Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Date: January 27, 2015 16:44

powerage78

That's a tiny dressing room winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 27, 2015 17:32

DandelionPowderman
powerage78

That's a tiny dressing room winking smiley

Are you kidding? It's huge, it even has it's own address, 852 Donottip, LA.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 30, 2015 20:38

just got a ticket for zeltweg.. allready had one for koln.. and they are also playing 40 km from my home (no ticket yet, but guess im there too smiling smiley)

looks like this is becoming a ac/dc summer smiling smiley))

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 30, 2015 20:55

Yes it will be an AC DC summer for me too.

Munich twice then Paris,Barcelona,Madrid,Berlin,London and Warsaw.

It is going to be great.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 30, 2015 22:15

Glasgow for me....and then whenever they hit Los Angelesdrinking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2015 15:29

Former AC/DC drummer Chris Slade reportedly set to return to band for Grammy performance
Band's drummer Phil Rudd is awaiting trial in New Zealand

AC/DC have reportedly recruited former drummer Chris Slade to play with them at the Grammy Awards on Sunday (February 8).

Rumours about Slade rejoining the band began when a meet-and-greet he was due to be attending on January 31 in California was postponed.

The event was organised by Dr. Alex Corbin Liu and, as reported by Blabbermouth, in announcing the change of plans on Facebook, he let slip that "There's actually big news regarding Slade and his career coming in next several days which is why he had to reschedule this event."

Slade was a member of AC/DC between 1989-1994 and played on the album 'The Razor's Edge'. He was replaced by returning drummer Phil Rudd, who is currently awaiting trial in New Zealand and is not playing live with the band.

Rudd is scheduled to appear in court in Tauranga two days after the Grammy Awards, on February 10, for a review of the charges brought against him in 2014. Rudd, 60, is before the court on charges of threatening to kill and possession of methamphetamine and cannabis, all of which he denies.

Rudd was originally charged with attempting to procure the murder of two men, but the charge was dropped due to a lack of evidence. It is claimed that on September 26, Rudd made two phone calls including one where he "threatened to kill an unnamed man and his daughter". The first call was to a business associate where he is alleged to have "spoke about what he wanted done to" the man, who had been an employee for three years.

After the alleged threats were made, police raided Rudd's home on November 6 where they found 130g (4.6 ounces) of marijuana and 0.7g of methamphetamine.

Last month, Rudd's AC/DC band mates Brian Johnson and Malcolm Young both addressed the problem their band is facing. While Young said that the band have yet to "resolve" whether Rudd is still a member of AC/DC, Johnson suggested Rudd would not performing on the 2015 tour.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2015 21:44

must see event of the season, the Grammy's.

Never saw myself saying that!

On the other hand, the show with MJ a couple of years back was also fabulous.

Date: February 4, 2015 22:50

Song prediction for Grammy's:
(I guess they will probably do just one song, one of the following...)

1. Let's Play Ball
2. Rock or Bust
or
3. You Shook Me All Night Long

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 4, 2015 23:42

Only one song will do if Chris Slade is back:

1.THUNDERSTRUCK hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-04 23:48 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 5, 2015 01:59

It would be great if they had time to play 2 songs. One off the new album which would be around 3 minutes then maybe You Shook Me, just over 3 minutes.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 5, 2015 02:03

It will 100% only be one song. Despite the fact that they are legends, I've never seen anyone gets more than one song. I agree it'll probably be BluzDude, although I'd love it to be Thunderstruck.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 5, 2015 02:12

So what happened to the Simon Wright story that he was supposed to do the show?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 5, 2015 20:48

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: February 5, 2015 20:57

Looks like Steve is using one of Mal's guitars

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 5, 2015 21:40

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd's next court appearance has been adjourned because of a change in lawyers.

Rudd, 60, was due to appear in the Tauranga District Court next week after last year pleading not guilty to charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis and threatening to kill.

Paul Mabey, QC, says he has withdrawn as Rudd's counsel.

Rudd's new lawyer is Craig Tuck, also of Tauranga.

Mabey said the decision to withdraw was an amicable one, but he would not be drawn on why.

"It's just a professional decision that we have made," he said.

Tuck was last year contacted by the family of drug-accused Antony Glen de Malmanche to represent him.

De Malmanche, 52, had travelled to Hong Kong to meet his internet girlfriend, "Jessie", and then went to Bali, allegedly with 1.7 kilograms of methamphetamine in his backpack.

Rudd will reappear in court in April.

[www.stuff.co.nz]

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 7, 2015 06:28

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:36 by colonial.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 7, 2015 17:45

Right black ice was not bad

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 7, 2015 19:24

I really like the bluesy feel of the new one. Reminds me a lot of Stiff Upper Lip

Date: February 7, 2015 23:41

Now it's official: Chris Slade will play with AC/DC at the Grammys tomorrow and will join them on the Rock or Bust tour:

"YES the drum stool is under OLD management! You will, I am sure know by now, CHRIS SLADE will re-join AC/DC for the GRAMMYS tomorrow Sunday 8th Feb and for their new ROCK OR BUST tour!
Personal message from Slade ‘This is an amazing opportunity for me, after all most people don’t ever get to play with their favourite band once, let alone TWICE! I would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming support I have been shown personally, on the Facebook page and other social media, not one comment has gone unread and it has been very humbling, Thanks so much. We apologise for the secrecy, please understand this was for all the right reasons".

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: February 8, 2015 02:36

BluzDude

Their producer said a couple of months ago that Steve is using Malcom's exact set-up - guitars, amps, etc. - to stay faithful to his original sound.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 8, 2015 02:51

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 8, 2015 02:57

theimposter
BluzDude

Their producer said a couple of months ago that Steve is using Malcom's exact set-up - guitars, amps, etc. - to stay faithful to his original sound.

The sound is in the fingers....AC/DC without Mal is like:

Stones without Keith
The Who without Pete
Wilco without Jay Bennett
Aerosmith without Joe Perry
Pink Floyd without David Gilmour (yes I know they existed pre-Gilmour)
Yes without Steve Howe
Grateful Dead without Jerry

Yes the music may be replicated but I hope I'm not the only one who finds it somewhat sad and distasteful that they would tour as AC/DC without the heart and soul of the band. Mal was awesome and somehow replacing him just doesn't seem right, imo. peace

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 8, 2015 07:39

Hi Naturalust. As was mentioned here before, they toured in 88 on the Blow Up Your Video tour with Stevie replacing Malcolm and no one knew the difference. Visually, he's small in stature just like Angus and Malcolm. Saw that tour at BC Place in Vancouver and I had no idea.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 8, 2015 09:33

DGA35
Hi Naturalust. As was mentioned here before, they toured in 88 on the Blow Up Your Video tour with Stevie replacing Malcolm and no one knew the difference. Visually, he's small in stature just like Angus and Malcolm. Saw that tour at BC Place in Vancouver and I had no idea.

Looks like Mal, sounds like Mal...must be Mal, huh? I get it, I just think out of respect for his importance to the band and at this late stage of their careers they might have not replaced him so effortlessly....I guess I'll just miss him and am saddened by his inability to play. He is quite a character and the only one I ever enjoyed listening to during band interviews, losing that personality must make it a different band. peace

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: February 8, 2015 11:16

I actually came to accept Mal being gone, because they handled it so well, and it was his wish that they should go out one last time on tour. Plus Stevie Young is family, and the perfect guy for the job.
I am gutted that Rudd is now out. I've been a fan for 35 years, but it's over....I'm out

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 8, 2015 11:51

The revolving line-up doesn't bother me as much as th mediocrity of the latest/last album.

Date: February 8, 2015 12:06

I like this. This is all good. It will just make it easier for me to get tickets for upcoming showssmoking smiley

Date: February 8, 2015 23:12

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: February 9, 2015 03:14

They looked and sounded good tonight.

Date: February 9, 2015 03:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-09 03:25 by Cristiano Radtke.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home