Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: any fans of Meat Loaf?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2013 17:16

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Yes, I wouldn't wish it on anyone and won't be eating that again any time soon!

what if it had a better name? Would that help?

Never, in my entire life, has the name "meat loaf" ever sounded like something I wanted to eat, even a kid I was ugh, meat loaf? then I got SMACKED and yelled at about some starving childern somewhere and how I needed to apprecblah blah balh blah blah blah blah... yeah yeah yeah.... which eventually led to SMACK!! Quit playing with your food.

Meat loaf? No, Thank you.

When I was a kid, my pat response, to which I was similarly smacked upside the head, was "then why aren't we sending them this meatloaf?!"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 27, 2013 17:21

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Never, in my entire life, has the name "meat loaf" ever sounded like something I wanted to eat, even a kid I was ugh, meat loaf? then I got SMACKED and yelled at about some starving childern somewhere and how I needed to apprecblah blah balh blah blah blah blah... yeah yeah yeah.... which eventually led to SMACK!! Quit playing with your food.

When I was a kid, my pat response, to which I was similarly smacked upside the head, was "then why aren't we sending them this meatloaf?!"
grinning smiley YEAH!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 12:58

Hot Patootie - Bless My Soul

Posted by: LiveOrDie ()
Date: April 22, 2014 00:10

keefriffhard4life
Meat Loaf has released a statement saying he is working with jim steinman and desmond child to release Brave and Crazy in 2014. this will possibly be called BAT OUT OF HELL 4: BRAVE AND CRAZY. meat loaf may also finally record 2 songs written for him by steinman in the 80's but given to other artists after the record company refused to pay steinman. these 2 songs are "making love out of nothing at all" which was a hit for air supply and "total eclipse of the heart" which was a hit for bonnie tyler. meat loaf says this could possibly be his last album

Hey there, I know this post was generated 6 months ago but can you provide the direct link to the "released statement" about Meat working with Desmond Child again? I have more accurate information regarding this project Meat is working on, he's a friend of mine. Thank you in advance.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:21

Overheated melodramatic pap. Bombastic masquerading as meaningful.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:24

Can't believe we are discussing Meatloaf ? FFS we have just had the recording of the year made available on IORR.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:29

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

grinning smiley YEAH!

Yes

Date: April 22, 2014 04:49

LiveOrDie
keefriffhard4life
Meat Loaf has released a statement saying he is working with jim steinman and desmond child to release Brave and Crazy in 2014. this will possibly be called BAT OUT OF HELL 4: BRAVE AND CRAZY. meat loaf may also finally record 2 songs written for him by steinman in the 80's but given to other artists after the record company refused to pay steinman. these 2 songs are "making love out of nothing at all" which was a hit for air supply and "total eclipse of the heart" which was a hit for bonnie tyler. meat loaf says this could possibly be his last album

Hey there, I know this post was generated 6 months ago but can you provide the direct link to the "released statement" about Meat working with Desmond Child again? I have more accurate information regarding this project Meat is working on, he's a friend of mine. Thank you in advance.

whats funny is now the statement is gone and from what i can find everything has changed. now what i can find says a 2015 releases with about 8 songs by steinman. before it said 2014 with only a handful of steinman songs and the rest of the material would be desmond child stuff. the album title is also now being called BRAVER THAN WE ARE but at first was called BRAVE AND CRAZY

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 22, 2014 07:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 09:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 22, 2014 18:54

who?

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: April 23, 2014 09:13

His voice is currently a vague shadow of what it was once.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 23, 2014 16:45

I heard something awful on the radio the other day. It stopped me in my tracks. Some song about lying being the truth. Horrible lyrics, horrible music and horrible singing.

And then it hit me. Only Meatloaf would be able to write something so pathetic, so stupid and so 'Hey I can write puns' and get it on the radio. Because, just as people like to buy Ford trucks, there are people out there who love bullshit and insist that something horrible is actually good.

And it blows my mind.

Date: April 23, 2014 23:25

GasLightStreet
I heard something awful on the radio the other day. It stopped me in my tracks. Some song about lying being the truth. Horrible lyrics, horrible music and horrible singing.

And then it hit me. Only Meatloaf would be able to write something so pathetic, so stupid and so 'Hey I can write puns' and get it on the radio. Because, just as people like to buy Ford trucks, there are people out there who love bullshit and insist that something horrible is actually good.

And it blows my mind.

pretty good story since meat loaf rarely ever wrote any songs

Date: April 24, 2014 00:43

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

And it blows my mind.

oh...that was a nice burn skippy! eye popping smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:19

I wonder whether he would have sold nearly as many records if he had called himself Pot Roast instead. Perhaps there is something truly marketable about meat loaf, since everyone has had it at some point in their lives, and it's such a commonplace middle-of-the-road type dish--they even serve it in nursing homes.

Date: April 24, 2014 03:49

stonehearted
I wonder whether he would have sold nearly as many records if he had called himself Pot Roast instead. Perhaps there is something truly marketable about meat loaf, since everyone has had it at some point in their lives, and it's such a commonplace middle-of-the-road type dish--they even serve it in nursing homes.

I think "Leg Of Lamb" was a completely missed opportunity myself.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 24, 2014 04:04

Barf

Date: April 24, 2014 08:50

treaclefingers
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

And it blows my mind.

oh...that was a nice burn skippy! eye popping smiley

it is a nice burn if you know the guy who wrote 90% of meat loafs catalog is a successful songwriter who has had hits with other artists like bonnie tyler, air supply, celine dion, barry manilow and a few others and has worked on movie and broadway theater scores as well. so he thinks only meat loaf can write something that bad yet it was more than likely a guy who has written a dozen hits for different artists and worked on film and theater scores

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-24 08:51 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: April 24, 2014 08:57

<<the guy who wrote 90% of meat loafs catalog is a successful songwriter who has had hits with other artists like bonnie tyler, air supply, celine dion, barry manilow>>

So, he wrote hits for meat loaf and cheese.

Date: April 24, 2014 11:05

stonehearted
<<the guy who wrote 90% of meat loafs catalog is a successful songwriter who has had hits with other artists like bonnie tyler, air supply, celine dion, barry manilow>>

please give us a list of all of the hit songs you have written and who recorded so we can compare. being hired to specifically write a hit song is not an easy task no matter who the recording artist is

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 24, 2014 15:30

One of Meatloaf's best later day performances... where he believes Gary Busey took his art supplies...

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 24, 2014 17:27

keefriffhard4life
stonehearted

please give us a list of all of the hit songs you have written and who recorded so we can compare. being hired to specifically write a hit song is not an easy task no matter who the recording artist is

keef, you have to admit, that was a good retort.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2014 19:06

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

And it blows my mind.

How assumptive of you to assume that I would know if he wrote it or any of his songs. Who gives a shit if he didn't write it or any of the shitty songs he's done - the fact that he's a bloated ignoramus to do such shit songs is enough.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: April 24, 2014 23:33

the dead ringer album is a classic. If he had done bad for good that would have been 3 classics. Not fussed about his latter day output.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 24, 2014 23:41

...it depends how it's cooked ... but you can keep the mushroom gravy...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 25, 2014 00:02

BluzDude

You're supposed to just coat it with ketchup before you bake...at least that's how my Mom made it.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 25, 2014 00:08

latebloomer
BluzDude

You're supposed to just coat it with ketchup before you bake...at least that's how my Mom made it.

Same here! My mother use to also add a can of Campbell's Alphabet soup to the mixture, but most restaurants seem to serve it with that disgusting mushroom gravy.sad smiley

Date: April 25, 2014 00:56

Yes! Ketchup over the top before baking. It's also tasty to add chopped green peppers and onions in with the ground beef.

I had a plate of restaurant meatloaf once and it was crap. No texture, flat taste, as if it were thrown together in a factory and packaged in a tin can.

I don't why it would be slathered in mushroom gravy--that's for the mashed potatoes and veg.

I wonder how Meat Loaf likes his meat loaf.

Date: April 25, 2014 02:04

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

And it blows my mind.

How assumptive of you to assume that I would know if he wrote it or any of his songs. Who gives a shit if he didn't write it or any of the shitty songs he's done - the fact that he's a bloated ignoramus to do such shit songs is enough.

well he is a rich ignoramus and so is the guy who writes the songs and you are busy posting on a rolling stones forum

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 25, 2014 05:21

BluzDude
latebloomer
BluzDude

Same here! My mother use to also add a can of Campbell's Alphabet soup to the mixture, but most restaurants seem to serve it with that disgusting mushroom gravy.sad smiley

If you're on a budget you can add cornflakes to meatloaf to stretch it out.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home