Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 30, 2014 15:38

treaclefingers
Hairball
AC/DC Rumored to Be Playing 2015 Grammys
by Chad Childers December 29, 2014 12:40 PM

> AC/DC

The Grammys may have taken a hit with rock fans after the 2014 ceremony, but if the rumors are true, the 2014 ceremony could be off to a rocking start. According to Hits Daily Double, AC/DC are among the initial acts rumored to be taking part in the 57th annual Grammy Awards.

The rumors suggest AC/DC, Madonna and U2 among the initial acts being booked for the Feb. 8 ceremony, which would be a pretty impressive start with three of music’s most celebrated performers.

If AC/DC are part of the ceremony, it certainly would be big news as the band has announced their intent to hit the road in 2015 in support of the newly released ‘Rock or Bust‘ album. A few AC/DC dates have already surfaced for 2015, but they are scheduled much later than February.

At present, the band is dealing with the current legal situation of drummer Phil Rudd, who has been charged with “threatening to kill” a contractor and his daughter, as well as a pair of drug charges. Rudd recently stated that he would be with the band in 2015, though guitarist Angus Young stated in an interview that he needed to “sort himself out” before continuing with the band.

Rudd did play with AC/DC on the ‘Rock or Bust’ album, but his issues led to his absence during the band’s video shoots as well as a recent promotional photo.

The 57th Annual Grammy Awards will take place at Los Angeles’ Staples Center on Feb. 8 and will air at 8PM ET/PT on CBS.

wow...

its time to bring good music back to the Grammy Award Show.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2014 15:43

Wait. What? The Grammys may have taken a hit with rock fans after the 2014 ceremony, but if the rumors are true, the 2014 ceremony could be off to a rocking start.

So even though, according to that, it's happened already, people are looking forward to it happening anyway? That's astounding that they've already done the 2014 Grammys yet... they haven't.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 1, 2015 20:06

Ladykiller
treaclefingers
Hairball

> AC/DC

The Grammys may have taken a hit with rock fans after the 2014 ceremony, but if the rumors are true, the 2014 ceremony could be off to a rocking start. According to Hits Daily Double, AC/DC are among the initial acts rumored to be taking part in the 57th annual Grammy Awards.

The rumors suggest AC/DC, Madonna and U2 among the initial acts being booked for the Feb. 8 ceremony, which would be a pretty impressive start with three of music’s most celebrated performers.

If AC/DC are part of the ceremony, it certainly would be big news as the band has announced their intent to hit the road in 2015 in support of the newly released ‘Rock or Bust‘ album. A few AC/DC dates have already surfaced for 2015, but they are scheduled much later than February.

At present, the band is dealing with the current legal situation of drummer Phil Rudd, who has been charged with “threatening to kill” a contractor and his daughter, as well as a pair of drug charges. Rudd recently stated that he would be with the band in 2015, though guitarist Angus Young stated in an interview that he needed to “sort himself out” before continuing with the band.

Rudd did play with AC/DC on the ‘Rock or Bust’ album, but his issues led to his absence during the band’s video shoots as well as a recent promotional photo.

The 57th Annual Grammy Awards will take place at Los Angeles’ Staples Center on Feb. 8 and will air at 8PM ET/PT on CBS.

wow...

I think that's been the perennial crime with the Grammy's is that they rarely get it 'right'. The awards is littered with unhonoured top tier acts because they didn't fit within the musical tastes of the show.

Seems as though they're at least trying to be more inclusive. They've done much better recent years...I will not miss this year's if AC/DC is going to be on.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 2, 2015 03:35

treaclefingers
Ladykiller
treaclefingers
Hairball

> AC/DC

wow...

I think that's been the perennial crime with the Grammy's is that they rarely get it 'right'. The awards is littered with unhonoured top tier acts because they didn't fit within the musical tastes of the show.

Seems as though they're at least trying to be more inclusive. They've done much better recent years...I will not miss this year's if AC/DC is going to be on.

If that's the case, then I will DVR it and just watch the AC/DC performancedrinking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: January 2, 2015 18:28

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 2, 2015 21:09

Date: January 6, 2015 23:34

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 6, 2015 23:51

Who or What is a Drake?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 7, 2015 00:00

TooTough

thumbs uphot smileythumbs up

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 7, 2015 00:49

alhavu1
Who or What is a Drake?

A Canadian R&B artist.

Date: January 7, 2015 01:11

Big Al
alhavu1
Who or What is a Drake?

A Canadian R&B artist.

He's Canadian, Black and Jewish!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 10, 2015 01:06

BluzDude
Big Al
alhavu1
Who or What is a Drake?

A Canadian R&B artist.

Is this him....?

Date: January 10, 2015 02:13

No.....He ain't Canadiansmoking smiley

Date: January 10, 2015 02:16

Date: January 11, 2015 21:38

From H2AC-DC.COM eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-11 22:01 by powerage78.

Date: January 13, 2015 15:33

[www.facebook.com] CONFIRMED

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 13, 2015 18:17

According to AC/DC Italia, the drummer will be Simon Wright.

Date: January 14, 2015 00:22

Cristiano Radtke
According to AC/DC Italia, the drummer will be Simon Wright.

Ha...what'd I tell ya! GREAT NEWS!!!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 14, 2015 00:31

I don't consider this great news at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-14 00:36 by BowieStone.

Date: January 14, 2015 01:08

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 14, 2015 01:18

I guess if Simon Wright is in for this performance, it means the band may have definitively decided that Phil is out. If Phil is definitely out, I'd rather they go with Simon and Chris Slade than an entirely new drummer.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 14, 2015 05:23

Maybe with Simon back, they'll play some tunes off of Flick of the Switch, Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 15, 2015 02:00

DGA35
Maybe with Simon back, they'll play some tunes off of Flick of the Switch, Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video!
Doubtful. With a new album, there's no room in their setlist.

As for the Grammys, its good to know you have to get to be as famous as AC/Dc to finally be considered for the ceremony 40 years later. Its idiotic, but I guess its good its AC/DC. They'll just be AC/DC during a normal horrible Grammys, so it'll be funny to see them there running amuck.

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: January 16, 2015 23:47

shadooby
BluzDude
Big Al
alhavu1
Who or What is a Drake?

A Canadian R&B artist.

Is this him....?
Who remembers Archie Bunker's quoate about getting Sammy Davis jr. into their lodge ???

Date: January 16, 2015 23:56

Belgian date added, July 6:

[fr.livenation.be]

Date: January 17, 2015 01:17

TooTough

[fr.livenation.be]

Bedlam in Belgium?

Date: January 17, 2015 23:56

BluzDude
TooTough

[fr.livenation.be]

Bedlam in Belgium?

Yes...sold out...

Date: January 18, 2015 19:45

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: January 20, 2015 15:50

A thread about the Grammys on acdcfans.net has rumors about Charlie Watts being the drummer just for the Grammys. Could be interesting!
[www.acdcfans.net]

Date: January 27, 2015 16:33

Malcolm´s lungs and his heart...

[loudwire.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home