Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Sydney and Hunter Valley Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 9, 2013 13:24

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the SYDNEY and HUNTER VALLEY shows of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Wed Nov 12
Allphones Arena
Sydney
Australia

Sat Nov 15
Hope Estate
Hunter Valley (near Sydney)
Australia

Bjornulf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-08 13:09 by bv.

Re: Sydney Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 9, 2013 21:52

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 16, 2013 00:20

I'm looking for one tongue pit ticket. Anyone got a spare one that they are willing to sell?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Is it worth to fly from Europe to Sydney for one show only?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 18, 2013 22:42

I have a decent Sydney tix. But the second market is insane for other cities. I'm loosing appetite here. Besides my time table is more tight than I had thought.

So Paris-Sydney-Paris in 8 days, like leaving on Saturday and back next Sunday

I think to stop over in Seoul, where they have transit hotel inside the duty free zone. Never been to Sydney. But it seems a huge trip for one week. I don't know how will react my body,

What do you think?

Re: Is it worth to fly from Europe to Sydney for one show only?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:05

...be a man ...fly ta Perth then hitch-hike across
ta Sydney ... think of all the miles of nothing you'll get ta see

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:17

It depends on the size of your Wallet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 23:30 by Thommie.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:27

No. It would be insane. They are coming to Europe this coming summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:27

Sydney is a great city, you'll enjoy a stay there. I went for 9 days once and it was OK. A 24 flight is pretty shattering no matter how much of a break you have in between; I think you'll be OK. But hopefully you'll find something affordable elsewhere on the secondary market nearer the time.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:44

If you have to ask then probably no. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:50

what other cities are you interested in?

I've never been to Australia but when they announced Adelaide I sort of knew I want to get there 5 minutes later see the place, make a journey out of it and then the rest of the dates followed

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 19, 2013 02:16

bv
No. It would be insane. They are coming to Europe this coming summer.

Done deal?

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 19, 2013 03:01

I would try to come to Melbourne and hanging rock as well - you could do Monday thru Monday and see 3 shows. I'm sure if you keep looking you will find tix at face value- I have a spare PC1 sydney ticket to sell (no good to you obviously) and may even have a GA Hanging Rock if my friend doesn't want it (I scored Lucky Dip after buying in the pre sale). So there must be others out there in a similar situation who are looking to sell without making a profit too...

Otherwise wait for Europe!

Enmore Theatre aside, the other 3 Sydney shows I have seen the crowd has been lame- sitting thru the show and I have even experienced outright hostility for wanting to stand or dance.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 19, 2013 03:15

If you have other reasons for being in Sydney, then it's great. If you are only going to attend a show, then 22 hours in transit is too much.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 03:41

jammingedward
I would try to come to Melbourne and hanging rock as well - you could do Monday thru Monday and see 3 shows. I'm sure if you keep looking you will find tix at face value- I have a spare PC1 sydney ticket to sell (no good to you obviously) and may even have a GA Hanging Rock if my friend doesn't want it (I scored Lucky Dip after buying in the pre sale). So there must be others out there in a similar situation who are looking to sell without making a profit too...

Enmore Theatre aside, the other 3 Sydney shows I have seen the crowd has been lame- sitting thru the show and I have even experienced outright hostility for wanting to stand or dance.

I don't think lucky dip guarantees GA........

Date: December 19, 2013 04:04

bitusa2012
jammingedward

I don't think lucky dip guarantees GA........

GA is on the lawn behind all of the seated area and is one of the cheapest tickets of the tour. So the lucky dip option for Hanging Rock is most likely, and at the very worst, GA.

If I'm lucky enough to get an upgrade it will be in the seated area in front of the stage. That's why I'm keeping my lucky dip tickets and selling my GA standing tickets!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 19, 2013 04:16

It really just depends on how much money and time you want to spend and you're the only one who can answer that question.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 19, 2013 05:19

I admire your commitment and sense of adventure. But maybe Tokyo #3 would be a better bet? It would be a more interesting cultural experience in a more enthusiastic Stones market.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 05:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 16:18 by camper88.

Date: February 8, 2014 07:43

Selling one PC1 ticket at cost for this show. Email jumpin_julian@hotmail.com

Sydney concert floor or elevated seating better ?
Posted by: sharkster ()
Date: February 27, 2014 04:53

Hi,

I picked up a couple of row 21 f section floor seat tickets at the end of December when it was sold out. Paid a small fortune for the seats before the later ticket drops were announced.

My friend picked up a couple of tickets in section 10 row LL in the recent sale for face value.

We are now trying to work out which would be the better seats.

It appears we may get a better view and be closer to the stage from the section 10 seats when looking at the ticketek floor plan and arena photos of previous concerts held elsewhere.

Can anyone offer any advice on this ?

Thanks

Re: Sydney concert floor or elevated seating better ?
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 27, 2014 04:54

Personally, I love the floor. You stand and it's a party.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 27, 2014 04:57

Some of the feedback from Abu Dhabi was that the stage was too high to properly see the band.

You may want to check that out before making your decision.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 27, 2014 05:07

Sydney will be an arena "tongue pit" stage, not a stadium stage, correct? If so, I would take side of the stage risers unless you are tall, and want the feeling of being on the floor. Others may feel differently.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 27, 2014 11:13

sharkster
Hi,

I picked up a couple of row 21 f section floor seat tickets at the end of December when it was sold out. Paid a small fortune for the seats before the later ticket drops were announced.

My friend picked up a couple of tickets in section 10 row LL in the recent sale for face value.

We are now trying to work out which would be the better seats.

It appears we may get a better view and be closer to the stage from the section 10 seats when looking at the ticketek floor plan and arena photos of previous concerts held elsewhere.

Can anyone offer any advice on this ?

Thanks

From the 21st row a high stage shouldnt be as much of a problem as the front row.

Id keep your seats if I was you, you can always move and if you sold them and it turned out you old seat were great it would be a drag.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 11:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sharkster ()
Date: March 1, 2014 15:02

Thanks guys, I appreciate your opinions smiling smiley

Posted by: jamcas ()
Date: March 21, 2014 06:10

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any travellers from interstate or overseas, that couldnt change their arrangements and are still heading to sydney ?

Regards
Jaime

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 21, 2014 06:22

jamcas
Hi,

Just wondering if there are any travellers from interstate or overseas, that couldnt change their arrangements and are still heading to sydney ?

Regards
Jaime

On Facebook there are a couple of American visitors in Sydney who are coming along to this event on Tuesday night ... [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 21, 2014 09:33

I hope & pray Mick & the boyz are back in fine fettle by then......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 23, 2014 23:48

jamcas
Hi,

Regards
Jaime

There was a large group of Argentinians at Bobby Keys' Sydney gig last night, wearing custom tour t-shirts for their tour group. When I arrived at the gig there was a group of 10-12 of them paying at the door.

Posted by: jamcas ()
Date: March 24, 2014 05:55

Great Show by Bobby last night, many international fans also attended.

Thanks foxy for the tickets.

JC

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home