Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 7, 2014 14:25

Sister Marie
Welcome back in Paris then! Next time, for your steak, according to your taste you have 4 levels of cooking. From the less cooked to the over cooked, ask: "bleu", "saignant", "à point" or "bien cuit".

odean73: Thanks for the advice i do take it that the bleu is the rare one? < exscuse my lack of the french language in which i have to say i find very sexy >

"Bleu" is nearly raw. "Saignant" is not very cooked (meat still read inside, saignant means bloody so you can imagine)
"A point" more cooked and "bien cuit"... very cooked, avoid this one, the meat become brown inside and usually too hard.
Rare = saignant.

(sorry for the cookery out of topic but welcome dear fan/tourists is important) smileys with beer

Thanks for the info.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 7, 2014 15:34

corriecas
Mabru
corriecas
Looks like there will be a Pinkpop announcement by the Stones on Monday March 10.
Jeroen

Based on what source?

something i heard on Dutch radio this morning.
Jeroen

In radioshow of Giel Beelen? Do you remember what was said and by whom?

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 7, 2014 15:59

JumpinJeppeFlash
Can anyone living in Holland tell me if this would be a suitable hotell to stay at for the show in Landgraaf?

[www.booking.com]

Hello JumpinJeppeFlash,

I'm living at about 15miles from Landgraaf and can sleep in my own bed, but if you have to travel from far and you need a hotel I would suggest to stay for a weekend in Maastricht (about 20 miles from Landgraaf) and not in Heerlen. In Maastricht there are a lot of places/cafees where you can eat and drink, and it is a beautiful city. Heerlen can't even tip on that beauty and isn't a very nice place for tourists. You can go by train, bus or taxi from Maastricht to the festivalsite (be aware of the expensive taxicosts: [watkosteentaxi.nl]).
On the other hand, if you're planning to arrive on showday and leaving the morning after and you only need a place to sleep and you don't care about anything else then the concert, I would suggest to take a (cheap) hotel in the neigbourhood of the festivalsite or in Heerlen (Tulip Inn, Stadshotel). Then you don't have to travel "so far" after the concert and you won't have much travelcosts and -worries after the concert.
There is, if you like that, a campingsite near the festivalsite in the weekend of Pinkpop: [www.pinkpop.nl], but you can only access this with a weekendticket (and not with a onedayticket).
Some other helpfull site (and recommended at the website of Pinkpop) is: [www.vvvzuidlimburg.nl].

At least, and not an unimportant detail: they, have to confirm that they will play on Pinkpop ...... Jan Smeets (director of the festival) did not denied it untill now, so that is a good sign. On the other hand, Jan Smeets says he didn't hear anything after their final bid from the tourmanagement. By saying this, he doesn't have to deny anything. Is he playing a game or does he really doesn't know???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 17:52 by skyhawk.

Posted by: Rincewind ()
Date: March 7, 2014 16:03

JumpinJeppeFlash
Can anyone living in Holland tell me if this would be a suitable hotell to stay at for the show in Landgraaf?

[www.booking.com]

Depends what your demands are, but all hotels in the list are OK

"Landgoed Overste Hoff" is next to the venue, the backstage entrance is 100m from the hotel, so possible difficult to reach bij car.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 7, 2014 16:22

JumpinJeppeFlash

All the hotels on that list in Heerlen (except van der Valk) are within walking distance of the trainstation. From trainstation Heerlen there will be direct trainservice to and from the festival site.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2014 16:31

jackflash27
corriecas
Mabru
corriecas
Looks like there will be a Pinkpop announcement by the Stones on Monday March 10.
Jeroen

Based on what source?

something i heard on Dutch radio this morning.
Jeroen

In radioshow of Giel Beelen? Do you remember what was said and by whom?

No, not by Giel.. Someone said wednesday 12 is thew press info at paradiso, probably on monday there will be shed some light on the matter she said. i agree, a little vague, but still
jeroen

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 7, 2014 17:43

skyhawk
JumpinJeppeFlash

[www.booking.com]

Hello JumpinJeppeFlash,

I'm living at about 15miles from Landgraaf and can sleep in my own bed, but if you have to travel from far and you need a hotel I would suggest to stay for a weekend in Maastricht (about 20 miles from Landgraaf) and not in Heerlen. In Maastricht there are a lot of places/cafees where you can eat and drink, and it is a beautiful city. Heerlen can't even tip on that beauty and isn't a very nice place for tourists. You can go by train, bus or taxi from Maastricht to the festivalsite (be aware of the expensive taxicosts: [watkosteentaxi.nl]).
On the other hand, if you're planning to arrive on showday and leaving the morning after and you only need a place to sleep and you don't care about anything else then the concert, I would suggest to take a (cheap) hotel in the neigbourhood of the festivalsite or in Heerlen (Tulip Inn, Stadshotel). Then you don't have to travel "so far" after the concert and you won't have much travelcosts and -worries after the concert.
There is, if you like that, a campingsite near the festivalsite in the weekend of Pinkpop: [www.pinkpop.nl], but you can only access this with a weekendticket (and not with a onedayticket).
Some other helpfull site (and recommended at the website of Pinkpop) is: [www.vvvzuidlimburg.nl].

At least, and not an unimportant detail: they, have to confirm that they will play on Pinkpop ...... Jan Smeets (director of the festival) did not denied it untill now, so that is a good sign. On the other hand, Jan Smeets says he didn't hear anything after their final bid from the tourmanagement. By saying this, he doe'sn't have to deny anything. Is he playing a game or does he really doesn't know???

Thank you very much!

smileys with beer

Date: March 7, 2014 17:43

Rincewind
JumpinJeppeFlash

[www.booking.com]

Depends what your demands are, but all hotels in the list are OK

"Landgoed Overste Hoff" is next to the venue, the backstage entrance is 100m from the hotel, so possible difficult to reach bij car.

Many thanks!

Date: March 7, 2014 17:44

Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash

All the hotels on that list in Heerlen (except van der Valk) are within walking distance of the trainstation. From trainstation Heerlen there will be direct trainservice to and from the festival site.

Many thanks!

Date: March 7, 2014 18:12

Pre-sale for Pinkpop seem to be march 15?

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:14

JumpinJeppeFlash

Yes ... until then the Stones have to be announced IMO.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:15

Yes, it should be clear next tuesday.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:26

Speechless. Really. Very different from not so excited. If you have just tasted one of the greatest meals in a long time then you don't just jump on your PC and blog about it. May be later.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:27

Is there a Golden Circle/Pit at Pinkpop?? (with more expensive tickets)

Date: March 7, 2014 18:49

JumpinJeppeFlash

I have stated this here many times. March 15 sales. March 12 Press release.
jeroen

Date: March 7, 2014 18:50

No Pit at pinkpop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: March 7, 2014 19:17

You can see there is a pit looking at the pictures and when the Stones performed in 95 there was a pit thumbs up. Nothing is confirmed at the moment so I hold my horses!

Date: March 7, 2014 20:11

When the Stones played there in 95 it was a STONES concert, not the Pinkpop festival. Same location, different setting smiling smiley
I'm very curious what ticket prices will be at Pinkpop by the way. Normally it's about 80 Euro's per day and 170 for the whole (3 day) weekend or so? That would be really cheap to see the Stones for this price, compared to the current ticket prices...

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 7, 2014 20:17

bv
Speechless. Really. Very different from not so excited. If you have just tasted one of the greatest meals in a long time then you don't just jump on your PC and blog about it. May be later.

:-)

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 7, 2014 20:21

jackflash27
When the Stones played there in 95 it was a STONES concert, not the Pinkpop festival. Same location, different setting smiling smiley
I'm very curious what ticket prices will be at Pinkpop by the way. Normally it's about 80 Euro's per day and 170 for the whole (3 day) weekend or so? That would be really cheap to see the Stones for this price, compared to the current ticket prices...

That's right - I wonder how much the Stones will cost on Pinkpop. I think they will "offer" the Stones day for a little bit more than the other days - maybe 120 Euro or so. Anyway, I hope the Pinkpop show will be announced soon.

Date: March 7, 2014 20:47

I'm hoping "with you", it's driving me mad... Since december I've been following the news about the Stones to play PP. It started with "Small chance that Stones play at PP" to "Stones almost certain to play PP" a few weeks ago. The word "almost" frustrates me winking smiley

I visit the PP festival now and then and this year it's the first time I bring my daughter (12 years old) with me. It would be so cool that she can see the band and music that I'm obsessed with since 1988, with her own eyes (probably more emotional for me than for her winking smiley. I never thought that this would ever be possible (age-wise). But it seems like it's truly gonna happen.... "almost".

Also nice to mention here: I saw the Stones first in 95 at ..... the PP property (and many, many times after that), and it could be the last time this year, again at the PP venue. So it's kind of an emotional thing.

Date: March 7, 2014 21:16

Question is how many tickets will be available at Pinkpop?

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: March 7, 2014 21:24

JumpinJeppeFlash

(only a limited number of pre-sale tickets available of course)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 21:25 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: March 7, 2014 21:25

Julian ruiz only tells lies

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: March 7, 2014 21:25

For Pinkpop they are normaly 60.000 tickets but sometimes with a grwat headliner the wel sell an extra 10.000 tickets.

Posted by: Rincewind ()
Date: March 7, 2014 21:38

JumpinJeppeFlash
Last year 50.000 3-day tickets and 10.000 1-day tickets. Other years they sold up to 65.000 tickets.
Today they annouced there will be an extra stage on the " pinkpop-plein" So possible 1000 tickets extra...

Posted by: djeff ()
Date: March 7, 2014 23:48

There will be only pits when they are playing indoor.

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: March 8, 2014 00:04

There is a pit at Pinkpop but is not for sale. When you are and you leave the pit somebody else can go inside.

Date: March 8, 2014 01:01

runaway
You can see there is a pit looking at the pictures and when the Stones performed in 95 there was a pit thumbs up. Nothing is confirmed at the moment so I hold my horses!

That was there own show, this is a festival with 14 other bands on the day. NO PIT
jeroen

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 8, 2014 02:11

mtaylor
Gazza
Program
Rome or Dublin ?

("It will be interesting to see which city they'll choose to finish the European leg." )

I'm personally unconvinced about a Dublin show. Apart from a vague article in an Irish tabloid last month (republished on here, when the show was then added to the 'rumoured' list) I havent heard a whisper in the Irish media or amongst fans or music people 'in the know' about it. Usually coming close to the time when such a show would be announced, there are stories all over the place.

Garth Brooks, he can sell in Dublin - 5 showd, 400000 people

Considering he's massive there, it was the first shows he'd announced in what, 15 years(?) and the fact that his tickets cost something like €65, that was always going to happen.

Saying that, about three quarters of the people who bought tickets seem to have realised about five minutes later that they were washing their hair on the night of the gig and were looking for gullible idiots to relieve them of their burden for about five or ten times what they paid for the tickets.

A familiar story for any Stones fans who logged on to ticketmaster in October 2012 for 02 and Newark tickets!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-08 02:15 by Gazza.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home