Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
O.T. Jack White tour 2014
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: April 21, 2014 19:25

Jack White is doing a tour for his new album 'Lazaretto', the new single is 'High Ball Stepper' which I've been diggin' lately..

Tour itinerary says that 2 shows are being played towards the end of July in Chicago, anyone here going by chance??

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: O.T. Jack White tour 2014
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 21, 2014 19:56

thumbs up Thanks..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-21 19:56 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 21, 2014 20:04

No thanks

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2014 20:06

Thanks, that's a cool song. Seriously a 'single' without any vocals?

First time I can think of since Herbie Hancock's 'RockIt'.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 21, 2014 21:28

And when does the lp he recorded with Neil Young comes out?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:27

Wake me when Meg comes back.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:28

Marhsall

Tour itinerary says that 2 shows are being played towards the end of July in Chicago, anyone here going by chance??

Yes, I'll be at several shows, though not Chicago, unfortunately. I doubt I'll beat my record of 13 in 2012, though!

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: April 22, 2014 02:07

dcba

Available now from third man records

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: April 22, 2014 02:12

Have tickets for Toronto. Eyeing the Louisville and Detroit dates.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 02:36

Actually not out yet on Thirdman records, coming soon...

Date: April 22, 2014 02:39

jabhead
dcba

Available now from third man records

Though they're not actually playing together. Jack is listed as co-producer:

Third Man Records unearths Neil Young’s A Letter Home. "An unheard collection of rediscovered songs from the past recorded on ancient electro mechanical technology captures and unleashes the essence of something that could have been gone forever…" —Homer Grosvenor

More info.

(It's already out in the US, it was an RSD release, and it's listed at the TMR store. Hope this link works. Don't know about the rest of the world though.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-22 02:42 by Aquamarine.

Date: April 22, 2014 03:34

Ah cool! I saw the front page of thirdman and it said "coming soon..."

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:20

One of the few that I buy their 'newest LP' and listen to it as a coherent piece of art. I'd love to see him live this summer. I saw him with Meg in 2005 and had no idea it was one of the last times they'd play live together. Saw him with the Raconteurs and that was good too. Loved the piano work on his last album. Much better than any piano on a Stones album since when, 1981?

Date: April 22, 2014 09:21

24FPS
I saw him with Meg in 2005 and had no idea it was one of the last times they'd play live together.

God I love the Stripes. Their last show wasn't actually until 2007, well into the Icky Thump tour--I know this because I was at what turned out to be their last-ever show, in Mississippi. sad smiley (Obviously I had no idea it was going to be the last one, either.) I adore the Raconteurs, saw all shows except one on their mini-reunion tour in 2011.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2014 17:45

71Tele

Meg's got her own album to do.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 22, 2014 20:09

Missing the Stripes is one of my Rock n Roll regrets.

...One hopes that someday........

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 23, 2014 08:19

71Tele

Sweet dreams, Rip!

OT: Introducing… The Lazaretto ULTRA LP
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 8, 2014 02:35

[thirdmanrecords.com]

Over the past 5 years, Third Man Records has brought to life many ideas that are new to the century-old vinyl format. So, when it came time for the creative hive to discuss the vision for the pressing of Jack White’s Lazaretto, we were keenly aware of what it would take to produce a piece of wax worthy of the music it would contain… No single innovation would suffice. We needed to go big. We needed to go bold. We needed to press an ULTRA LP.

- 180 gram vinyl

- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels

- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record

- Side A plays from the inside out

- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song

- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record

- Both sides end with locked grooves

- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format

- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record

- Different running order from the CD/digital version

- LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

Watch masterminds Jack White and Ben Blackwell discuss and demonstrate the ULTRA LP features:

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Introducing… The Lazaretto ULTRA LP
Date: May 8, 2014 02:38

This is also the next TMR Vault (subscription service) package, but in a limited edition split color version, plus lyric book, etc.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 8, 2014 16:50

Diggin' it

Date: May 8, 2014 16:56

Making excellent progress with the blues! How many of you can say that you have succeeded with that?

This is good stuff! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-08 16:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 8, 2014 16:58

He's no Ron Wood, but he's getting there. grinning smiley

Date: May 8, 2014 17:03

>grinning smiley<

Date: May 8, 2014 18:58

I wish to tread lightly here, because I think the guy is talented. But dare I say he is a wee bit overexposed? You can't open a magazine or turn on a TV these days without him or Dave Grohl leaping out. These guys are everywhere at once. I wish they would leave a little oxygen for others.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: May 8, 2014 19:38

I like Jack White, he has come up with some cool tunes over the years. But, the media hype over him is a bit much. This is a mediocre song at best and wouldn't be on anyone's radar if put out by someone less famous.

Of course like all music it is subjective but for me this song doesn't wow me at all.

Date: May 8, 2014 20:51

71Tele
I wish to tread lightly here, because I think the guy is talented. But dare I say he is a wee bit overexposed? You can't open a magazine or turn on a TV these days without him or Dave Grohl leaping out. These guys are everywhere at once. I wish they would leave a little oxygen for others.

I dunno, I think it's just because he's got a new album and tour coming up. He had no album and virtually no public appearances in 2013, so it's understandable.

High Ball Stepper isn't the new single, btw--that's the title track, Lazaretto.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-08 20:52 by Aquamarine.

Date: May 8, 2014 20:56

71Tele

What's stopping anyone else from stepping up?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 8, 2014 21:44

andrewt
71Tele

What's stopping anyone else from stepping up?

...maybe some record company executives???????

Date: May 8, 2014 21:45

Probably a lot like living back in the 60s and 70s where the Stones and Beatles were constantly in the trade papers and mags. I don't mind, and do like his music, but some times he is a bit little too pretentious. I really respect, however, how he is into retro and vinyl, and old school recording. Because of that he sounds so much better than so many modern rock bands with the slick digital production.

Date: May 9, 2014 00:46

His appearance in that "It Might Get Loud" film was so studied and precious. It was like he thought of how he would look in every shot and staged it himself for maximum effect. By contrast, Mr. The Edge and Jimmy Page looked like regular guys, relaxed and normal. Jack just tries too damn hard sometimes, and I also think musically there is often less than meets the eye. I liked the White Stripes and basically like Jack White, but I do think the hype is out of proportion to the accomplishments. He is very ambitious - that's a good thing - but not all of his projects are all that fascinating to this listener.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-09 00:56 by 71Tele.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2350
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home