting. Mick king of the show.

[www.iorr.org]

Hadn't checked the homepage yet, great reviews, the one by "Dean Goodman" is particularly funny and "communicative". So it seems the crowd only started showing interest with MR and the warhorses...you would have thought that JJF would have kicked things into motion.

Here's the instagram pic (I hate it when they prevent you from copying the link directly...FFox came to the rescue) :

--------------

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 29, 2014 21:25

Now come on gotdablouse................from where I was sitting in my great LD seat, everyone was having a great time ,from the time the lights went out, and the 2-3 minutes intro until Keith strolled on stage for JJF.
It was all uphill from there on.
It was a great audience and you could tell The Stones loved it from start to finish.
A fantastic gig. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 29, 2014 21:35

crawdaddy
Now come on gotdablouse................from where I was sitting in my great LD seat, everyone was having a great time ,from the time the lights went out, and the 2-3 minutes intro until Keith strolled on stage for JJF.
It was all uphill from there on.
It was a great audience and you could tell The Stones loved it from start to finish.
A fantastic gig. >grinning smiley<

And: Every country has a different "crowd-temper". Scandinavia will never be like Spain for instance. And Italy is different from Germany. And so on.
Norway was´nt ever known for a freaking out audience.
They do. But in their northic way.
AND this was 100% on fire that night.

Date: May 29, 2014 21:39

The crowd was crazy by Worried about you already smiling smiley

Posted by: SessionsMartin ()
Date: May 30, 2014 14:43

Hi grzegorz67 - we met at Oslo Rygge. If interested in that Berlin ticket rscrs at elliottes.net

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829
Current Page: 29 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home