Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 16, 2014 08:09

Happy24
Okay, now I have a stupid question, since I never cared about the rollingstones.com webb page. It says the tickets for Rome go on sale on March the 21st, the pre-sale starts on March the 20th.

What is the pre-sale? Is it for the RS.com members? I can't seem to find any "become a member" link or anything. Is it payed? I remember I had some free membership some 7 years ago, but logged in like twice and I forgot everything about it and I guess it doesn't work any more anyway.

I think it's only for American Ex card holders onfortunately

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 16, 2014 08:33

%

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:39 by Program.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 16, 2014 08:41

The list of shows looks interesting now. There are 3 June shows in between Rome (22) and Madrid (25). I think it is safe to say there will be no show between those 2 dates. I know, they had to be put somewhere on the list and there is no suitable space for 3 shows anywhere :-)

Anyway, in June there are still 2 dates left among those rumored ones - June the 1st and 16th and there are 3 dates - Stockholm, Dublin, Vienna. I think we can assume they will do a show on the 1st and Stockholm is the one most likely, since it is quite early, the weather is more uncertain than later and the Stockholm Friends arena roof can be closed, right? Also it would make sence if they moved from Oslo to Stockholm.

Vienna on the 16th between Paris and Dusseldorf sounds quite right, more than Dublin to me.

But of course, any of those rumored places and dates might (and probably will) change and then all my speculations would change too. :-) And there might be no Vienna a no Dublin after all.

I NEED to know those dates already, I have been waiting to buy a Clapton ticket to Vienna for the June 26th and there will be none before I know the Stones dates! If we got the Madrid show on the 25th confirmed, then I could buy that Clapton ticket :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 08:45 by Happy24.

Date: March 16, 2014 08:52

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:39 by Program.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 16, 2014 08:54

Tickets available now for Werchter on ticketmaster.be

Date: March 16, 2014 08:58

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:39 by Program.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 16, 2014 09:04

Harm
Tickets available now for Werchter on ticketmaster.be

No Golden Circle,
Thanks anyway.
Jeroen

Date: March 16, 2014 09:04

Happy24
The list of shows looks interesting now. There are 3 June shows in between Rome (22) and Madrid (25). I think it is safe to say there will be no show between those 2 dates. I know, they had to be put somewhere on the list and there is no suitable space for 3 shows anywhere :-)

Anyway, in June there are still 2 dates left among those rumored ones - June the 1st and 16th and there are 3 dates - Stockholm, Dublin, Vienna. I think we can assume they will do a show on the 1st and Stockholm is the one most likely, since it is quite early, the weather is more uncertain than later and the Stockholm Friends arena roof can be closed, right? Also it would make sence if they moved from Oslo to Stockholm.

Vienna on the 16th between Paris and Dusseldorf sounds quite right, more than Dublin to me.

But of course, any of those rumored places and dates might (and probably will) change and then all my speculations would change too. :-) And there might be no Vienna a no Dublin after all.

I NEED to know those dates already, I have been waiting to buy a Clapton ticket to Vienna for the June 26th and there will be none before I know the Stones dates! If we got the Madrid show on the 25th confirmed, then I could buy that Clapton ticket :-)

Wonder what will happen with Hamburg and Cologne.
Jeroen

Date: March 16, 2014 09:11

%

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:39 by Program.

Date: March 16, 2014 09:36

corriecas
Wonder what will happen with Hamburg and Cologne.
Jeroen

Well, Cologne was changed for Dusseldorf, but it can change back, like Rome / Milan I guess.

This is a nightmare for me :-) I already have concerts on June the 18th and July the 2nd. I would love to see Clapton on June the 26th. I have a wedding to attednd as a best man on June the 21. My wife wants to plan the holiday. If we don't know the dates by Friday, something will happen :-) I guess there are plenty of people experiencing the same here.

And now Berlin, which is kind of close (just some 500 km) has been changed to a "club show" for 18 000 people, where it would be impossible to get good tickets. I have never been to Waldbuhne, but what I have seen from photos, there is a small "floor" area, which would be great, but then there are thousads of seats on a slope, the largest circle (most seats) being pretty much the same distance from the stage as the top-most circle at the Olympia Stadium, which is really far away. Or can someone who has been to the Waldbuhne prove me wrong? What is it like, really?

Date: March 16, 2014 09:49

%

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:40 by Program.

Date: March 16, 2014 09:54

%

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:40 by Program.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 16, 2014 10:05

bv
There will be MANY superfans there, and those who do not think the Stones - after 50+ years in the business - is worth that extra money, once in a lifetime, will be left out.

My point exactly. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 12:51 by BowieStone.

Zurich, Switzerland??
Posted by: steady ()
Date: March 15, 2014 20:18

Anybody else hearing rumours?
Insights?
Tks

Re: Zurich, Switzerland??
Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: March 16, 2014 09:25

There are no rumours.

The only Thing is that the City of Zurich only allowes a few concerts at Letzigrund Stadium (4 or so a year). The newspaper Tages Anzeiger reported in November that the Stadium is already reserved (not for a specific date but for a specific act) but they did not know for which band. And till now there is nothing on schedule there. It could be any band or artist. But you never know. But bv did never mention Switzerland. So I don't know if we should speculate.

Surely the Swiss could afford expensive tickets (even more than the scandinavian countries), but it's not sure if they are willing to pay so much ( I sm not willing ..harrr). Every time the Stones found their way to Switzerland it was a hard battle between the Management and "Good News". Sometimes informations leaked out of one or both camps, but not every time,

Next week we do know more.

Re: Zurich, Switzerland??
Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: March 16, 2014 09:58

If this is the last tour (I don't think so), they could play their last european concert in Montreux where they played the first time on continental ground in 1964. 50 years Montreux harrrr. But the Jazz Festival starts on July 4 (Roskilde and probably the end of the tour). It used to be the dream of Festival founder Claude Nobs who died last year. The whole band with family members had Raclette&Fondue at his place (Chalet) during Lausanne 2007. Keith mentioned that he enjoyed a break like that and the whole band relaxing together. But since Claude is dead.... and ticket Prices would be ridiculous high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 09:59 by mariannerl.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 16, 2014 10:43

Just for information, it seems there is a golden circle in Friends arena - Stockholm for Springsteen:

The story here:
[vpmusicblog.blogspot.fr]

Date: March 16, 2014 10:49

Program
Waldbuhne is intimate. The distance to stage from top level is not the same as in Olympia Stadium. Everybody has a pretty good view of stage. Capacity - according to Wikipedia - is 22.000.

Link: [en.wikipedia.org]

Thanks. Honestly, I can not imagine a venue for 18-22k people to be intimate (or even"club"), but I guess it has a lot to do with the amphitheatre configuration of the venue. I guess I will try to get a good place at WB. I have strong hopes for Vienna, can't wait for the announcement. Just like everybody.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 16, 2014 11:05

I think BV is saying "club" concert cause every other concert has a capacity 50.000+. So it's the smallest audience on the European Tour. But you're right too. The venue is quite intimate although it's that big.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 16, 2014 11:27

About Dusseldorf and Berlin: Isn´t it much more realistic that the Stones play Dusseldorf first? Dusseldorf is very close to Landgraaf (Pinkpop), so it´s easier to go there first and play in Berlin after Dusseldorf. Is there a possibility that the Stones play Dusseldorf one or two days after the Pinkpop saturday?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2014 11:30

The European Tour start will be in Oslo Norway Telenor Arena for sure, no question about that, tour finish Roskilde Denmark, and Friends Arena Stockholm Sweden in-between these end points some place, don't have that date exact yet. Like I said quite a few days ago. All three countries in Scandinavia.

Bjornulf

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 16, 2014 11:42

Irix
island01

Any idea what will be capacity for Rome concert I do you think it will sell out so fast as those 2?

[www.loudvision.it]

"Gli organizzatori stiamo tra le 60.000 e le 65.000 persone presenti."

i've walked around circus maximus...it doens't seem that big...there's no permanent seating so they are going to build stands? hopefully it won't be setup like churchill downs, which was a viewing nightmare...cool idea o have it there though...almost as good as in the colisseum

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 16, 2014 11:54

bv
The European Tour start will be in Oslo Norway Telenor Arena for sure, no question about that, tour finish Roskilde Denmark, and Friends Arena Stockholm Sweden in-between these end points some place, don't have that date exact yet. Like I said quite a few days ago. All three countries in Scandinavia.

Thank you. It seems that my greatest fear is coming true. I've booked a trip to Dublin to see a Dylan-concert on the 17th. The only likely dates for Friends arena in June is on the 1st and the 16th, if the rumoured shows comes through and they follow the pattern of two resting days between shows. And on the 1st of June Friends arena is already booked for a soccer match between Sweden and Belgium. Damn, this sucks! Although on the 14th One Direction plays there. Perhaps one day to take down their stage and setting up Stones' stage is a bit tight. Might hope for a show in May instead!

Edit: Just noticed that the Stockholm show is moved forward in the list so perhaps there's still hope. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you Bjornulf for your efforts in keeping us updated. I am new to this forum but it didn't take long to become impressed by the information you're giving us!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 12:07 by Merlin.

Date: March 16, 2014 12:09

Merlin
It seems that my greatest fear is coming true. I've booked a trip to Dublin to see a Dylan-concert on the 17th. The only likely dates for Friends arena in June is on the 1st and the 16th, if the rumoured shows comes through and they follow the pattern of two resting days between shows.

But The Stones might also play Dublin on the 16th, which would suit you more than well, right? And note, that Stockholm was just moved "above" Roskilde in the list.

I personally would just love to see The Stones in Stockholm. The stadium is even in Solna, just a walking distance from the place where I spent one year as an Erasmus sudent 15 years ago. That would be a heavy nostalgy for me. But the Swedish concerts are the ones that sell out most quickly. I remember trying to get tickets for Bruce and McCartney. No chance to get good tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 14:17 by Happy24.

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 16, 2014 12:14

Haha, Dublin on the 16th would suit me just fine smiling smiley, but I've learned through years of experience that I'm never that lucky!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 16, 2014 12:14

Is Hamburg really out of the list? sad smiley
Or is there a possibility for a concert there to be added ´back? There are only 14 dates on the list now. Hamburg would be a great choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 12:15 by Stonesfan2146.

Date: March 16, 2014 12:20

Bjornulf...will there be more shows added, or is this it???????????
i can remember you said there would be 2 gigs in Holland.

Jeroen

Date: March 16, 2014 13:14

I think I can answer your question quite responsibly: After the official announcement it will be it, things can change until then. I remember vividly how I was anxiously following the rumour list in 2007 and althought it was really close to the reality, Brno was never on the list (eventhough it was canceled in 2006) and the first time it "appeared" was in the official announcement. I remember how I jumped when Mick said Brno in the internet broadcast.

So I would not expect any major changes, but 1 or 2 surprises might occure.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 16, 2014 13:23

Just bought a Werchter ticket. Let's get this show started smiling smiley

Date: March 16, 2014 13:27

Program
My guess is that Tel Aviv and Oslo are taken off the list soon:

A concert in Tel Aviv in 10 weeks, and tickets are no where near being on sale yet. They cant sell 40.000 in that short time. So they will give up soon.

Oslo is taken off the list soon, and they focus on Friends Arena in Stockholm.

A Hamburg stadium concert can still be added to the list, particularly as Berlin is currently the only Northern Germany concert on the list, and Waldbuhne is a "club" concert with limited capacity.

WTF? The tour will open in Oslo. Why on earth would they take it off the list?

Friends Arena will probably be late in the tour. I really do not see the connection there confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home