Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: LISBON Portugal 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: March 31, 2014 23:15

Paid the tickets to Ticketmaster.de by bank transfer today, and flight is booked! Really looking forward to this, I have never been to Portugal and it will be great! smiling smiley But dare not cheer and shout of joy until tickets are in hand...hehe.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 1, 2014 00:11

ironbelly
marquess
Nate
Hi, I'm thinking of coming to Lisbon but I'm wondering if anyone knows is this gig just one ticket type so I could get to the front of the stage with a regular ticket?

I am also wondering how is it getting to the festival from the city centre ?

Thanks
Nate

Hello!

it is a Festival, so far only G.A. tickets sold (price €69,00).

Regards.
There were VIP packages today @ [www.fnac.pt]
257,71 Euros

Hello,

Indeed, but the VIP tickets are for an area waaay back (like a Sponsor's tent that you have in tenis tournaments) where you have free booze, food, and the find the socialites.
This VIP tent is usually 150-200 meters back from the stage.
The Rock in Rio festival takes place in Bela Vista Park, that has the natural shape of a huge amphiteater, and this VIP tent stays back on top of the hill.
You have a big balcony where you can see the whole place and the interaction of the audience and the band that is playing.
The place is huge (capacity of 90.000 tickets).
Unless the organization changes the setup for this edition, this has been the usual setup since the first edition, back in 2004.

I hope I helped!
:-)

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 11, 2014 13:00

i'm thinking of going to this show, and this show only winking smiley the price is right and lisbon looks beautiful!

Date: April 11, 2014 22:44

You will be welcome!!

Date: April 13, 2014 00:49

Just wondering if I should contact Ticketmaster DE and ask if they will really send the tickets after payment as it was stated they would by bank transfer.... As we have paid a transfer fee, I would really be disappointed if we have to do will-call! Any thoughts?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 13, 2014 03:35

LQ1977
Just wondering if I should contact Ticketmaster DE and ask if they will really send the tickets after payment as it was stated they would by bank transfer.... As we have paid a transfer fee, I would really be disappointed if we have to do will-call! Any thoughts?

I've bought my ticket on March 25, and I've received an e-mail today telling me the ticket will be delivered after Abril 15.

Date: April 13, 2014 23:45

Thank you Cristiano, that is good news! I ordered my tickets March 28 and paid March 31. So, hopefully I get an e-mail later this week - and tickets late April.

Date: April 14, 2014 00:05

Don't worry, you'll get your tickets on time. smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 14, 2014 09:28

Got mine last week - delivered by UPS. No problem. Hope it will be a warm and sunny day in Lisbon.

Date: April 16, 2014 17:27

I've got a mail today. My ticket was posted and will be delivered soon, I hope.

Date: April 17, 2014 11:37

although not available now, revaldo tickets are in contrast with pre-allocated seating....think the pre-allocated is the VIP?

Date: April 22, 2014 23:17

My ticket was just delivered. See you on the road! smileys with beer

Date: April 24, 2014 05:47

i just bought flight and show ticket! with only 3 pages devoted to this show, not many of us will be there, it seems

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 24, 2014 09:26

Bought my ticket yesterday through See Tickets - they said the ticket will be available for collection at the gig. Have booked flights and hotel so am all ready for Lisbon! Going to the Paris show as well.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 24, 2014 10:17

I would never have thought they would be onsale at Seetickets! Good for you! Enjoy.

Date: April 24, 2014 11:12

I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster.de and after my request after tickets, their answer is as following:

"Unfortunately willcall is the only delivery option available for this event.
That is a fixed rule by the organiser and we cannot change that."

But if you have already received your tickets, Cristiano, this cannot be entirely true? May I ask which "ticket supplier" you bought your tickets through? If the organiser (Rock in Rio) only allows will-call, then that should apply for everyone who buys tickets, right?

I am a bit annoyed, to be honest. I paid a bank transfer fee to get my tickets in the mail, as it was stated in the payment methods that bank transfer ("the most popular payment method!") would mean sending the tickets to me after payment. If I had known it was not possible after all, I would of course have paid by credit card as I usually do - and would avoid the fee!

Hyde Park last year comes to mind.... Picking up the tickets the same day makes me nervous (although that went smoothly after all)! Luckily, we arrive evening Tuesday 27 May and I hope to pick up the tickets already 28 May. But where, and when can we do that?!

Date: April 24, 2014 18:37

LQ1977

But if you have already received your tickets, Cristiano, this cannot be entirely true? May I ask which "ticket supplier" you bought your tickets through? If the organiser (Rock in Rio) only allows will-call, then that should apply for everyone who buys tickets, right?

I've bought my ticket through the Rock in Rio website on the first day they went on sale. On this website you had the option to choose which country you live, so in this case I think there was a lot of ways for you to choose how to receive your ticket (via mail or collecting it at the venue).

Date: April 24, 2014 21:14

A friend of mine just called me to say that he and 5 of his friends are going to Lisbon too. This concert itself was already great, but now it will be fun! smileys with beer

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: April 24, 2014 22:17

Cristiano Radtke
A friend of mine just called me to say that he and 5 of his friends are going to Lisbon too. This concert itself was already great, but now it will be fun! smileys with beer

agreed, the gig already sounds fantastic, I'm also meeting a bunch of friends from Europe and friends in Lisbon confirm crowds are "crazy and wild" smileys with beer

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: April 24, 2014 22:23

zgubi
Cristiano Radtke

agreed, the gig already sounds fantastic, I'm also meeting a bunch of friends from Europe and friends in Lisbon confirm crowds are "crazy and wild" smileys with beer

I've never heard that, but it sounds great to me. This will make me think like I'm seeing a concert in my own home country. drinking smiley

Date: April 24, 2014 23:11

There were no alternatives as ticket delivery was concerned, as far as I remember... But as it was stated in "bank transfer as payment" that tickets would be sent after payment, I took it for granted... Alas! It is not so. So, that bank fee was down the drain and we now have to pick up the tickets there after all. I hope it will turn out OK, and that we can pick them up 28 May.

Date: April 25, 2014 00:09

LQ1977
There were no alternatives as ticket delivery was concerned, as far as I remember... But as it was stated in "bank transfer as payment" that tickets would be sent after payment, I took it for granted... Alas! It is not so. So, that bank fee was down the drain and we now have to pick up the tickets there after all. I hope it will turn out OK, and that we can pick them up 28 May.

If the only way for you to get your ticket is to pick it up at the box office, don't worry. I've already done this a lot of times before and it always worked.

Date: April 25, 2014 13:38

Thank you Cristiano, for the words of comfort. smiling smiley I am sure it works out alright. Perhaps (?) we even get to pick up the tickets at the box office the day before?

I am really looking forward to go to Lisbon, I have never been in Portugal and my cousin and I will have such a great time no matter what! cool smiley

Date: April 25, 2014 16:06

LQ1977
Thank you Cristiano, for the words of comfort. smiling smiley I am sure it works out alright. Perhaps (?) we even get to pick up the tickets at the box office the day before?

I am really looking forward to go to Lisbon, I have never been in Portugal and my cousin and I will have such a great time no matter what! cool smiley

I was reading this section of the portuguese Rock in Rio website, and the will call dates are only in festival dates, i.e., you can pick up your tickets on may 29, from 12pm to 22pm.

Date: April 25, 2014 23:58

Oh well, I am sure it works out. Worst "shock" is over, hehe. Thanks for the info! smiling smiley

Date: April 26, 2014 01:36

i also got my ticket on the rock in rio site...paying 40 euros to get it sent to the US...i want to be fighting the wild and crazy people to get to FOS instead of waiting in line at will call.....this is a lot time ago but for the 99 tour of the UK, my ticket for edinburgh was not at will call. they had to create a new one for me (hand-written) then had to struggle to get close to the stage....i found the edinburgh ticket stapled to my sheffield ticket when i went to sheffield afterward.

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: May 3, 2014 22:35

Does anyone know what time they will start their performance that day?

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: May 3, 2014 23:16

Hi all.

I have no idea about the start time.
But I remember the show in Porto, 2006. August, 12.
Several minutes past 22:00 local time, after the sun had slipped away.

Lovely night.

Date: May 4, 2014 00:11

Hello!

It will depend of starting time if the support bands:
-Rui Veloso (blues based rock, one of the founders of the portuguese rock'n'roll movement in the late seventies)
- Gary Clark Jr: you know the man
-Xutos & Pontapés (best r'r Portuguese band, they just celebrated their 35th anniversary - they supported the Stones in 2003 in Coimbra) The crowd will go wild with them, as always, the mood will be great to receive the Stones.

So, to have the Stones at 22:00 the first band should start at 18:30 which is little bit early for Portuguese standards.

I will call the organization and try to have this information and share it here.

Regards!

Date: May 14, 2014 05:46

Show is sold out.

80.000 tickets!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home