Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: O.T. Jack White tour 2014
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:29

He did "I fought Piranhas" & "Stop breaking down" tonight!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2014 09:43

Yeah, I nearly died, I hope they pop up in the setlist again sometime (preferably when I'm there! winking smiley ).

Date: July 3, 2014 17:32

Jack does living theatre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 17:35 by Aquamarine.

Date: July 3, 2014 18:30

Whoa... just finished reading those pages... insane stuff hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 18:33 by Milan.

Date: July 3, 2014 20:29

Part of why I love him. Some of my friends were there, I'll never get over the envy! cool smiley

Posted by: DD ()
Date: July 4, 2014 02:10

I love him. He is the master.

Declan.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2014 13:21

Pic for Paris, note the roadie with a beard ;-)

The band :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 13:23 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 25, 2014 17:17

Checking Jack White's setlists over at setlist.com. I'm super excited about his Pittsburgh show, this Sunday!!!

Date: July 26, 2014 00:19

See you there, and let's pray the thunderstorms happen before or after! (Forecastle was amazing, in fact each show seems to have been better than the one before. smiling smiley )

Date: July 26, 2014 00:39

Yeah, it'll be nice if the storm skips the concert!

Are you following him? I'm tempted to do TO or Montreal.

Date: July 26, 2014 02:01

Yeah--not all of them, but I've got 8 or 9 more coming up. smiling smiley (Not those two, though.)

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: July 27, 2014 14:16

Jack White covered for the very first time Manic Depression last July 23rd at The Chicago Theatre. It was his longuest concert ever, 33 songs in 3 hours !

[youtu.be]

YM

Date: July 27, 2014 14:54

Really looking foward to tonight's concert!!!

Heading out for breakfast soon and then to downtown. It is going to be a fun day for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-27 14:55 by MingSubu.

Date: July 28, 2014 15:45

We just got most of the show in before the deluge!

Date: July 28, 2014 16:23

Fun show, with a lot of energy. First time seeing Jack White and would see him again in a second. Played a bunch of White Stripe songs too. Overall a great show.

The rain held off till the very end. Which was nice. Traffic was a bitch. There was a football/soccer game at Heinz Field, next door.

Horrible pic, but had to take atleast one. Better ones available on his site.

Picked up the Lazaretto lp and baseball-style shirt. The lp comes with a mp3 d/l, which is always cool. The shirt is awesome, just a little cheap on the fabric. One wash it'll probably shrink a size. Missed the bootleg t's after the show. Shoulda grabbed one before.

Date: July 28, 2014 19:25

One of those arms waving at the front is probably mine! Was lucky enough to get early entry so was on the rail.

Date: July 28, 2014 19:33

What did you think of the show compared to others? Are you in Detroit for tonight's show?

We didn't make our way to the venue till about 8. The line was wrapped around the venue and even snaked back onto itself. Went fast though, security was awesome.

Date: July 28, 2014 19:57

I thought it was a really solid show--very focused, probably because they all knew the storm was coming. High energy with no wasted time. It was my sort of show, really, especially when he bowed the guitar in Ball and Biscuit!

No, my friends have gone on to Detroit, but my next run of shows starts again in Kansas City.

Date: July 30, 2014 20:02

Just got lawn tickets for Cleveland on Sept 15.

I'll do the RRHOF again and the show. It'll be a good day in Cleveland.

Date: July 30, 2014 22:33

Cool! That should be a great show. I would have gone to Cleveland myself, but before he announced this round of dates I'd already arranged to visit a friend there last weekend, so can't afford to go back there again, unfortunately. Also now I'll be going to Farm Aid, which is right before it.

There's a good exhibition on music festivals in the RRHOF right now.

Date: March 22, 2015 14:44

Jack & Robert Plant last night:

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 22, 2015 15:48

Best act nowadays IMO

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 22, 2015 18:10

Awesome video. I've never seen Jack White live, but I've always liked him. His solo albums just kinda bored me so I never pulled the trigger to get live tickets. Might have been a mistake though.

Also, for anyone still wondering, THIS is why Robert doesn't want to do a Led Zeppelin reunion. He's much more comfortable singing these songs without the banner of "Zeppelin" behind him, and doing it whenever he feels like it. Touring as Zeppelin would be way too much pressure and he would suffer the most from it.

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:35

I don't care how great you say he is. He still completely ruined "Loving Cup'' forever after that abysmal duet with Mick on "Shine a Light." For me, it hasn't sounded the same since.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 12, 2015 01:16

Didn't want to start a new thread for this. but I know some of you will be interested.

Jack White's Third Man Records and Light in the Attic Release Children's Compilation and Kids' Turntable
"You won’t find boy bands, princesses, or purple dinosaurs here.""

Because it's never too early to get 'em started, Jack White's Third Man Records and Light in the Attic are teaming up to teach children about the joys of record collecting. Their jointly-released kids' compilation, This Record Belongs To __________, is out November 6. It features songs by Nina Simone, Jerry Garcia, Harry Nilsson, Van Dyke Parks, Donovan, the Pointer Sisters, Vashti Bunyan, Shel Silverstein, Carole King, Kermit the Frog, and others. "You won’t find boy bands, princesses, or purple dinosaurs here," a press release says. The album comes with a full-color storybook.

In conjunction with the compilation, Third Man are also releasing a special portable children's turntable with built-in speakers and a USB port, featuring an image of "Manny", Third Man's mascot.

This Record Belongs To __________ is available to pre-order via both Third Man and Light in the Attic.

Because it's never too early to get 'em started, Jack White's Third Man Records and Light in the Attic are teaming up to teach children about the joys of record collecting. Their jointly-released kids' compilation, This Record Belongs To __________, is out November 6. It features songs by Nina Simone, Jerry Garcia, Harry Nilsson, Van Dyke Parks, Donovan, the Pointer Sisters, Vashti Bunyan, Shel Silverstein, Carole King, Kermit the Frog, and others. "You won’t find boy bands, princesses, or purple dinosaurs here," a press release says. The album comes with a full-color storybook.

In conjunction with the compilation, Third Man are also releasing a special portable children's turntable with built-in speakers and a USB port, featuring an image of "Manny", Third Man's mascot.

This Record Belongs To __________ is available to pre-order via both Third Man and Light in the Attic.Because it's never too early to get 'em started, Jack White's Third Man Records and Light in the Attic are teaming up to teach children about the joys of record collecting. Their jointly-released kids' compilation, This Record Belongs To __________, is out November 6. It features songs by Nina Simone, Jerry Garcia, Harry Nilsson, Van Dyke Parks, Donovan, the Pointer Sisters, Vashti Bunyan, Shel Silverstein, Carole King, Kermit the Frog, and others. "You won’t find boy bands, princesses, or purple dinosaurs here," a press release says. The album comes with a full-color storybook.

This Record Belongs To __________ is available to pre-order via both Third Man and Light in the Attic.

01 Shel Silverstein: Invitation
02 Van Dyke Parks: Occapella
03 Carole King: One Was Johnny
04 Harry Nilsson: The Town
05 Harry Nilsson: Me And My Arow
06 The Pointer Sisters: Pinball Number Count
07 Woody Guthrie: Dance Around
08 Jerry Garcia & David Grisman: Jenny Jenkins
09 Roger Miller: Oo-De-Lally
10 Bobby Bare: Daddy What If
11 Ella Jenkins: Pretty Trees Around the World
12 Nina Simone: You Can Sing A Rainbow
13 Vashti Bunyan: Diamond Day
14 Donovan: The Mandolin Man and His Secret
15 Miss Abrams & The Strawberry Point 4th Grade Class: Running in the Garden
16 Kermit The Frog: Rainbow Connection

[pitchfork.com]

Date: September 12, 2015 11:18

Third Man are real visionaries in some respects, I love this project. smiling smiley Thanks for posting it, latebloomer.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 12, 2015 11:57

I want JWS as producer of new Stones album. Don Was go home!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1349
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home