Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Adelaide Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 08:48

The question of support act is interesting in that the only consistent information from all sources is that:

1) There definitely is one scheduled for 7:15pm
2) No one knows who it is.

Is the the usual standard procedure?

Posted by: winos ()
Date: March 17, 2014 10:39

No in past years the Stones have made a point of taking on big name local acts such as You Am I, Wolfmother, Jet & The Cruel Sea as supports.

I stick to my theory that whilst there maybe a support act it will be a cheap one - string quartet anyone??

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:03

I have a ticket for this show but I am not able to go. I have tried to contact Ticketek many times about giving the ticket away for FREE as it requires collection from a ticket office in Australia. I fear my seat (not a great one, but a seat at the show at least) will remain empty for the whole show. The things you try to do to be nice eh!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:07

I'd take your ticket !
But I think you will need photo ID and the credit card used to purchase to pick up.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:07

Tell Frontier Touring or iEC Entertainment they might be able to get rid of it for you

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 20, 2014 11:09

Just landed in Adelaide...
Left Paris on Tuesday 18 March when the tour was allegedly still on, with the exception of Perth
Discovered in transit in Seoul on Wednesday 19 the whole leg was postponed... Had 60 minutes to take a decision - pros and cons - i) had to buy a whole new ticket with Air France to come back, ii) had to loose four tickets with Qantas, and iii) had a long-time wish to visit Australia.
A little weird, though

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 12:55

A little local insight, no actual news here -

Adelaide is a minor capital city here after Sydney and Melbourne. Major acts rarely play here due to previous lack of a suitable venue and/or assume there's no market.

Our govt spent the big $ to upgrade an iconic cricket ground to a FIFA compliant stadium, with a great setting in lovely parklands 5 mins walk from the main city center and transport hub.

The state as in the govt was supportive of the Stones visit in both $ and marketing and infrastructure. They were going to close major roads and throw on tons of extra direct public transport and police etc - this was to be showpiece event and from experience, we do the logistics of these things with style.

Every person here I spoke to personally last November talked about this concert like it was genuinely a big deal, regardless of their age or musical preference. It was feel good news here in town.

We bought up the highest price concert tickets the city has ever seen, and even having a good ticket was just cause for prettier girls than you'd normally meet to flirt and suggest accompanying you.

So from our point of view locally, this was not just another cookie cutter arena show that you see once every few years in the US/UK/Eur, but the only chance most locals born since about 1985 will ever have to see the Stones.

This was something here that had the masses talking - not just the fans.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: March 20, 2014 13:57

I'm in Adelaide too tomorrow evening, if there are any other "lost travelers" in the city I think it would be good to meet.

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 20, 2014 14:19

zgubi
I'm in Adelaide too tomorrow evening, if there are any other "lost travelers" in the city I think it would be good to meet.

Bobby Keys is still playing The Gov if you're looking for some Stones related action!

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 20, 2014 14:20

petewasbristol
I have a ticket for this show but I am not able to go. I have tried to contact Ticketek many times about giving the ticket away for FREE as it requires collection from a ticket office in Australia. I fear my seat (not a great one, but a seat at the show at least) will remain empty for the whole show. The things you try to do to be nice eh!

You will now be able to get a refund due to the postponement...

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 7, 2014 21:56

Macnee2
The question of support act is interesting in that the only consistent information from all sources is that:

1) There definitely is one scheduled for 7:15pm
2) No one knows who it is.

Is the the usual standard procedure?

I read somewhere, that Australian superstar Jimmy Barnes (Singer of 'Cold Chisel') will be the opening act in Adelaide. I saw him in the 90s in a very good rock concert. Or maybe that was only for the March concert, which did not happened.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 7, 2014 22:09

Jimmy Barnes will open on the new date in October.

[www.frontiertouring.com]

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:14

Only 99 days until the Adelaide gig!! See you there!!

Where will they rehearse before that - Europe or maybe somewhere in Australia???

Cheers
Richard

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 22, 2014 02:01

Is anyone looking to sell a ticket? I'm a fan coming to the show from Canada.

Please contact me by email if you do.

bengigan@hotmail.com

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2014 02:32

Tickets still available for The Rolling Stones Adelaide Oval concert

THE long journey for The Rolling Stones’ highly anticipated Adelaide Oval concert has begun with the band’s enormous stage currently shipping its way to Adelaide.
The English rockers called off their March tour of Australia and New Zealand just days before its first concert was due to kick off in Perth after the death of Mick Jagger’s girlfriend, former model L’Wren Scott who took her own life.
On October 25, the band will take to the stage and perform the long awaited opening concert for Adelaide Oval and local promoter Tony Cochrane couldn’t be happier.
“To give you an idea of how much Adelaide wants this concert, we had less than one per cent of people that put their tickets back into the system for a refund,” he said.
“It’s been worth the wait — Adelaide gets the full European stage and it’s going to be one hell of a show.”
The concert is being touted as one of the largest stage productions to be held in Adelaide, with nearly 60 trucks required to deliver equipment.
And it’s not too late to be part of the action as Mr Cochrane said some tickets are still available for the Adelaide event.
“With selling 52,000 tickets to a stadium show there are still a few single tickets around,” he said.
“There are also some other corporate packages that are on offer which are really fantastic value. “It’s going to be special for so many reasons this event — and people will be finding out more about this in the coming weeks.”
Adelaide will host the first of the Australian concerts and it’s not just the promoter who is rapt with the support for the event which will be the band’s first Adelaide show in more than 20 years.
“The guys are really excited to play the first show at The Oval as they’re massive cricket fans,” Mr Cochrane said.
“One the key things in the band returning to Australia was that they play Adelaide Oval — and they’re playing it first now.”
International and intestate fans have bought more than 11,000 tickets, which Mr Cochrane said will be huge boost for South Australia — putting the crown jewel of Adelaide, it’s new stadium, on the world stage.
“You only have to ring around the Adelaide hotels and try and find room or a restaurant for that matter,” he said.
“A lot of people are coming to town especially for the concert.”

[www.adelaidenow.com.au]

Date: September 28, 2014 02:46

The 'full European stage' ?
Which stage? Hyde Park ?
Wasn't most of Europe festivals ?
Pray it's not Abu Dhabi setup.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 28, 2014 04:16

I think the Hyde Park stage is owned by BST, because they used it this year too. They had a different stage in Europe at the stadium shows. There are many pictures and videos of it. They used it in Oslo, Zurich, Dusseldorf, Stockholm, Paris, Madrid, Rome and maybe in other cities too.

Adelaide Pre Show Plans
Posted by: Whynts ()
Date: October 20, 2014 12:35

Hi guys

Where are people recommending for a drink pre show in Adelaide? Am staying at the Intercontinental on North Tce - booked it a year ago on the assumption the band would be there but don't think there is much in that area for pre show vibe.

Are you planning on getting there for Jimmy Barnes or because it is seated just roll in before the Stones?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 20, 2014 23:35

Weather forecast for Saturday in Adelaide is 27 dropping to 15 overnight.

Don't forget the sunscreen.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 21, 2014 00:30

A pre-party would be fine ;-)
I'll roll in from Germany.
Any suggestion from a local?

... btw, counting the hours :-)

Date: October 21, 2014 00:36

A few Aussies have organised a pre show catchup at
The Daniel O'Connell Pub
165 Tynte Street, North Adelaide,
3.30pm

Date: October 21, 2014 00:40

Sound's good, thanks for the information :-)

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:10

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 20:10 by colonial.

Posted by: StoneApache ()
Date: October 21, 2014 04:46

thumbs up

...Wandering Stone...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 21, 2014 10:19

Stage in Adelaide
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 09:45

Any idea which one we'll get? The height etc? Any pics of it going up yet? I am front row, missus only 4'10'....I hope she can see!!!

Re: Stage in Adelaide
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 09:50

There was a press release saying Adelaide will get the full European stage. So it will be quite low. It won't have anything to do with the stages in Werchter or Abu Dhabi.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:47

hockenheim95
There was a press release saying Adelaide will get the full European stage. So it will be quite low. It won't have anything to do with the stages in Werchter or Abu Dhabi.

thanks

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 21, 2014 13:40

bitusa2012
Any idea which one we'll get? The height etc? Any pics of it going up yet? I am front row, missus only 4'10'....I hope she can see!!!

I was right at the front in Madrid and although I'm 6ft I don't think anyone shorter would of had a problem seeing anything so if they use the same stage you should both have great views and a great time.

Enjoy >grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: October 21, 2014 14:31

It's the same stage from Hyde Park

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home