Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: US Tour Fall 2014?
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 14, 2014 18:20

Gazza
paulywaul
stones40
No further gigs in America or U.K. as they are already over exposed from staging concerts there in 2012 & 2013.
With the |Stones demands at $5.0m per gig not being met they have already had to compromise
and reduce their concert fee considerably.
After the 15 gig European tour the only market that they can realistically target is South America.

A perfectly reasonable assumption I'd have thought.

They'll do very well to get $5 million a gig in South America!

Argentina will be interesting. It is arguably the No. 1 country to see the Stones, but the economy is in meltdown, the fans will be resistant to the new Jagger Economics, and I don't even know if the Kirchner government has enough foreign reserves to cover the Stones' (alleged) $5 million tab. "Street Fighting Man" will go over well, though.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 14, 2014 18:32

bv
I don't want to be a party killer, but before they did the Brooklyn/Newark and half a year later summer US/Canada tour, how many years was it since they toured North America? I think it was Nov 2006, Vancouver, right? It took them six years to return.

They have a "missing link" with Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, so I would not be surprised they do another round at some point, including a few big apple shows too, but first I think they want to rediscover South America.
Good sign

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2014 18:39

I read an english spoken financial paper here in Asia and it said Argentina was deep in the economical mess as always while Brazil was to hot. The Stones could need it the other way around. I know they want to do South America, but then they would need to get someone to pay for it. May be kick-start arena shows in Miami, Nassau, Atlanta, Houston, then Mexico stadium, Brazil new stadiums and Montevideo, Santiago and 2x BA. That would be the perfect run and I think they could make money from it too. 14 shows or so as usual. There has been talks of Caracas too but things are not safe there now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 14, 2014 18:47

If they shoot a film, they'll come to Texas!! Must be our "right to work" status where they can get labor for peanuts...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 14, 2014 19:16

bv
I don't want to be a party killer, but before they did the Brooklyn/Newark and half a year later summer US/Canada tour, how many years was it since they toured North America? I think it was Nov 2006, Vancouver, right? It took them six years to return.

They have a "missing link" with Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, so I would not be surprised they do another round at some point, including a few big apple shows too, but first I think they want to rediscover South America.

Yes indeed, I was at the Vancouver show. They need to get back here!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 14, 2014 19:49

michaelsavage
They better. Yhe US is their home, esp Mad Sq Garden!

LOL ...... spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out their home is every concert in LONDON, UK

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:18

stones are due a visit to glasgow scotland for a gig.

not been there since 2006(new hampden park) and previously 2003(twice at SECC) and you have to go back to 1990 to find another glasgow gig(old hampden park), although they did play murrayfield edinburgh in 1999.

the previous glasgow gig to 1990 i think was the apollo around 1982.

so thats a grand total of 4 glasgow gigs in the last 30 years.

and were only just up the road.

if your reading this jagger, get yer butt up here.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:28

Miami>New York> Nashville>and then...?

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:29

Miami>New York>Nashville> Las Vegas>...and then???

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:36

bv
I read an english spoken financial paper here in Asia and it said Argentina was deep in the economical mess as always while Brazil was to hot. The Stones could need it the other way around. I know they want to do South America, but then they would need to get someone to pay for it. May be kick-start arena shows in Miami, Nassau, Atlanta, Houston, then Mexico stadium, Brazil new stadiums and Montevideo, Santiago and 2x BA. That would be the perfect run and I think they could make money from it too. 14 shows or so as usual. There has been talks of Caracas too but things are not safe there now.

I love this--I think they should be repeatedly told at every available opportunity what a great idea this would be. hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:49

More Hot Rocks
michaelsavage
Nope. New York. But you are close!

Sorry michaelsavage but it is Toronto. Its a European like city.

Damn, and the all this time I thought it was London.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:52

I'm keeping fingers crossed for a New Year's Eve show at MSG!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2014 00:10

andrewt
More Hot Rocks
michaelsavage
Nope. New York. But you are close!

Sorry michaelsavage but it is Toronto. Its a European like city.

Damn, and the all this time I thought it was London.

No, it's actually just outside Toronto, in Mississauga.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 15, 2014 00:22

I Was hoping for GIANTS STADIUM this fall but I guess not

Posted by: nick ()
Date: March 15, 2014 00:49

petewasbristol
From what I heard at the Macau show the Stones crew are working with U2 next. Can't see them doing another round of the US after last year.

If your facts are correct then you just fueled the fire more
U2 album and tour pushed back to 2015.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 15, 2014 00:54

7 DOWN SOUTH TOUR STONES 2014

Miami, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville and 2 of your favorite other Southern U.S. cities

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 15, 2014 00:59

Max'sKansasCity

Miami, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville and 2 of your favorite other Southern U.S. cities

Dallas plus the town in which I reside--should work perfectly. What an excellent idea! thumbs up

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 15, 2014 01:01

Aquamarine
Max'sKansasCity

Dallas plus the town in which I reside--should work perfectly. What an excellent idea! thumbs up
smileys with beer

7 DOWN
SOU7H 7OUR
RO77ING S7ONES

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-15 01:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 15, 2014 01:19

melillo
Doesn't exist anymore (just kidding, I'm just screwing with you).

Honestly, being someone from the New York area, I think we've gotten more than our share of Stones shows recently. Sure, none were in New York City proper, but we got a Brooklyn show, 2 Newark, NJ shows and 2 Philly shows which were within traveling distance. I'm certainly not saying I'd like to see them again, and I guess MSG is the big outlier, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they want to spread the love other places. And since they seem to take longer breaks these days, a year can go by quickly.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 15, 2014 01:30

petewasbristol
From what I heard at the Macau show the Stones crew are working with U2 next. Can't see them doing another round of the US after last year.

If that is true, then it really isn't a "Stones crew" per se. That would make them freelancers or contractors. The Stones could just as easily hire a fresh crew of contractors to handle the meat and potatoes tasks, the heavy lifting, etc. Their real crew consists of the hired personal assistants and the like, and is a decidely small and close-knit group.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 15, 2014 01:44

stonehearted
petewasbristol

If that is true, then it really isn't a "Stones crew" per se. That would make them freelancers or contractors. The Stones could just as easily hire a fresh crew of contractors to handle the meat and potatoes tasks, the heavy lifting, etc. Their real crew consists of the hired personal assistants and the like, and is a decidely small and close-knit group.

I remember a few years ago that this subject of the 'job sharing' crew came up and the consensus was that the Stones and U2 would never do major tours at the same time because they employed a lot of the same staff - and that it would certainly not happen in the same market.

Then in 2005 U2 launched the Vertigo tour and the Stones launched Bigger Bang a few months later, with both bands touring North America in September - December 2005 followed by South America a couple of months late.

Wasnt a problem then, and I doubt its one now. Besides, with Stones tour legs being so short, it really shouldnt be an issue. Especially if they're mostly playing arenas and doing just a couple of shows a week.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 15, 2014 02:07

RollingFreak
melillo
Doesn't exist anymore (just kidding, I'm just screwing with you).

Honestly, being someone from the New York area, I think we've gotten more than our share of Stones shows recently. Sure, none were in New York City proper, but we got a Brooklyn show, 2 Newark, NJ shows and 2 Philly shows which were within traveling distance. I'm certainly not saying I'd like to see them again, and I guess MSG is the big outlier, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they want to spread the love other places. And since they seem to take longer breaks these days, a year can go by quickly.

thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 15, 2014 02:53

treaclefingers
bv

Yes indeed, I was at the Vancouver show. They need to get back here!

That Vancouver show was a good one. 3 Keith songs! The only unfortunate thing was no Van Morrison because of the reschedule. Bonnie Raitt was good though.

Posted by: canuguessmyname ()
Date: March 15, 2014 06:07

Gimme a break Gaz, The Stones in the US are a shoe in smiling smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 15, 2014 07:02

More Hot Rocks
And don't forget about Toronto in Canada!
Yes please! grinning smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 15, 2014 09:31

stonehearted
petewasbristol

Oh I agree about the crew and the ability to hire new crew if needs be, but from the way I heard it, 2014 with this crew is 'it'. Nothing more beyond for the Stones in 2015. As BV has said many times in the past, catch the Stones while you can, it really could be the last time.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 15, 2014 09:39

Gazza

It is true some of the Rolling Stones road crew also work with U2 (or other bands) but this would not have any impact on their future plans. If U2 does start their tour later this year (which at this point is not likely since the new album isn't finished yet and is not expected to be released before the end of the year...and maybe not even until 2015) the Stones tour production company will simply find replacements for the personnel that are contracted to go out with U2. It's completely a non-issue.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-15 16:08 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 15, 2014 10:03

If I count correctly, MSG (or whatever the name is) the next show is No. 25.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2014 11:24

TornAndFried
Gazza

It is true some of the Rolling Stones road crew also work with U2, but this would not have any impact on their future plans. If U2 does start their tour later this year (which at this point is not likely since the new album isn't finished yet and is not expected to be released before the end of the year and maybe not even until 2015) the Stones will simply find replacements for the personnel that are contracted to go out with U2. It's completely a non-issue.
No problem, I can go there and give a hand yawning smiley)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 15, 2014 11:35

I'll help too, free of charge!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home