Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 43
Re: BERLIN Germany 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 15, 2014 23:38

MaddOli
I'm selling 2 x Block F tickets for Waldbuhne.

Asking £470 for both (covering all costs).

e-mail me on [email protected]

£470 is about 570 Euro, right? If I am not mistaken, the face value of a ticket in the block F was 161,5 Euro, it menas 323 Euro for 2 tickets + 20-30 Euro of postage. You are asking 220 Euro extra for covering all costs. If this is not scalping, I don't know what is!

Edit: As some pointed out, the original price of the ticket was 196 Euro, so it is 392 Euro plus some postage. So the "seller" asks for "only" about 150 Euro extra on those 2 tickets. It doesn't make it any less unacceptable I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-16 16:29 by Happy24.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 16, 2014 00:12

(Have an extra block D for face, plus postage, can show receipt.)

Edited to add: (Sold, 4/16.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-16 16:41 by angee.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 16, 2014 01:25

Happy24

If I am not mistaken, the face value of a ticket in the block F was 161,5 Euro [...]

Ticket prices: see my Post on Page 10 in this Thread: [www.iorr.org] , Block F was PK2 = face value 196 EUR a Ticket.

You can still see the prices / PK when you click on the Blocks in the venue plan on Ticketmaster.de.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-16 11:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: April 16, 2014 05:55

Happy24
MaddOli

£470 is about 570 Euro, right? If I am not mistaken, the face value of a ticket in the block F was 161,5 Euro, it menas 323 Euro for 2 tickets + 20-30 Euro of postage. You are asking 220 Euro extra for covering all costs. If this is not scalping, I don't know what is!

I answered that mail just after the lucky-dip tickets was sold from my job-mail, and got a reply at once with a question of what my offer was in £. That's scalping.

Per Arne

(I have got a ticket now - My friend scored 2 lucky dip tickets)

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 16, 2014 13:13

Happy24
MaddOli

Wrrronng Happy: We all in Block F payed 196 Euro to Ticketmaster. Don´t know where you got the price from - may be without taxes.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 16, 2014 16:26

caschimann
Wrrronng Happy: We all in Block F payed 196 Euro to Ticketmaster. Don´t know where you got the price from - may be without taxes.

All right, I thougt the ticket was in another price cathegory - the further blocks were for 161,5 Euro.

Anyway, he doesn't charge 220 Euro extra on 2 tickets. He charges 150 Euro extra on 2 tickets. That doesn't make it any different in my opinion. Filthy scalping and nothing else.

Posted by: MaddOli ()
Date: April 16, 2014 17:50

*Meant to put a € and not a £.

And actually I paid rougly £395 for my tickets. = €480.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 17, 2014 14:50

How is the area around the O2?

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 14:59

MingSubu

Not interesting. It is directly next to the Ostbahnhof and a bit boring. There's one of the few remaining pieces of Wall along the river Spree.
There's a nice old bridge. Use it to get to the other side of the river, there is an area a bit more interesting with bars etc.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 17, 2014 21:27

if you are interested in the Berlin Wall you can visit the Berlin Wall Memorial:
[www.berliner-mauer-gedenkstaette.de]

The Wall and art:
[www.eastsidegallery-berlin.de]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 17, 2014 21:46

MingSubu

You do know that the concert in Berlin is not at the O2 but at the Waldbühne ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 17, 2014 22:18

How's the tube connection around midnight?
Planning to go to Aerosmith in the O2 and would like to get back to the Waldbuhne area after that.

Date: April 18, 2014 04:03

Rolling Hansie
MingSubu

You do know that the concert in Berlin is not at the O2 but at the Waldbühne ?

I have Aerosmith tickets.

Date: April 18, 2014 05:47

Well, how about the tube/bus connections near the Waldbühne?

Are there places to eat and drink around the Waldbühne? Anyone know any specifics?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2014 10:20

Public Transport Berlin (Network map, Timetables & Journey planner): [www.bvg.de] .

More about the Berlin S-Bahn and U-Bahn in Wikipedia.

There are some entries in Google Maps and Bing Maps about Restaurants around the Waldbühne / Olympic Stadium.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 18, 2014 19:13

MingSubu
I have Aerosmith tickets.

OK, I got it. Have a great time

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 18, 2014 22:16

Irix, thanks for the general pointers to Wikipedia, Google and general maps of Berlin's
transportation system.

However, if at all possible, I would like more particulars from people who may know from
experience traveling in the area. If you, or anyone may have a link for the restaurants and bars around the Waldbühne, for example, that would be great. I can check, and I have checked some of your sources in the
past, which seem similar to these, and those are appreciated.

On transportation,
I would like more specific information, from how to get from near the venue to the airport, for example.
If *anyone* is willing to communicate with me through email, I could ask better questions. Please write me,
at your convenience.

Sorry to be so dumb...I have looked myself some. I have also seen people in this forum ask much more
well-formulated questions than me on these matters, and they get good answers. This is only my
second time in Germany, the first in Bielefeld for a conference, many years ago.

Maybe too, more will come out from those in the know, in late May, early June.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-18 22:32 by angee.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 18, 2014 23:07

BowieStone
Planning to go to Aerosmith in the O2 and would like to get back to the Waldbuhne area after that.

Here's a route for 10 min. past midnight of that night:

[www.fahrinfo-berlin.de]

You catch the U1 underground train from Warschauer Brücke and change at Wittenbergplatz to U2 to Olympia-stadion.
this trip will take about 50 minutes and will cost you 2.60€

Date: April 18, 2014 23:25

I'd say forget about restaurants and bars around the Waldbühne.
it's sorta on the outskirts of Berlin, so to say. lots of trees and lakes and nothing going on.
take the underground train U1 into the middle of Berlin or at least Charlottenburg.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 18, 2014 23:36

open-g
BowieStone

Here's a route for 10 min. past midnight of that night:

[www.fahrinfo-berlin.de]

You catch the U1 underground train from Warschauer Brücke and change at Wittenbergplatz to U2 to Olympia-stadion.
this trip will take about 50 minutes and will cost you 2.60€

Do you know how late trains run from the Waldbuhne area back into the city? I couldn't figure it out from this site as I didn't know what stations to input.

Date: April 19, 2014 00:18

Aquamarine

Do you know how late trains run from the Waldbuhne area back into the city? I couldn't figure it out from this site as I didn't know what stations to input.

Looks like the last S-Bahn (S5) leaves S-Bahn Station Pichelsberg at 00:43 heading to Ostbahnhof (which is near O2 World)

later you would have to use night busses M49 and N2.

btw, If anyone is coming to Berlin earlier, on Sunday afternoon there's "Karneval der Kulturen" on the streets of Kreuzberg.
[www.xhain.info]

Date: April 19, 2014 03:04

Thanks a lot, open-g! smiling smiley That seems very reasonable--I'm still reeling from the first O2 show in 2012, when we didn't get Satisfaction so that the audience could get the last train!

Date: April 19, 2014 04:48

Thanks open-g, I may email for more info. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 19, 2014 12:33

I just got back from a trip to Berlin. What a fantastic, wonderful city it is. So much to do and see. If any of you are there on a Sunday then GO to the thift stores that are scattered all around the city on that day. I bought about 20 odd vinyl LP's for a ridiculously low amount of money. The market on museum island was the best IMO. Spent around 50 cents - 5 euros for each individual purchase. Bought Undercover (never had it on vinyl) and it came with all the inserts and a fan club flyer from back in the 80's which shows how well loved the vinyls are for it to still be in there!

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: April 19, 2014 14:24

@ Angee and Aquamarine and all other visitors to Berlin:

In general you don`t have to worry about public transportation in Berlin. Berlin is one of the best connected cities in the world. Busses and trains all through the night. You don`t have to make plans, just go with the people and ask when you leaving the venue. Everybody is speaking English.

By the way: It seems that the concert is starting at 19.00 !! With no support act this might be a daylight concert and it ends when the evening is just starting..
Even with a supportact the concert has to end at 22:30 . So that`s early for Berlin.

Don`t worry and welcome to Berlin!

Tom

Date: April 19, 2014 17:16

Thanks for the welcome, Tom! Email sent.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-19 17:17 by angee.

Date: April 19, 2014 20:05

Some things to do, while visiting.

[www.timeout.com]

[www.expatica.com]

[www.tripadvisor.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-19 20:08 by MingSubu.

Date: April 19, 2014 23:54

Thanks, Tom and MingSubu! Looking forward to it even more now!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 20, 2014 01:11

Arriving late on Monday night flying straight after work. Booked the Reichstag for Tuessday morning. Staying in Charlottenburg. Thanks for all helpful infohot smiley

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: April 23, 2014 15:56

Dear fellows, my own experience for Berlin

First use google map with adresses, venue, hotel and what you want.
You will see the station on the map with a white S inside a green circle or/and a white U indise a blue square. S and U are kind or metro/subway/RER/trains depending of how you use to name it in your country.
Just left click on those symbols and magic, there is the station name and the lines. Take a little bit care because there is some mistakes, and/or sometimes the line does not stop at the station at any time.

Then take a look at that page [www.s-bahn-berlin.de]
Just enter the station names, the date, the approximate hours, yes, it is in english (but there is of course the german one, on my side I do not read german)

Okay, you can have a doubt between Pichelsberg or Olympiastadion for the venue ..., at the end it is a 250 meters or 800 meters by foot! (I do not know in inches ...). In both cases it is the S5 line. Every 10 minutes in both ways from very soon to very late. With a show announced at 7pm, you will reach the S5 at 10pm ?

For those who will reach by car, parking lots close to the venue are not so large. But there is some others on the East side, near stadium. Somebody told me that you cannot park in the streets in that area (well you can but possible you'll not find tour car later).

Hope that helps.

On my own concern, I am still searching for the exact location of box offices (my lucky dip tickets). I sent several emails to the venue (it's to say to every email I found on their site) but received no answer at all.

See U in Berlin

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home