Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:49

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:32 by Program.

Posted by: MaddOli ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:57

Hi guys!
I'm new to the Forum and a veteran of only 2 Stones gigs - Hyde Park and.. Hyde Park the 2nd.

I really want to see the Stones at Pinkpop, but how will I able to get a ticket through the dutch website - I'm monolingual!

Help please?

Thanks.

Date: March 13, 2014 20:03

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:32 by Program.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:05

Topi
Says it's Rome (Circo Massimo) 22nd July. A week before Werchter, that is. A few days before the rumored Madrid date.

Hope it's not true! I want Milano!

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:05

almost official

[www.dalessandroegalli.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:08

crawdaddy
I would love to see The Stones at RAH.

It is a fantastic venue and I've seen many gigs there including The Who,Eric Clapton,Cream , Jeff Beck, Elvis Costello and The Proms. Hope to be there for the Jeff Beck gig on May 14th.
Right by Hyde Park and the Albert Memorial,but alas, I can't see that The Stones will play there.

Why not? That was the first place I saw them! Would make a nice bookend to be able to see them there again. (I think it's unlikely, to be honest, but it would be cool. smiling smiley )

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:24

jacopo
almost official

[www.dalessandroegalli.com]

They removed it now.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:26

Program
22. June, not 22. July. Sorry, had to mention it.

yes of course, June - my bad!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:31

mrsw
A proper UK stadium gig would be great.Glastonbury ,you have to get tickets months before any lineup is announced and I dread to think of the cost of the O2.
I did go to Hyde Park and we were at the front but my son got sunstroke so we had to move away so a UK stadium normal gig would be great.

Sorry but the Stones played 5 gigs in England in the last one and a half year and zero gig in East Central Europe in the last 7 years! So now we have to come first!

Easy enough to say that the UK had 5 gigs, but not everyone lives in London or has ease of access to it in the UK. What about Scottish fans, Welsh fans, those fans in the North of England etc...

I don't really mind as I can travel to Europe, but I don't buy the whole UK had it's share of the Stones. No, London had it's share of the Stones!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:35

petewasbristol
mrsw
A proper UK stadium gig would be great.Glastonbury ,you have to get tickets months before any lineup is announced and I dread to think of the cost of the O2.
I did go to Hyde Park and we were at the front but my son got sunstroke so we had to move away so a UK stadium normal gig would be great.

Sorry but the Stones played 5 gigs in England in the last one and a half year and zero gig in East Central Europe in the last 7 years! So now we have to come first!

Easy enough to say that the UK had 5 gigs, but not everyone lives in London or has ease of access to it in the UK. What about Scottish fans, Welsh fans, those fans in the North of England etc...

I don't really mind as I can travel to Europe, but I don't buy the whole UK had it's share of the Stones. No, London had it's share of the Stones!

Well if that's the case: I'm from Belgium (btw: present at 4 of those 5 uk gigs) and demand them to play Ghent, Antwerp & Brussels because not everybody has the transport to get to Werchter.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:51

BowieStone
petewasbristol
mrsw

Well if that's the case: I'm from Belgium (btw: present at 4 of those 5 uk gigs) and demand them to play Ghent, Antwerp & Brussels because not everybody has the transport to get to Werchter.

I'm not complaining, I just feel for the poor sods (especially Scotland fans) who get lumped into 'you had your chance to see the Stones in Lond...UK, when it's clearly not true. I would never demand the Stones to play any show (they owe us nothing) I just want my fellow fans to all be happy smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:52

As BV said a year ago, these days you just have to be prepared to travel to see them. God knows it's going to cost a small fortune to see even three shows - especially now that they are making the announcements this late. Flight prices and hotel prices are not exactly getting cheaper every passing minute.

Not a complaint here either - this is why this is not in the complaints thread. winking smiley It just is what it is, and I'm glad I'm well enough off to be able to do a few shows.

Warhorses couldn't drag me away! I know this is now or never.

I don't get this same feeling of excitement with any other band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 20:56 by Topi.

Date: March 13, 2014 21:46

petewasbristol
BowieStone
petewasbristol
mrsw

I'm not complaining, I just feel for the poor sods (especially Scotland fans) who get lumped into 'you had your chance to see the Stones in Lond...UK, when it's clearly not true. I would never demand the Stones to play any show (they owe us nothing) I just want my fellow fans to all be happy smiling smiley

I'd love for everybody to be able to see them, too--I think, with the UK being the size it is, people think of traveling from Scotland to London or Glastonbury as being a mega-long way, because it's from one end of the country (UK) to the other. But, as I mentioned before, the closest US gig to me was a thousand miles away, so Scotland to London seems much more doable by comparison. It's all relative, in other words. But I totally understand that not everybody can afford to travel even a comparatively short distance.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:52

Aquamarine
crawdaddy

It is a fantastic venue and I've seen many gigs there including The Who,Eric Clapton,Cream , Jeff Beck, Elvis Costello and The Proms. Hope to be there for the Jeff Beck gig on May 14th.
Right by Hyde Park and the Albert Memorial,but alas, I can't see that The Stones will play there.

Why not? That was the first place I saw them! Would make a nice bookend to be able to see them there again. (I think it's unlikely, to be honest, but it would be cool. smiling smiley )

You were so lucky to have been able to see them at RAH Aqua.
Nearest I got to see them live in the early days was Kingston Granada 1964 as a 12 year old, when mum and dad said ,'Gotta do your homework for tomorrow', and that was it.
All of us at school who were gonna go never went.

About 25 years later saw them live for the first time.

As you say,a nice bookend ,but the way they are going it will be a long time a coming.
A lot more gigs in them yet by the reviews and pics being posted. >grinning smiley<

Date: March 13, 2014 22:07

%

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:33 by Program.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:09

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:23

Rumor about Italian concert:

[www.rollingstonemagazine.it]

Date: March 13, 2014 22:30

crawdaddy
Aquamarine
crawdaddy

You were so lucky to have been able to see them at RAH Aqua.
Nearest I got to see them live in the early days was Kingston Granada 1964 as a 12 year old, when mum and dad said ,'Gotta do your homework for tomorrow', and that was it.
All of us at school who were gonna go never went.

About 25 years later saw them live for the first time.

As you say,a nice bookend ,but the way they are going it will be a long time a coming.
A lot more gigs in them yet by the reviews and pics being posted. >grinning smiley<

Let's hope so! thumbs up

That's a heartbreaker about Kingston, though. Something very similar happened to me when the Beatles played Margate, and I never did see them live in the end.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:41

Dumb question here.

Can people from the U.S. order tickets for the TW Classic festival? When they go on sale, of course.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:43

MingSubu
Dumb question here.

Can people from the U.S. order tickets for the TW Classic festival? When they go on sale, of course.

I was gonna say something about this dumb question , but no, i will pass this time.

Cheers

Jeroen

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:45

You know you can order from everywhere if you got internet or something...

Date: March 13, 2014 22:47

%

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:34 by Program.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 13, 2014 23:01

Not a dumb question at all... Weren't Tokyo tickets available only to people with a Japanese address?

Date: March 13, 2014 23:07

Thanks Program.

Wasn't sure as I never bought tickets for a festival overseas before. I didn't know if they would be available in Europe first. Then any leftover tickets for the R.O.W.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 13, 2014 23:08

Adams
Not a dumb question at all... Weren't Tokyo tickets available only to people with a Japanese address?

I had to give up a The Who gig in Amsterdam last summer as the ticket sale website (think it was tickermaster.nl) would not take credit cards that were not local.

Date: March 13, 2014 23:09

Adams

That is the real reason I asked. I thought I heard something like that.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 23:11

MingSubu
Adams

That is the real reason I asked. I thought I heard something like that.

So you can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes...

Date: March 13, 2014 23:17

%

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:26 by Program.

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: March 13, 2014 23:32

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: March 13, 2014 23:33

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50