Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Honky Tonk Women has been selected to the 2014 Grammy Hall of Fame
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 4, 2013 20:27

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (Dec. XX, 2013) — Continuing the tradition of preserving and celebrating great recordings, The Recording Academy® has announced the newest additions to its legendary GRAMMY Hall Of Fame®. This latest round of inducted recordings continues to highlight diversity and recording excellence, and acknowledges both singles and album recordings of all genres at least 25 years old that exhibit qualitative or historical significance. Recordings are reviewed annually by a special member committee comprised of eminent and knowledgeable professionals from all branches of the recording arts, with final approval by The Recording Academy's National Board of Trustees. With 27 new titles, the list currently totals 960 and is on display at the GRAMMY Museum® at L.A. LIVE.

"Spanning the 1930s to the 1980s, this year's GRAMMY Hall Of Fame entries represent a diverse collection of influential and historically significant recordings," said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy. "Memorable and inspiring, these recordings are proudly added to our growing catalog — knowing that they have become a part of our musical, social, and cultural history."

Representing a great variety of tracks and albums, the 2014 GRAMMY Hall Of Fame inductees range from the Mary Poppins Original Cast Sound Track album to Sugarhill Gang's early rap hit "Rapper's Delight." Also added to the highly regarded list are the Drifters' "Under The Boardwalk," B.B. King's "3 O'Clock Blues," Kris Kristofferson's self-titled debut album, Dolly Parton's "Jolene," the Rolling Stones' "Honky Tonk Women," and U2's album The Joshua Tree. Other inductees include the original soundtrack from Woodstock and recordings by James Brown, Chicago, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Miles Davis, Run-D.M.C., B.J. Thomas, and Neil Young, among others.

[www.grammy.org]

Re: Honky Tonk Women has been selected to the 2014 Grammy Hall of Fame
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2013 20:30

Have any other stones songs or albums been inducted before?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 4, 2013 20:38

- Beggars Banquet, inducted in 1999
- Exile on Main St., inducted in 2012
- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, inducted in 1998
- Let it Bleed, inducted in 2005
- Sticky Fingers, inducted in 1999

Here's the full list, for those interested: [www.grammy.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-04 20:38 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 4, 2013 21:32

one of my all time favs .awesome choice . somebody at the Grammy's has very good taste . about time !

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 4, 2013 22:22

The first I ever heard of the song was, as a kid, when an older boy on my block walked around one day singing, "It's a hoooooonky tonk CITY." He was embarrassed when he learned he got the lyric wrong. But it was news to me, too.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 4, 2013 22:31

Title5Take1
The first I ever heard of the song was, as a kid, when an older boy on my block walked around one day singing, "It's a hoooooonky tonk CITY."

If this happened in Memphis, I guess he'd be sorta correct...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 5, 2013 03:52

The 1969 Grammy award for Record of the Year went to "Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In" by the Fifth Dimension.

Other nominees were "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash, "Is That All There Is?" by Peggy Lee "A Time For Us" by Henry Mancini, and "Spinning Wheel" by Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

The Song of the Year for 1969 was "Games People Play" by Joe South.

Also nominated were "A Time for Us," "Spinning Wheel," and two written by Bacharach and David, "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" and "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head."

It doesn't matter if "Honky Tonk Women" gets a Grammy. It's still a good record.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 5, 2013 03:59

U2's Joshua Tree album, really? Huh. I wonder if in fact that was what Bono was looking for--if so, he's found it, finally.

Come to think of it, exactly what was Bono looking for? It's got to be hidden in that settee somewhere....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2013 08:33

Cristiano Radtke
- Beggars Banquet, inducted in 1999
- Exile on Main St., inducted in 2012
- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, inducted in 1998
- Let it Bleed, inducted in 2005
- Sticky Fingers, inducted in 1999

Here's the full list, for those interested: [www.grammy.org]

Thanks for that...great we've got the big 4 in there. What's next for album, Some Girls, Tattoo You, Aftermath? How about singles...a dearth right now...only 2, you must be kidding.

Surely Paint it Black, Ruby Tuesday, JJF, Brown Sugar, Tumbling Dice, Angie, Miss You, SMU must be in contention.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home