Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: The return of the legendary Kate Bush - gigs in London this summer
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 1, 2014 17:03

Baby is back, great news !

Do you remember Wuthering Heights ?
beautiful, isn't it ?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: September 1, 2014 19:26

Came across this recording of her recent show in London:

[ia902301.us.archive.org]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 1, 2014 20:08

mighty stork

You Sir, are a genius. God bless you for posting this.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 1, 2014 21:04

Great to hear your comments on the show Mike,and you all must have had a great time on Saturday night. smileys with beer
Listened to parts of the recording , had tears in my eyes thinking how great her voice still is,.................thanks so much mighty stork,and got to admit , I'm a 'Greatest Hits' Fan of a lot of artists , including Kate but the voice of Kate Bush,is something I will never forget.

Met her in a pub in SW London somewhere, about 1977-78,and knew who she was.
Her band were well known in the London area.

Chatting away, Got on great, .................sort of chattin' her up but she was about 6 years younger.

Boyfriend at the time got back and that was that.

Never saw her again from that day to this. smoking smiley

Date: September 1, 2014 21:10

crawdaddy
Great to hear your comments on the show Mike,and you all must have had a great time on Saturday night. smileys with beer
Listened to parts of the recording , had tears in my eyes thinking how great her voice still is,.................thanks so much mighty stork,and got to admit , I'm a 'Greatest Hits' Fan of a lot of artists , including Kate but the voice of Kate Bush,is something I will never forget.

Met her in a pub in SW London somewhere, about 1977-78,and knew who she was.
Her band were well known in the London area.

Chatting away, Got on great, .................sort of chattin' her up but she was about 6 years younger.

Boyfriend at the time got back and that was that.

Never saw her again from that day to this. smoking smiley

Wow - that is one hell of a story Tony. Not only did you meet her in her prime but chatted.....Oh my God. I am not worthy.

Date: September 1, 2014 21:31

I may be wrong with the year and dates ,but it was when she was the singer in a pub band that used to do Kent and London areas. I think she said she had her brother in the band..................who was also her minder. May have been her bruv who I thought was boyfriend . Who knows. All a long time ago. Only realy thinking about it a lot, with Kates' gigs being the shows of the year in U.K. thumbs up

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 1, 2014 21:44

Kate Bush sets new album chart record

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 1, 2014 21:49

Her show on Saturday was absolutely astonishing. I actually feel a weird sadness that it is over. she was spellbinding. her voice was a revelation, and the visuals were the fairy dust over the whole thing. it had the kind of magic I remember from seeing a Peter Pan stage show as a young child. we shall never see her like again. I hope there will be a DVD but it would be like catching a firefly in a bottle.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: September 3, 2014 07:11

dcba
Pietro
I could be wrong, of course, but I think Kate Bush's "legend" only extends as far as the British Isles. I don't know anybody in America who cares for the gushiness, the silly clothes, or the pretentious videos.

Sophistication has always had a hard time crossing the Atlantic. Someone like Jimmy Page understood this a long time ago : he made sure Led Zep was as crass as primitive and as one-dimensional as possible to make the band successful in the US.
And it seems that filling the MSG is Ms Bush's least concern... winking smiley

Ha ha. Jimmy Page was a plagarist. All he understood was how to rip off Willie Dixon and other American bluesmen. He was about as sophisticated as you are. winking smiley

Date: September 3, 2014 13:38

Just looked at last nights setlist and hoped that it may have one or two of her best known hits,but still the same as last week.

Not surprised or dissappointed, as I can appreciate that it is a stage show, and seeing it once would be great, and maybe seeing again in a years time.

That's not gonna happen, cos this run is probably a one off, but you never know.

She may want to take the show on tour around the country or in Europe.

We can only hope. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: September 3, 2014 15:32

Hi Tony (and any other IORRians looking for a KB ticket!),

I have heard that it is worth being persistent with the Eventim site as the odd ticket does get dropped back into the system: front row circle for example.
Still in shock & awe, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

ps beautiful words and sentiment, LetitLoose...

pps like Silver Dagger said, am a tad envious of your KB encounter too, hah-hah!

Date: September 3, 2014 16:01

It was all a long time ago Simon, and cos I'm not a big,big Kate Bush fan, it was just an encounter with a lovely young girl who made it big a year or two later.

Only when all the hype about Kate performing again started, I started thinking more and more about it,to the extent of even trying to get tix for one of these gigs.

Been looking at ticketmaster lately, but nothing coming up yet,but will try Eventim as well.

Been listening to the audio gig that mighty stork posted, and the music and Kates' voice sounded great.

Hard to picture the scenes on stage when there is a lot of talking and you don't know what it all looks like visually. Great reviews ,so I obviously know it's gonna be a show to remember. smileys with beer

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 17:06

Silver Dagger
Music legend legend Kate will play 15 shows at London's Hammersmith Apollo in August and September this summer.

Here's the story in the UK's Daily Telegraph.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Kate Bush will tour in August for the first time since 1979, the singer announced this morning. Bush, 55, announced the Before the Dawn tour on Friday morning, causing her website, katebush.com, to crash and her name to trend on Twitter as the news broke.

She will play 15 gigs, all at the London Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith, starting on August 26. The tickets will go on sale from Friday, March 28 and prices start at £49, ranging to £135.

Bush has rarely been seen on stage since the early days of her career. In 1979 she retired from touring after just one six-week tour, reportedly because of her inability to be completely in control of the live performance and a also because of fear of flying. During the tour, her lighting director, 21-year-old Bill Duffield, died after an accident which severely affected Bush.

However, the singer told Mojo magazine in 2011 that she simply found touring too exhausting, albeit enjoyable. Bush went on to say, however, that she would like to return to the stage before she became "too ancient". "I still don't give up hope completely that I'll be able to do some live work", she said, "but it's certainly not in the picture at the moment because I just don't quite know how that would work with how my life is now."

Aged just 20, Bush was at the peak of her career during The Tour of Life, having topped the charts for four consecutive weeks with Wuthering Heights in 1978, although she went on to release 10 albums, three of which went to number one. Never for Ever, which Bush released after her last tour, made her the first British solo female artist to enter the album chart at number one.

Bush has reportedly been taking time out of her career in recent years to raise her son, Berite, however she was awarded a CBE in 2013 for services to music, after receiving a Brit Award nomination in 2012 and released two albums in 2011: The Director's Cut, a reworking of her older works, and 50 Words for Snow.

WHO?

Date: September 3, 2014 18:38

Been told that a few standing tickets - maybe 50 or so - get sold on the night. Might be wporth getting down there at 5pm and queuing. Sure you'll get in.

Date: September 3, 2014 19:50

Are you from the U.S. of A. alhavu1 ?

Even some music loving Americans are fans of Kate Bush, who is a British female icon.....................and always will be. winking smiley

Thanks for the tip Mike, and will do that if I don't score one before,and I have never been unable to get a ticket for a gig I really wanted to go to. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-03 20:40 by crawdaddy.

Date: September 3, 2014 19:56

crawdaddy

Even some decent music loving Americans are fans of Kate Bush, who is a British female icon.....................and always will be. winking smiley

Thanks for the tip Mike, and will do that if I don't score one before,and I have never been unable to get a ticket for a gig I really wanted to go to. thumbs up

The only 3 times I couldn't get into a show were The Who - Concert For Kampuchea 79; The Stones - last night of Wemblkey 95 and The Stones - Astoria. Do not miss it as it really is special. I have an idea she might be tempted to take it on the road or at least do Glastonbury next year. A magical gig for a magical performance.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 20:28

Silver Dagger
mighty stork

Yes - thanks so much! Gutted I won't be able to make it to any of the shows - at least you can get a sense of the atmosphere from this. thumbs up

Date: September 3, 2014 20:38

The Stones at The Astoria !

Forgot about that one and didn't get in after being about number 10 in the queue.

Went home that night and didn't get back in time,so lost my place. Very well organized and fair, but none of us got any tix.

Met some great fans those 2 days.

Went to The Mick Taylor gig at The 100 Club though, a few days later. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 3, 2014 21:30

Silver Dagger
Been told that a few standing tickets - maybe 50 or so - get sold on the night. Might be wporth getting down there at 5pm and queuing. Sure you'll get in.

There were folks up in the circle standing at the end of the aisles at the show last Saturday. Perhaps these were sold on the night. Definately worth a try.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: September 3, 2014 21:59

crawdaddy
I may be wrong with the year and dates ,but it was when she was the singer in a pub band that used to do Kent and London areas. I think she said she had her brother in the band..................who was also her minder. May have been her bruv who I thought was boyfriend . Who knows. All a long time ago. Only realy thinking about it a lot, with Kates' gigs being the shows of the year in U.K. thumbs up
She lived with her brother round the corner from me in New Cross when I was a student in London, living opposite Goldsmith's College. Not sure of the year, must have been 1977 as I remember the "battle of Lewisham" happening. Very unassuming shy lady as I recall.

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 23:01

crawdaddy

Even some music loving Americans are fans of Kate Bush, who is a British female icon.....................and always will be. winking smiley

OK

Date: September 6, 2014 00:14

Amazing !

Just had a look at Eventim to work out which gigs I can make, which is from September 19th to September 30th.

Four times tix were available for tomorrow night and I went for it. Can't go,as over in Spain.
Two tix and single tix came up for top price Circle which would be £148 with all charges picking up at venue.
Got as far as picking seat and security code,but no luck 3 times,but 4th time could have had Circle Row A Seat 13 which sounds pretty good to me . Only had to put my payment details in within about 5 minutes, but let it go.

Gives me hope that something will come up on the dates I can go. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 6, 2014 00:28

Roll73
Silver Dagger
mighty stork

Yes - thanks so much! Gutted I won't be able to make it to any of the shows - at least you can get a sense of the atmosphere from this. thumbs up

Here's the complete August, 26 concert, with better quality and track by track, instead of the whole concert as a single file: [bigozine2.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-06 00:50 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: September 6, 2014 01:09

Cheers Cristiano. This is excellant. smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 6, 2014 01:24

It's my pleasure, crawdaddy! Enjoy the weekend! smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home