Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 127
Re: Show At Roskilde Festival
Date: March 12, 2014 15:16

It's rumoured for July according to Bjørnulf.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: March 12, 2014 15:24

Perfect! I'll have to be friday 4th or Saturday 5.th. Possibly the 5.th

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 12, 2014 15:32

I'm really believing it now. @#$%& yeah. Of course nothing is set in stone (pun intended), but if they already announce 2 festivals, I don't see why a 3rd should be ruled out.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 12, 2014 15:39

Exactly! I pray and sure believe they'll do Roskilde!!! Can't F!"#€%& wait.

JumpingKentFlash, you are Danish, right? So am I. Please let me know if you get any tip, ok?

:-))

Date: March 12, 2014 21:04

Can't show you any specific evidence....but a friend who's working at one of Denmarks biggest tabloids told me today, that they have certain information that the boys are playing at Roskilde!!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:56

Can someone explain what this festival is and where it's held? Living in Canada, I've never heard of it before but it sounds big!

Date: March 12, 2014 23:21

DGA35
Can someone explain what this festival is and where it's held? Living in Canada, I've never heard of it before but it sounds big!

It's close to Copenhagen and has been running annually since the early 70s. I've never been there, but I will if The Stones are coming. Bruce Springsteen played there 2 years ago, and it's pretty big. Back in 2000 Pearl Jam played there, and 8 people were crushed to death. Originally the Roskilde Festival used a big orange tent that they bought from The Stones, but they have changed it since then. If I remember correctly, the biggest year, audience wise, was 1992. Nirvana played there and people didn't listen much because Denmark had just won the Euro Cup 92 that summer. That year, again if my memory serves me right, 400.000 souls went through the gates. If they play, I'll go. It's possible to buy a single day ticket, but it's still pretty expensive. I think last year it was somewhere between 750kr and 1000kr. That still cheaper than your average ABB Tour ticket tough. Maybe I'll drive there myself. I'm in the middle of taking my driver's license, and unless I fail miserably several times, I'll drive myself. :-)

And Michrud: Yep I'm Danish too. Don't you remember me? You have the book that I was supposed to get. Grrrrrr. :-)

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 12, 2014 23:25

Sure I remember you, Kent ;-)

All I've been doing today is keeping my fingers crossed for Roskilde. Think I will happen!!!

About the book...I so sorry you didn't get it. Really. It's been my coffee table book for 7 years. Laying there on the sofa table in my living room :-)

Hope to meet you in Roskilde this July!!!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:26

[roskilde-festival.dk]

Some 35 kilometers from Copenhagen, Denmark.

Date: March 12, 2014 23:34

For those of you that wonder about the book thing:
In 2006 TheStones played Horsens. I was doing a concert in town with my Stones copy band Keef & The Coconuts. When I got home I had an e-mail that asked me if I could get to Copenhagen to be interviewed for a national tv show. This was the day before the concert btw. So. I called up this guy and he said it was too late and that they found somebody else. I remember the mail starting with "Hello Kent. I hope that behind this mail is hiding Denmark's biggest Rolling Stones fan..."
He was right too. :-)
The guy they found was Michrud, who lives in Copenhagen. He got the Bent Rej book In The Beginning and I think a few other things.
Naturally I felt very down and blue over this. Didn't matter though. I had the very first ticket for the show. Waited for 4 days in December at the ticket office. Was on the radio and tv several times. Came into the concert grounds as number 4. Stood front and center. Met some iorreans and stuff. Yeah. Good times!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 12, 2014 23:42

That's too bad, Kent. ITB is a great book. Got it for Christmas a couple of years ago.

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:33

San Siro back on the list. Now we are talking seriousely! 1 hour from where I live. I'd like to go to 2 more gigs, i like tel aviv idea, if the flight is not too expensive compared to milano-paris or milano-madrid , i'd like to go there. Fantastic city..

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 13, 2014 07:18

DGA35

Google "Roskilde" and "Pearl Jam" - very sad.

Date: March 13, 2014 09:47

A word from the guilty guy: Besides getting the book from Danish Television TV2, signed by Photographer Bent Rej, I also participated in Danish Broadcast Televosion DR1's theme program about the Stones. Along side some of Denmark's most popular people in music industry, I was interviewed about my deep passion for the Rolling Stones. Where it all began and so on.

That was all in 2006. That same year I met the Rolling Stones in Horsens. I participated in a meet and greet. And I got my Tattoo You vinyl signed by Keith.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2014 09:52

On July 3 I will be at home eating strawberries and taking care of my family and friends 100%. So great! Meanwhile, I will live my 2nd life in Stonesland. Boarding the Singapore flight as we speak.

Bjornulf

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 13, 2014 09:59

san siro? just 5 min walking from home ... >grinning smiley<
m.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:04

No hotels near San Siro at all? The closest I could find were about 1 km away. Not that's not doable.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:08

bv
On July 3 I will be at home eating strawberries and taking care of my family and friends 100%. So great! Meanwhile, I will live my 2nd life in Stonesland. Boarding the Singapore flight as we speak.

Got that one easy, lol, thanks!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:43

bv

This one I don't understand smiling smiley So you're saying they will play Roskilde Festival after July 3? Or will they play Roskilde in June but not Roskilde Festival?
regards
A.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:45

bv

Not sure what this message means, BV....Are you "killing" Roskilde by saying you will be at home on July 3? Why so cryptic?

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:52

hey bv,
any infos why the vienna show is removed?

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:04

michrud
bv

Not sure what this message means, BV....Are you "killing" Roskilde by saying you will be at home on July 3? Why so cryptic?

Playing there at 01 or 02 July???

Date: March 13, 2014 11:06

Roskilde 2nd. First flight home the day after...or?

TE
Oslo

Date: March 13, 2014 11:09

No Roskilde on the 1st or the 2nd. Roskilde launches on the 3rd.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:09

DandelionPowderman
Program
Looks like Oslo will get an arena indoor concert after all. Telenor Arena.

It's a horrible arena, though, but way, way better than Valle Hovin!

Hey DP, in what way is it horrible? Soundwise?

Date: March 13, 2014 11:13

Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:20

>>>Roskilde Festival 2014 - 29 June to 6 July

First couple of days is sort of a prerun with local bands I think...
The real thing starts on 3rd I believe...

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:33

%

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:30 by Program.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:34

What countries do you expect to be announced next week?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 11:42

Topi
No hotels near San Siro at all? The closest I could find were about 1 km away. Not that's not doable.

correct, not many hotels in san siro area. just in case, chose the hotel in a nice area and take the subway (15 minutes walking) or tram.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2300
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home