Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:43

Someone must know anything about the remaining dates.

So far they play Belgium on the 29th of June. Roskilde Big Nights are 4th and 5th of July. The 5the is the night for THE main band (Stones)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:46

Some times I think people are a bit slow... I can't really spell out everything loud. But after months on the road, do you really think I would spend one single night or hour away from home really?

I have been thinking about driving to Copenhagen, and driving back home. Via the bridge at Malmoe it is not that difficult. But I think I will be on the first fligh back home the day after the show. And as the strawberry season in my area is approx June 15 to July 15, give or take a few days, and I live in the middle of the strawberry fields, I am sure I will have at least 2 kg Bounty strawberries on Thursday July 3rd. And loads of coffee. Sitting and watching the Oslo fjord mirroring the sun, with great memories of a tour with a bunch of 70 years or so old guys who proved they can rock and roll still these days even if everybody said they should have called it quits ages ago.

I don't see any down's really only up's. When Keith replaced Jack Daniels with Heineken, and this year moved on to pure water (not Evian because that is Mick, but it is water I am sure), and Ronnie and Mick Taylor all kept off the troubled roads for like 2-3 years now, lost count, then we have something quite unique actually. It might not be very rock'n'roll to be sober, but the shows are just great, they are all focused, and the shows just flow with the crowds. I am not really a super-optimistic freak, rather realistic, but unless Keith is climbing another tree in Fiji, Europe will be a blast this summer.

Bjornulf

Date: March 13, 2014 11:53

I still can't decode what you are saying. As for Roskilde there WON'T be any Stones before the 4th or 5th. Possibly ONLY on Saturday the 5th as it is THE night at Roskilde.

If someone knows PLEASY speak in an understandable tongue.

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:54

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:30 by Program.

Date: March 13, 2014 11:59

Chances for a Roskilde show on July 2 is VERY little. The festival has not even begun on that day!

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:17

Well, maybe this year and it`s only end with an extra sold out night (daypasses). Good for everyone smiling smiley

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:19

michrud
Chances for a Roskilde show on July 2 is VERY little. The festival has not even begun on that day!

Well, maybe this year and it`s only end with an extra sold out night (daypasses). Good for everyone smiling smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:19

michrud

Well, you know "If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed"...

Date: March 13, 2014 12:23

Here's the deal:

Stones will travel from Belgium on June 30 to Copenhagen. In Denmark they will rest and do Roskilde Festival Saturday night on July 5.

At Roskilde they will play Orange stage WHICH is the tent produced in 1976 FOR THE ROLLING STONES.

That's the deal!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:27

I think the current stage is the replica of the one you mentioned.

Date: March 13, 2014 12:32

You are right, it's....

Anyways, I desperately want the good news about the show! :-)

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:35

%

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:31 by Program.

Date: March 13, 2014 12:38

Hope you're right! Won't believe it before the news is there!

But, thanks for your support :-)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 13, 2014 12:42

michrud
So far they play Belgium on the 29th of June.

28th.

Date: March 13, 2014 12:44

Jep, sorry.... ;-)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2014 13:34

Journalists are reading IORR and snapping up what I am writing. I am protecting my sources and still making as much available as I possibly can without making life too easy for the journalists who are just after the scoop. So that is why I have to do things between the lines. If you are a real fan then you will understand.

Bjornulf

Date: March 13, 2014 13:38

michrud

Read between BV's lines, mate smiling smiley

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 13, 2014 13:42

bv
Journalists are reading IORR and snapping up what I am writing. I am protecting my sources and still making as much available as I possibly can without making life too easy for the journalists who are just after the scoop. So that is why I have to do things between the lines. If you are a real fan then you will understand.

BV, Great questions... Is San Siro finally sure ? If Milan is JUNE 14... Which is a Paris possible new date ? JUNE 10 ? What do you think about ?

Date: March 13, 2014 13:51

Ok, I'll analyze your messages here. I'm a true fan and have been so for the past 24 years.

I understand your issues with tabloids, but I just want the good news.

Is a seperate e-mail an option?

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 13, 2014 13:51

The tour is slowly taking shape... what about the Tel Aviv show? Will it stay at the 4th. of June?

sjouke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 13:55 by Sjouke.

Date: March 13, 2014 14:00

Will they really go to the middle east while touring Europe?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 13, 2014 14:02

bv

...I don't see any down's really only up's. When Keith replaced Jack Daniels with Heineken, and this year moved on to pure water (not Evian because that is Mick, but it is water I am sure), and Ronnie and Mick Taylor all kept off the troubled roads for like 2-3 years now, lost count, then we have something quite unique actually. It might not be very rock'n'roll to be sober, but the shows are just great, they are all focused, and the shows just flow with the crowds. I am not really a super-optimistic freak, rather realistic, but unless Keith is climbing another tree in Fiji, Europe will be a blast this summer.

That is such good news about Keith, thanks, Bjornulf, and of course about Ronnie and MT, keeping to the straight and narrow.

I was hoping to travel, but unless the right show pops up later on, looks like that's out for me.
Have fun everyone, on the European leg of 14 on Fire! I'll be reading your reports.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 13, 2014 14:20

DandelionPowderman
Will they really go to the middle east while touring Europe?

there is not much difference between flying Paris-Athens and flying Paris -Tel Aviv. Extra hour+more jet fuel. Unless they do an "Amman Roman Theatre" show and maybe a Larnaca gig, there is no other way, logisticwise, Tel Aviv can be incorporated in a tour but a European tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 14:22 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: March 13, 2014 14:24

Here's another one:
According to this source VIENNA is still on their tour plan! The bidding process is not finished yet, but 4 promoters are doing their best to bring The Stones to Austria thumbs up
[www].österreich.at/nachrichten/Wien-in-Planung-Die-Stones-rocken-Europa/135784616

Date: March 13, 2014 14:25

Ok, BV, I might have decoded your message. How valid is it? :-)

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 14:50

bernard90mike
Here's another one:
According to this source VIENNA is still on their tour plan! The bidding process is not finished yet, but 4 promoters are doing their best to bring The Stones to Austria thumbs up
[www].österreich.at/nachrichten/Wien-in-Planung-Die-Stones-rocken-Europa/135784616

I think it's based on a not reliable source we have seen before but still hope an Austrian date though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 14:51 by 1962.

Date: March 13, 2014 14:57

I'm interested in as many Stones show as possible, but so far my concerns is for the Roskilde show. When I read BV's cryptic messages I can decode a certain date for Denmark, but I seek a stronger confirmation PLUS I'd like BV to somehow confirm it ;-)

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 13, 2014 15:00

bv
Some times I think people are a bit slow... I can't really spell out everything loud. But after months on the road, do you really think I would spend one single night or hour away from home really?

I have been thinking about driving to Copenhagen, and driving back home. Via the bridge at Malmoe it is not that difficult. But I think I will be on the first fligh back home the day after the show. And as the strawberry season in my area is approx June 15 to July 15, give or take a few days, and I live in the middle of the strawberry fields, I am sure I will have at least 2 kg Bounty strawberries on Thursday July 3rd. And loads of coffee. Sitting and watching the Oslo fjord mirroring the sun, with great memories of a tour with a bunch of 70 years or so old guys who proved they can rock and roll still these days even if everybody said they should have called it quits ages ago.

I don't see any down's really only up's. When Keith replaced Jack Daniels with Heineken, and this year moved on to pure water (not Evian because that is Mick, but it is water I am sure), and Ronnie and Mick Taylor all kept off the troubled roads for like 2-3 years now, lost count, then we have something quite unique actually. It might not be very rock'n'roll to be sober, but the shows are just great, they are all focused, and the shows just flow with the crowds. I am not really a super-optimistic freak, rather realistic, but unless Keith is climbing another tree in Fiji, Europe will be a blast this summer.
The capacity in Roskilde is not 130.000.
80.000 paying people and a bit less than 30.000 volunteers, media and artists - that is more or less 110.000.
In front of the main stage (Orange stage - Stones 1976) 60.000 +.
Btw - there is a nude race / naked run you can participate in. yawning smiley))

Posted by: Miikka ()
Date: March 13, 2014 15:01

Well, I´m still hoping for a show in Finland. Last time (2007) we heard nothing from any source even though we did ask a lot. Then two days before the tour announcement we learned that they will come to Helsinki too. I sent an inquiry to Live Nation Finland a couple of days ago but received no answer - just complete silence. Hoping, hoping...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 15:02 by Miikka.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 13, 2014 15:05

I think they play festivals because they have no logistical problems. They performe on the (modified) festival stage. So they will play Roskilde...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home