Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Australia and New Zealand rescheduled show announcement Tuesday April 15
Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: May 4, 2014 07:05

Mobile site n.g. as well but thanks for the suggestion. Keep those ideas coming folks!!!!

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: May 4, 2014 07:31

rubyeveryday
Mobile site n.g. as well but thanks for the suggestion. Keep those ideas coming folks!!!!

i have a ticket on the all sold out forum. feel free to contact..

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: May 4, 2014 08:39

Ok try installing the ticketek app if you have a smartphone or tablet...

Date: May 5, 2014 05:27

I found a solution - I'm seeing them in Auckland instead of Brisbane!

Date: May 5, 2014 14:35

Great to hear you got tickets! Auckland is a great city with wonderful people.

Date: May 5, 2014 18:13

It means more holiday in NZ/Less in OZ but I got a great seat for less than the top seat price in Brisbane. I am ready to roll . . .

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 6, 2014 22:41

As time gets closer I hope we all get together and plan a gathering spot to meet and talk. There are many great spots in Central Auckland on the Harbor and trains lead to and from the stadium. Curiously, the stadium has no parking. Anyhow plenty of time for that!

Perth Perth Melbourne Sydney Auckland

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 6, 2014 23:37

kahoosier
As time gets closer I hope we all get together and plan a gathering spot to meet and talk. There are many great spots in Central Auckland on the Harbor and trains lead to and from the stadium. Curiously, the stadium has no parking. Anyhow plenty of time for that!

'

Sure it would be great to meet up. Missed you in Singapore. How time flies!

Bjornulf

Date: May 6, 2014 23:55

My friend and I are doing Adelaide, Perth 2, Melbourne, Hanging Rock, Sydney and Brisbane. Woo!

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 8, 2014 03:50

kahoosier

Kahoosier - depending on any side project gigs like Bobby/Tim etc, Im happy to host a gathering at my house in (Titirangi) Auckland on the Friday night before the Auckland show.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 8, 2014 23:29

It will be great to catch up with you in Auckland!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 9, 2014 13:32

Perth pit tickets now available. Both shows $580.

Date: May 9, 2014 23:51

WOW both Perth shows are dropping PIT tickets at $580, off course after I have in panic bought package pit tickets for each. Kind of a bitter pill to swallow, but who could know? Originally they disappeared in minutes. I guess the silver lining is that there will be less of us at the early entrance ...I just don't want to hold the extras all day long.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 02:49

ADELAIDE PERTH1 PERTH2 MELBOURNE HANGING ROCK SYDNEY HOPE ESTATE BRISBANE and AUCKLAND... YIPPEE ALL SHOWS ACCOUNTED FOR NOW "ON WITH THE SHOW"......

PITS FOR ALL ARENA SHOWS VERY EXCITED. AFTER WITNESSING THEM FROM THE PIT IN SAN JOSE CALI LAST YEAR VERY PUMPED TO HAVE FIVE PIT TICKETS IN HAND......

NOW THE FUN PART REBOOKING FLIGHTS AND ACCOMMODATION TO ALL TIE IN WITH THE SHOWS...

Date: May 10, 2014 10:49

So so tempted to buy pit for Perth but I will save my money and hope for the best with my lucky dip tickets!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 10, 2014 15:47

I was on the verge of buying a Perth pit (thanks to Deathgod for the heads up)....Hadn't planned on going to Perth as my budget only allows for one other city on my first trip to Oz, and I planned on visiting my brother in Adelaide and then doing either Sydney or Melbourne. My brother's got a permanent visa so I'll have time to see other places over the years.

But I really, really want to experience the pit!

I'm just nervous about booking a long-haul flight at the moment. Been diagnosed with severe dry eye syndrome. Just started treatment but apparently it can take months to show any improvement....

It's so hard...pit tickets still apparently available now!

I don't suppose anyone on here has experience of dry eye problems - and travelling long-haul?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 11, 2014 00:15

Everyone is different on the effects of long travel, for me I have never experienced issues on the "to" flight, although, I may collapse for a few days after I return home.

Posted by: Chris85 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 08:15

Brisbane and Perth 1 showing 'Limited Availability' for Tongue Pit so I assume some are dropping if you're quick!

Perth 2 Tongue Pit still showing as available.

Date: May 12, 2014 22:10

Pretty Amazing about those Tongue PIT tickets, especially since on the original Perth date they were sold out in minutes and remained that way even up to the day of the cancelled show. Makes me wonder just how many of these cherished spots go out to people who travel to see multiple shows that cannot or will not pay for a second trip down under in one year.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 13, 2014 09:02

Will only find out on the day of the show. Signed, Hoosier.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 16, 2014 07:15

Howdy all heading to Auckland,

I think it could be very cool if we co-ordinated a meet up on IORRians, perhaps some planning could be put in place in order to make this an epic experience for all of us..... Will it be the last gig down under EVER.

If so lets do it justice. BV. I hear your coming if this is true then I'm pretty sure I could sort out a few TV interviews and someone to sponsor our afternoon of celebration, this event will be a very signifcant moment in NZ rock history.

We unknowlingly staged Mick's last mega solo event some 50,000 + in 1988 and without much fanfare, so I don't think we should let this pass by without recognition of the social and cultural impact the band has made to our music history.

Sorting out a bar or venue isn't difficult, I have personal relationships with some of the best event planners in NZ, some of whom are engaged with the Tour operators to provide services to artists who tour here, for example Gaga, Rihanna, Springsteen & Timberlake have partaken in the hospitality available within the wider city arranged by these individuals.

I think we should go out with a monster bang, something worthy of the efforts of those who travel here...

This is my city, born, bred and proud, I'd love to show it off to you who are coming to visit. Let me know if anyones keen to R'n'R in the place we call Godown's Country

roseandthorns@hotmail.co.nz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-16 07:17 by SKILLS.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: May 16, 2014 11:18

Sounds great skills, I live in auckland and it would be sweet to meet some ppl from the board.

Date: May 16, 2014 13:21

I'll be coming from NY - first time in Auckland (or anywhere near). Let me know where the party's at and I'll be there.

Date: May 16, 2014 13:48

Rubyeverday

NY,

It would be my honour to host you.

May I say that my niece's name is Ruby Tuesday....unbelieveable but true, I couldn't take on board when my bro said that if his wife wanted to call his 2nd daughter Ruby that her second name must be "Tuesday" if he was to agree, after he got 1st dibb's on the 1st daughter's name....my beautiful niece's.
Stones fans from birth.

If anyone is prepared to travel to my home and get in touch I'm prepared to show you how we get it done "old school" in this part of the world.

Wether it be Eatin the the best, Drinkin the Finest, Hunting, Lady Entertin', or Stonesin'..... We show you that we respect the finest of the fine.

Welcome to New Zealand, The youngest Nation on this earth, with the sweetest reception

Date: May 16, 2014 18:38

That's very kind of you, Skills. Lets talk as it gets closer.

Date: May 16, 2014 22:31

SKILLS I just shot you an email to the roseandthorns address at the end of your post, so I hope that is you winking smiley There is a gentleman here that is a world class collector of Stones Memorobilia, has even converted part of his home into a Voodoo Lounge, I'm sure he'd like to be involved. I am on the ground in Devonport ready to run with this anyway I can help. Lets show people the Auckland is WORLD CLASS!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-16 22:35 by kahoosier.

Date: May 17, 2014 11:48

So far the response i've recieved leads me to believe that, this could/will be a gathering of a like minded crew that feel as I do that this event deserves and shall have an occasion worthy of the effort the Boy's are putting in themselves...

Thank you IORR

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 17, 2014 16:07

BluzDude
Everyone is different on the effects of long travel, for me I have never experienced issues on the "to" flight, although, I may collapse for a few days after I return home.

Pit tickets for Perth (2nd date) still seem to be available! Making it very hard for to me to say no...

I think I'll be okay. I'd allow a few days to recover and have lots of eye-drops to take with.

Tough choice. I should really wait until next year for my trip down under....once I've been, I won't see my brother again for a while so it's not ideal going out there so soon after he moves there. But it's such a long (and expensive trip) I hate the thought of doing it and not combining it with the stones...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 19, 2014 06:20

It's strange how life takes different twists and turns. Looks like the Stones will play, in 2015, South America Feb-Mar and then the U.S -May June July & August.

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: May 19, 2014 07:30

Also from a long time...life long fan from Auckland,
I would be in for a gathering, party or whatever before the historic event,
and can vouch for the Voodoo lounge...it is a cool cool place.
lets keep talking, and Nov will be here before we know it.
and Auckland is a great city for all interests !
Regards

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home