Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 127
Re: NORTH AMERICA THIS FALL? LOOKING GOOD......
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 5, 2014 15:25

South America was supposed to be later this year. If anything, that will be the 'add on' to the rescheduled Aussie leg (a timeframe for which has now been confirmed). Not North America.

Anyone thinking the Stones are going to go on the road and play 25-30 dates at the end of this year in three continents is in fantasy land.

What Dreamtime has said above is probably more realistic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 15:50 by Gazza.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 15:27

Yes it's pure speculation.
If Mick is feeling good at the European leg, we could expect more dates to follow.
They could do a big America tour like 2005 but thats extremely unlikely.
But everything is possible. grinning smiley

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: April 5, 2014 15:48

Gazza
South America was supposed to be later this year. If anything, that will be the 'add on' to the rescheduled Aussie leg (a timeframe for which has now been confirmed). Not North America.

Anyone thinking the Stones are going to go on the road and play 25-30 dates at the end of this year in three continents is in fantasy land.

That`s exactly my point.... Aussie dates are fixed now, I don`t think they will add concerts to these on any other continent at the end of the year.

The only spot that`s left is a few weeks in August and September, IF they plan to do a few concerts. I`m not talking about a big tour (that`s not gonna happen anyway), just a few shows in the 14-on-fire style.

We`ll have to wait and see....

Cheers,
Kurt

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Date: April 5, 2014 15:55

Steinschlag
Gazza

That`s exactly my point.... Aussie dates are fixed now, I don`t think they will add concerts to these on any other continent at the end of the year.

The only spot that`s left is a few weeks in August and September, IF they plan to do a few concerts. I`m not talking about a big tour (that`s not gonna happen anyway), just a few shows in the 14-on-fire style.

We`ll have to wait and see....

Cheers,
Kurt

Well the thing to remember with the Aussie announcement is that theyve said the shows will take place BETWEEN 25/10/14 and 22/11/14. Not necessarily exactly FROM 25/10/14 TO 22/11/14.

There are only 7 shows to reschedule, and thats a 29 day window. The original tour schedule was supposed to take place in a period of about, 19 days? Either they're going to add a couple more shows there or there are a couple of dates that they havent been able to finalise in the same tight schedule (3 days between shows etc) so longer breaks between some shows may be possible so theyre allowing a wider 'window' which may be reduced when the dates are official.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 5, 2014 16:31

let your dreams fly, but once again North America had its part and if they do anything to continue it might be South America.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2014 16:33

Grison
let your dreams fly, but once again North America had its part and if they do anything to continue it might be South America.

Correct

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 5, 2014 16:43

It ain't a competition, folks. It seems silly to me for people to take the band's tour decisions personally. Besides, what we want has zero influence on where they tour and when.

Where ever they go, they go...and I'm happy for you if you get to see them.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: April 5, 2014 16:46

Grison

Sure... North America had its part and after Europe and Australia it`s about time to give the South American fans what they want smileys with beer

The question is WHEN?

I`m pretty sure autumn is done due to the Australian concerts. In the past they played South America in spring and that would mean, the concerts would be in about a year from now.

Are there any reasons they haven`t played there in summer before?

Would that be an opportunity?: Europe - Holiday - South America - Holiday - Australia

I`d love to see the Stones in South America.... and I haven`t got plans for the summer so far.... so I guess it`s more hoping than knowing smileys with beer

Cheers,
Kurt

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Date: April 5, 2014 16:51

They havent played South America before because thats winter down there.

Their summer is at the end of the year/start of the following year. Same as Australia.

Stadia wouldnt be available at other times.

They have had plans for some months now to play South America in late 2014. That tour may still happen as planned, although the rescheduling of the Australian shows may result in it being put back a couple of months, I suppose. Depends how many shows they had lined up.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2014 19:00

They will go where the money is. More shows on the east and west coasts if they return at all.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 5, 2014 19:32

The Stones will not forget about the Southern States just as B & ESB haven't.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2014 19:46

tatters
They will go where the money is. More shows on the east and west coasts if they return at all.

I think that's about as lucid observation as one could make.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 5, 2014 19:55

treaclefingers
tatters

I agree - One would have to consider that there is money in Houston, Memphis, Birmingham, North Dakota etc...

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 5, 2014 20:01

Grison

Well, parts of North America had their part. Closest they came to me was L.A. (didn't do Frisco, did they?) and that's a loooong way. I'm hoping they do the west coast, at least Seattle and, ideally, Vancouver since that's roughly where I'm at.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2014 20:14

In my mind, North America is already confirmed (dream on), it's just a matter of when and where.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 5, 2014 20:26

andrewm
Grison

Well, parts of North America had their part. Closest they came to me was L.A. (didn't do Frisco, did they?) and that's a loooong way. I'm hoping they do the west coast, at least Seattle and, ideally, Vancouver since that's roughly where I'm at.

They did 2 shows in the San Francisco area last spring...Oakland and San Jose.

Date: April 5, 2014 21:04

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
tatters

I agree - One would have to consider that there is money in Houston, Memphis, Birmingham, North Dakota etc...

You think there are 20,000 people in North Dakota prepared to spend hundreds of dollars on Stones tickets?

Date: April 5, 2014 21:08

tatters
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
tatters

You think there are 20,000 people in North Dakota prepared to spend hundreds of dollars on Stones tickets?

I'm not sure there are 20,000 people in North Dakota.

Date: April 5, 2014 21:10

latebloomer
tatters
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
tatters

Date: April 5, 2014 21:13

tatters
latebloomer
tatters
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
tatters

I jest, Tatters. cool smiley

...and I moved. BV, you are quick. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 21:16 by latebloomer.

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2014 21:30

They will probably play 14 shows at Fargo Dome. Garth Brooks special guest. I was planning to post this five days ago but then things were busy.

Bjornulf

Date: April 5, 2014 21:37

bv
They will probably play 14 shows at Fargo Dome. Garth Brooks special guest. I was planning to post this five days ago but then things were busy.

Still laughing here Bjornulf, definitely have to add that to the list. smileys with beer

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 23:15

Maybe they will play L.A. and Hawaii on their way to Australia

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2014 23:50

bv
They will probably play 14 shows at Fargo Dome.

Not Ziggo Dome ? smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 6, 2014 01:11

andrea66
Maybe they will play L.A. and Hawaii on their way to Australia
And don't forget Tuvalu with a special show on the beach...

Need 1 ticket for Landgraaf.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: April 6, 2014 02:59

andrewm
Grison

Oakland saw a date and that was just across the bay from San Francisco and they played San Jose which is not far from the bay either...

Date: April 6, 2014 03:35

bv

Rubbish.

Garth will be the headliner.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 6, 2014 03:58

curt
andrewm
Grison

Oakland saw a date and that was just across the bay from San Francisco and they played San Jose which is not far from the bay either...

I live just south of Vancouver as well, and went to four shows. AND I flew to Brooklyn to see them!! Priorities man....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2014 04:56

andrewm
Grison

huh...I thought you were in Toronto?

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 6, 2014 08:53

I'm in Victoria, actually. Maybe you thought that because I'm a (gulp) Leafs fan?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home