Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wishing Andrew Loog Oldham well.
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:12

I heard on satelitte radio Sirius/XM that Andrew broke a leg and he was going to be "off the air" for a little while until he feels better. I wish him to come back asap as I like his radio show a lot. His show, among other things, is very informative about rock and rock and the business side of it.I learned today(from the DJ who mentioned Andrew's incident) that the original title of "As Tears go By" submitted by Mick and Keith was "As Time Goes by" but Andrew changed the "time" for the "tears" and offered the song to Marianne to record.
Andrew has always plenty of good stories about the stones and he also still has great respect for his former band. Andrew has changed (that what he says); he is older, wiser and often ends up his show with "And be kind to each other..."

Rock and roll,
Mops

Re: Wishing Andrew Loog Oldham well.
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:17

Get well soon Andrew. smileys with beer

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:47

Does that mean he won't be at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 28, 2014 19:56

Best wishes to him!

Hopefully he will be back in action for the Rock Hall Induction Ceremony, although its less than two weeks away now.

A Stones' gathering of some sort in Brooklyn around Andrew would be SWEET!

"Be careful of the careless word" - ALO

Date: March 28, 2014 20:08

RollingFreak
Does that mean he won't be at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony?

That I don't know. If he is well enough he could use crutches or a wheelchair. I hope he doesn't miss it.
[rockhall.com]

Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:20

"Oh, Andrew...."

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:27

rollmops
I heard on satelitte radio Sirius/XM that Andrew broke a leg and he was going to be "off the air" for a little while until he feels better. I wish him to come back asap as I like his radio show a lot. His show, among other things, is very informative about rock and rock and the business side of it.I learned today(from the DJ who mentioned Andrew's incident) that the original title of "As Tears go By" submitted by Mick and Keith was "As Time Goes by" but Andrew changed the "time" for the "tears" and offered the song to Marianne to record.
Andrew has always plenty of good stories about the stones and he also still has great respect for his former band. Andrew has changed (that what he says); he is older, wiser and often ends up his show with "And be kind to each other..."

Rock and roll,
Mops

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 28, 2014 21:30

Thanks. I did miss him this morning. Who is MDB? The person replacing him? I love ALO's stories. He's great for us ADD'ers cuz he goes off on so many tageants!

Date: March 28, 2014 22:07

Deltics
rollmops

Rock and roll,
Mops
Thanks Deltics. Just Mick and Keith in their prime, deeper than they'll ever be, maybe. Amazing.The word "time" makes the song less sentimental than "tears" but the change was made for the romantic Marianne F.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: March 28, 2014 22:20

rollmops

Thanks Deltics. Just Mick and Keith in their prime, deeper than they'll ever be, maybe. Amazing.The word "time" makes the song less sentimental than "tears" but the change was made for the romantic Marianne F.

Apparently it was changed because it had the same title as the song that Dooley Wilson sang in the film "Casablanca".

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 28, 2014 23:39

Cafaro
Thanks. I did miss him this morning. Who is MDB? The person replacing him? I love ALO's stories. He's great for us ADD'ers cuz he goes off on so many tageants!

Michael Des Barres is filling in for him temporarily!

Date: April 3, 2014 21:04

Deltics
rollmops

Apparently it was changed because it had the same title as the song that Dooley Wilson sang in the film "Casablanca".

You are right Deltics. I emailed Andrew about it and here is his answer:

thierry;
i changed it.
did not want it compared to the song from the famous movie CASABLANCA.
hip will mend.
best, o

Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: April 3, 2014 22:01

rollmops
Deltics
rollmops

You are right Deltics. I emailed Andrew about it and here is his answer:

thierry;
i changed it.
did not want it compared to the song from the famous movie CASABLANCA.
hip will mend.
best, o

Rock and roll,
Mops

I wonder if that's the reason he got a songwriting credit?

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 21:10

A million thoughts and revelations flowing from watching these videos around ALO's days...

Hope Andrew can accept R&RHoF award by satellite or video-taped message, if he can't make it in person.

Somewhere Mick wrote that you can see how "SWEET" the Stones were in the beginning. However, they were cruel and mocking from the beginning, as "Andrew's Blues" from 1964, above, demonstrates.

After reviewing Marianne's video of "As Tears Go By", her voice was decent before the breaking of her spirit. Andrew was onto something with her. She just needed a healthy environment, which she didn't seem to want to choose for herself.

Interesting view on marriage, drugs, dreams and death by the sweet Marianne in 1968, especially in light of this sad time right now:

[youtu.be]

In the end, a bunch of lost and mixed-up, messed up, but quite intelligent kids, full of pride and insecurity, selfish ambition, lust, and unrighteous judgment, ready to bowl over anyone personally in their way to take over the world, starting with the minds of the little 13 year old girls and boys, in exchange for their money, in their endless pursuit of fame and fortune; endless, because with it came an imprisonment to their addictions. Somewhere there is a painting of this picture...

Enough on the Stones...Wish all involved healing and that they make it to heaven, and take others with them along their way, and gather some jewels in their crowns.

Happy Resurrection Sunday soon. God bless. Over and Out. Amen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home