Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: The return of the legendary Kate Bush - gigs in London this summer
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:08

Music legend legend Kate will play 15 shows at London's Hammersmith Apollo in August and September this summer.

Here's the story in the UK's Daily Telegraph.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Kate Bush will tour in August for the first time since 1979, the singer announced this morning. Bush, 55, announced the Before the Dawn tour on Friday morning, causing her website, katebush.com, to crash and her name to trend on Twitter as the news broke.

She will play 15 gigs, all at the London Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith, starting on August 26. The tickets will go on sale from Friday, March 28 and prices start at £49, ranging to £135.

Bush has rarely been seen on stage since the early days of her career. In 1979 she retired from touring after just one six-week tour, reportedly because of her inability to be completely in control of the live performance and a also because of fear of flying. During the tour, her lighting director, 21-year-old Bill Duffield, died after an accident which severely affected Bush.

However, the singer told Mojo magazine in 2011 that she simply found touring too exhausting, albeit enjoyable. Bush went on to say, however, that she would like to return to the stage before she became "too ancient". "I still don't give up hope completely that I'll be able to do some live work", she said, "but it's certainly not in the picture at the moment because I just don't quite know how that would work with how my life is now."

Aged just 20, Bush was at the peak of her career during The Tour of Life, having topped the charts for four consecutive weeks with Wuthering Heights in 1978, although she went on to release 10 albums, three of which went to number one. Never for Ever, which Bush released after her last tour, made her the first British solo female artist to enter the album chart at number one.

Bush has reportedly been taking time out of her career in recent years to raise her son, Berite, however she was awarded a CBE in 2013 for services to music, after receiving a Brit Award nomination in 2012 and released two albums in 2011: The Director's Cut, a reworking of her older works, and 50 Words for Snow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 13:08 by Silver Dagger.

Re: OT: The return of the legendary Kate Bush - gigs in London this summer
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:15

Wow!

- Doxa

Date: March 21, 2014 13:28

Indeed Wow, Doxa old boy. I was lucky enough to see her on her only ever tour - The Tour Of Life - at Hammersmith Odeon, now Apoillo, in autumn 1979. Actually I saw her again at one of her few charity shows at the Dominion in 1985 when she performed in front of Prince Charles and Lady Diana at the Dominion Theatre. Also on that bill were Robert Plant and Pete Townshend.

For her fans this is a really big deal and I'm sure the shows will sell out very quickly.

Are you a big fan?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:39

Yeh! She is good ,our Kate.

Loved her songs back in the old days.

She came across to me as a very English sort of girl. An English Rose.

Funny how they call it a tour with only one venue. Hopefuly cos more dates and venues to be announced. smileys with beer

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:40

That would be very cool to see. I'm sure she will have a top flight band. Her music holds up well.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:15

Silver Dagger
Indeed Wow, Doxa old boy. I was lucky enough to see her on her only ever tour - The Tour Of Life - at Hammersmith Odeon, now Apoillo, in autumn 1979. Actually I saw her again at one of her few charity shows at the Dominion in 1985 when she performed in front of Prince Charles and Lady Diana at the Dominion Theatre. Also on that bill were Robert Plant and Pete Townshend.

For her fans this is a really big deal and I'm sure the shows will sell out very quickly.

Are you a big fan?

Yeah, I am. I don't know how big, but that woman is simply irrestible. Funnily, last night I joked with my friend of who would like to see live, and her name popped up - both of us being damn sure that she will never perform...grinning smiley

You Silver Dagger sound like seeing every damn great act, and in their prime, of this world. Being in a right place at the right time?thumbs up

I still feer sorry that we couldn't meet at Hyde Park last summer. That was entirely my fault - I had some hassles and I lost your phone number... But I hope there will be another chance!

- Doxa

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:19

Kate Bush? I'd walk barefoot over hot coals to see her.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:29

walk!!! ... heck Scooby you don't seem to be in much of a hurry ta see her ...hha

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:31

Rockman
walk!!! ... heck Scooby you don't seem to be in much of a hurry ta see her ...hha

Well I've waited this long a stroll across hot coals is neither here or there!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:32

Legendary?

Date: March 21, 2014 14:34

Doxa
Silver Dagger

Are you a big fan?

Yeah, I am. I don't know how big, but that woman is simply irrestible. Funnily, last night I joked with my friend of who would like to see live, and her name popped up - both of us being damn sure that she will never perform...grinning smiley

You Silver Dagger sound like seeing every damn great act, and in their prime, of this world. Being in a right place at the right time?thumbs up

I still feer sorry that we couldn't meet at Hyde Park last summer. That was entirely my fault - I had some hassles and I lost your phone number... But I hope there will be another chance!

- Doxa

I'm sure once the terrible current situation is resolved the Stones will play London again and then we can meet up for that long overdue beer Doxa.

Date: March 21, 2014 14:36

tatters
Legendary?

Definitely legendary. Maybe not so much in America but pretty much the rest of the world. Don't you reckon so Tatters?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:58 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 21, 2014 15:12

Silver Dagger

Are you a big fan?

I was at that incredible concert as well, although I believe it was in 1982. (But I don't recall Princess Diana being there, much to my surprise.) Others on the bill were Joan Armatrading, Jethro Tull, Phil Collins, Midge Ure, Mick Karn, Gary Brooker, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant, and Madness. Here's a video of Kate from that concert. Unfortunately, the poor girl had a 'wardrobe malfunction' during her performance.
Incidentally, the air was thick with the sweet smell of hashish. I wonder if his royal highness got a contact high.
And yes, I am a big fan!

Kate Bush - The Wedding List at the Prince's Trust Rock Gala, 1982

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 15:24

Wow fantastic news.

Fingers crossed she does some more cities in the uk.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 21, 2014 15:26

I actually think it's worth making the trip. That's astounding news.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 21, 2014 15:31

I would prefer pulling my teeth without anasthetics over a Kate Bush live show.

Mathijs

Date: March 21, 2014 15:33

3DTeafoe
Silver Dagger

Are you a big fan?

I was at that incredible concert as well, although I believe it was in 1982. (But I don't recall Princess Diana being there, much to my surprise.) Others on the bill were Joan Armatrading, Jethro Tull, Phil Collins, Midge Ure, Mick Karn, Gary Brooker, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant, and Madness. Here's a video of Kate from that concert. Unfortunately, the poor girl had a 'wardrobe malfunction' during her performance.
Incidentally, the air was thick with the sweet smell of hashish. I wonder if his royal highness got a contact high.
And yes, I am a big fan!

Kate Bush - The Wedding List at the Prince's Trust Rock Gala, 1982

Haha - those were probably my mates with the big ones!!

I was in the press pit taking photos and have a whole sequence of shots of her hanging on to her top and looking sheepishly up at the royal box. Must get them published one day.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:16

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 21:05 by colonial.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:35

Beautiful singer/ songwriter. Impossible not to love her, imo.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:47

I still regret that I missed here shows back in the late 70's early 80's........if there is one I want to see live It's Kate....

Date: March 21, 2014 22:52

NICOS
I still regret that I missed here shows back in the late 70's early 80's........if there is one I want to see live It's Kate....

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:19

Very exciting news and it will be so interesting to see how she does this. I hope the last album is well represented as I think it was probably her best ever. The Directors Cut was superb too. Obviously the early years were a treasure trove too; I really do love every single album other than Red Shoes which I merely really like. Hope there's a DVD.

Lovely, (recent), clip here of this talented, beautiful and humble woman.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:19

I married in April 1978 the date she released here first LP my wife and enjoyed that record a lot...They told me I was going to lose the fight...And suddenly I find myself listening ...........Wondering what on earth I am doing here.

I forgot to mention that the snippets of Kate songs goes to my "girlfriend" CindyC

They told me I was going to lose the fight...And suddenly I find myself listening ...........Wondering what on earth I am doing here.

Love you babe........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 00:11 by NICOS.

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:04

Hi I am desperate for tickets
If anyone has a presale code and you aren't using it please take pity on me and PM me Cheers Peter

Posted by: Rick56 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:08

those prices - forget it

I can never get what I want

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:12

Hmmm, how is a 15 date residency considered a tour? Just wondering...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:14

mickijaggeroo
Hmmm, how is a 15 date residency considered a tour? Just wondering...

Quite. They called Michael Jackson's (never to happen) 50 dates at the O2 a tour as well.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 22, 2014 10:09

No mention on her website of it being a tour. Just described as live dates.

Must be the media storys getting it wrong and calling it a tour.

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:29

Mathijs
I would prefer pulling my teeth without anasthetics over a Kate Bush live show.

Mathijs

...since you took the time to write this rubbish, i'll take the time to tell you what a massive dick you really are. Every post you make is a solid testament of that. Oh well, must be autism or something

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:34

I will not miss this. incredible that she is doing these shows. I was fortunate to get an email with a code for pre-release tix. I had forgotten I was even signed up

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home