Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: MADRID Spain 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: April 3, 2014 23:25

Always a pleasure trying to help people comming from abroad...in the same way I have been helped many times around the world. I have three girls so I understand very well the difficulty of your plans.

I may be wrong but I think that prices will go down. I had a look today and reasonable seats were at 400€ and over...you can nearly buy a VIP package for that. There are thousands of tickets for sale and people think they are going to become rich. When we get close to the concert I think that prices will go down significantly as I do not think that Spain at this moment can absorve all those tickets at those prices.

I would suggest you keep calm, look how prices evolve and decide. Probably even the day of the concert will be possible to make good deals.

I understand your concerns as you are comming with your daughter but you have also some advantages that can help you to tale the risk. First, you will be in Marbella and as I told you, it is very easy to move between Marbella and Madrid. Second, the Bernabéu Stadium is in a very good area of Madrid; that means that even in the worst case (go to the Stadium and no tickets), you will not find yourself outsider the venue in the middle of nowhere...you will find yourselve in a nice and safe area of an interesting city so you can take it as a two or three days holiday....

As I said, if I can help, just let me know. I live in Madrid so no problem at all.

Good luck!

Ya-Yas
Garbie
Hi Ya-Yas,

Hope you are Lucy and find the way to get tickets. Now prices are very high but I think they will come down when we get closer to the event. I dont think the Spanish economy will allow many people to pay too high prices for so many tickets in the secondary market. If there is anything we can do to help just let me know as I live in Madrid.

My suggestion is that if you can take your daughter go ahead with a good ear protection. All of you will always remember it and the Bernabéu Stadium is a safe place if you find seated tickets.

I took my daughter last year when she was five to see Ronnie in the Royal Albert Hall. Of course, a safe and well controled venue with tickets in the first row and the concert plus the 3 days we spent together in London is one of our best memories...

Good luck.

Hi all!

Thank you all (specially Garbie) for your kind answers. Like her parents our daughter has been a dedicated concert-goer all her life. Ear protection is needed indeed.
With the tickets there are several problems now. If it were just the two of us (The Old Lady and myself) I wouldn´t be worried at all: we would take a train from Marbella/Malaga on 25th and find a way to get in. With the Princess things are different, of course. It is a bit risky to travel through Spain and hope that we find a scalper with three decent seated tickets next to each other at the stadium. So what do you guys think? I guess all we can do now is just wait and see if something comes out.

Greetings from Finland,

Matti aka Ya-Yas

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 4, 2014 13:47

Domonkos
MoreFastNumbers
Domonkos
Yes, it's the LD ticket, I bought ONE, paid 65 Euros. I think it's an improvisation to satisfy the disappointed hordes.

Kösz. Egyébként összefuthatnánk egy sör mellett megbeszélni, hogy hogyan self-upgradeljük magunkat a Golden Circle-be winking smiley

Én bankjegyek vad osztogatására gondoltam smiling smiley, de a megbeszélést is feltétlen meg kell tartanunk a sör miatt. Civilben vegyük fel a kapcsolatot, azt javallom, nekem látható a mailcímem. Látom, nagy munkában vagy, de Lisbon miért hiányzik?

Sorry guys for the chinese, we've just figured out that we're from the same country.

Greetings to Hungary...

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: April 4, 2014 14:05

Thanks and the same to you to... anywhere. smileys with beer

ON: Any experience on concerts at the Bernabeu? Possibilities to get field tickets very close to showtime?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 14:12 by Domonkos.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: April 4, 2014 17:19

Hi, there, Garbie. We are two friends travelling from the north of Norway to Madrid. Looking very much forward to this show. We are wondering where to stay in Madrid. Do you recommend that we rent hotel rooms near the stadium? I see that you mean this is a nice area of the city. We are staying from monday to Friday. Is the stadium far from the centre of Madrid? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Garbie
Always a pleasure trying to help people comming from abroad...in the same way I have been helped many times around the world. I have three girls so I understand very well the difficulty of your plans.

I may be wrong but I think that prices will go down. I had a look today and reasonable seats were at 400€ and over...you can nearly buy a VIP package for that. There are thousands of tickets for sale and people think they are going to become rich. When we get close to the concert I think that prices will go down significantly as I do not think that Spain at this moment can absorve all those tickets at those prices.

I would suggest you keep calm, look how prices evolve and decide. Probably even the day of the concert will be possible to make good deals.

I understand your concerns as you are comming with your daughter but you have also some advantages that can help you to tale the risk. First, you will be in Marbella and as I told you, it is very easy to move between Marbella and Madrid. Second, the Bernabéu Stadium is in a very good area of Madrid; that means that even in the worst case (go to the Stadium and no tickets), you will not find yourself outsider the venue in the middle of nowhere...you will find yourselve in a nice and safe area of an interesting city so you can take it as a two or three days holiday....

As I said, if I can help, just let me know. I live in Madrid so no problem at all.

Good luck!

Ya-Yas
Garbie
Hi Ya-Yas,

Hope you are Lucy and find the way to get tickets. Now prices are very high but I think they will come down when we get closer to the event. I dont think the Spanish economy will allow many people to pay too high prices for so many tickets in the secondary market. If there is anything we can do to help just let me know as I live in Madrid.

My suggestion is that if you can take your daughter go ahead with a good ear protection. All of you will always remember it and the Bernabéu Stadium is a safe place if you find seated tickets.

I took my daughter last year when she was five to see Ronnie in the Royal Albert Hall. Of course, a safe and well controled venue with tickets in the first row and the concert plus the 3 days we spent together in London is one of our best memories...

Good luck.

Hi all!

Thank you all (specially Garbie) for your kind answers. Like her parents our daughter has been a dedicated concert-goer all her life. Ear protection is needed indeed.
With the tickets there are several problems now. If it were just the two of us (The Old Lady and myself) I wouldn´t be worried at all: we would take a train from Marbella/Malaga on 25th and find a way to get in. With the Princess things are different, of course. It is a bit risky to travel through Spain and hope that we find a scalper with three decent seated tickets next to each other at the stadium. So what do you guys think? I guess all we can do now is just wait and see if something comes out.

Greetings from Finland,

Matti aka Ya-Yas

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: April 4, 2014 20:53

Garbie

Good luck!

Garbie,
thank you for all your help, you are a good soul. Anyway, I have to point out that it would be a total disaster to travel all the way, to stand outside the Stadium with no suitable tickets for the three of us and The Stones hitting the stage so close but so far a way...

Perhaps you could drop me a line, maybe we´ll find a solution during this spring.

Matti aka Ya-Yas

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 12:40 by Ya-Yas.

Date: April 4, 2014 22:51

Hi Infamy, North of Norway...good memories, I spent there some days when I got married...13 years ago.

As you are going to stay 4 nights, in order to recommend you an area to stay it depends a lot on what do you want to do. I mean, do you want to be in the best area to go out by night? Museums, restaurants? Etc... And also, budget...depending on that will be easier to help.

The Stadium is "near" the real city center (old center) but the Stadium area is really very central (business, residential area). So it is also a very good area, very safe and with good restaurants and places to visit. The distance to the city center is around 5 kms and Takes no more than 15 minutes in a taxi, bus or subway. Anyway, the Stadium area has very good hotels but quite expensive specially during the week due to business people staying there.

Let me know a bit more what you are looking for and I am sure I will be able to help.

Infamy
Hi, there, Garbie. We are two friends travelling from the north of Norway to Madrid. Looking very much forward to this show. We are wondering where to stay in Madrid. Do you recommend that we rent hotel rooms near the stadium? I see that you mean this is a nice area of the city. We are staying from monday to Friday. Is the stadium far from the centre of Madrid? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Garbie

Good luck!

Ya-Yas
Garbie
Hi Ya-Yas,

Good luck.

Hi all!

Greetings from Finland,

Matti aka Ya-Yas

Date: April 4, 2014 22:54

Sure Matti, I will send you an email tomorrow and lets see if we can find a solution. There is still plenty of time.

Ya-Yas
Garbie

Good luck!

Garbie,
thank you for all your help, you are a good soul. Anyway, I have to point out that it would be a total disaster to travel all the way, to stand outside the Stadium with no suitable tickets for the three of us and The Stones hitting the stage so close but so far a way...

Perhaps you could drop me line, maybe we´ll find a solution during this spring. Here´s my e-mail: mattivarismaki@hotmail.com

Matti aka Ya-Yas

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 16:09

Hi from Spain,

I have my 85 euro tickets. Ticketmaster was an awful system really.

I hope the show is gonna be great. When the Stones have a bad day in some place, they usually try to do it much better if they come back to that place. Last time in Madrid wasn't a great show at all, specially because of Keith, who was nearly horrible. Sympathy or Honky Town Woman were embarrasing.

However, last time in Madrid the set list was good. It had some strange or non habitual songs, even a rare cover. I hope they come back with something similar.

Best wishes for everybody

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: April 5, 2014 18:12

I bought a LD ticket for Madrid, but I didn't get an E-ticket (to exchange at the venue for a valid ticket) like e.g. in the case of the Stockholm Lucky Dip, only a confirmation. Is this OK??

Thanks

Posted by: AlexD ()
Date: April 6, 2014 10:27

Please, please, can anyone tell me if children under a certain age are allowed for free at Bernabeu?

Date: April 6, 2014 11:26

Thank you so much for your quick response, Garbie.

Did you go to Lofoten? That`s where we live. We are two buddies travelling to Madrid, and our main target is to see the Stones, meet other fans, feel the atmosphere when the Stones are in town etc. That means no museums.smiling smiley We would like some good food(tapas), wine and beer. The hotel should be nice, clean, and with good breakfast. So where is the most "Stonesy" area of Madrid? Maybe it is smart to have a room near the centre, so we can reach everything from there? Thank you.
Garbie
Hi Infamy, North of Norway...good memories, I spent there some days when I got married...13 years ago.

As you are going to stay 4 nights, in order to recommend you an area to stay it depends a lot on what do you want to do. I mean, do you want to be in the best area to go out by night? Museums, restaurants? Etc... And also, budget...depending on that will be easier to help.

The Stadium is "near" the real city center (old center) but the Stadium area is really very central (business, residential area). So it is also a very good area, very safe and with good restaurants and places to visit. The distance to the city center is around 5 kms and Takes no more than 15 minutes in a taxi, bus or subway. Anyway, the Stadium area has very good hotels but quite expensive specially during the week due to business people staying there.

Let me know a bit more what you are looking for and I am sure I will be able to help.

Infamy

Garbie

Good luck!

Ya-Yas
Garbie
Hi Ya-Yas,

Good luck.

Hi all!

Greetings from Finland,

Matti aka Ya-Yas

Ray

Date: April 6, 2014 11:44

Infamy

Did you go to Lofoten? That`s where we live. We are two buddies travelling to Madrid, and our main target is to see the Stones, meet other fans, feel the atmosphere when the Stones are in town etc. That means no museums.smiling smiley We would like some good food(tapas), wine and beer. The hotel should be nice, clean, and with good breakfast. So where is the most "Stonesy" area of Madrid? Maybe it is smart to have a room near the centre, so we can reach everything from there? Thank you.

Malasana could be a great place to get a room for you, I booked my hotel there and can't wait. [en.wikipedia.org]
But I would love to hear a madridian opinion as well.

Date: April 6, 2014 14:31

Looks like a nice area, Domonkos. I can`t find it when I search for hotel rooms on hotels.com, though. Any landmarks near by that I can use to narrow my search? Or maybe this part of Madrid has another name? Thanks!

Domonkos
Infamy

Malasana could be a great place to get a room for you, I booked my hotel there and can't wait. [en.wikipedia.org]
But I would love to hear a madridian opinion as well.

Ray

Date: April 6, 2014 15:50

Looks like a nice area, Domonkos. I can`t find it when I search for hotel rooms on hotels.com, though. Any landmarks near by that I can use to narrow my search? Or maybe this part of Madrid has another name? Thanks!

The heart of that area is a square called Plaza Dos de Mayo. Between the Gran Vía and Bilbao metro stations. If you use the map search of hotels.com or booking.com you will find it for sure. Good selection of cheap hostels and boutique pensions or few stars hotels. Hope this helps, but please note that I'm not from Madrid, so let's wait for their advices too. Malasana (or Maravillas) is the center of the alternative or underground nightlife, I mean no mainstream eurodiscos there. I'm not sure if it's a quiet neigbourhood for a good sleep though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 15:51 by Domonkos.

Date: April 6, 2014 16:15

Domonkos

The heart of that area is a square called Plaza Dos de Mayo. Between the Gran Vía and Bilbao metro stations. If you use the map search of hotels.com or booking.com you will find it for sure. Good selection of cheap hostels and boutique pensions or few stars hotels. Hope this helps, but please note that I'm not from Madrid, so let's wait for their advices too. Malasana (or Maravillas) is the center of the alternative or underground nightlife, I mean no mainstream eurodiscos there. I'm not sure if it's a quiet neigbourhood for a good sleep though.
Thank you so much, Domonkos. Now it`s easy to find. Let`s hear from Garbie from Madrid before I deside.

Ray

Date: April 6, 2014 16:57

Hi all, busy now but I will give you my comments tonight if possible or, if not, tomorrow.

Domonkos, you are not from Madrid but your suggestions are excellent. I will try to give you some more ideas and to increase a bit the area in which you can look for a hotel.

Infamy
Domonkos

Thank you so much, Domonkos. Now it`s easy to find. Let`s hear from Garbie from Madrid before I deside.

Date: April 6, 2014 19:38

Sounds fantastic, Garbie. Looking forward to it. Thanks, again.

Garbie
Hi all, busy now but I will give you my comments tonight if possible or, if not, tomorrow.

Domonkos, you are not from Madrid but your suggestions are excellent. I will try to give you some more ideas and to increase a bit the area in which you can look for a hotel.

Infamy
Domonkos

Ray

Date: April 7, 2014 22:50

Ok, lets go. The suggestion from Domonkos is very good. Malasaña is a very good central area to be in Madrid. In my opinion, the best bars, pubs, etc...with good music are there (nothing to do with the modern big discos which I dont like). Full of live, restaurants, small bars with good music, different people, musicals in Gran Vía Street (our "Broadway")...and you can visit walking the whole central-old-typical area of Madrid (Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor...). Quite noisy by night although not a big problem as during the week will not be as noisy as during the weekends.

I think well advised Stone fans comming from outside will probably be there.

But also, several streets around Malasaña are also really nice and similar to what I explained above so you can broaden the area to look for a hotel. I think the best would be to consider 3 areas which are together; Malasaña-Gran Vía-Chueca. The easiest way to identify the whole are would be to use a map with the tube stations. If you have it, you just need to make a line with the following stations;San Bernardo-Alonso Martínez-Chueca-Gran Vía-Santo Domingo. If you draw a line with those stations, you will have something like a square and all which is inside is the area that I mentioned (Malasaña-Gran Vía-Chueca). Then, just need to check different hotels and find what better suits you. Probably you will find bigger hotels (not necessarily better) in Gran Via as it is a bigger street.

Once you have some hotels in mind, if you want me to give some advise it will be a pleasure.

From this area to the Stadium, you have around 5 kms that you can even cover walking...in June the weather will be fantastic (hot but not as much as in July-August) so walking and having some drinks in the dozens of terrazes you will find is not a bad idea. If not, taxi or tube and in 15 minutes you are there.

Hope this helps. Any other thing you need, just ask!

[quote=Garbie

Infamy
Domonkos

[/quote]

Posted by: Strzykawa ()
Date: April 8, 2014 00:36

Hi Guys !

What about the sales on viagogo.com ? is it safe or what ?
Please help me, because I have to go definitaly to Madrid (I got the fly from Warsaw now).
I see that tickets price is very expensive, but I hope the price will go down in few or several days.

I know that I'm not alone with this case confused smiley

Date: April 8, 2014 09:35

AlexD
Please, please, can anyone tell me if children under a certain age are allowed for free at Bernabeu?

No

Posted by: DDcubitus ()
Date: April 8, 2014 12:42

Good morning from Madrid

I have just ONE arena ticket for the concert in Madrid for sale. Send me a PM if you are interested. The price is 200€.

my email: crls_amc@yahoo.es

If you need any info about the city you can also ask me by email.

Date: April 8, 2014 19:42

Thank you so very, very much, Garbie. This was very helpful indeed. The only website that I found where you could draw an area on the map is Google hotel finder. Very useful and highly recommended. I have booked rooms at this hotel on the Gran Via: Senator Gran Via 21 It`s got good value for money and is situated in the area you suggested. I think this will be just great. Thank you so much, once again. Now we just have to follow this thread for a pre-show meeting point. I`m ready for what will be my Stones show number ten. smileys with beer

Garbie
Ok, lets go. The suggestion from Domonkos is very good. Malasaña is a very good central area to be in Madrid. In my opinion, the best bars, pubs, etc...with good music are there (nothing to do with the modern big discos which I dont like). Full of live, restaurants, small bars with good music, different people, musicals in Gran Vía Street (our "Broadway")...and you can visit walking the whole central-old-typical area of Madrid (Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor...). Quite noisy by night although not a big problem as during the week will not be as noisy as during the weekends.

I think well advised Stone fans comming from outside will probably be there.

But also, several streets around Malasaña are also really nice and similar to what I explained above so you can broaden the area to look for a hotel. I think the best would be to consider 3 areas which are together; Malasaña-Gran Vía-Chueca. The easiest way to identify the whole are would be to use a map with the tube stations. If you have it, you just need to make a line with the following stations;San Bernardo-Alonso Martínez-Chueca-Gran Vía-Santo Domingo. If you draw a line with those stations, you will have something like a square and all which is inside is the area that I mentioned (Malasaña-Gran Vía-Chueca). Then, just need to check different hotels and find what better suits you. Probably you will find bigger hotels (not necessarily better) in Gran Via as it is a bigger street.

Once you have some hotels in mind, if you want me to give some advise it will be a pleasure.

From this area to the Stadium, you have around 5 kms that you can even cover walking...in June the weather will be fantastic (hot but not as much as in July-August) so walking and having some drinks in the dozens of terrazes you will find is not a bad idea. If not, taxi or tube and in 15 minutes you are there.

Hope this helps. Any other thing you need, just ask!

[quote=Garbie

Infamy
Domonkos

[/quote]

Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-08 21:36 by Infamy.

Date: April 9, 2014 10:52

Great choice, Infamy. Don´t know the hotel inside but looks nice and you will be in the middle of everything. Very busy area with lots of things to do during the day and also by night. I see there is a terrace in the hotel with swimmingpool so will be great to have a drink and enjoy the views from there.

Yes, lets follow the thread and see if we can do something. Most of the Spanish will be working that week (mee too...) but sure we can scape some hours.

I will explain a bit more when we are near to the date of the show, but just as an advance; Madrid is a very safe city, even safer than most of the European capitals that I know, but there are 2 things you need to be careful; pickpoketing (specially in the city center where there are a lot of tourists) and taxis that sometimes will try to charge and extra amount when they see you are not local (it is a pitty as many of them are honest but some others not so much). I will give you some tips to avoid it.

Infamy
Thank you so very, very much, Garbie. This was very helpful indeed. The only website that I found where you could draw an area on the map is Google hotel finder. Very useful and highly recommended. I have booked rooms at this hotel on the Gran Via: Senator Gran Via 21 It`s got good value for money and is situated in the area you suggested. I think this will be just great. Thank you so much, once again. Now we just have to follow this thread for a pre-show meeting point. I`m ready for what will be my Stones show number ten. smileys with beer

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:12

Garbie
Great choice, Infamy. Don´t know the hotel inside but looks nice and you will be in the middle of everything. Very busy area with lots of things to do during the day and also by night. I see there is a terrace in the hotel with swimmingpool so will be great to have a drink and enjoy the views from there.

Yes, lets follow the thread and see if we can do something. Most of the Spanish will be working that week (mee too...) but sure we can scape some hours.

I will explain a bit more when we are near to the date of the show, but just as an advance; Madrid is a very safe city, even safer than most of the European capitals that I know, but there are 2 things you need to be careful; pickpoketing (specially in the city center where there are a lot of tourists) and taxis that sometimes will try to charge and extra amount when they see you are not local (it is a pitty as many of them are honest but some others not so much). I will give you some tips to avoid it.

Infamy

SENATOR GRAN VIA 21 is a very good choice. I was there for 4 days and I had lived next to it for 3 years. I know well this area. As Garbi says, you just have to be careful with pickpockets, don't hang around with expensive items,..but
don't worry, there is no violence in Madrid streets.

Areas to be visited (few minutes walking): Parque El Retiro, big green area in the heart of Madrid, small lake with boats to rent with your girls or family,
, Museo El Prado, Malasaña (rock bars, coffee shops,...), El Sol rock club (next to the hotel, check it out agenda for these days), Chueca (gay zone, it's up to you- with many restaurants where everyone is welcome), Gran Via itself (cinemas, music spectacles,...), Callao (FNAC, big stores).

You won't need any taxi in Madrid, use subway, even from airport. Taxi from airport costs 30-35 euros.

La Latina quartier, full of tapas bars, so typical to Madrid citizens, Plaza Mayor and "bocata de calamares" ñam, ñam... Puerta del Sol, Plaza Santa Ana, Huertas streets -bars and music-

FOR MORE INFO.... JUST ASK smileys with beer

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 17:33 by spain73.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:44

Been to Madrid twice now and really enjoyed my time there.

spain73 has given all the best places to go and see, and pick up a pocket map of metro at airport or rail station.

Tourist office in Plaza Mayor is excellant and I will be staying in a cheap and cheerfull hostel about 100 metres away.

Really central and close to Sol Metro station. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 11, 2014 12:45

Has anybody at all managed to get Pista VIP for Madrid in the presale (or elsewhere for face value) ?

Date: April 11, 2014 14:47

when I get my tickets (GA), the girl on the phone asked me to wait while she checked for available Premium tickets. A minute later she said there were no Premium tickets. It's very strange.

Tickets staff is suppossed to see live if there are tickets or not, they don't need to stop the conversation for a while.

Whom did she ask for those tickets?
All of them booked for VIP packages?
For second market?
So many questions about Madrid ticket selling....

You know, Spain is different, but not always for good reasons....

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 11, 2014 15:23

I got a VIP ticket from event travel if you go to the official Rolling Stones ticket page and click on VIP tickets it sends you to the event travel website so all above board but it is NOT cheap.

Thanks
Nate

Date: April 11, 2014 15:42

Yes, but... does anybody get a Premium ticket from Ticketmaster in the usual ticket selling time?
Not from VIP package or Event travel.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 11, 2014 15:47

perhaps ticketmaster.es should be reported to European Commission

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home