Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THIS JUST IN! Sam Cutler web site - books - tshirts - will fund a trip to America
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 3, 2014 23:59

This just in----from Sam Cutler-----as many of you know: 1969 road manager of the Stones, later manager of the Grateful Dead,
gifted raconteur, unusually gifted writer, and wise old-soul. He's selling limited-edition shirts ($30) and if you buy one,
you will instantly become part of a secret society of very cool people. Kidding. But it's an awesome shirt in its own right - the book
should be on your bedside table - and the funds will go to a great cause: getting Sam back to the US for "tour dates"
and to be with his lady LOVE! (See below)

- swiss

Sam's NOTE:

FRIENDS !! HERE'S MY PLAN - PLEASE HELP !!!

I am trying to raise funds to get to America, and Jackie and I thought about 'crowd funding' and other sophisticated 'financial instruments', and even thought about begging (a noble profession LOL) but in the end we decided what we should do is start a web site and sell some cool T shirts, posters, books and rock n roll ephemera associated with me. Eventually, the site www.samcutler.org will have several of my books, some REALLY cool shirts, some even cooler posters and some other bits of rock n roll memorabilia that you would LOVE to have. So I designed the first item, we have had it printed on best quality hundred percent cotton (long sleeved) shirts and it is available just in time for Valentine's Day. the message on the shirt (available in black or white) is a simple one but it is very appropriate: it says

There are photos of a the shirt below - it's available now, and all for the wonderful price of $US30. So support your local lovers, both Jackie and I would swim to Hawaii and 'meet in the middle' if we could, but we think this is a better way to do things. Thanks for being so supportive, I need to be in America to both be with my sweetheart and to do a bunch of gigs, this is our plan to get me on the road. Smiles all round, thank you for being so kind and supportive, keep checking on the site as we're going to be doing a new 'limited edition' T shirt every month and all kinds of other desirable goodies will eventually make their way to you.

Sam's Website - HERE!

Sam in one of the shirts - his girlfriend Jackie can be see on the site

Re: THIS JUST IN! Sam Cutler web site - books - tshirts - will fund a trip to America
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 4, 2014 00:54

Why can't he just come to USA ?i love his book but.....

Re: THIS JUST IN! Sam Cutler web site - books - tshirts - will fund a trip to America
Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: February 4, 2014 01:49

Why dont he sign "everybody seems to be ready,for the first time in......." posters/t-shirts and sell them?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 4, 2014 02:36

Everybody's got their hand out these days. Are we really to believe he can't afford a plane ticket?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 4, 2014 02:52

Hmmm why isn't Sam on the corporate speaking circuit creaming it with an easy gig....tell a few war stories, heck we have speakers that can command between $4000 and $8000 per engagement in our small market of 4 million

Seems a natural fit for a retired road dog.

Heck a line up of " Sam Cutler, Richard Cole interviewed by Mick Wall" would be a good corporate night out

Date: February 4, 2014 02:57

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 11:28 by swiss.

Date: February 4, 2014 02:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 03:03 by swiss.

Date: February 4, 2014 03:02

SKILLS
Hmmm why isn't Sam on the corporate speaking circuit creaming it with an easy gig....tell a few war stories, heck we have speakers that can command between $4000 and $8000 per engagement in our small market of 4 million

Heck a line up of " Sam Cutler, Richard Cole interviewed by Mick Wall" would be a good corporate night out

SKILLS - It's possible Sam might be open in exploring something along these lines

Do you have any idea how one steps into such gigs?

thanks
swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 03:20 by swiss.

Date: February 4, 2014 03:23

swiss
SKILLS

SKILLS - I have no idea whether Sam has tried this, but do you know how people obtain such gigs?

thanks
swiss

Yep, most major cities will have a few celebrity speaking agencies. If your looking to get into the business, or point someone, 1. Famous or Fame Associated .2 With a good story or two (At this stage content is more inportant than delivery, delivery can be worked on and a unsure speaker can go to room commander fairly swiftly with training, think of sports stars who have developed themselves, some with speech impediments, Sharpe and Strahan but a few) .3 Relatively sober

Date: February 4, 2014 03:32

SKILLS
swiss
SKILLS

SKILLS - I have no idea whether Sam has tried this, but do you know how people obtain such gigs?

thanks
swiss

Yep, most major cities will have a few celebrity speaking agencies. If your looking to get into the business, or point someone, 1. Famous or Fame Associated .2 With a good story or two (At this stage content is more inportant than delivery, delivery can be worked on and a unsure speaker can go to room commander fairly swiftly with training, think of sports stars who have developed themselves, some with speech impediments, Sharpe and Strahan but a few) .3 Relatively sober

SKILLS -- thanks for your note. I'm neither in this business nor interested at all in getting into it. but I do think highly of Sam. He's not only sober, he's a Buddhist. And as ribald and unrepentant as ever -- fascinating storyteller. I interveiwed him on film for my documentary about Altamont, and it is going to be hard to be able to use only some of his stories, since he's pretty spellbinding.

Do you have any concrete suggestions about reputable firms? It sounds as if you either may have had a hand in organizing this sort of event -- or have attended same, and would perhaps have more a sense of this sort of thing than I would.

If you would be willing to continue chattig a little bit offline, my email address is listed on my iorr profile.

thanks in advance for your thoughts & insights
swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 03:45 by swiss.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 4, 2014 03:53

I've ordered a tee.
I dig Sam and the shirts

Date: February 4, 2014 04:10

Deathgod
I've ordered a tee.
I dig Sam and the shirts

Awesome, Deathgod - I know Sam will appreciate it.

Date: February 4, 2014 04:19

SKILLS -- thanks for your note...

Do you have any concrete suggestions about reputable firms?.

SWISS -- Which market UK/USA both? EU?.

Date: February 4, 2014 04:31

SKILLS
SKILLS -- thanks for your note...

Do you have any concrete suggestions about reputable firms?.

SWISS -- Which market UK/USA both? EU?.

hi SKILLS --

Most likely any of the above.

His intention is to get back here, to the United States, sooner rather than later, I know.

But if there were opportunities elsewhere I'd imagine he might be game.

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 04:31 by swiss.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 4, 2014 06:58

SKILLS

Heck!

While The Stones are in town (Melbourne), Bobby Keys is doing a show, and The Chuckster is having an overpriced Q&A. I have negative inclination to go to either of those....

But I'd pay to see Sam in the blink of an eye.

Come on Sam... The airfare from Brisbane to Melbourne isn't a lot. You could get 10 times that back!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 4, 2014 07:21

CaptainCorella
SKILLS

Heck!

While The Stones are in town (Melbourne), Bobby Keys is doing a show, and The Chuckster is having an overpriced Q&A. I have negative inclination to go to either of those....

But I'd pay to see Sam in the blink of an eye.

Come on Sam... The airfare from Brisbane to Melbourne isn't a lot. You could get 10 times that back!

That's awesome, CaptainCorella! smiling smiley Do you know anyone willing to set up something like that?

-swiss

Date: February 4, 2014 07:28

swiss

That's awesome, CaptainCorella! smiling smiley Do you know anyone willing to set up something like that?

-swiss

I don't. But doesn't ROCKMAN live in Melbourne? (I am pretty much precisely in between Melbourne and Hanging Rock. Quite handy really!)

Pageing ROCKMAN?

(Anyone know how to get in touch with Sam, other than by buying a T-shirt. His former samculter.com site seems to be, ahem, unavailable.)

EDIT: OK, I guess that something would be seen via Facebook. However, as I have not succumbed to the Cult Of Facebook, someone else would have to do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 07:31 by CaptainCorella.

Date: February 4, 2014 08:11

CaptainCorella
swiss

-swiss

I don't. But doesn't ROCKMAN live in Melbourne? (I am pretty much precisely in between Melbourne and Hanging Rock. Quite handy really!)

Pageing ROCKMAN?

(Anyone know how to get in touch with Sam, other than by buying a T-shirt. His former samculter.com site seems to be, ahem, unavailable.)

EDIT: OK, I guess that something would be seen via Facebook. However, as I have not succumbed to the Cult Of Facebook, someone else would have to do that.

I'm in touch with Sam, and I've let him know I posted this. If there are any actual, solid proposals for events, I'll liaison with him.

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 08:12 by swiss.

Date: February 4, 2014 08:25

swiss
CaptainCorella
swiss

-swiss

Pageing ROCKMAN?

I'm in touch with Sam, and I've let him know I posted this. If there are any actual, solid proposals for events, I'll liaison with him.

- swiss

Can you check with him if he's up for it? No point if he's not the sort of person who likes Public Speaking (fair enough!)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 4, 2014 08:39

Rockman and Sam bullshittin' to each other...

ROCKMAN

Date: February 4, 2014 10:37

CaptainCorella
swiss
CaptainCorella
swiss

-swiss

Pageing ROCKMAN?

- swiss

Can you check with him if he's up for it? No point if he's not the sort of person who likes Public Speaking (fair enough!)

LOL! I'd think it would have been be clear in the quote you included directly above if there are any solid proposals of actual
events, or people who can arrange that, I can put that person in contact with Sam. But don't waste his time smiling smiley If he weren't
a "sort of person who likes public speaking" for the past 40 years he wouldn't have been doing book tours, and radio and TV interviews
all over the world grinning smiley I simply let him know the topic of corporate speaking gigs had been broached by someone on IORR---and, again,
if any actual leads to something of potential value materialize he knows I'll pass them along to him, and he'll take it from there.

- swiss

Date: February 4, 2014 20:51

Rockman

Rockman and Sam bullshittin' to each other...

Great photo smiling smiley Sam's awesome.

Date: February 4, 2014 21:13

To SWISS:

If you are able to point Sam towards this type of service I'm sure he will find an appropriate outlet for his talents and tales.

here is the UK's leading service

[www.speakers.co.uk]

And in the USA

[celebrityspeakersusa.com]

Basically if Sam is able to present himself to the bookers they will take him through their systems and introduce him to a new world.

IMO - This type of speaker is an excellent evenings entertainment. Sam was in a position to witness the transition from Road Managers doing it all, to the corporate takeover of rock, this transition period and the sheer by the seat of your pants nature of the rock business in the 60's/70's would make for a good study for Business Professionals and Fans alike.

Thinking off the top of head, Sam witnessed 3 of the most significant moments in Rock, Hyde Park, Altamont (and aftermath - The Angels Stories would be golden) and obviously Woodstock.

If Sam is in Australia as per Wiki then this activity would be even easier to accomplish, as I'm in NZ and have contacts directly within the Australasian Market.

[www.celebrityspeakers.com.au]

[www.australiannetworkentertainment.com]

[www.celebspeakers.com]

As a corp exec i've been going to these events for the last 20yrs and i'd love to hear from a genuine Rock Relic

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 4, 2014 23:51

Another type of gig might include record/memorabilia conventions (are there Rolling Stones coventions?). I once went to a "Beatles Fest" or something like that, and one of the speakers was the guy who was their chauffer in America. I mean, if the driver can get a speaking gig . . . . .

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 5, 2014 00:50

Wasn't one of their bodyguards doing something like this too?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 5, 2014 03:29

drbryant
Another type of gig might include record/memorabilia conventions (are there Rolling Stones coventions?). I once went to a "Beatles Fest" or something like that, and one of the speakers was the guy who was their chauffer in America. I mean, if the driver can get a speaking gig . . . . .

The dog walker...poop scooper?

Seriously, it'd be cool to see Sam Cutler speak, I'd pay for that. Good luck to him.

Date: February 5, 2014 08:24

SKILLS
To SWISS:

If you are able to point Sam towards this type of service I'm sure he will find an appropriate outlet for his talents and tales.

here is the UK's leading service
[www.speakers.co.uk]
And in the USA
[celebrityspeakersusa.com]

Basically if Sam is able to present himself to the bookers they will take him through their systems and introduce him to a new world.
IMO - This type of speaker is an excellent evenings entertainment. Sam was in a position to witness the transition from Road Managers doing it all, to the corporate takeover of rock, this transition period and the sheer by the seat of your pants nature of the rock business in the 60's/70's would make for a good study for Business Professionals and Fans alike.

Thinking off the top of head, Sam witnessed 3 of the most significant moments in Rock, Hyde Park, Altamont (and aftermath - The Angels Stories would be golden) and obviously Woodstock.

If Sam is in Australia as per Wiki then this activity would be even easier to accomplish, as I'm in NZ and have contacts directly within the Australasian Market.
[www.celebrityspeakers.com.au]
[www.australiannetworkentertainment.com]
[www.celebspeakers.com]

As a corp exec i've been going to these events for the last 20yrs and i'd love to hear from a genuine Rock Relic

Thanks, SKILLS!

Yup, Sam does live in Australia! Given you're in NZ and mention you "have contacts directly within the Australasian Market," perhaps
you can talk directly with Sam, and thereby ensure you get to attend a great event of this genuine Rock Relic winking smiley

Your email address is not listed, so I can't reach out to you. But mine is listed if you click on my name above. If you'll shoot me a quick note I
can either send you and Sam an intro email, and you can take it from there - or send Sam your email or send you Sam's -- whatever works.
Sounds like you might have a more direct lead than cold-calling.

Agreed on Sam being a natural for something like this. I interviewed Sam for my Altamont documentary this July and have 2+ hours
of spellbding tales, insights and recollections. He's also great informally/off-the-cuff. Great presence, delivery, and content.
He's SO bright, and an English gentleman with a heavily-tatted, skull-ringed exterior.

all best
- swiss

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 5, 2014 09:31

Are you sure he wants to be called a relic?! winking smiley

Date: February 5, 2014 21:07

Aquamarine
Are you sure he wants to be called a relic?! winking smiley

Not my term - just quoting SKILLS smiling smiley

SKILLS -- you can reach me at -------.

- swiss

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 09:56 by swiss.

Date: February 6, 2014 10:00

Sam Cutler t-shirt arrived today - that was fast! It's soft and cozy! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-09 04:34 by swiss.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home