Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Perth Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:10

Thanks! You exactly describe how I feel. I was sooo looking forward to the Auckland show and my biggest fear is, that it is cancelled. But at the same time I feel guilty about thinking that way.

sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:11 by Karlos123.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:14

Karlos123
Thanks! You exactly describe how I feel. I was sooo looking forward to the Auckland show and my biggest fear is, that it is cancelled. But at the same time I feel guilty about thinking that way.

sad smiley

totally natural and normal. You can feel bad for the people involved and still curse your bad lack, if it is. You shouldn't feel guilty. And I can't imagine that they would not make every effort to reschedule these gigs. If they do postpone, it won't be the first time.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:17

bleedingman
I can't see Mick dancing and smiling and doing the "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! WHOOO!" in the near future and quite frankly I wouldn't want to. Under these circumstances, what would come to mind if I were to see Mick would be "Very sorry for your loss". How is he going to sing "Miss You" (or other suddenly poignant songs)? There are times when the show doesn't have to go on. A relatively young woman whom we have been (however remotely) acquainted with for 10 years is dead by her own hand. Set list whining will have to wait a while.

Very well done. Seriously. All the way up to "setlist whining..."

The "True Fan" enforcement squad doesn't need to use tragedies to bolster orthodoxy--does it?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:17

I can see Mick having to grieve, and on the other hand, I think work is a big source of pleasure and escape for him.
Perhaps a postponement of Australia shows, a rescheduling...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:21

They have left hotel

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:21

bleedingman
I can't see Mick dancing and smiling and doing the "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! WHOOO!" in the near future and quite frankly I wouldn't want to. Under these circumstances, what would come to mind if I were to see Mick would be "Very sorry for your loss". How is he going to sing "Miss You" (or other suddenly poignant songs)? There are times when the show doesn't have to go on. A relatively young woman whom we have been (however remotely) acquainted with for 10 years is dead by her own hand. Set list whining will have to wait a while.

poignant and well-stated.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:22

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:56 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:28

Just confirmed on Aussie news, Jagger is flying to New York. Formal statement in half an hour!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:29

bleedingman
Rev. Robert W.
bleedingman

The "True Fan" enforcement squad doesn't need to use tragedies to bolster orthodoxy--does it?

Apologies to the whiners.

Just an observation and no real reason to apologize. I'm not sure anyone has designated you an arbiter of proper Stones fandom...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:43

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:56 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:46

bleedingman
Rev. Robert W.
bleedingman
Rev. Robert W.
bleedingman

Apologies to the whiners.

Just an observation and no real reason to apologize. I'm not sure anyone has designated you an arbiter of proper Stones fandom...

Absolutely not. Are you an arbiter of whiners?

Guys, unless this exchange is some kind of third degree joke that my poor english does not allow me to understand, let me say that it is absolutely boring and not at the right time and the right place.
We are all waiting to know what happens next and not interested in another set list fight. Come on!!!!
Why dont you exchange email and argue privately????

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:49 by Grichka.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:26

The Rolling Stones Tour: Live From The Press Conference
18 March, 2014

The Rolling Stones’ Australian tour is in doubt after the news of Mick Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott’s death.

The band arrived in Australia on Monday and are currently in Perth ahead of their planned first date – due to take place tomorrow (Wednesday 19 March).

A press conference is about to be held outside the band’s hotel – the Hyatt – in Perth at 9am local time, 12pm AEDT.

Updates from the press conference below once it starts: refresh for updates.

> press conference

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:41

Hey, Jeff! Hang in there ...

While we're waiting this is Stones mega-fan Jeff Gussin, 49, from Philadelphia. He’s at the conference. Been following band since '78 and worked load in-load out '94, '95, '97, '98, '99 for them. He tells theMusic.com.au he’s spent about $10,000 on following the tour around Australia. Followed the band around the US on last tour and went to all shows. “Like the Stones' song Pretty Beat Up, I'm pretty beat up.”

[themusic.com.au]

Posted by: Chris85 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:44

FasterLouder (another Aussie music news site) report posted a few minutes ago:

Reports of a The Rolling Stones press conference at midday today have been dismissed by promoter Frontier Touring.

Several media outlets had reported that a conference relating to the sudden death of Mick Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott and the band’s Australian tour plans would take place at midday today (9am Perth time). But a representative from Frontier Touring told touring partners Triple M that wasn’t the case. The representative said the band “has gathered together in Perth where they’re dealing with the situation”, and that reports of Mick Jagger leaving the country were – “to their knowledge” – wide of the mark.

A statement issued by Jagger’s spokesman earlier today said the singer is “completely shocked and devastated” by the news. The fashion designer had been Jagger’s partner since 2001 following the Rolling Stones frontman’s split from wife Jerry Hall.

The Rolling Stones are scheduled to begin a national tour in Perth tomorrow. It will mark their first shows in Australia since the “A Bigger Bang” tour in 2006 which only travelled to Sydney and Melbourne. In 2003 their “Licks” tour also featured Brisbane on the itinerary, but they haven’t been to Adelaide (or Perth) since they were touring Voodoo Lounge way back in 1995.

FL will continue to provide updates on The Rolling Stones’ Australian tour plans.

[www.fasterlouder.com.au]

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:46

wow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 03:46 by SWAYZ.

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:55

If he was going, he would have gone.....by now.

If the concert was cancelled, they would have said....by now.To stop people wasting time and money travelling and hotels.

The RS jet is still parked at Perth.

He's going to go on with it. Interesting.
Maybe decades of discipline. Maybe they had split at Xmas. Maybe the 6 million in debt story is a clever diversion put out by people it may suit to put out.

Maybe add these things together, and you've got a concert tour continuing, damaged, but basically intact. Lets see.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:00

mick will be criticised either way. show goes on he is insensitive, cancel the show(s)/tour and people will want him to pay for there monetary losses. either way he cannot win in such a terrible situation..

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:12

MockJigger
If he was going, he would have gone.....by now.

If the concert was cancelled, they would have said....by now.To stop people wasting time and money travelling and hotels.

The RS jet is still parked at Perth.

A 767 with one passenger? He took a different plane.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:12

Please see the IORR news and forum for updates and comments on the situation.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:15

boynamedsue69
mick will be criticised either way. show goes on he is insensitive, cancel the show(s)/tour and people will want him to pay for there monetary losses. either way he cannot win in such a terrible situation..

Indeed. However, people who blame the man for cancelling/postponing a show in these circumstances really need to take a good look at themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 04:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:23

bv
Please see the IORR news and forum for updates and comments on the situation.

I'm sorry I don't understand where this means to look. Have tried news, where else?
Edited to add: OK, I see the new thread, put up now, thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 04:30 by angee.

Posted by: Chris85 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:24

The ticket pages for Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne on Ticketek.com.au (official ticket seller for those shows) are now saying no tickets can be found and won't even let you select a price category (this is different to yesterday when you could select a price category and purchase tickets, if available).

Edit - the issue may be with the entire website, not just Stones-related.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 04:28 by Chris85.

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:25

Chris85
The ticket pages for Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne on Ticketek.com.au (official ticket seller for those shows) are now saying no tickets can be found and won't even let you select a price category (this is different to yesterday when you could select a price category and purchase tickets, if available).
Probably because they dont want more tix purchased in case of cancellation

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:37

This thread is for Perth only. Please do not use it for other purposes. Please see the sticky threads. There will be a news entry on IORR soon, less than half an hour. If you want to discuss the tour situation please use this sticky thread:

The Rolling Stones updates from Perth
[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:41

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:16

boynamedsue69

These people are the Rolling Stones. They have been for over 50 years. Either way anyone criticising their decision is just not worth mentionning.

If I had to guess, I would say the show will go on Rolling Stones style.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:00

I don't think that there is any reason to conclude that Perth is off until we hear otherwise. Some of us remember Hyde Park (the first one).

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:03

Grichka
boynamedsue69

These people are the Rolling Stones. They have been for over 50 years. Either way anyone criticising their decision is just not worth mentionning.

The Perth show will NOT go on as scheduled. Nobody wants that to happen under these circumstances. Jagger is reported to be on his way to New York. The Australian tour dates will be rescheduled. The promoters and Stones management are trying to figure out what to do at this point but the decision when they will play again is up to Mick.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 06:38 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:10

The tour will continue, if it wasn't I think we'd know by now

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:12

TornAndFried
Grichka
boynamedsue69

Rubbish. The Perth show will not go on as scheduled. Nobody wants that to happen under these circumstances. Mick is reported to be on his way to New York. The Australian tour will be postponed. The promoters and Stones management are trying to figure out what to do at this point, but the decision when, or if they will play again is up to Mick.

For what it's worth, my wife said to me just now "the Stones aren't going to cancel." I asked her where she had heard it, and she said her friends Hisami and and Keiko from her yoga class this morning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 06:12 by drbryant.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1393
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home